Taking Matters Into Your Own Hands: How To Get The Devs To Fix Imbalances

155 replies to this topic

#121 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostNgamok, on 26 November 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

Challenge PGI to 12 mans then. Show them how to get rolled. What happened to collision again? Oh, that's right, the goons kept knocking over Paul to demonstrate it. Only way to show them is to do it directly.

Funny story, PGI ran a twelve mans a few months ago. They got like 3 kills total in 5 games.

#122 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 November 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

Funny story, PGI ran a twelve mans a few months ago. They got like 3 kills total in 5 games.

No offense but do you also believe that all Lamborghini assembly people are expert drivers? :P

In all seriousness... While I appreciate the humorous hypocrisy in your commentary... It's a little disingenuous to expect them to exhibit the same proficiencies as a well-practiced 12 man IMHO...

#123 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

View PostDaZur, on 26 November 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

No offense but do you also believe that all Lamborghini assembly people are expert drivers? :P

In all seriousness... While I appreciate the humorous hypocrisy in your commentary... It's a little disingenuous to expect them to exhibit the same proficiencies as a well-practiced 12 man IMHO...

He said to challenge them to 12s. I am just pointing out that they played 12s and how it went. Not sure how you could say it is hypocratic.

I also made no reference to PGI skill level, you inferred that and commented.

Edit: Also, making excuses as to why something would happen, does not change that it did happen. They did in fact get rofl-stomped by every team that played them. And they were as we say at SwK "put to bed".

Edited by 3rdworld, 26 November 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#124 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:54 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 November 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

He said to challenge them to 12s. I am just pointing out that they played 12s and how it went. Not sure how you could say it is hypocratic.

I also made no reference to PGI skill level, you inferred that and commented.

Edit: Also, making excuses as to why something would happen, does not change that it did happen. They did in fact get rofl-stomped by every team that played them. And they were as we say at SwK "put to bed".

Calm down Frances... The humorous hypocrisy was directed at the fact that PGI representatives showed so poorly at face value...

That said, if someone posted that PGI are a bunch of knuckle dragging buffoons for their less than explemplary showing would you have been as defensive in your post and admonished them for forming a contrary conclusion?

You and I both know the answer to that question...

Edited by DaZur, 26 November 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#125 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostDaZur, on 26 November 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

Calm down Frances... The humorous Hypocrisy was directed at the fact that PGI representatives showed so poorly.

That said, if someone posted that PGI are a bunch of knuckle dragging buffoons for their less than explemplary showing would you have been as defensive in your post and admonished them for forming a contrary conclusion?

You and both know the answer to that question...

Saying someone is stupid because they aren't good at a game is stupid. Saying they are bad at a game because they are bad at a game....

#126 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 November 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

DaZur has the right of it. I make Prototype Engine parts for a living... I am not a Mechanic nor an Engineer. So just cause PGI can make a game, doesn't mean they are masterful strategists with lightning reflexes and eagle eyes.

#127 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 November 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

DaZur has the right of it. I make Prototype Engine parts for a living... I am not a Mechanic nor an Engineer. So just cause PGI can make a game, doesn't mean they are masterful strategists with lightning reflexes and eagle eyes.

And yet I never said they should have owned everyone they played. I made absolutely zero comment on how they should have done, or if the results were anything but as expected.

You both inferred that on my statements.

#128 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 November 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

And yet I never said they should have owned everyone they played. I made absolutely zero comment on how they should have done, or if the results were anything but as expected.

And I will freely admit that I did so... And if you intended no malice, I apologize profusely...

That said, you cannot tell me depending upon ones disposition toward PGI and knowing contextually how they are viewed by a percentage of the playerbase, not see how your commentary could be seen either as a slight toward PGI or as some innocent commentary...

#129 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:16 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 November 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

If we inferred it, it is only cause we read your Posts with the wrong "Voice". An easy mistake to make when you do not 'hear' how the writer was saying it in his head. :P

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 26 November 2013 - 12:16 PM.

#130 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 26 November 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

If we inferred it, it is only cause we read your Posts with the wrong "Voice". An easy mistake to make when you do not 'hear' how the writer was saying it in his head. :P

https://www.hookedonphonics.com/
;)
(because I know you'll take it in good humor)

On a side note:

Anyone remember those commercials? The phone number was 1-80--abcdefg I always wondered how people who really needed the product were going to order it.....

OT
Seriously guys, the heart of the thread is merely saying give PGI the data they need. That's really what's being suggested

#131 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:49 PM

View PostDaZur, on 26 November 2013 - 11:38 AM, said:

No offense but do you also believe that all Lamborghini assembly people are expert drivers? :blink:

I wouldn't classify PGI's job as that equivalent to that of an assembly worker. The developer job is more like that of the car designer and engineers. The assembly is done by tools. (But designers and engineers aren't expert drivers either)
But since they are more like designers and developers, they would notice if in your race with Lamborghinis if the car is prone to break out, suffer engine failures, needs so much fuel it doesn't even run a lap, or that the doors don't fit.

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 26 November 2013 - 11:50 PM.

#132 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

sadly this is why i haven't logged in since "launch"

it's completely beyond me why they cant even do simple balance hotfixes...or even their lazy every other week patch schedule

maybe they are still trying to figure out how to get their hit-detection to actually work

honestly im surprised a lot of the higher-ups just weren't fired when everyone realized what a cluster-F*$@ this game's development schedule became

#133 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 25 November 2013 - 09:33 AM, said:

Or perhaps you could be a tad more patient as the Dev have been providing regular (bi-weekly as of 12 months) Patches and updates for 2 years now.

Just because your personal timeline is not being met doesn't mean squat.

And if everyone did just that, all over the world, who would have time for anything but Peace... :blink:

bwahahahah....yeah...stellar speed

*mutters something about deadlines then goes back to playing warthunder*

#134 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 26 November 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

PGI is not meta-compliant to its own game.

#135 xMEPHISTOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

You all need to get over and off the 'balancing act bandwagon' and focus your forum flaring on Community Warfare implementation.
This game is getting stale/boring and less fun to play with every day that passes and it is not due to balancing issues, far from it. It is the lack of purpose, drive to play. We all need CW's (or at the very least proper lobbies for 12 mans) before there is no one left playing.
Even I after over a year and a half am starting to lose the will to log on and drop what w/the constant ELO assassination attempts I deal with and the shrinking population (of the competitive folks at least).
More balancing will not rekindle interest in the bored and disenfranchised players, however....CW's will.

#136 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

View PostxMEPHISTOx, on 27 November 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

You all need to get over and off the 'balancing act bandwagon' and focus your forum flaring on Community Warfare implementation.
This game is getting stale/boring and less fun to play with every day that passes and it is not due to balancing issues, far from it. It is the lack of purpose, drive to play. We all need CW's (or at the very least proper lobbies for 12 mans) before there is no one left playing.
Even I after over a year and a half am starting to lose the will to log on and drop what w/the constant ELO assassination attempts I deal with and the shrinking population (of the competitive folks at least).
More balancing will not rekindle interest in the bored and disenfranchised players, however....CW's will.

It's important to mention that CW will add a much, much stronger motivation to win in much of the playerbase, and we can thus "look forward" to seeing the "meta" or cookie-cutter builds becoming much more frequent because winning will be more important than just oilrigs.

Edited by FupDup, 27 November 2013 - 01:57 PM.

#137 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostFupDup, on 27 November 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

It's important to mention that CW will add a much, much stronger motivation to win in much of the playerbase, and we can thus "look forward" to seeing the "meta" or cookie-cutter builds becoming much more frequent because winning will be more important than just oilrigs.

Errr, that's a bold statement ("CW will add a much, much stronger motivation to win in much of the playerbase"). I don't dispute that it will definitely light a fire under the butts of some people, but I don't think "much of the playerbase" will be that interested. Consider that under the described implementatio of CW, the only real movers and shakers will be the the Merc Corps, everyone else will be playing tug-o-war over some bars.

Honestly I don't think CW will add that much to gameplay. Yes, it's add some fancy window dressing (and something for Corp Commanders to puzzle over) but the fundamental game for the regular grunts will not have changed.

#138 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

View PostArtgathan, on 27 November 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Honestly I don't think CW will add that much to gameplay. Yes, it's add some fancy window dressing (and something for Corp Commanders to puzzle over) but the fundamental game for the regular grunts will not have changed.

It's not going to add any game play. It's going to add depth and an actual storyline. The game play is going to be exactl what we have now plus a few modes. It will add strategy to the overall game just adding logistics and things like which planet should be assaulted.

As far as the other stuff. I think twitch players won't care but msot of the community will. I think you have mercs and factions backwards. Faction pilots will be the movers and shakers because they'll be the ones determining planetary ownership. Mercs will be used by factions.

#139 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:52 PM

View PostSandpit, on 27 November 2013 - 06:48 PM, said:

As far as the other stuff. I think twitch players won't care but msot of the community will. I think you have mercs and factions backwards. Faction pilots will be the movers and shakers because they'll be the ones determining planetary ownership. Mercs will be used by factions.

According to the 20min video from the Launch Party it will be mercs that control planets, factions just open up zones that the mercs can fight in. From what I understand it'll work like this:

Davion and Kurita fight over control of a "front". Once Davion, for instance, hits X% control, mercs can then bid for contracts to take control of planets in the front that Davion owns.

#140 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostArtgathan, on 27 November 2013 - 06:37 PM, said:

Errr, that's a bold statement ("CW will add a much, much stronger motivation to win in much of the playerbase"). I don't dispute that it will definitely light a fire under the butts of some people, but I don't think "much of the playerbase" will be that interested. Consider that under the described implementatio of CW, the only real movers and shakers will be the the Merc Corps, everyone else will be playing tug-o-war over some bars.

Perhaps I exaggerated it a tad too much, but if I heard rumors correctly we'll be getting weapon manufacturer variants with CW for owning certain planets...stuff like extra range, less heat, and supposedly even less weight on some items (there may be other tweaked variables). Having access to straight-out better equipment is something that I know I would certainly want to have secured.

Edited by FupDup, 27 November 2013 - 07:05 PM.

68 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 68 guests, 0 anonymous users