#381 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostMr Blonde, on 05 November 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

But I remember Bryan saying, "If you LIKE your Fire Selected Groups, you can KEEP your Fire Selected Groups, PERIOD!".

What he meant was: "Now, if you had one of these Modules before the November 5th Patch and you really liked that Module, what we said was you can keep it if it hasn't changed since the first Patch,"

#382 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:24 AM

I guess then that Paul would be like the former Sec. of State...

"Is it over a YouTube video of a Jenner being able to achieve orbit with Jump Jets? Or some Developers who went out for a walk and decided to break an important interface feature? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?"

#383 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:31 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 November 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

I guess then that Paul would be like the former Sec. of State...

"Is it over a YouTube video of a Jenner being able to achieve orbit with Jump Jets? Or some Developers who went out for a walk and decided to break an important interface feature? WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?"

I wonder if any of the devs will pass out so they can go to the hospital to avoid tough questions?

#384 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 06 November 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

I wonder if any of the devs will pass out so they can go to the hospital to avoid tough questions?

The prerequisite for passing out is having anything in your skull that needs oxygen, and clearly the skull hamsters at PGI are all dead on the wheel - if they weren't they wouldn't have done this.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 06 November 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#385 Kymlaar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 154 posts
  • LocationSeattle Region

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

I'm fine with the intent of the seismic patch, but I wish it had been done differently. I don't feel that it was overpowered previously, I more felt that the other modules are considerably underpowered. Modules are supposed to be a method of customization, but neither I nor my friends care at all about getting Master levels to get the extra module slot. That tells me that modules are underpowered, and should be improved in some way.

I would also like it if the mech experience wasn't used to completely fill out a tree, but instead allowed someone to personalize by unlocking a few of the items and not all. I suppose that sort of thing was originally going to be more in the pilot tree than the mech tree, but the original ideas for the pilot tree kind of died off since beta/pre-beta days.

#386 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:13 PM

A fix will be made for the "fire selected weapon group" fans like myself:

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2899569

#387 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostJ4ck4l, on 06 November 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

It's always a problem of newfag dumb players too stupid to play a computer game in 2013... I miss the times of old school computer skill-based gaming, god, I miss those times..

#388 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

View PostJ4ck4l, on 06 November 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

Which brings up my question about when it's going to be fixed.

This is literally a game breaker for a lot of people, people who are burning premium time waiting for it to be fixed.

Now back in "BETA" this wasn't a big deal, because you could expect things like this, and it could be argued that you rolled the dice spending money on something that was "Under development" and subject to change. But now that we're "LIVE", the developer does have some responsibilities for compensation when they pull off stunts like this.

#389 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 November 2013 - 01:12 PM, said:

Which brings up my question about when it's going to be fixed.

This is literally a game breaker for a lot of people, people who are burning premium time waiting for it to be fixed.

Now back in "BETA" this wasn't a big deal, because you could expect things like this, and it could be argued that you rolled the dice spending money on something that was "Under development" and subject to change. But now that we're "LIVE", the developer does have some responsibilities for compensation when they pull off stunts like this.

Agreed. It is still very unfortunate that this happened.

#390 Kaijin

• 2,137 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostAquaGoat, on 05 November 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

You forgot about the JJ's. 2 PPC's, 2MLAS, JJ's and a 355 engine would make this thing a nasty little sniper.

In all but a very few circumstances, 2 JJ are insufficient for jump-sniping with a 65 ton mech. If you've only got 2 JJs, you may as well just have 1, as all the jump will be good for is rapid heading changes, which is helpful in a brawl, but Cats don't survive brawls too well owing to their massive cockpit glass.

#391 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

Forget everything else in this patch. PLEASE FIX the Catapult A1 missile launchers. If I wanted to pilot a Catapult C4 I would. My Founders Catapult looks horrible. A LRM 15 launcher should look like an LRM 15 launcher not a LRM 20 Launcher. This is a change that makes less sense then their normal superfluous changes. FIX!!

#392 Voodoomancer

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:44 PM

Removing "fire selected weapon group"? WTF?

Seriously, NOT EVERYONE HAS SIX FIRE BUTTONS! You've just completely nerfed (some) people's entire firing style, and for what? What exactly is the logic behind this?

#393 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostVoodoomancer, on 06 November 2013 - 07:44 PM, said:

Removing "fire selected weapon group"? WTF?

Seriously, NOT EVERYONE HAS SIX FIRE BUTTONS! You've just completely nerfed (some) people's entire firing style, and for what? What exactly is the logic behind this?

According to Paul...

View PostPaul Inouye, on 06 November 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

1) No.

2) :P

3) We are adding the ability to bind MB1 to "fire selected weapon group" but it's requiring a bit of trickery on the control binding end of things. We have engineering working on it right now and as soon as that is fixed, the bind will be available to you all again. Sorry for the inconvenience but this was something we did after watching new players have a problem with the current implementation.

Apparently mouth-breathing console gamers are too ******* stupid to figure out how a KEYMAP works.
So, it's better to cater to them, in the hopes that they'll annoy mommy enough to have their allowance upped and they'll spend it here.
While those of us who have been playing video games for 20 years and have both jobs and disposable income are told to go **** ourselves.

Edited by Roadbeer, 06 November 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#394 Texas Merc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:00 PM

View PostAirborne Thunder, on 06 November 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Forget everything else in this patch. PLEASE FIX the Catapult A1 missile launchers. If I wanted to pilot a Catapult C4 I would. My Founders Catapult looks horrible. A LRM 15 launcher should look like an LRM 15 launcher not a LRM 20 Launcher. This is a change that makes less sense then their normal superfluous changes. FIX!!

Yeah gotta agree here. Who the hell impregnated my C1's ears?

e: hey gaiz the cat ct and head is too big and easy to hit, I know!! Let's double the size of the ears!!

Edited by Texas Merc, 06 November 2013 - 08:01 PM.

#395 frag85

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

Proper CrossFire support?

:P

#396 Huntrava

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:09 PM

View Postfrag85, on 06 November 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Proper CrossFire support?

:)

Haha. Keep dreaming.

I mean, the engineers at PGI have apparently resorted to "trickery" to get the key bindings right.

#397 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostHuntrava, on 06 November 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Haha. Keep dreaming.

I mean, the engineers at PGI have apparently resorted to "trickery" to get the key bindings right.

Seriously, how do you remove the most basic feature in video games for over 20 years?

#398 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:39 AM

View Postaniviron, on 05 November 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

While I agree that Seismic was too good
Tell me: realistically, how is a battlemech supposed to work at all?

a magic blessing from chuck norris silly hope that clears things up :)

#399 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

Please fix the catapult arm extensions.

They are unnecessary in that the mech should be a specialized enough missile carrier with entire arms dedicated to missiles that it can work things out internally.

They are actually ugly. They look like a glued on afterthought, the art quality/style doesn't match the rest of the mech.

They add significant volume to the overall shape of the mech, which is also terrible as the ears were already easy targets.

They require the bay doors to be open to fire, even though they're external.

Overall, it's about the worst job the company has done in a game that rests on it's visuals.

I add that I would like the cowling back on the K2's PPCs. Just because you think it's appropriate that tiny mechs can fit a PPC without cowling doesn't mean I want the ugly job you've done making them more replaceable. Even though the cowling makes for a slightly larger target, the look before was sleek and dangerous. It now looks like the clown car version.... perhaps appropriate for the Jester, but not the K2.

Edited by Prezimonto, 08 November 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#400 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:56 AM

View PostKarma Police, on 05 November 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

why did you advertise the jester with the new map in the background when you didnt patch it too?

this stuff just makes me frustrated.

enjoy your new money, i wont be forking it over as i am disappointed with you.

Why do auto manufacturers advertise their next model with half naked women lying across it? :)

Seriously, if you`re disappointed at something that trivial, I feel deeply sorry for you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users