Hero Hunchbacks

11 replies to this topic

Poll: Twin Hero Hunchbacks? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Well?

1. Yes (10 votes [38.46%])

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. Hell Yes (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

3. Do it now, PGI! (13 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

The Hunchback needs twin Hero mechs.

They'd be desert themed.

The Dromedary would have one large hunch with four ballistic slots (when full, the four barrels would be arranged in a diamond pattern... +10 awesome points if they rotate when chain firing, and +100000 awesome points if machineguns put into that slot look like miniguns with barrels that spin, and ten KAJILLIONo awesome points if both of those are applied.

It'd also have 2-3 energy slots in the opposite arm.

The Bactrian would have two hunches - one in each side torso. Each one would have two ballistic slots, maybe with 1-2 energy slots as well (mounted a bit lower- say the same relative height as the Battlemaster's boobie blasters.

---

If need be, the Dromedary could have just one large "Hunch" - on the back! That'd bring it's specialness up to the level of the Bactrian). That + a weapon slot in the head should make for some interesting gameplay... you'd use the head weapon + the CT weapons as a kind of combination periscope and this*

Naturally all three slots would be pluripotent... so if I wanted I could have three AC/2s... or I could have 3 LRM5s... I can't imagine why, but I guess I could waste them on 3 mlas as well...

--

OR the one hunch protruding up over the CT could be made up of side torso sections, allowing for a similar periscope effect... making the Dromedary the sniper variant, with the Bactrian being the brawler variant, while keeping them both similar in terms of slot layout.

*This is where i'd put a video of the weapon i can only remember as the "camera gun" from GRAW... but I cannot find the name of it, and now am wondering if it was even in GRAW, or if it was GRAW 2, or what. I was hoping for a pic of a character holding it overhead, firing it over a rock, the way I remember....

----
Since I won't get the pure awesomeness that I suggested, how about a head mounted ballistic slot, so I can snipe with an AC/2 over hills?

Edited by Sephlock, 09 November 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#2 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

Posted Image

#3 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 27 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

No. I mean, why introduce this "one special snowflake" with special hardpoints? I think a hero Hunchy will be very tough for them to do, considering the Hunchbacks we already have are pretty unique from each other in every way. Hero mechs are distinct in that they have unique hardpoints... but 4 ballistics? 4 MG 2 LPL it is haha. Not necessarily creative, really.

#4 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

I like the idea of having hero hunch but I don't like those builds at (actually I hate them). I Don't want unique variants I want same as for everyone but different look why not make mech of Isoroku Kurita and call it like its owner called it Murakumi (Cloud-Gatherer). It would be step in right direction since if they continue to use unique variants then we will have more problems like misery.

Edited by Diego Angelus, 27 November 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#5 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Nooo... Hunchbacks.... Hunchbacks.... need moar....

#6 DONTOR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,806 posts
  • LocationStuck on a piece of Commando in my Ice Ferret

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:04 AM

I really admire your love of hunchbacks! I feel the same way about commandos.

#7 B E E L Z E B U B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 384 posts
  • LocationTopsy Turvy Town

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

ballistics are heavy (other than MG which does almost nothing). why would you need 4 hard points of ballistics on a medium mech?

you wont be able to do anything worth those hard points other than loading on MGs... would i pay for the ability to boat MGs? probably not, not me anyways.

#8 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:30 AM

Not just no, but ABSOLUTELY NOT!

When looking for a Hero mech we need something that's unique, but not overpowered or broken. Check what I put up HERE for stuff that would be valid for the hero mech.

What you're asking for is quite literally pay to win with Hunchbacks. Also, they've already stated how they'll be handling Omni-Technology, and universal hardpoints are not it.

If they wanted to implement twin Hunchback Heroes, that's not a terrible thought. HOWEVER, they would need to be unique, viable, and NOT make any other hunchbacks obsolete.

#9 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:25 AM

The difference if I'm reading correctly is that all the weapons are torso mounted. Therefore, there are basically 2 ballistic and 1 or 2 energy per torso, making it easy to shoot off the weapons and leave it zombied. The other one is easy to shoot off the torso, plus it pretty much is based on ac20 ppc combo, which isn't bad.

#10 Yiazmat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 531 posts
  • LocationCentral CA

Posted 31 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

give me a HBK-4P IIC. nom nom nom laser mounts in all torsos/arms/head nom nom nom nom

#11 LoneUnknown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 07:06 PM

Bleh, your video claims that this is the first gun that can shoot around corners.

But the germans had such a weapon called the Krummlauf back in WWII

And a big NO to your idea :rolleyes:

Edited by LoneUnknown, 31 December 2013 - 07:06 PM.

#12 sC4r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 475 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:57 PM

bactrian idea is really really bad
if such hunch should be released it should be for cbills

otherwise yea why not hunch hero

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users