412 replies to this topic

#121 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostVagGR, on 05 November 2013 - 10:16 AM, said:

hm..nice little patch..one thing though..seismic has been nerfed to death and im ok with it, but maybe just maybe its a good idea to reduce its price too....no way this module worth 6mil cbills now...2mil yeah ok, 4 tops..but 6 mil cbills for this ...nope

No do not reduce it until we can sell it back because then we would get less for reselling it.

#122 HugoStiglitz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

"I'm going to judge seismic as dead even though I haven't played a game with the nerfs."

#123 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:19 AM

finally, more use for UAV

#124 Lotarr

Rookie

• The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 8 posts

View PostBoymonkey, on 05 November 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

Sorry guys Seismic was broken they told us this a few weeks back....good luck trying to get a refund on a now working as it should have been module.
You have had a good run with the wallhack now suck it up.
(BTW I also have one but I will not ask for a refund)
Adapt people adapt.

Just because they said it's broken does not mean it was. Why put out a broken product? Silly beyond words.

#125 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

View PostFeetwet, on 05 November 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

I am ok with the seismic change but the module does need a price reduction comparable to its usefulness.

What I am irritated about is NO CONTENT.

It is just my opinion but I am TIRED of new mechs. Always new mechs. How is UI2.0 coming along...'here is a new mech'. Any progress on CW...'here is a new mech'. Can you disable one base in assault and make it Attack/Defend...'here is a new mech'.

Just tired...
S

This. A thousand times. Sure, new mechs are shiny and fun but I WANT CONTENT. I'd like new game modes, NEW MAPS on a regular basis (every other month possibly?).

UI 2.0 actually come out.

Some semblance of CW, like lobbies, chat, etc.

Is a new weapon that hard to ask for?

Possibly new modules? (I know you're working on these, but where are they!?)

How about messing with the skill trees? Adding new perks?

Extra bonuses for CBills/EXP for various ROLE ACTIVITIES.

I still love the game, and want to respect you guys at PGI, but as a Legendary Founder and Phoenix package purchaser I'm beginning to lose hope.

You need to keep us interested with content, not just new Mechs.

#126 Silverlance

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 178 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationThe Periphery, one planet at a time.

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

This. A thousand times. Sure, new mechs are shiny and fun but I WANT CONTENT. I'd like new game modes, NEW MAPS on a regular basis (every other month possibly?).

I still love the game, and want to respect you guys at PGI, but as a Legendary Founder and Phoenix package purchaser I'm beginning to lose hope.

This.

#127 PropagandaWar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:22 AM

Meh. Ill still use siesmic. The screenshake though. Really. Ok. But why do you have it with the already to many benny Streaks? I mean those things get to hit everything, way more damage than the SRM 2's and then get to shake the poop out of you. If my mech can run around at 100kph without throttling me then small weapon damage shouldnt be rollcaging me. Sure a bit of noise and tiny shakes but nothing like what its doing now. Save that for the big guns

Edited by PropagandaWar, 05 November 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#128 Photec

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Kudos for the Bam-Bam! Nice to see a Trial Mech that is actually playable :)

The Jester looks nice, but I, for one, don't want to spend RL-money on something without ballistics.

Having just bought the Seismic I can understand why you are nerfing it. Man, "Information is ammunition"? Never been more true. That thing was OP. I hope you don't lower the price though, because it will still be great if used right.

Is there any plans on adding less powerful and cheaper modules?

#129 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 05 November 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

exactamundo

#130 xCico

• WC 2018 Gold Champ
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

why these patch lately last loooong -.-

#131 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Its online now.

#132 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:25 AM

Am I the only one underwhelmed the last few patches..? I guess it was to be expected with all the stuff that came out with the Phoenix pack..

#133 Celas Thienf

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

Each time the patch content is smaller and smaller...

#134 aniviron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,752 posts

View PostcSand, on 05 November 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

To all people coimplaining about seismic nerf..
Tell me: realistically, how is a seismic sensor supposed to work while a mech is moving?

While I agree that Seismic was too good
Tell me: realistically, how is a battlemech supposed to work at all?

#135 Philldoe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 204 posts
  • LocationTurn Around...

I'm really looking forward to getting that Jester. It's going to be a fun Mech to play with.

On the Note of the module nerf, it's not so bad. It actually makes a lot of sense. Think of it this way... Your mechs own foot stomps are simply drowning out the sensor readings coming in from other mechs. The nerf is going to hurt lights a bit, but frankly it's going to be negligable. If a light pilot is so worried about a mech around the corner, just keep your ears open. You can hear a mech stomping around near you if you listen. This is how we did it in closed beta.

I always saw more use for the seismic mod on my larger mechs. Cap accel and sensor range were far more handy for scouting for me in a light.

#136 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

A seismic module that can't differentiate between weapons impacting the ground and a hundred ton mech is useless. Great that seismic requires you to stand still, pathetic that it can't differentiate. Bye bye module, hello firing ac's at the ground around coffee points.

#137 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostAquaGoat, on 05 November 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Most any OS will allow you to change your soft power button function to a full shutdown and not sleep/hibernate.

I've actually set the option to disable it a number of times, but something keeps switching it back on me.

The greater point was nostalgia for the old AT/XT machines... the great beige grand-daddies, with 30 MB HDD, 5-1/4 floppy drive (yes, the disks were actually floppy), and the red turbo button on the front, next to the blue reset. Got ours with an amber monochrome monitor from a polish outfit in Chicago.

#138 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostBubbaZ, on 05 November 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I am expecting a refund on Seismic Sensor to the full extent, all 6M CBs and GPX spent. This is not what I previously bought and it is Bait-and-Switch selling. I would never buy such Seismic Sensor.

Online Content is always changing. Most MMOs work this way as well. Weapons get changed / nerfed as well in those games. Even item set bonuses.

#139 Jack P00ts

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

Seriously, what was so wrong with the seismic sensor?

I found it handy, but it wasn't really very long range and it certainly didn't win the match for me on it's own.

I own 23 mechs and have only one seismic.

I think the real difference is in personality styles.

When some people get killed, they think: "C r a p, guess I'd better learn how to respond to THAT situation better next time..." or " oh, well, no plan survives contact with the enemy..." and they say thanks for the game and go on their way.

When others get killed they think:
" Who is to blame for me dying other than ME?
MY teammates?
Can I say that one of the weapons, or mechs is "OP"?

Especially if it is a weapon or technology that I either don't use, aren't good at, or doesn't mesh as well with the type of mechs I like to pilot?

It's just kind of a bummer when the second camp, which tend to be more vocal in nature, manages to force features to be taken away from the game. Especially when it's something that really isn't THAT big a deal in the first place, and it's something that everyone can get.

Not like a seismic sensor was only available for real cash or anything. All you had to do was play for a while and buy one.

It's pretty easy to take features away, not nearly so easy to create and implement them in the first place.

Edited by Jack P00ts, 05 November 2013 - 11:34 AM.

#140 RatBast

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:34 AM

At least Seismic is still useful for lights who are capping in Conquest mode. You run to a base, and stay still while capping. Seismic still acts as an early warning system to let you know that you're about to get jumped. It still seems like it would still be useful for 'listening' for movement in caverns in Frozen City (and maybe Forest Colony) as well.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users