72 replies to this topic

#21 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostGruinhardt, on 27 November 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

I was able to play a couple matches last night. I had to temporary disable my firewall and active scan through my anti-virus software. I am running McAfee total protection software. I do not know if this is the problem, but I can play MWO with it disabled.

The last couple days disabling the firewall has not helped. I am able to play a few matches, but still get a lot of blackscreen. I am losing interest in playing. I don't want to be the guy that lets a team down by disconnecting.

#22 Slaphammer

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 05:13 PM

I never had this problem until the last week or so. After the last patch I couldn't run the game at all until I ran the repair tool. Now I keep getting booted back to the lab shortly after it starts to load. One time, I got all the way to where I could see my mech cabin but then it froze and kicked me back to the lab.

#23 Level1Firebolt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostSlaphammer, on 07 December 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

I never had this problem until the last week or so. After the last patch I couldn't run the game at all until I ran the repair tool. Now I keep getting booted back to the lab shortly after it starts to load. One time, I got all the way to where I could see my mech cabin but then it froze and kicked me back to the lab.

Same thing happening to me. Only started since the patch 12/3. Keep on getting booted out either of the game or getting the black screen after the client finds a match and returning to the home screen.

Well done, PGI.

#24 Hammer of Ragnarok

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 08:10 AM

Same thing happening to me here! Getting really frustrating since I'm on my premium time from my Phoenix Pack!

#25 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'm getting the same thing. About half of the time I launch a match it works fine, the rest of the time I get through the loading screen, then screen goes black and I drop from the match (and the client closes). I'm on a "normal" wired connection so this isn't only an issue for wireless/cell networks.

Edit: Sometimes I can actually get into a match and play for a few minutes (with no noticeable lag) then I simply drop. This never happened before the last patch, so either PGI changed something or my ISP did.

Edited by AEgg, 08 December 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#26 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:15 AM

I am experiencing the same thing. Frequent disconnects that happen either during the blank screen between the mechlab and match start, or shortly after the match begins. Sometimes I am able to run around in the game, clearly disconnected but not yet kicked out to the mechlab.

As others have said, I have run the repair tool and the issue remains. I have sent to support my dxdiag and omicron log file to support. Pre the 12/3 patch I did not experience the issue, however I can't directly associate the issue to the patch.

My ISP is Time Warner Cable 10 down 2 up.

#27 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:19 PM

Maybe due to the storms the past couple days. Call your ISP on the phone and explain the problem, tell them you have the conncetion for gaming, maybe they can change your route.

#28 Richgar

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHouse Marik

Posted 10 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

I'm also having this problem. It's really frustrating when I edit my mech in the mechlab and I'm eager to play, but every other game i get sent back to the garage after waiting on the black screen, and then the only mech I own and customize is stuck in game for roughly 7 minutes... It seems to have about a 40% chance of happening... That's about 21 minutes for every hour that I can't play with my mech. It's ridiculous... and frustrating.. and .. just.. ugh. :rolleyes: :lol:

View PostRichAC, on 08 December 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Maybe due to the storms the past couple days. Call your ISP on the phone and explain the problem, tell them you have the conncetion for gaming, maybe they can change your route.

It's not the player's connection. Everything works fine except this game. I also have the problem where sometimes if I try to exit the game by clicking "Quit".. it hangs on a black screen. It works if I simply close out the window. I have a burning hatred for black screens now..

Edited by Richgar, 10 December 2013 - 10:19 PM.

#29 Level1Firebolt

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 06:15 AM

Just for some closure on this- my game has been fine since yesterday. Absolutely no problems with regards to being dropped at random times. My take is PGI fixed something on their backend since then.

I don't think it was an ISP problem, as some of my euro buddies were having the same hitch as well.

#30 Richgar

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 17 posts
  • LocationHouse Marik

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:29 PM

Nothing has changed for me. Still having the same problems.

Edited by Richgar, 11 December 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#31 Mr Trout

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Same issue for me the last 2 days.

#32 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:58 AM

View PostTHATONE, on 11 December 2013 - 06:15 AM, said:

Just for some closure on this- my game has been fine since yesterday.  Absolutely no problems with regards to being dropped at random times.  My take is PGI fixed something on their backend since then.  

I don't think it was an ISP problem, as some of my euro buddies were having the same hitch as well.

YOUR ISP PROBABLY DID.  OR OTHER THINGS OUT OF PGI's CONTROL... ;)

Edited by RichAC, 12 December 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#33 Alekzander Smirnoff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 427 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:50 AM

I've been having less issues myself, but occasionally I still can't get into a match and now am being dropped mid match. I've attributed my issues to a faulty piece of hardware between myself and PGI on the route there. This single node has a high packet loss and I believe is the root of my problems.

You can test your route to MWO by grabbing a freeware program called PingPlotter:

Posted Image

in the address to trace box plunk in mwomercs.com. Change the # of times to trace to at least 60-120, trace delay to 30 seconds, and samples to include to the same number as times to trace so you can see the full picture. I've run a 24 hour study myself (2880 samples @ 30 second interval) and determined my issues come from a congested/faulty hop in my route.

#34 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostAlekzander Smirnoff, on 13 December 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

I've been having less issues myself, but occasionally I still can't get into a match and now am being dropped mid match. I've attributed my issues to a faulty piece of hardware between myself and PGI on the route there. This single node has a high packet loss and I believe is the root of my problems.

You can test your route to MWO by grabbing a freeware program called PingPlotter:

Posted Image

in the address to trace box plunk in mwomercs.com. Change the # of times to trace to at least 60-120, trace delay to 30 seconds, and samples to include to the same number as times to trace so you can see the full picture. I've run a 24 hour study myself (2880 samples @ 30 second interval) and determined my issues come from a congested/faulty hop in my route.

get your ISP on the phone, they should change route or fix the problem.

Edited by RichAC, 13 December 2013 - 11:05 PM.

#35 TechnooK

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Im glad I didn't pay any money for MC cos now I have been getting this issue since November patch. I hope MWO can rectify this issue asap. Very frustrating :(. They definitely did something that causes this. Im sure our ISP runs fine. Glad I found this post. Hope someone from MWO can shed some lights, otherwise pls revert to the old system where everyone can play.

#36 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:04 AM

One of you mentioned storms. I was wondering if it was some earthquake or something. Others apparently have this issue too (me included, though not that frequent). It seems the toronto/chicago route has a problem

#37 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostTechnooK, on 19 December 2013 - 08:58 PM, said:

Im glad I didn't pay any money for MC cos now I have been getting this issue since November patch. I hope MWO can rectify this issue asap. Very frustrating ;). They definitely did something that causes this. Im sure our ISP runs fine. Glad I found this post. Hope someone from MWO can shed some lights, otherwise pls revert to the old system where everyone can play.
use the traceroute method a previous user posted. Then call your ISP and demand better connection. IF they listen, they will track down the problem for you :P

#38 Bentellius

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

I've noticed that i consistently black-screen after 12am my time (which is central time). Could verizon be shutting down services late at night?

http://forums.verizo...ine/td-p/662549

Edited by Bentellius, 26 December 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#39 FumingGorilla

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:58 AM

I am also having this problem and it seems totally random.New install of the game,ran repair tool and all the lastest drivers ect. It is even a new windows install.

#40 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 07:15 AM

View PostBentellius, on 26 December 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

I've noticed that i consistently black-screen after 12am my time (which is central time). Could verizon be shutting down services late at night?

http://forums.verizo...ine/td-p/662549

do you have verizon fios?

I was at 25 ping all week, even though someone in my lance was crashing or losing connectiong like every couple games. But now I'm back to 100-135 ping!!! totally frustrating and mind boggling. I have called verizon many times, written emails to the admin of the hop along my route that starts to go bad. I don't know what else to do except harass verizon some more?

I go to speedtest.net and test between 20-50 ping to any montreal or toronto server. So It seems to be an issue just routing to the game server for some mysterious reason. I can't imagine there being too many MWO players, imo there is not enough. Verizon tells me either PGI isn't allocated enough bandwidth, or that circuit that connects me to internap needs to be upgraded. But its out of their hands.

I'm assuming its a load issue, it is saturday, and maybe everybody went back to school after the holidays all week so my ping went back to normal, and now the route to the game is overloaded again I guess? The thing is there is no way to determine whose fault it is, is it verizons reponsiblity, is it PGI's ISP?

This was a problem back in January though, and many verizon users and europeans were posting back then too, I don't see any of those verizon guys online, I tried to friend them all in hopes to contact them so we can all pressure verizon together, but I don't think they even play the game anymore... When your used to amazing ping you get spoiled. and 100 ping is just too garbage to settle for I guess.

Edited by RichAC, 11 January 2014 - 07:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users