#61 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

View Postdarqsyde, on 16 November 2013 - 11:04 PM, said:

I hate to suggest it at this point, but did you do a removal of your old Catalyst and Drivers and then reinstall?

Also, have you run a repair on your MWO install lately?

These, I find, are usually the two most over-looked probable causes of issues.

Sorry for the late replay, but I was caught by RL. But I had a clean reinstall of MW:O and yes, all outdated drivers were removed when I got my new card.

View PostSilentBang, on 20 November 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:

This is definitely just your CPU bottlenecking your framerate. As someone mentioned above, you will notice that if you look toward the enemy base at the start of a match, your framerate will plummet. Looking away from the enemy mechs toward the edge of the map will bring you back up to a good framerate. I get 130 fps in the testing grounds, but only 30-50 during most matches.

There is a tendency for that to happen, but what you point out is far more extreme then what occurs in my case. I do get a lot more FPS in Testing Ground, but you´d rather expect that when nothings going on. But that second thing... turning away from mechs and facing them does NOT cause such randomness in FPS in my case. It does, but on a fairly limited scale, i.e. a drop of around 7-10FPS. Which is also acceptable, if the overall FPS was not so bad. Looking away and facing 23 other mechs engaged in combat does not bring my FPS down completely, but looking away does not raise it either. I am just stuck with overall low FPS.

It´s also not like its unplayable. But around 25 FPS independt of graphics settings is just not pleasing. It surt of runs "smooth" but you definitly notice that certain sluggishness that you would expect from such FPS. Theres some maps where I do get over that, too, but I am just always far faaar away from a complete smooth gaming experience.

Edit: Coincidentially, I also play PlanetSide 2 and I did get that FPS-Boost there as well. I take it that my CPU might be a problem - the thing is that it sort of should not be a problem to such extent. Roughly 30 FPS is just not justifiable concerning what other games get out of that.

Edited by Brixx, 22 November 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#62 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 12:04 PM

An i3 4330 or i5 4430 would probably be a night and day difference compared to your old Thuban chip in MWO. Since they use the same board, you could start with the i3 and if it isn't enough sell that off and jump up to an i5. The IPC is just way higher on the SB/IB/HW chips.

#63 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:01 PM

View PostxWiredx, on 22 November 2013 - 12:04 PM, said:

An i3 4330 or i5 4430 would probably be a night and day difference compared to your old Thuban chip in MWO. Since they use the same board, you could start with the i3 and if it isn't enough sell that off and jump up to an i5. The IPC is just way higher on the SB/IB/HW chips.

Ah, no. I go to university, so I have rather limited access to money and I am not going to invest such amount for one single game that I only play occasionally. Everything else does work rather fine and is up to my expectations fps-wise. As only MW:O isn´t, I won´t take any further actions.

When I opened the thread I just had some easy fix in mind. E.g. the game STALKER: it simply had to be forced to use multicores via "CPU-Control" etc. But I am thankful to anyone who shared his/her thoughs and commented in friendly intent. :D

Edit: As mentioned before its also far from being "unplayable". But below what I expected performance-wise.

Edited by Brixx, 22 November 2013 - 02:04 PM.

#64 Goose

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

View PostBrixx, on 22 November 2013 - 02:01 PM, said:

… I have rather limited access to money and I am not going to invest such amount for one single game that I only play occasionally …

I am mystified by how often people say they can't find another use for a proper desktop computer:D

#65 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostGoose, on 22 November 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

I am mystified by how often people say they can't find another use for a proper desktop computer:D

That is a very weird statement.
Why... would I want that? I do not have any other use for it except a small number of video games that I like. All else I do is the usual stuff, that could as well be done by a far slower computer. Why should I upgrade and seek for usage, when I am perfectly happy with my system or rather the performance of it with the single exception of this game?

I cannot accelerate past that particular car, and that is now the only reason I buy a new car, but I will then find other reasons for having bought that new car?

Or did I now completely misunderstand you?

Edited by Brixx, 22 November 2013 - 03:43 PM.

#66 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:57 PM

I just glanced back through this thread and didn't see anything mentioned, so I'll throw this out:

Have you tried overclocking Brixx??

you'd be AMAZED at how a modest overclock can help performance on AMD processors.

http://www.tomshardw...ghz-1090t-guide

It's at least worth reading up on and thinking about, especially as it may push you just over the edge into "enjoyable/playable" territory.

#67 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostSen, on 23 November 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

I just glanced back through this thread and didn't see anything mentioned, so I'll throw this out:

Have you tried overclocking Brixx??

you'd be AMAZED at how a modest overclock can help performance on AMD processors.

http://www.tomshardw...ghz-1090t-guide

It's at least worth reading up on and thinking about, especially as it may push you just over the edge into "enjoyable/playable" territory.

My CPU actually already is moderately overclocked. Standard frequency is 3200 mhz, now it is at a stable and uncritical 3600 mhz. This oc was done by professional though and it´s in perfect harmony temperature and voltage wise, so I don´t want to mess with it. :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users