Would You Like Cb Earnings Buff?

43 replies to this topic

#1 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

With a hero mech it takes about 10 hours to grind 13.000.000 (which is the price of some assaults)

I think for a good player DHS and Ferro-fibrous+Endo is mandatory . Thats anothers 1.5-3 millions for every mech .

Without any $ it will take new player from 10-30 hours to buy and optimize a single mech (since most of them come with wrong engine)

I wasted about 50.000.000 CB buying assaults with engines that i own .

I wasted about 30.000.000 CB switching between upgrades . We should be able to switch between upgrades once we unlock them on individual mechs .

I wasted about 20.000.000 CB selling and buying same weapons because PGu makes radical nerfs .

SRM 15>9>12 . Like sereously . Sold about 10 gauss rifles *

I can feel the frastration from new players . Theres enough ***** to learn in this game as it is .

CB earnings need to go up about 15% and i think that king of positive attitude will encourage the growth of this game .

Honestly i feel like i been treated like {Scrap} despite spending $130 on this game . I am very close to quiting this game if PGI dosen't thraw people a bone for supporting them .

Edited by MadCat02, 23 November 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#2 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

The C-Bills come as you play, play matches get C-Bills.

If you don't have enough C-Bills don't collect 20 mechs, master 3 first then collect C-Bills.

Be happy Repair and Re-arm isn't still here to leech you of your winnings.

#3 MadCat02

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 668 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

View PostAmsro, on 22 November 2013 - 04:57 PM, said:

The C-Bills come as you play, play matches get C-Bills.

If you don't have enough C-Bills don't collect 20 mechs, master 3 first then collect C-Bills.

Be happy Repair and Re-arm isn't still here to leech you of your winnings.

Thats nice that you defending PGU .

However its complete BS that a new player has to spend 20 hours to buy and optimize a single mech .

All my friends left this game because theres so much {Scrap} from Triel mechs, SHS and Low CB earnings

Hell i wait 20 minutes to find matches sometimes . You gona be playing by yourself soon .

Edited by MadCat02, 22 November 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#4 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Would I like free money? Yes. Am I going to get it? No. The C-Bill nerf has been really painful, but I don't see them re-evaluating that choice any time soon.

#5 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:29 PM

I wouldn't like a buff. I'd like an un-nerf.

#6 xMEPHISTOx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Sure, I would like a 'buff' to earnings who wouldn't. I would also like CW's, UI2.0, and DX11...so yeah, a question w/obvious answers is obvious.

#7 Murphy7

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationAttleboro, MA

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Sure. Or actually salvaged bits from the fallen. I'm not fussed, if it doens't happen.

#8 Duncan Aravain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 416 posts
  • LocationBehind you with a sharp tool...er,mech

Posted 22 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

PGI plans to increase C-bill rewards....as soon as Terra Therma freezes over.

#9 Finn McShae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 475 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

The cbill grind seems pretty similar to the time it would take to get to a mid/high tier (which an optimized Assault would be) vehicle in MWO's competition (things like WoT or War Thunder) in all reality.

Though in those you get to go through a succession of crappy vehicles to maybe get to the one you want, in MWO you can at least go straight to the one you want.

That said, yeah, I'd take a buff, but I'm guessing I won't see one.

#10 Turist0AT

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

oh god, you reminded me how much i wasted on stupid purchases. Bought and sold Atlas-RS (facepalm).
Yeeeaah, i do not envy new players.

#11 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:27 PM

I'm glad someone finally got the nerve to post about this

#12 Viges

• Knight Errant
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:08 PM

New players have cadet bonus.

#13 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:09 PM

View PostViges, on 22 November 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

New players have cadet bonus.

And tend to waste it on an uninformed purchase, thinking they'll get 400'000 cbills a match

#14 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostTroutmonkey, on 22 November 2013 - 07:09 PM, said:

And tend to waste it on an uninformed purchase, thinking they'll get 400'000 cbills a match

That's not an earnings issue, that's a new player information issue. With THAT, I'll agree. The information passed on to new players is horrible.

#15 Hexenhammer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,729 posts
  • LocationKAETETôã

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

I see what you did there. A passive aggressive I hate the c-bill nerf post.

edited for grammar

Edited by Hexenhammer, 23 November 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#16 Troutmonkey

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostSandpit, on 22 November 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

That's not an earnings issue, that's a new player information issue. With THAT, I'll agree. The information passed on to new players is horrible.

I've considered making a video tutorial covering the basics, but with my upload speed it take about an hour per minute of video to upload it to YouTube

#17 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:14 PM

I think the more "accessible" a game is the better it does. League of Legends, at least in comparison to HoN or Dota2, is easier to get into. World of Tanks is likewise easy to get into up to a certain tier. World of Warcraft, aside from the subscription model, does everything it can to make the game as rewarding as possible much to the chagrin of the old veteran players.

Sure new players have the cadet bonus. But how long will they stick around past that? We have to purchase three mechs to get most out of them. And upgrade them if we don't want to feel handicapped while we try to master them. Right now. A large part of the fun for me is trying out new mechs and builds. Perhaps it'll be more interesting when CW comes out. But I think that they'd make more money from people buying mech bays and hero mechs then forcing them into a long grind.

I am of course speaking from a casual perspective. Which is what the meat of most successful online games are. Yes. The hardcore crowd put up more money and are more loyal. But that can only expand the game so far. Casual players can expand it further. I think the current C-bill meta is only going to turn away anyone that doesn't really really enjoy the game as it is.

#18 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

View PostHexenhammer, on 22 November 2013 - 07:40 PM, said:

I see what you did that. A passive aggressive I hate the c-bill nerf post.

There was nothing passive about it. It was full-on sarcasm. I have nothing against the opinion. I am merely pointing out that this could have been posted in one of the other numerous threads already in existence on this exact same subject

#19 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostMadCat02, on 22 November 2013 - 04:58 PM, said:

Thats nice that you defending PGU .

However its complete BS that a new player has to spend 20 hours to buy and optimize a single mech .

All my friends left this game because theres so much {Scrap} from Triel mechs, SHS and Low CB earnings

Hell i wait 20 minutes to find matches sometimes . You gona be playing by yourself soon .

View PostSandpit, on 22 November 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

I'm glad someone finally got the nerve to post about this

You, my friend, have not been paying attention. :P

As far as "defending PGI," I love the propaganda war the Complainers like to wage against anyone who points out that their complaints may not be justified. I see a lot of poisoning the well and shouting down going on in the Complainer camp, even to the point of thinking up names to call people who stand up to them ("White Knights," "Defenders," etc.) I also see a lot of assertions being passed off as reasons - "It's BS that a new player has to spend 20 hours to buy and optimize a single 'Mech," for example. This may be true (or false,) but it's not a reason - it's just an ex cathedra pronouncement of how you view the world to be.Reasoning is more along the lines of Finn MacShae's observation that the grind seems similar to competing games, and that you can go right to the 'mech you want to play, or Tezcatli's points about accessibility.

If we want c-bill earnings increased so that they feel a little less Sisyphean, the best way to do that is to present arguments to the effect that it's not a good experience and is tending to drive us away from the game, and why. Angry rants about how PGI is (insert condescending pejorative here) and mean, and it's so morally wrong of them not to give us more c-bills are not likely to be effective.

P.S: Don't sell off your guns! Always keep a reasonable number of weapons around, even if you don't use them, and never sell off expensive gear - you'll invariably regret it later on.

#20 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:47 PM

I dunno about a cb earnings buff. But how bout a premium buff? +50% cbills just isnt worth buying premium for.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users