Problems Connecting To Matches...

72 replies to this topic

#41 FumingGorilla

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 January 2014 - 06:52 AM

This is ridiculous already works one time and not the next. Didn't shut down the game or change a dang thing. Then it keeps the mech for 20 minutes. Started a couple of patches ago. Had it working fine since the beginning. Fix whatever it is you broke devs!

#42 PerseusLite

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

Same here. Had it since early december. Some feedback from devs on progress made (or lack of it) would be appreciated.

#43 Koraeth Salanderz

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 10:52 AM

I've had the same issue here as well. I've tried a lot different solutions.

-Shutting down the firewall / application control of zonealarm
-reinstall
-running repair tool
-all drivers being updated for windows

I'll try running pinplotter but I'm at a loss. I've been a founder since day one and only since 12/3 has this been an issue. Hope it gets resolved as with Ui 2.0 and the latest patch I'm enjoying the game balance more.

#44 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:41 PM

I've had the OP's problem since early December (12/3 sounds about right). I can get into testing grounds on this computer just fine, but after the loading screen for any other kind of match the screen goes black, and the folks I'm playing with say I don't connect to the match.

Thing is, I built a new rig, new clean-install of Windows 7, and then another of Windows 8. I've been through three versions of drivers for my video card, and added exceptions to my firewall. I've done a clean install of mwo as well. I'm pretty sure it's not my setup--and the connection hasn't changed at all since well before the problem started occuring.

Help me Niko Snow, you're my only hope!

#45 PerseusLite

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 23 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

It seems that using vpn gets round this problem for me, as temporary fix. Lots of rubberbanding and more freezing, but at a least I can get into a match.

#46 CCD3301

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 02:54 AM

Same problem here... thing is I just started playing MWO on 5-Feb'14 and the very next day I got this BSOD - Black Screen Of Death problem.

It's a shame, been a fan of Mechwarrior since the beginning. Time to move on, it's really frustrating dealing with this kinda shit.

#47 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:04 AM

View PostCCD3301, on 08 February 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Same problem here... thing is I just started playing MWO on 5-Feb'14 and the very next day I got this BSOD - Black Screen Of Death problem.

It's a shame, been a fan of Mechwarrior since the beginning. Time to move on, it's really frustrating dealing with this kinda shit.

you mean your whole computer locks up? alt tab? ctrl alt del doesn't do anything? alt f4? Tried to shut off your firewall or a/v or some other program? Have you tried playing after clean booting windows first? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Tried running the repair tool?

Usually this is just a connection issue and the game crashes, not the whole pc. Does the pc actually shut off? Have you tried a different vid card?

Its happened to me before I just hit ctrl alt del.

Edited by RichAC, 08 February 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#48 CCD3301

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostRichAC, on 08 February 2014 - 04:04 AM, said:

you mean your whole computer locks up? alt tab? ctrl alt del doesn't do anything? alt f4? Tried to shut off your firewall or a/v or some other program? Have you tried playing after clean booting windows first? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Tried running the repair tool?

Usually this is just a connection issue and the game crashes, not the whole pc. Does the pc actually shut off? Have you tried a different vid card?

Its happened to me before I just hit ctrl alt del.

Ctrl Alt Del works and so does Alt F4... PC works fine after that. Just cannot get into a match.
I just called it BSOD... cause that's what it felt like... staring at a blank screen

No firewall (except NAT) or AV running in the background

#49 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

View PostCCD3301, on 08 February 2014 - 07:29 AM, said:

Ctrl Alt Del works and so does Alt F4... PC works fine after that. Just cannot get into a match.
I just called it BSOD... cause that's what it felt like... staring at a blank screen

No firewall (except NAT) or AV running in the background

ah ok I see....ya mostly likely a connection issue...

#50 Nihility

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:01 AM

My screen goes black as well after the new patch, it shows the map loading but then it just goes black after that, tried the repair tool, tried clean install, tried everything that i could find on this issue and it is still not working.............

#51 CCD3301

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

Found a weird problem after further test.

Between about 1am to 8am (GMT+8) I don't have a problem connecting to matches... but after that 100% of the time I get the black screen.

So no idea if it's the MWO server issue or my ISP.

#52 Greeed7

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

will somebody do smth about that?( i mean that bloody fish company) - get this problem after last patch -its really dont get me connect to the matches - i see map - and then black screen - repair tool not helping

#53 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostCCD3301, on 09 February 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Found a weird problem after further test.

Between about 1am to 8am (GMT+8) I don't have a problem connecting to matches... but after that 100% of the time I get the black screen.

So no idea if it's the MWO server issue or my ISP.

There are times i have issues too. I think it has to do with both. It could be load, could be cyber warfare who knows.

Its sad that even people in the industry still think things are only in science fiction movies. Even after snowden, target, stuxnet......colleges demonstrating viruses spread acoustically from speakers to mics, or virused wirless bios's affecting all devices in households. 10 years ago I would agree these things were impossible, but now they are more common then we think. Who knows how many routers are compromised, not by gov'ts, but everyone else.

The head of IAD for the NSA says 1 million viruses are made every month and don't even stay in the wild long, the NSA is not even allowed to use their cellphones and they want to manufacture their own. Because the truth is, we are all hacked by somebody. Just look how some reporters are demonstrating how easy it is for Russia to hack their phones as soon as they connect in a cafe or type the word olympics. What the US go'vt is telling ppeople to look out for though is not Russia, but all the hackers out there that will be preying on them with special devices, that Kapersky can't even detect.

But let me stop ranting and just say its probably an ISP problem and load issue, probably everyones.

Edited by RichAC, 11 February 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#54 TechnooK

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

I have since moved on to World of Tanks. Their games are so much more reliable, and min bugs. Hope Mech Warrior will improve on that. Gameplay & everything is so much better compare to MWO. No use coming out with new mechs or the new clan invasion thingy when there's no pilot driving it. Solved the bloody black screen issue & we might just come back playing it. At this rate, there will be more quitters than new comers.

#55 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostTechnooK, on 16 February 2014 - 05:54 PM, said:

I have since moved on to World of Tanks. Their games are so much more reliable, and min bugs. Hope Mech Warrior will improve on that. Gameplay & everything is so much better compare to MWO. No use coming out with new mechs or the new clan invasion thingy when there's no pilot driving it. Solved the bloody black screen issue & we might just come back playing it. At this rate, there will be more quitters than new comers.

I had an issue recenlty and my game got corrupted, hung on a black screen before even getting to mechlab, right after the first logo splash screen. The repair tool fixed it for me. Its pretty intense so disable virus scan, and don't run any other programs till it finishes.

Also for the hell of it, you might want to download the guru3d driver sweeper. boot into safe mode run it, then boot back into normal mode and roll back to an previous video driver.

Reset your router, disable upnp in windows and the router. dsiable netbios over tcp, disable ipv6, manually set your ip and dns servers in windows, use different public dns servers...... I can't think of anything else right now.

Let me tell you, Windows patch tuesday, which fell on international internet safety day, rocked my whole world. Make sure windows is set to automatically install updates... :) The point is Alot of issues are not because of the devs dude, and can simply be the work of haters..

Edited by RichAC, 18 February 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#56 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:59 AM

Had the same as it comes and goes. I am leaning to it has nothing to do with PGI but the net itself. Last week was the largest DDOS attack in history and its getting worse out there.

http://www.digitalat...=16119&view=map

#57 Ialti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMontana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Solution given to me by Reppu: Use a VPN client while playing.

It works, and my ping stays within the csr limits, so the game's playable again. Hope this solution makes it out to all of you!

http://cyberghostvpn.com/
This site does a free VPN client. It's super user-friendly as well.

Cheers!

#58 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 18 February 2014 - 06:59 AM, said:

Had the same as it comes and goes. I am leaning to it has nothing to do with PGI but the net itself. Last week was the largest DDOS attack in history and its getting worse out there.

http://www.digitalat...=16119&view=map

Interesting, do you read BK's blog? He had a recent story about the normal size of ddos attacks nowadays. He is the guy that broke the target story before even the secret service knew about it....A real Hero educating the public, unlike snowden... http://krebsonsecuri...s-ddos-attacks/

its just mindblowing the size of these ddos attacks, and how these guys just offer their services in public and get away with it.

Edited by RichAC, 19 February 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#59 comegets0me

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2014 - 06:36 AM

Well i got kicked from match to mech bay and wont even let me play once after 27 feb .. not even new patch fixed it .. and i have been with a game-master since and he wont even help me in this matter all they are saying del this and that reinstall it replace this file and that .. i have done it and even dont get any result from it. In this frustration i have reinstall my windows still i cannot manage to play a single game....
if anyone know how to solve this matter please let me know

#60 Shamous13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationKitchener, Ont.

Posted 12 March 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostRichAC, on 19 February 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Interesting, do you read BK's blog? He had a recent story about the normal size of ddos attacks nowadays. He is the guy that broke the target story before even the secret service knew about it....A real Hero educating the public, unlike snowden... http://krebsonsecuri...s-ddos-attacks/

its just mindblowing the size of these ddos attacks, and how these guys just offer their services in public and get away with it.

I'm surprised that nobody has had any wet work done to solve the problem

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users