please return the fire selected weapon group option thank you

#362 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:42 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 06 November 2013 - 08:32 AM, said:

Switching weapon groups is not like switching gears. In cars you have to go through gears sequentially. You don't have to fire or switch weapon groups sequentially

Your way: firing Group 1 and switching to and firing Group 3 takes 4 steps (regardless of using arrow keys or 'Select Next Group' button):
  • 1) Fire Selected Group (Group 1)
  • 2) Select Next Group (Group 2)
  • 3) Select Next Group (Group 3)
  • 4) Fire Selected Group (Group 3)
New way: firing Group 1 then firing Group 3 takes 2 steps:
  • 1) Fire Group 1
  • 2) Fire Group 3

That's all well and good, but many of us use weapon groups differently, and have our systems/peripherals mapped where it's as efficient if not more so than you describe... at least for us.

We many have weapons in group 4 that are there because it's for 'short range' or 'minimal heat' that instead of "toggle group left' x3 then 'fire' its "Ok, let me remap all my controls so that I have to map the 4 button where I'd normally have jump jets" or "Ok, now I have to take my hand off of a movement control to press the 4 button".

It's nice that you think your way is easier, and I'll adopt it if you can explain to me even a remotely compelling reason for why it was removed in the first place.

If the argument for 3PV was "A significant % of the population wants it and uses it", then the same argument can be made for FSWG. How about a little consistency PGI? The difference being that those of us who use FSWG do not impact the play for those who don't.

Edited by Roadbeer, 06 November 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#363 Sir Roland MXIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Switching weapon groups is not like switching gears. In cars you have to go through gears sequentially. You don't have to fire or switch weapon groups sequentially

Your way: firing Group 1 and switching to and firing Group 3 takes 4 steps (regardless of using arrow keys or 'Select Next Group' button):
  • 1) Fire Group 1
  • 2) Fire Group 3

Style Two you mention is what PGI wants everyone to do whether they like it or not, Style One is what's been in use for over twenty years of shooters. When you play other shooters, you can choose weapon swaps per key but you still have to fire them with a trigger.

People have built up the muscle memory for years, if not decades, and you treating such an undertaking as trivial says to everyone involved how trivially thoughtful you are, putting you at more or less the same cognitave capacity as PGI.

Seriously people, get a clue. Playing one way for a year or more is not an easy thing anyone can change at the snap of a finger, including those of you who think it can be done.

#364 Mike Getsome

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

Removed the key binding option "Fire Selected Weapon Group". Mouse 1's (Left Click) default key bind is now "Fire Weapon Group 1", this can be remapped in the options screen.

Why? I was switching selected weapon group with mouse wheel and firing it with left click, what am I supposed to do now?
Why you have to ruin everything?

Answer me.

#365 Huntrava

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:00 AM

Patch after patch it is becoming clear that the only thing the players can rely on is PGI making underwhelming and counterproductive updates.

#366 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 06 November 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

Style One is what's been in use for over twenty years of shooters. When you play other shooters, you can choose weapon swaps per key but you still have to fire them with a trigger.

I think this is the problem. Want MWO to not be (or at least stop being compared to) the same type of shooter people have been playing for 20 years? Change the controls so it's not the same as shooters people have been playing for 20 years.

#367 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 06 November 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

I think this is the problem. Want MWO to not be (or at least stop being compared to) the same type of shooter people have been playing for 20 years? Change the controls so it's not the same as shooters people have been playing for 20 years.

How one binds their controls is personal preference. Some people like inverted mouse for FPS others do not, but the option has always been there for the people that like to play that way. So why should they take away a perfectly valid play style that people have used for years for some silly vanity decision to be different? This was a stupid decision. Being able to remap controls to fit ones personal play style is sacrosanct. If a game forced me to use WASD I would no longer play because I find EADF much more comfortable to use, and it gives me additional options for key binds. Taking away fire selected weapon group was an ignorant decision at best.

#368 J4ck4l

• PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

• 1) Fire Group 1
  • 2) Fire Group 3
In order to fire Group 1 again without just hitting the 'Fire Group 1' key, you must either plow through 'Select Next Group' to get through to the other side using another 5 steps, or have another key/button bound to 'Select Previous Group' and use another 3 steps.

Fine, my comparison might not have been very accurate. The case still stands though. I wanted to point out what a big game changer/killer this nerf is for many people. I am not saying either one is better or more efficient, just both very valid options. Where one just got nerfed, well not even nerfed, destroyed.

#369 RatBast

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostNuclearPanda, on 06 November 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

Its fast, it has jumpjets, custom paint and a 30% CBill boost. In my mind it'd be lethal with 2xLL's and 4xML's if piloted properly. Just my opinion.

It is. Threw a XL350 in mine with 2AMS, 2LLs, and 4MLs. I've only played a few games so far, but I've been racking up kills a LOT easier than I expected to.

#370 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:54 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 06 November 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

It already is different from every succesful shooter before it in that it's an absolute pile of [redacted]. There are those here do not enjoy the pile of [redacted] PGI is serving and are working to get PGI to knock it off - despite those such as you seem to enjoy eating PGI's [redacted] tacos.

EDIT - Also something for you to chew on in between PGI [redacted]tacos, is the FACT this is an option that was integral to the entire MW series up until now - twenty+ years of history thrown in the trash, and PGI isn't going to stop the comparisons this way.

If anything, the comparisons to other MWs and other shooters will become more important - and this has already begun in the last twenty four hours as people jump ship.

Edited by miSs, 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#371 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:58 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 06 November 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

And yet you indulge in this game frequently...

Posted Image

Dun Dahn Duuunnnnnnnnn....

#372 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 November 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

"I don't know how to quit you!"

#373 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 November 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

Posted Image

Not like I have a huge choice of Mechwarriors to pick from anymore. But there is a very drastic difference between playing MW:O and drinking PGI's kool-aid and wearing PGI sneakers.

EDIT Also, once Titanfall hits, I will at least buy it and play it to see if I can get a similar MW kick there.

Edited by Sir Roland MXIII, 06 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#374 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

View PostSir Roland MXIII, on 06 November 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

Understand the rage, the game is unplayable for me too at this point... but lets step back from the hyperbole and nonconstructive poo-slinging before we end up sounding like the tin-foil hat brigade.

#375 Sir Roland MXIII

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:03 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 06 November 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

Understand the rage, the game is unplayable for me too at this point... but lets step back from the hyperbole and nonconstructive poo-slinging before we end up sounding like the tin-foil hat brigade.

Fair enough but I'm still not going to drink any Kool-aid. ;)

#376 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:06 AM

havent played since "launch"

just come here to see what's in the patch notes...obviously im not missing anything

#377 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostDr B00t, on 06 November 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

havent played since "launch"

just come here to see what's in the patch notes...obviously im not missing anything

Posted Image

Heheh...

I do want to make sure that people who want to provide Feedback to the developers regarding the changes that were introduced in this patch cycle move down to the Patch Feedback section of the forums. This thread is more for reading the notes and discussing them amongst ourselves, whereas the Patch Feedback section is a better place to provide feedback to the developers so they know how this patch is affecting you and how you think it affects the game.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM.

#378 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:17 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

This thread is more for reading the notes and discussing them amongst ourselves, whereas the Patch Feedback section is a better place to provide feedback to the developers so they know how this patch is affecting you and how you think it affects the game.

We can do both...

squeaky wheel and all that stuff.

#379 NuclearPanda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 06 November 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Posted Image

Heheh...

I do want to make sure that people who want to provide Feedback to the developers regarding the changes that were introduced in this patch cycle move down to the Patch Feedback section of the forums. This thread is more for reading the notes and discussing them amongst ourselves, whereas the Patch Feedback section is a better place to provide feedback to the developers so they know how this patch is affecting you and how you think it affects the game.

That's why I created an Seismic Nerf feedback thread over there and linked to it earlier. ;)

Posted Image

#380 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

"I have a bad feeling about this." because the whole scenario will proceed:

"Sir our analyzes show us the main of the players use only a maximum of 3 weapongroups since the 5th november."

"Oh really i will forward this to the cockpit designers, he can blacken the weapongroups 4-6 then."

"But Sir my little son needs only 2. Should we...."

"Oh really. Ok my little son wanna have this new console thing from sony and he has quite small hands."

pause

"Gosh I have a groundbreaking idea. We drop the whole old-fashioned MW style.

Two buttons: One for the torso weapons and One for the arm weapons.

Nothing more is needed and it MUST be copyrighted."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users