Patch Day Nov. 5Th is LIVE!

412 replies to this topic

#401 Grimferth

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Can we please have the "Fire Selected Weapon Group" option back? Some of us don't play with seven-button gaming mouses and could really use the option of changing weapon groups on our mouse 1. What benefit was there in removing this in the first place?

#402 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

View PostCarrotTop, on 08 November 2013 - 06:32 AM, said:

Can we please have the "Fire Selected Weapon Group" option back? Some of us don't play with seven-button gaming mouses and could really use the option of changing weapon groups on our mouse 1. What benefit was there in removing this in the first place?

They mentioned that they are adding it back in.

#403 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Weapon Group fix is coming with the November 19th patch (confirmed)

Just sucks that it's two weeks away!

#404 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 November 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

According to Paul...

Apparently mouth-breathing console gamers are too ******* stupid to figure out how a KEYMAP works.
So, it's better to cater to them, in the hopes that they'll annoy mommy enough to have their allowance upped and they'll spend it here.
While those of us who have been playing video games for 20 years and have both jobs and disposable income are told to go **** ourselves.

We are not the "target audience," so easy to forget that...

#405 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostThe Unknown Pilot, on 08 November 2013 - 08:00 AM, said:

We are not the "target audience," so easy to forget that...

Russ Bullock has responded that it will be corrected on the November 19th patch.

#406 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 08 November 2013 - 08:09 AM, said:

Russ Bullock has responded that it will be corrected on the November 19th patch.

You might have to say it a few more times. You should probably make a macro for it. ;)

#407 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostHeffay, on 08 November 2013 - 08:18 AM, said:

You might have to say it a few more times. You should probably make a macro for it. ;)

I only repeat it because people keep freaking out like it's never going to be fixed. :)

But rest assured....

Posted Image

#408 Tombstoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 08:51 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 08 November 2013 - 07:23 AM, said:

Weapon Group fix is coming with the November 19th patch (confirmed)

Just sucks that it's two weeks away!

How bad would a situation have to be to require ******* of so many current players?
Why not just wait 2 more weeks. how bad could it have been?

Edited by Tombstoner, 08 November 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#409 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

View PostPrezimonto, on 08 November 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

Please fix the catapult arm extensions.

They are unnecessary in that the mech should be a specialized enough missile carrier with entire arms dedicated to missiles that it can work things out internally.

They are actually ugly. They look like a glued on afterthought, the art quality/style doesn't match the rest of the mech.

They add significant volume to the overall shape of the mech, which is also terrible as the ears were already easy targets.

They require the bay doors to be open to fire, even though they're external.

Overall, it's about the worst job the company has done in a game that rests on it's visuals.

I add that I would like the cowling back on the K2's PPCs. Just because you think it's appropriate that tiny mechs can fit a PPC without cowling doesn't mean I want the ugly job you've done making them more replaceable. Even though the cowling makes for a slightly larger target, the look before was sleek and dangerous. It now looks like the clown car version.... perhaps appropriate for the Jester, but not the K2.

I think you're being silly and exaggerating a bit.

The main "box" arm should be the size of the original C1 arms if they're going to expand it with additional missile box hardpoints. The extensions should also have doors if they're mounted on the same hit location.

"Ugly" is subjective. I think they "look" fine.

The K2/Jester PPCs also looks fine to me. They should save the cowlings for mechs that are supposed to have cowlings over the PPCs for a good reason (hand-to-hand combat)... like the Warhammer.

#410 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:17 AM

Well two weeks from now, they needn't at least a long maintenance of the servers in this time (the lack of players/matches per day).

The most interesting thing was (for me) how many people with a handful posts were/are pi**ed o**.
PGI should really start to care about it.

#411 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 08 November 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

I think you're being silly and exaggerating a bit.

The main "box" arm should be the size of the original C1 arms if they're going to expand it with additional missile box hardpoints. The extensions should also have doors if they're mounted on the same hit location.

"Ugly" is subjective. I think they "look" fine.

The K2/Jester PPCs also looks fine to me. They should save the cowlings for mechs that are supposed to have cowlings over the PPCs for a good reason (hand-to-hand combat)... like the Warhammer.

I'm going to agree to disagree on this point. I actually think the implementation is shoddy at best, and everything they added to the missile boxes looks awful. The K2 no longer looks menacing with PPC's without the cowls, so I want them back... it much less an issue. The A1 is in a bad spot right now though. There's no reason you can't put all 6 tubes into the arm racks if you've got streaks on the thing. I don't mind if the box itself scales up or down, but the hard points should all be internal to the main box on the cats. If that means you get the C4 fat box sometimes... so be it.

As for not matching the art of the mech... the extra hard points look tacked on, they don't blend with the camo, and collectively they give a much larger profile to a mech with a profile that already huge for it's tonnage.

In every way I think what was done is a mistake with the missile boxes.

Edited by Prezimonto, 08 November 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#412 wakeupgodfrey

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostMalleus011, on 05 November 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

Be careful what you wish for. Most of these aren't what I'd consider improvements.

What I meant was for more visual patches of the "change loadout == changes in mech's appearance" type. I'm always a little disconcerted when I play a new mech shadowhawk and it comes with some crazy base appearance like a vision-blocking shoulder mounted assault cannon shadowhawk and I change the loadout so there are three piddly machine guns instead but the in-game appearance of the thing doesn't change a bit.

#413 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

I really dont like the new look of my Catapult A1. Why does it need to have even BIGGER pods ? Isn't this mech weak enough??

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users