139 replies to this topic

#101 ShadowWolf Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,030 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:20 PM

View Postdal10, on 17 November 2013 - 04:08 PM, said:

I got to go with the original banshee. only a 4/6 and virtually no weapons to speak of.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!

The Banshee was considered the worst mech for BTech tournaments. There's a reason it has a reputation as a white elephant and why the Flea and Locust were considered much better mechs.

The Charger was a close second.

Everything else on the list is irrelevant given the crown was taken long before they existed.

Edited by ShadowWolf Kell, 11 May 2014 - 01:21 PM.

#102 Captain Stiffy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 17 November 2013 - 04:21 AM, said:

Any of those modernized 100ton Mechs from TRO 3050 (As7-k, imp and the worst of all Marauder II)
all XL and SHS- all does overheat and the Mad 2 has ammunition in on torso CASE in the other - yes that are the worst mechs of bt - expensive {Scrap}

Marauder 2 was one of my favorite TT mech's back in the day but I'm pressed to remember why.

#103 Mussie076

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 59 posts
  • LocationMoranbah

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

I would pilot an urbanmech :D

#104 n r g

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 816 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:41 PM

View PostMarauderBronze, on 16 November 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I see a lot of posts discussing the worst mechs in MWO, and also many posts discussing what is the best mech in MWO/Battletech Lore that people would love to see brought to life.

I'm wondering, what is the absolute WORST mech ever conceived across any and all Battletech related media (books, tabletop, video games, ANYTHING) in your opinion?

Elemental

#105 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 15 May 2014 - 04:17 AM

View Post3N3RGY, on 13 May 2014 - 08:41 PM, said:

Elemental

But it is not a 'Mech and just a point of them can give hell to a BattleMech..

#106 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Interesting that nobody did mention the Dasher II - while all are mocking the poor charger -> the Dasher II hardly has more firepower - and cost much more with Clan Tech

#107 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 15 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Mechwarriors,

As far as the worst battlemech design there are a few standouts that many people really dislike. I personally would not pilot a Shadow Hawk SHD-2D. They are walking ammo explosions, the additional firepower of another medium laser and an SRM-2 is not worth five tons of armor to me.

Corporal Woolf signing off...

#108 Sam Hall

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

I think the Hoplite deserves mention for being a slow, unmaneuverable and hilariously underarmed medium that wastes 6 tons on completely superfluous heat sinks for the sake of being able to stay heat neutral after two thirds of its engine has been shot away and the rest of the mech is on fire.

#109 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 18 May 2014 - 07:54 PM

the militiamech comes to mind

#110 Toadkillerdog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:49 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 17 November 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

Hollander II

A 'Mech that can destroy itself by firing its own weapon. If it fires its Heavy Gauss, fails the piloting skill roll, falls on its back, it can pierce its own rear armour and crit the Gauss which explodes destroying the XL engine.

Those crazy Lyrans.

that actually sounds pretty godamn glorious......

#111 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:33 PM

There are quite a few awful mechs out there, but the Ostscout IIC is their undisputed god

#112 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:22 PM

View PostLoPanShui, on 18 November 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

Dude, Wasp. How has no one mentioned the Wasp?

"Hello I have no armor and also only two weapons and also if everything hits I do 9 damage and also not if I am standing in water because my MISSILE LAUNCHER IS IN THE LEG."

Seriously. Freaking useless except as a low BV distraction and target drone.

I lol'd at this and nodded in agreement. This must take the top spot..

View PostDeadmeat313, on 18 November 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

The Yeoman, because look at it.

Although this is even more derp, it could probably do a heap of damage in the right situation...

View PostToadkillerdog, on 18 May 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

that actually sounds pretty godamn glorious......

I always found the Hollander hilarious. I mean,... ...why!? I just imagine it firing its gun & just flying backwards into a wall, doing exactly as noted above - peircing the gauss, exploding and causing the XL blow up in a fireball! ;)

#113 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

Mesh Assault had a mech named Ragnarock which had lava cannons.
Won't find anything as bad and unfitting as that abomination.
As for lore friendly designs... it depends. Outside of cities, it's the Urbanmech.

Edited by Exilyth, 06 June 2014 - 08:21 AM.

#114 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

I think the worst battlemech (in terms of design) is the original 3025 TRO cataphract, the thing looks UGLY. Edit just look at it:
http://www.solaris7....ract%203025.jpg

Edited by Mech42Ace, 22 September 2014 - 07:22 AM.

#115 Seeker Kirov

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostJust wanna play, on 26 April 2014 - 10:43 AM, said:

What about the Mackie? Just because its the oldest and has lost all its advantages to technology, sure it was good for its time, not knocking it or anything, but its just now obselete by nature, right?...idk whats its bv is though

You shut your mouth.

HEGEMONY STRONG

Posted Image

Posted Image

#116 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:11 AM

centurion.

why? at max, three weapons. blow off the arm, it's a useless husk with two med lasers

#117 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

HSR-200-D Hussar, it would be better armored if they wrapped aluminum foil around it.

#118 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:50 PM

View PostDamien Tokala, on 22 September 2014 - 11:11 AM, said:

centurion.

why? at max, three weapons. blow off the arm, it's a useless husk with two med lasers

and missile launchers.....

#119 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

View PostGumbyC2C, on 30 November 2013 - 07:20 AM, said:

The BNC-3E Banshee is the bad but in the right spot it can be effective; just grab a tree and go Jose Canseco on anyone daring to get within the minimum range of your PPC and AC/5. The CGR-1A1 Charger is very scary when running straight at you. In my mind the two worst are two of the most popular. WHM-6R Warhammer and MAD-1R Marauder. Two PPCs plus support weapons and not nearly enough single heat sinks to use them effectively is a lame configuration.
to be fair this is before dhs if they had dhs what would you think of them and like you sayed the right spot

View Postiliashan, on 11 December 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Daboku in my opinion is the worst...and the funniest.

The result of a Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery think tank tasked with gleaning information from the Helm Memory Core, the Daboku was unveiled in 3038 to little fanfare. A near-instant failure with flaws in almost every major system, the 'Mech was nonetheless hurried to the front lines for the War of 3039 where it became both a laughing stock and a virtual death sentence for Kuritan pilots. Problems with the CASE system protecting the ammunition bins resulted in the auto-eject triggering when the torso armor was struck in a certain manner. DCMS MechWarriors found themselves rocketing above the battlefield, often at the most inopportune moments, and ultimately took to disabling the auto-eject. Other problems included lasers that were prone to overheat, over-taxing the already burdened heat sinks, and routine jamming of the autocannon ammunition feeds, the result of an improperly designed chest cavity.
Combined, these problems persuaded the DCMS to shelve the design after the conflict. It was revisited in the 3040's and thanks to a further understanding of Star League technology ultimately became the successful MAL-1R Mauler.
and to be fair here this mech was made for 1 pourpess to reverance the bt cartoons toy line

#120 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:07 PM

"Problems with the CASE system protecting the ammunition bins resulted in the auto-eject triggering when the torso armor was struck in a certain manner" :o

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users