• 53 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

me want this Jenner.

#22 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:12 AM

match maker been fixed or the grind reduced?

ok keep at it then.

#23 John MatriX82

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostCarrioncrows, on 03 December 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Only 5% on the dragon?

That is ....

It's a lost cause.

Given how long they'll realize that TBTs need something more, I guess it's the time to get rid of my only surviving variant, the 5J. There are other JJ-capable mechs with better hardpoints and hitboxes out there..

And for the Jenner.. not that I'd be interested (I only own JR7-F and D(S)<- this made me master them, otherwise my lighter thing is a Cicada).. No JJ? 4 missile hardpoints? Less acceleration than the others?

It will pair up pretty well with the Golden Boy..

#24 SmurfOff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

Is this a complete list of changes, or is this a highlights list? Were any changes made to reduce the "lag" spikes seen since the last patch?

#25 Rubidiy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 518 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:14 AM

do you guys even understand what a Pay-to-Win jenner it's gonna be???
Nice move PGI. Continue ruining this game. You did a great job so far.

#26 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:15 AM

View PostMaerawn, on 03 December 2013 - 10:11 AM, said:

all filler no meat.... i dont know why i read this {Scrap} its pointless and depressing anyway... somebody throw a party and shoot off fireworks when there is actual content in a patch please....

The actual content stuff is usally the 3rd Tuesday patch, not the 1st. The first one is usually bug fixes, Hero Mech, stuff.

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 03 December 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

It's a lost cause.

Given how long they'll realize that TBTs need something more, I guess it's the time to get rid of my only surviving variant, the 5J. There are other JJ-capable mechs with better hardpoints and hitboxes out there..

And for the Jenner.. not that I'd be interested (I only own JR7-F and D(S)<- this made me master them, otherwise my lighter thing is a Cicada).. No JJ? 4 missile hardpoints? Less acceleration than the others?

It will pair up pretty well with the Golden Boy..

If they make ot better than the others, people will cry P2W.

#27 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 03 December 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

I'm amazed how the Catapult-K2 gets torso weapon updates, but not the missile ears in its other counterparts.

I'm already wondering if the new hero Jenner is DOA, considering it has considerably slower acceleration (besides the lack of JJs in the first place). Looks like a future PB or something.

The Trebuchet changes don't seem like a buff at all, considering what it suffers least from is side coring.

The ears on other catapults do change with loadouts. It's actually kind of silly how it works, too.

The Jenner, well... in a world with borked missile hitreg, a 4M Jenner isn't very special.

Edited by Wintersdark, 03 December 2013 - 10:18 AM.

#28 DragonsFire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 655 posts

We have calls of the new Jenner being DOA and other calls of it being P2W, all within a few posts of one another. What in the world???

#29 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

• Reduced the size of the AC/20, AC/5, LB 10-X AC, and Ultra AC/5 models used on the Catapult.

Weapon size should remain consistent across all chassis. Stop scaling things. Where are the catapult arm rollbacks?

#30 El Papa

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 26 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:19 AM

Nice Patch...but where is the Moon map? Had high expectaions in seeing this map tonight.

That Herojenner will be a nice Spiderhunter with 4xStreaks...

Edited by El Papa, 03 December 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#31 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:21 AM

Only 5% on the dragon?

That is ....

Didn't really matter; the problem with the Dragon it's how absurdly easy it is to hit all the time: It's essentially wide as an awesome no matter what direction it's moving in. Many other mechs, twisted 90 degrees away, are much slimmer targets... The dragon? Pretty much impossible to miss.

Even if they made the entirety of the sides of the "trunk" side torsos, you'd only serve to make XL's useless on it, but it'd still be a deeply flawed chassis. And I say this as a die-hard Dragon fan.

#32 DerHenker

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 57 posts

jenner with only missile hardpoint no JJ
sounds like a lrm missile tube with legs ;-)

#33 Maerawn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 114 posts
  • LocationOrlando

View Postkuangmk11, on 03 December 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

Weapon size should remain consistent across all chassis. Stop scaling things. Where are the catapult arm rollbacks?

seriously maybe instead of changing the size of a component on one variant of a mech that you dont even notice during the fight with that mech, you should have i dont know spent time to put something of substance in the game!!!!!!!!

#34 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

I don't like the design of CT launchers on JR7-O. Engine vent has been blocked by tubes now. It could've been better if you just added more tubes to top four-tube launcher, making it to have six in first row (instead of four on JR7-D) and four in second row above.

#35 Zerberus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,488 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards looking for the Owner`s Manual

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostDragonsFire, on 03 December 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

We have calls of the new Jenner being DOA and other calls of it being P2W, all within a few posts of one another. What in the world???

I was starting to question my own sanity, but yoiu also seeing it reassured me it`s just the MWO /LaLaLand forums :P

View PostEl Papa, on 03 December 2013 - 10:19 AM, said:

Nice Patch...but where is the Moon map? Had high expectaions in seeing this map tonight. ...

Was confirmed for Dec 17th 2 weeks ago or so :)

Edited by Zerberus, 03 December 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#36 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:23 AM

View PostNgamok, on 03 December 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

If they make ot better than the others, people will cry P2W.

PGI usually did always good with hero mechs, none is superior to cbill variants, often it's the opposite, but in general they have always been well balanced and there's no P2W, I have to credit them for that.

I understand the lack of jjs, but then let it get 1 energy hardpoint in each arm.. poor Jenner hero.

View PostWintersdark, on 03 December 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Didn't really matter; the problem with the Dragon it's how absurdly easy it is to hit all the time: It's essentially wide as an awesome no matter what direction it's moving in. Many other mechs, twisted 90 degrees away, are much slimmer targets... The dragon? Pretty much impossible to miss.

Even if they made the entirety of the sides of the "trunk" side torsos, you'd only serve to make XL's useless on it, but it'd still be a deeply flawed chassis. And I say this as a die-hard Dragon fan.

Yep, the thing must be scaled down by far, making it much smaller than it's now. As I said in another thread, hitboxes won't fix it. Either a size reduction or a total model rework is necessary imho.

Edited by John MatriX82, 03 December 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#37 BP Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:25 AM

Only 5% on the dragon?

That is ....

Welcome to the Awesome pilot's world...

#38 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

View PostDragonsFire, on 03 December 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

This is normal, however, P2W claims are made by someone utterly disconnected with reality. 4M on a non-ECM light just isn't very intimidating.

If it had ECM, that would at least make it a beast of a SSRM2 delivery vehicle, but without? BAP only goes so far. Missile hit registration (or missile HSR, I neither know nor care which is actually the problem) is terrible. A "SplatJenner" scares nobody.

#39 DonBennos

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGermany Bayern

Jenner Hero Mech? Sounds good!

WHOOOOOT???

NO Jump-Jets on a Jenner?

You must be kidding, do you?

So... no TAG possible... reduced acceleration... not even one JJ can be equiped?

Dear Sir - this is a coffin...

Why did you do that to one of the most epic Mechs in the game... I´m not sure... the major reason for me playing a Jenner is to shoot heads while sliding above the enemy... the Jenner always has been a seriouse thread performing quick maneuver attacks... with the given restrictions its probably more worse than the X-5...

Somehow I feel like crying... but... but I have that incredible tasty rip-burger in front of me... and I hope it can make my mind up again...

Please tell us you just forgot to implement the JJ... yes? :)

#40 GODzillaGSPB

• 2,028 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

PGI is so excited about their own stuff - namely the hero mech - that there isn't even a frontpage post about it. I guess that kinda shows...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users