Pelvis Split To Apply Damage To Left And Right Leg Instead Of Center Torso

14 replies to this topic

#1 Thejuggla

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:18 PM

What do you guys think of this change to hitboxes? Seems like this will make the bigger chassis that got this hitbox adjustment slightly more durable, do you think you'll run max leg armor now if you don't already?

#2 Yiazmat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 531 posts
  • LocationCentral CA

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

kinda annoying that i can't aim for the arse and/or balls on a twisting atlas now. I've killed many a mech while they were trying to twist out of fire.

#3 Hexenhammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:20 PM

I have no idea why PGi would change the crotch box.

View PostYiazmat, on 19 November 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

kinda annoying that i can't aim for the arse and/or balls on a twisting atlas now. I've killed many a mech while they were trying to twist out of fire.

#4 Amsro

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,435 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:02 AM

View PostHexenhammer, on 19 November 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

I have no idea why PGi would change the crotch box.

Umm because it NEVER should have been the CENTER TORSO, it should be the legs on ALL mechs.

When you can core an Atlas CT from behind hitting the pelvis it feels like cheating. :)

#5 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:50 AM

It is a better way to do it as having the pelvis be CT often negates the tactic of torso twisting.

The back of the pelvis should have been Rear CT as well. It is just beyond odd that the tailbone area counts as the front chest.

The only mech that I don't want them to do this to is the Quickdraw, which has such large legs that it often loses them as much as light mechs get legged.

#6 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 20 November 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostYiazmat, on 19 November 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

You can still get CT hits you just gotta hit the banana hammock!

#7 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 21 November 2013 - 08:31 AM

IMHO the change wasn't extensive enough. The should have divided the entire pelvis into left/right leg regions. Damage to the CT via the pelvis makes no sense since it's not even close to the engine and other things that the CT holds, while it does hold the hip joints, actuators and differentials, so...

#8 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostMarmon Rzohr, on 21 November 2013 - 08:31 AM, said:

IMHO the change wasn't extensive enough. The should have divided the entire pelvis into left/right leg regions. Damage to the CT via the pelvis makes no sense since it's not even close to the engine and other things that the CT holds, while it does hold the hip joints, actuators and differentials, so...

The pelvis has the important job of.....holding up the whole upper half of the Mech. The split makes no physical sense as any serious damage inut there is going to severely degrade the ability for the Mechs hips to hold it up. So yea, i think it should count as CT, maybe make it a little smaller though, if you really feel the need to mess with it.

#9 Hans Von Lohman

• Knight Errant
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:42 AM

View PostMadw0lf, on 21 November 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

The pelvis has the important job of.....holding up the whole upper half of the Mech. The split makes no physical sense as any serious damage into there is going to severely degrade the ability for the Mechs hips to hold it up. So yea, i think it should count as CT, maybe make it a little smaller though, if you really feel the need to mess with it.

Hips?

Uh, hip actuators are in the legs, not the CT.

Now, I grant you they don't do jack in this game, but perhaps someday we will get additional critical hits like losing actuators and such, but until then they just lore window dressing.

Edited by Hans Von Lohman, 21 November 2013 - 11:45 AM.

#10 Madw0lf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 367 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 21 November 2013 - 11:42 AM, said:

Hips?

Uh, hip actuators are in the legs, not the CT.

Now, I grant you they don't do jack in this game, but perhaps someday we will get additional critical hits like losing actuators and such, but until then they just lore window dressing.

Hips == Pelvis in that statement..... here

View PostMadw0lf, on 21 November 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

The pelvis has the important job of.....holding up the whole upper half of the Mech. The split makes no physical sense as any serious damage inut there is going to severely degrade the ability for the Mechs Pelvis to hold it up. So yea, i think it should count as CT, maybe make it a little smaller though, if you really feel the need to mess with it.

#11 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 21 November 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah I think that the pelvis for all mechs should be split into left and right legs only. Too many times have I had my CT cored from behind while piloting jenners, even though my legs and rear armour we're pretty much full.

#12 tayhimself

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 334 posts
  • LocationAn island

Posted 21 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostHans Von Lohman, on 20 November 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

The only mech that I don't want them to do this to is the Quickdraw, which has such large legs that it often loses them as much as light mechs get legged.

You're absolutely right, the Quickdraw will be a big problem if they change it to make the pelvis part of the legs. They could invisibly adjust the QKD hitboxes so that the legs are thinner and catch less fire to compensate. I get legged in a quarter of my games in the brawler QKD-4H (140 games).

#13 Vaan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

Was it fixed? I tried on training ground and shoot at Atlas Pelvis but damage still goes to CT.. not even once it actually go to L/R leg..

#14 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:54 AM

Remember when hitboxes weren't so friggin illogical in other Mech Warrior games where twisting actually worked (minus the leg equals your done stuff)? I do.

#15 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

View PostVaan, on 22 November 2013 - 06:39 AM, said:

Was it fixed? I tried on training ground and shoot at Atlas Pelvis but damage still goes to CT.. not even once it actually go to L/R leg..

Do not use the Training Grounds. They do no take modules and equipment into account and are not updated for many things... like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users