Highlander Builds

4 replies to this topic

#1 SchwarzerPeter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 202 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:05 AM

After i leveled my Highlanders, i would like to share my builds with you. All combat proven :D

HGN-733C Std 300, Ac 20, 2 LL, 3 SRM4:

Hands down the best Highlander variant, with the ability to mount an AC20 or 2 AC5. The LL extend your range up to 800m and the 14 DHS offer enough cooling in a brawl. The AMS gives you and your team some protection against lrm boats.

HGN-733P, Std 325, 2 PPC, 2 LPL:

2 PPC for jump sniping and 2 LPL for backup. 20 DHS are a lot, but this baby still runs hot if you spam all the weapons. The LPL offer a great pin point accuracy, so have no fear against these nasty lights. Your left side is just a meatshield, so use it that way.

HGN-732, Std 300, Gauss, 3 MPL, 3 SRM6:

The Gauss has a great range, but suffers from that breath mechanic in close range against faster mechs. Hence the MPL and the SRM6's which makes this mech a dangerous brawler.

Notice i run only 1 JJ, which still can get you everywhere on the maps you want.

#2 zagibu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

I use almost the same 733C build as you, but with two SRM4 with Artemis. This way, I can land most if not all of the missiles on the bodypart I want to hit. It also allows me to lower left arm armor, and along with dropping AMS and lowering leg armor to 50 I can fit two additional JJ and an additional DHS.

#3 chrisMXER

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 02:36 PM

This is my build. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c91abf83bd6d811

#4 terrycloth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 769 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 01:04 PM

Most recently I've been using that 733C build, except with SRM2s and all the jumpjets. And less armor on the SRM arm because I don't care about it as much.

One jumpjet is just completely useless right now. 4 and you can sometimes jump up onto things, although it's still sluggish. I just figured, I like my Stalkers better, so the highlander has to do *something* they can't.

Edited by terrycloth, 02 October 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#5 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:13 PM

Thanks for sharing :) I run a 733C somewhat like yours though I traded out the SRMs for a ALRM15 and a couple SSRMs because it takes sooo looong to get around the battlefield.

View PostSchwarzerPeter, on 11 November 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

Notice i run only 1 JJ, which still can get you everywhere on the maps you want.

What are you going to do after the Oct 21st patch that substantially changes how JJs work?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users