910 replies to this topic

#21 Carrioncrows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

LRM's are massively overpowered.

I'm not talking about damage I am talking about the silly spotting rule we have.

I could understand if I was being hit with a Tag or a NARC and the other team could bombard LRM's but the absurd spotting is just too much and requires any sort of competitive team to cling to the same old 5 ECM mechs or die in a fire.

Actually their whole EW needs reworked to a system instead of blanket On / Off situations.

Edited by Carrioncrows, 07 November 2013 - 05:40 AM.

#22 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 07 November 2013 - 05:40 AM, said:

LRM's are massively overpowered.

I'm not talking about damage I am talking about the silly spotting rule we have.

I could understand if I was being hit with a Tag or a NARC and the other team could bombard LRM's but the absurd spotting is just too much and requires any sort of competitive team to cling to the same old 5 ECM mechs or die in a fire.

Actually their whole EW needs reworked to a system instead of blanket On / Off situations.

Take 2 LRM 20 an see how OP they are. :)

#23 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 November 2013 - 05:41 AM, said:

Take 2 LRM 20 an see how OP they are. :)

I wouldn't be posting if I didn't think they were overpowered, taking my Stalker-3H out yet again with the same LRM20's will only result in the same conclusion I JUST posted.

You might still be suffering whiplash from people who post "unsubstantiated" opinions rather than someone who posts up their observations after countless matches with and against said equipment.

Easy to get me confused with the masses. It happens.

#24 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:49 AM

while i think its true about the thing that there has been an increase in LRM usage recently but saying LRM is OP is stupid
as poster above said take an lrm boat and try it

if anything lrm needs a buff -> not damage, or improved tracking or speed none such it needs something out of the box
maybe increasing its range would be okay and removing INCOMING MISSILE warning on any mech that doesnt have AMS

and also EW equipment could use some tuning... that on off switch on ECM isnt the best approach either

#25 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 07 November 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

I wouldn't be posting if I didn't think they were overpowered, taking my Stalker-3H out yet again with the same LRM20's will only result in the same conclusion I JUST posted.

You might still be suffering whiplash from people who post "unsubstantiated" opinions rather than someone who posts up their observations after countless matches with and against said equipment.

Actually I am not. 2 LRM20s is not OP. I also have lots of experience with em. :)

#26 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:51 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 07 November 2013 - 05:46 AM, said:

While I agree they are bad, so is ECM and so is a lot of EW like you said.

Seismic was a good start in the direction the game needs to go. There needs to be a lot more ability to ambush because of superior positioning and actual scouting rather than just relying on a few modules or pieces of equipment to detect or hide your team.

I love LRMs, they themselves aren't OP as much as the systems in place plus the lack of ECM mechs and AMS being fielded lately. The spamming LRMs are kind of a waste compared to the guys who bring the big racks to the fight and know the positioning and maps to put the missiles on targets.

Once we get some real role warfare, then maybe we see if LRMs are OP.

#27 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:01 AM

LRMs
Thermal
ECM
PPC
Atlas Eye Glow
Terrain
Gauss
Heat
Communication
Teamwork
Rocks
Spotting
Lights
LRMs are overpowered. Nerf LRMs!

...wait a minute. Did we overflow the nerf buffer and just go back full circle?

Edited by Rhaythe, 07 November 2013 - 06:01 AM.

#28 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

View PostColonelMetus, on 06 November 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

4-5 lrm 10's on chain fire that permanantly screen shake you.

everyone has seen them all over the place sense the tuesday before last.
if something isnt done PGI is going to over correct the problem like always and we will be left with useless LRMs again.

please, stop the flooding before you ruin LRM for everyone, or. nerf LRM flooding

I have one lrm chain firer, 5xLrm5's. It is extremely deadly in one circumstance only:
When an assault mech gets over brave and/or stupid and leaves cover to go chase something smaller. 9/10 times you are scrambling for that nanosecond long target lock:)
It is used to provide soft cc and suppression (screenshake and forcing movement) so my smaller than assault lancemates can move on a target and get superior position.

#29 Roosterfish

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 148 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:04 AM

Yeah Rhaytehe, as soon as Ballistics catch a nerf then we get to start the nerf circle all over again.

#30 Rhaythe

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostRoosterfish, on 07 November 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Yeah Rhaytehe, as soon as Ballistics catch a nerf then we get to start the nerf circle all over again.

I look forward to the day where my only weapon will be harsh language. Dude, you will so, like, rue the day.

#31 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostRhaythe, on 07 November 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

I look forward to the day where my only weapon will be harsh language. Dude, you will so, like, rue the day.

This made me :)

#32 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:33 AM

The circle of OP crying life:

- LRM OP
- PPC OP
- Gauss OP
- SRM OP
- UAC OP
- PPC OP
- LRM OP

it just goes around and around and around

#33 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:34 AM

View PostCapperDeluxe, on 07 November 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

The circle of OP crying life:

- LRM OP
- PPC OP
- Gauss OP
- SRM OP
- UAC OP
- PPC OP
- LRM OP

it just goes around and around and around

Spinning out of control.

#34 Carrioncrows

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 2,949 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostBarantor, on 07 November 2013 - 05:51 AM, said:

While I agree they are bad, so is ECM and so is a lot of EW like you said.

Seismic was a good start in the direction the game needs to go. There needs to be a lot more ability to ambush because of superior positioning and actual scouting rather than just relying on a few modules or pieces of equipment to detect or hide your team.

I love LRMs, they themselves aren't OP as much as the systems in place plus the lack of ECM mechs and AMS being fielded lately. The spamming LRMs are kind of a waste compared to the guys who bring the big racks to the fight and know the positioning and maps to put the missiles on targets.

Once we get some real role warfare, then maybe we see if LRMs are OP.

LRM's are not overpowered because of the damage, speed or spread they do.

I said the exact same thing in my OP of this thread.

They are overpowered because of the way Spotting works and the whole of Electronic warfare. One random guy locks up who he see's and a 11 other guys fire 300-400 LRM's in the space of a few seconds. There isn't enough AMS in the world.

Now it would make a bit more sense if that guy was using a Tag or a Narc which made indirect fire possible because he specifically created his mech to full fill that roll but random spotting is bad.

You want my full solution?

http://www.youtube.c...d&v=rWn7v6-xGQ8

#35 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

I don't think LRMs are overpowered right now by themselves. All the Modules like Target Retention and Decay is what gives them the boost over the edge.In my jenner I can turtle up a hill fire a Alpha, and Literally they have a lock on me within a Second or so. After that I am moving around behind the hill till, Hopefully, I can break their Lock.Sometimes It works ,Sometimes it doesn't, as they retain Lock so long now.

#36 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:37 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 06 November 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

Did I not see a similar thread by the OP?

You should start fearing when lurms block out the sun.

Those of us who remember shall never forget.

We lost so many during the LRMpocalypse... so many good players... gone forever...

#37 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:38 AM

is cover and/or using an AMS system that hard? I will ignore the fact I have never seen 11 opposing mechs sporting LRM's, but even if you get targetted and the volleys start raining in, use a little cover. All those shiny missles explode against a rock doing absolutley nothing while your team proceed to crush that silly little lone mech that has to have line of sight to keep you targetted. There are very few maps where you can't close in on a mech without having cover available.
The only time LRM's do massive amounts of damage is if the enemy mech being targetted and tagged is to lazy to try and find cover and forgets to pack on 1.5tons of damage mitigation in the form of an AMS system. Even then you almost never get all those missles to hit so at worst it is like getting popped by a dual guass jager.

#38 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostCaptain Stiffy, on 07 November 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Those of us who remember shall never forget.

We lost so many during the LRMpocalypse... so many good players... gone forever...

Then they couldn't have been that good if we lost em. ;)

#39 Boymonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 772 posts
  • LocationUK Yorkshire (from Manchester)

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Anything that kills me or makes my screen shake to much is OP and should be nerfed (unless I use it).
:lol:

Stiffy!!! ;)

Made many of us better pilots though didn't it..

#40 Captain Stiffy

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 November 2013 - 08:39 AM, said:

Then they couldn't have been that good if we lost em. ;)

No they just went to be good in other games :lol:

View PostEaerie, on 07 November 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

is cover and/or using an AMS system that hard?

No but it is hard to be effective when all of your snipers are locked down by LRM's and you happened to drop without any ECM in your team.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users