Better Leg Damage Animation

13 replies to this topic

#1 Diego Angelus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:35 AM

We need this as soon as possible.Once mech loses leg I want to see it pull that lag not walk with it and meke look like its damaged for example knee is ripped off, It just breaks immersion too much.

#2 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

There´s another thing. If both legs (the functional and the destroyed) are moving, it´s hard to know if you´re shooting the right one.

Edited by Albatroz, 07 April 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:12 PM

If we can still move while legged, it's kind of hard to imagine not having both legs. Unless you mean you want to either become a turret or start hopping around once legged.

The current limp is probably the best compromise.

#4 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:23 PM

It'd be nice if, upon the destruction of a 'Mech by destroying both legs, the second leg to be destroyed was torn off.

#5 Krinkov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:54 PM

Blowing off the second leg is a great idea.

#6 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:59 PM

I agree there needs to be a better limp animation, with sparks/smoke coming from the malfunctioning leg. It should be fairly obvious which leg is damaged without having to look at the paperdoll.

#7 Crimson Fenris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:53 AM

The first destroyed leg have to be more clearly highlighted as such, like a distinctive visual indicator (other than paperdoll), to see wich leg currently remains.

Other than that, the fact legs didnt disappear dont really bother me. The mech is dead, so, why bother ? Move on to the next target ^_^

#8 Albatroz

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 05:59 AM

The idea Diego was talking about (I´m guesssing), is that the mech drags the damaged leg the same way we do when it´s hurt. That´s what happened in others mechwarrior games. And That´s what I would vote for, anyway.

#9 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 07 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostAlbatroz, on 07 April 2014 - 05:59 AM, said:

The idea Diego was talking about (I´m guesssing), is that the mech drags the damaged leg the same way we do when it´s hurt. That´s what happened in others mechwarrior games. And That´s what I would vote for, anyway.

Exactly. The mech should limp likes it's wounded...like mechs do in every other mechwarrior title.

#10 Leguvan

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

I don't think anything is wrong with the current animation, but maybe have the visual part of the leg be more destroyed. The armour plates could be removed and see more of the internals.

#11 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Just animate it to look like a twisted and chared frame of the leg that used to be there, so it doesn't look like no leg is there, but clearly it's destroyed.

I'm thinking it would kinda look like a steel gurder poking out the mech. Done well tho, not like a pirate peg-leg.

#12 BourbonFaucet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 767 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

View PostBobzilla, on 07 April 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Just animate it to look like a twisted and chared frame of the leg that used to be there, so it doesn't look like no leg is there, but clearly it's destroyed.

I'm thinking it would kinda look like a steel gurder poking out the mech. Done well tho, not like a pirate peg-leg.

You mean like, have the basic skeletal structure there with a few damaged armor plates hanging onto it?

#13 Bobzilla

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,003 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostTechorse, on 07 April 2014 - 10:47 AM, said:

You mean like, have the basic skeletal structure there with a few damaged armor plates hanging onto it?

No armor plates at all, just the skeletal structure.

#14 Suko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostAlbatroz, on 06 April 2014 - 05:49 PM, said:

There´s another thing. If both legs (the functional and the destroyed) are moving, it´s hard to know if you´re shooting the right one.

This was always my issue with how MWO handled destroyed legs. In MW4 it was super obvious which leg was already toast.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users