#21 Catamount

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostGoose, on 07 November 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Anyone with an account, and the disk space for a whole second install

Hey, you know, I had a Compaq Presario with a "bottomless" 4GB hard drive in 1999. That might have trouble storing two copies of MWO ;)

I actually look foward to doing the afternoon test when I get home from school today. My 3570k/7970 rig has been getting down to like 40fps in heavy combat, which is absurd considering it's OCed to 4.3ghz (which used to net a 60fps minimum). I definitely look forward to seeing if it does better in DX11.

Edited by Catamount, 07 November 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#22 Evax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:00 AM

I found that my FX-6300 and 7950 wass dipping in to the low 20-25 fps range while my CPU Clock was jumping between 3.6 and 3.8. It has a turbo boost of 4.1, but was rarly going that high. When I went through the bios and manualy set it for 4.1 I gained about 12 fps. Ocing the GPU did little to help. Right now, for me at least, CPU speed seems to improve the game.

#23 Catamount

• LIEUTENANT, JUNIOR GRADE
  • 3,305 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:07 AM

Yeah I think in the various patches since 12-man, this game has lot a LOT of performance on the CPU side. Still, it sounds like they'll address that soon here.

#24 zazz0000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:14 AM

View PostCatamount, on 07 November 2013 - 10:07 AM, said:

Still, it sounds like they'll address that soon here.

That would be a huge relief. Running around in a heated battle at 7 fps is no fun...

#25 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts
  • LocationGermany/Bavaria

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hi again!

Sorry, I had to go to my uni lectures, but now some replies to all your very welcomed input:

I use latest beta drivers, I am aware of the rather recent release of the graphics cards.

Also I do know that I might not be able to run it MAX-settings, but as I said, I am hardly able to get stable 30+-FPS at even the lowest settings.

I also tried a 1000W BeQuiet PSU, which did not have any impact.

I monitored my CPU Usage - only with the Win7 Built-In-Tool. My cores go up to mostly 60% load, sometimes lower, but never actually go for full usage. OpenHardwaremonitor suggests an overall load of 69-70% if taken all cores into account.

Last thing: Yes, I know that the R9 270X might not be that much faster. Most benchmarks suggest around 30% performance-increase though, which concerning the price-tag was okay for me. Considering that I was able to sell my old card for around 80€ and the R9 sold for 160€ here in Germany... I wasn´t aiming for ultra-settings etc. with the R9 either, just hoped to hop over the 30FPS-barrier - thats all I expect of the card which it very well does in most games. Except MW:O . ;)

Edited by Brixx, 07 November 2013 - 10:46 AM.

#26 Blue Footed Booby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationHere?

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:43 AM

OP: how many power connections does your graphics card have? If there's more than one, you need to connect all of them. I'm not trying to make fun of you. First time I got a card that had multiple hookups I didn't notice the second one and couldn't figure out why my PC was running like a snail.

In a different build I ended up with a motherboard that had a known buggy BIOS firmware that made everything go about half speed. I got the utility to update it, dug out a boot disk (this was before there were utilities to flash a BIOS from inside Windows), and the install failed before it started. Took me hours to figure out the official installer I'd gotten from their website had a typo in the batch file.

#27 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:46 AM

Well, I think you should be getting at least 50+ FPS on high or ultra

For comparison, my laptop: i7 4700m, and Radeon 8970m, 16GB 1600MHZ RAM, is getting 55-~85 FPS (ultra settings, vsync and motion blur off) depending on which level and amount of action on screen. 8GB is more than enough RAM, so I would think you should be seeing similar results as me. I have Windows 8 Pro but I don't think that would be the deciding factor here..

Other games running OK with the new card?

Also our bird friend who posted above me has a good point.

Edited by cSand, 07 November 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#28 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:52 AM

@Blue Motherboard-Software is also up to date and as the card is working really well with other games, I guess its maybe not due to that - also the latest update dates back to mid 2012 for my specific board. And my graphics card uses to 6-pin-power connectors. Yes, they are firmly plugged in. ;)

@cSand Yes, other games do run very well! In these games I got the FPS-boost I was expecting, i.e. Assetto Corsa, Project CARS and some other racing games. Same goes for Battlfield 3, which I sort of used as a benchmark for comparison. FPS in BF3 increased at about 20, while the racing games came close to double-fps.

Edited by Brixx, 07 November 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#29 Epic Fail

• PipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 82 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:39 AM

The R9 series is essentially a re-purposed 7000 series... not much of a jump for you sorry...

#30 Brixx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostEpic Fail, on 07 November 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

The R9 series is essentially a re-purposed 7000 series... not much of a jump for you sorry...

As I mentioned, I know. But with selling the old card, I had to invest 80€. For around 30% more performance and enough to power to satisfy my needs. ;)

#31 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:36 PM

My PC specs for anyone having issues... this was a semi-budget build initially with later upgrading the CPU... I'll be putting in a new GPU this weekend, but here's what I got:
Avg. FPS In-Game: 37-42 on High Graphics
Windows Overall Score: 7.7
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K
CPU Cooling: CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm
GPU: XFX Double D HD-685X-ZDFC Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
MBoard: ASUS P8P67 (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
Power Supply: CORSAIR TX Series CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V v2.3 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Compatible with New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready
Drives: 1 SSD (System), 2 Mechanical (Partitioned Storage)
Tower: COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case. 4 120mm Case Fans (front/side/rear), Drive Bay Fans: 2x StarTech FANDRIVEBK Plastic Fan Plastic Fan Enclosure 3.5in Triple Fan Hard Drive Cooler
Note: CPU/GPU/Memory all run slightly over-clocked :geek: Also... I started with this CPU: Intel Core i3-2100 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000 BX80623I32100 and averaged about 25-30 FPS (same setup minus upgraded CPU and liquid cooling). (Ignore formatting... on a work computer that is wonky... lol) I usually have Mumble, MSI Afterburner (for GPU overclocking), and Steam (it's my gaming shortcut) running... Norton in the background and a few regular windows related startup programs...

Edited by Grendel408, 07 November 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#32 Sign

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostBrixx, on 07 November 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

I monitored my CPU Usage - only with the Win7 Built-In-Tool. My cores go up to mostly 60% load, sometimes lower, but never actually go for full usage. OpenHardwaremonitor suggests an overall load of 69-70% if taken all cores into account.

I created a thread yesterday with this exact same issue. My rig is nothing stellar, but should be capable enough to run this at medium with some highs, at 50 fps give or take. I get between 25-35 at most, with my 965 BE and 5850 terribly underutilized.

There is something extremely wrong with MWO here.

Edited by Sign, 07 November 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#33 Kaosity

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationNapping in a cockpit

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:05 PM

View PostMatthew Craig, on 07 November 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

I just wanted to drop in to say that with DX11 in test and so long as no more critical issues arise for DX11 next up is to do another performance pass, so just wanted to note it's on our radars for those still struggling with framerate.

Reports from this morning's DX11 testing is not that favorable.

DX11 Trial Benchmarks

For myself, considering the amount of data being xfered I dropped my WiFi wireless and did a CAT6 cable connection. That cured my bottleneck.

Edited by WhenReaperComes, 07 November 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#34 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:59 AM

I have same problem her - low FPS -_-

My PC is:
Phenom II X4 940BE
ASUS GTX760 DirectCU II OC
2x2GB ram 800MHz 4-4-4-12

BF3 - ultra = ~60 fps
Warthunder - all max = 90+ fps
many other games maxed get like 60+ fps

but MWO all max = 60 fps when game starts and going down when more mechs on screen it goes below 20fps i just cant aim at anything when fight starts :) when i put all on MINIMUM notching changes same fps 60 and go down to below 20 only diff is game look like {Scrap} ...

Fresh Windows 7 all drivers up to date heve no idea wtf is going on... MWO is only game with that kind of problem :)

Any one here with similar PC can post his settings and fps in game ?

i really need some help here...

#35 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThat flattop, up the well, overhead

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:37 PM

So: Crysis Conventional Wisdom is along the lines of "Shadows and Particles can't be higher then Medium, Shaders and Post Process not higher then High, and the other four could be all the way up … or not." Only, I've found Particles to be the root of all evil, and the quick and dirty fix is to set that Low; And setting anything to Very High One does not Simply into MW:O. There's mileage to be had by dropping the Environment slider down, too, but it's the least of the Particles-Environment-Ambient Occlusion Axis …

I forget the conversations around the addition of the Damage Glow button, but I'm guessing you want that off.

I don't think screen shake is a performance issue, but I'm shore someone will be along to tell you to turn it off, regardless …

Get to your nVidia Driver Control Panel, and turn the Ambient Occlusion OFF: As of v.331.40, it's not pure evil, but if it's not all the way off, you'll ether have some kind of performance hit (15~30,) or the mountains of Alpine will strobe at you, and you'll lose a few frames in other, more demanding maps.

Feel free to Force v-Sync On-Adaptive where you're here: I seems good contingency planing … This requires you to set v-Sync OFF in-game for the driver version to work right. Any other steps you use to address v-Sync issues will still apply (triple buffering in D3D, max pre-rendered limits 'cause of input lag, etc., etc., etc., drek, etc.)

Got a user.cfg? Good; Add to it:
  • r_UsePOM = 0
  • r_silhouettePOM = 0
  • r_FogShadows = 0
  • r_fogShadowsWater = 0
  • e_GsmCache = 1
I'd like to say "Those are the big'uns," but I haven't made time to prove that to myself as well as I'd like.

Got a copy of MSI Afterburner, or EVGA PrecessionX? Ether comes with the RivaTuner Statistics Server, and that has a really good frame rate limiter. Set it to 45, then see if the dips in fps are as bad: If so, drop it another 5 fps …

Edited by Goose, 10 November 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#36 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

I did what u write here... nothing help me i tried even play at 1280x720 its only a BIT better but still cant say iam happy with my fps beside i have fullHD monitor no need say game looks awfull if not played at native resolution...

For now there is really no joy for me playing this game anymore :D i will wait till they add DX 11 maybe then we see any improvements. Not sure why they so focused adding new mechs to game new caamo and all that "fancy" things . I really DONT NEED them at all if i cant play this game anyway, as far as i can see its not only me who got this problem. Funny is like 5 months ago i was able to play this game with almost MAX setting with my old GTX275 with 40+fps without any problem.

#37 ebea51

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:01 AM

Its not your rig mate because I have a similar specs - its just a poorly optimized engine. I can play with 30-35fps at 1920x1080 regardless of medium, high or very high settings... low I get 35-40fps.

It is just a poorly optimized engine.

Proof?
Drop ingame and have everyone walk out infront of you… check your fps – you will be getting around 30-35fps. Then TURN AROUND and face the complete opposite direction… 50-60FPS.
This will happen regardless if your in the middle of the map and your allies and enemies are obscured by terrain or NOT.

If you have mechs on screen, regardless if you have line of sight on them or not, FPS crashes.

Turn around so that all the mechs are behind you… you could have the entire map infront of you to render… still 50-60FPS.

Just a poorly optimized engine.
… prolly a heap of **** netcode having affect to.

#38 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostScarface1978, on 11 November 2013 - 06:41 AM, said:

I did what u write here... nothing help me …

Posted Image http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2902221

#39 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:43 PM

this game doesnt like AMD I guess
I had same fps on my old core 2 duo, better on my Q6600 upgrade (running an i5 now)

all I see is users and lancemates with fps problems and 6core AMD processors

I dont know

in Nvidia settings there is a point going for threaded optimization, maybe AMD graphics has something similar?
theres a tool here in this forum section that can unpark the cores in youre windows per registry entry, so they wont sit idly by (hopefully), but no promises of course

also how much better is youre fps in the training grounds, than in real life?

maybe u can try to affiliate not more than 4 cores with the task manager to MWO
also the link posted above might help with CPU cores utilization, thats something u should look for here in the help forums

messing around with the config files is not forbidden, and not all commands work anyway, even if they get written in the user.cfg

#40 Goose

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 3,463 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

I've always thought the "early i7" version of Teh Problem sounded an awful lot like the Piledriver issue, from when it first came out, but hadn't actually read up on what was the fix/ workaround for Piledriver …

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users