• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:40 PM

View PostCimarb, on 08 January 2014 - 06:19 PM, said:

He's one of the good characters I mentioned and I agree.

I'm all for that as a start. We just need to get the opportunity to test it out...

I'd say petition but don't know. I guess if anyone is on good terms with a mod they could submit it to them and see what they think?

#382 Varent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationWest Coast - United States

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostSandpit, on 08 January 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

I'd say petition but don't know. I guess if anyone is on good terms with a mod they could submit it to them and see what they think?

seconded and want.

#383 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 09:23 PM

After the exchanges we had, did Varent like a post of mine?
CALL AN AMBULANCE!

View PostSandpit, on 08 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I have played quite a bit since yesterday evening. I used an AC20, I used an AC10. I tried to pay special attention to when they were being used to shoot at me. I HAVE noticed a little less "I'm gonna shoot you with my AC20 at 600 meters" being accurate. I've noticed a definite difference in how I have to adjust the AC10 in order to take longer ranged shots.

Overall I actually think adjusting the speeds was a small step in the right direction. Face to face right now an AC20 is a fearsome beast but not quite as much at extreme ranges now.
I think is they just pull down the 3x range and give us that to try out for a month combined with yesterday's adjustments we would see some shifts.

After that if there were still a huge disparity I think they should look into shortening the beam duration and then possibly at convergence loss when firing multiple big bore ballistics at once mentioned previously in this thread.

OK then. I have not looked into ranges.

View PostSandpit, on 08 January 2014 - 04:54 PM, said:

I think another thing all of us lose sight of sometimes is that we started really seriously discussing some of these adjustments just within the last week. We've all seen what happens when knee jerk reactions cause balance changes. This is going to be a long process whether they like our ideas or not.

After all of that if there's STILL a huge disparity between the two weapon types I'd look into other balancing options.

Long, yep, given the game seems to still be somewhat like a BETA.

If there were a petition, probably would have to go over every weapon and get some kind of concensus. That's hard with all the different opinions around. But we could always make a separate one for the Flamer! ;)

#384 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostMerchant, on 08 January 2014 - 09:23 PM, said:

After the exchanges we had, did Varent like a post of mine?
CALL AN AMBULANCE!

OK then. I have not looked into ranges.

Long, yep, given the game seems to still be somewhat like a BETA.

If there were a petition, probably would have to go over every weapon and get some kind of concensus. That's hard with all the different opinions around. But we could always make a separate one for the Flamer! ;)

Eh, in the minds of many we are still beta. The launch was, is, and has been less than spectacular and for me personally it wasn't what I would consider a full release because of the whole "minimal viable product" line

#385 Varent

• 2,393 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:42 PM

we are most definetly still Beta. Until CW comes out at least in my opinion. @ Merchant. Just cause we have differing opinions doesn't mean I don't like your other thoughts :P actually so far ive only found one person I truly don't care for on these forums.

Edited by Varent, 08 January 2014 - 10:44 PM.

#386 DrxAbstract

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:39 AM

You want to fix all this weapon balance nonsense? I have the solution right here!

Get rid of individual armor sections, give Mechs a flat HP pool comprised of both their total external and internal armor.

What's that, you want component destruction you say? Alright! Once a Mech is reduced to 30% total HP (Technically down to internals) hitting specific parts have a chance to cause a critical hit, destroying weapons, components or to a lesser extent the entire limb! Also, once a Mechs hit 30% LBX ACs and Machine Guns do 3x damage with increased critical hit chance! Give SRMs a 1.5x chance. XLs still dangerous to use!

What does this solve? Everything! No more "Raven legs too big", Awesome is no longer "Torso too huge!". All perceived issues with any Mech's physical characteristics go out the door! Every variant of every chassis is now viable! Pinpoint damage becomes irrelevant! DPS oriented designs and Lasers no longer at a disadvantage from 'spreading'. LBX and Machine Guns are useful! Weapon hit registration is fixed because individual hit boxes no longer exist in the same manner or function!

Hurrah i did it! ... Would anyone go for it? Probably not.

#387 Craig Steele

• 2,106 posts
  • LocationCSR Mountbatton awaiting clearance for tactical deployment

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:41 AM

@Varent, is it me?? :P

#388 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:33 AM

View PostVarent, on 08 January 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

we are most definetly still Beta. Until CW comes out at least in my opinion. @ Merchant. Just cause we have differing opinions doesn't mean I don't like your other thoughts :P actually so far ive only found one person I truly don't care for on these forums.

Sorry :rolleyes: :) :)

View PostDrxAbstract, on 09 January 2014 - 03:39 AM, said:

You want to fix all this weapon balance nonsense? I have the solution right here!

Get rid of individual armor sections, give Mechs a flat HP pool comprised of both their total external and internal armor.

What's that, you want component destruction you say? Alright! Once a Mech is reduced to 30% total HP (Technically down to internals) hitting specific parts have a chance to cause a critical hit, destroying weapons, components or to a lesser extent the entire limb! Also, once a Mechs hit 30% LBX ACs and Machine Guns do 3x damage with increased critical hit chance! Give SRMs a 1.5x chance. XLs still dangerous to use!

What does this solve? Everything! No more "Raven legs too big", Awesome is no longer "Torso too huge!". All perceived issues with any Mech's physical characteristics go out the door! Every variant of every chassis is now viable! Pinpoint damage becomes irrelevant! DPS oriented designs and Lasers no longer at a disadvantage from 'spreading'. LBX and Machine Guns are useful! Weapon hit registration is fixed because individual hit boxes no longer exist in the same manner or function!

Hurrah i did it! ... Would anyone go for it? Probably not.

Dear god no. :rolleyes:

#389 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 January 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

Dear god no. :P

Totally agree! Sorry Abstract this is BattleTech game. If you want a simpler gameplay there is Hawken.

#390 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 January 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

Totally agree! Sorry Abstract this is BattleTech game. If you want a simpler gameplay there is Hawken.

Or SWTOR. If you want simple Hit Points

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 09 January 2014 - 05:25 AM.

#391 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 09 January 2014 - 05:07 AM, said:

I didnt say i wanted simpler gameplay, nor did i say i wanted it. It would solve all the standing issues though.

#392 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:44 AM

View PostDrxAbstract, on 09 January 2014 - 05:32 AM, said:

I didnt say i wanted simpler gameplay, nor did i say i wanted it. It would solve all the standing issues though.

And turn this into another RPG with a pool of hit points. I already play enough RPGs, I like targeting locations to hurt my enemy instead of just mashing Right mouse and #3 button to win.

#393 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 January 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

And turn this into another RPG with a pool of hit points. I already play enough RPGs, I like targeting locations to hurt my enemy instead of just mashing Right mouse and #3 button to win.

Only for the first 2/3rd health of the Mech. The last 1/3rd is the time at which you can focus specific parts... the Health % readout will actually be accurate and useful! An RPG this would make not.

Anyway, i didnt say this is what i wanted, but it would definitely make the game more newbie friendly, eliminate most of the standing game play issues and maintain most of the current preferred game dynamics. Just because i presented an idea doesnt mean i like or want it - kind of the point behind having an unbiased discussion.

#394 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

I just got a visit from MiSs on my profile last night, but it was probably because their spam-tracking tool was offended by my "stop the dupes, dupes" posts... I don't think that would help me with a petition request, lol...

View PostVarent, on 08 January 2014 - 10:42 PM, said:

actually so far ive only found one person I truly don't care for on these forums.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 January 2014 - 04:33 AM, said:

Sorry :P :) :rolleyes:

I know you are probably joking, but there are several of us that just thought the same thing seriously, lol.

Edited by Cimarb, 09 January 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#395 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

View PostCimarb, on 09 January 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I know you are probably joking, but there are several of us that just thought the same thing seriously, lol.
Yeah, I was joking! It just felt right since Varent said there was "One person" he didn't care for on the forums and it just fit!. :P

#396 Varent

• 2,393 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:55 AM

View PostCimarb, on 09 January 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

I feel im pretty frank and foreward, I make no apologies there. That said I truly do hope most things I say are taken with a grain of salt since I do passionatly enjoy this franchise and want to see it prosper just as much as anyone else.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 09 January 2014 - 07:53 AM, said:

Yeah, I was joking! It just felt right since Varent said there was "One person" he didn't care for on the forums and it just fit!. :rolleyes:

I actually like you quite abit Joseph, you amuse me and I like your attitude. Even if I think you are abit of a nut :P

#397 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

View PostVarent, on 09 January 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

I feel im pretty frank and foreward, I make no apologies there. That said I truly do hope most things I say are taken with a grain of salt since I do passionatly enjoy this franchise and want to see it prosper just as much as anyone else.

We take everything you say with a grain of salt (and a bucket of lard to make it go down easier) :P

#398 Varent

• 2,393 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

View PostCimarb, on 09 January 2014 - 08:04 AM, said:

We take everything you say with a grain of salt (and a bucket of lard to make it go down easier) :P

*shrug* Im law enforcement for my day job. Im used to it. :rolleyes:

#399 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:20 AM

View PostVarent, on 09 January 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:

*shrug* Im law enforcement for my day job. Im used to it. :P

Paul Blart??? I knew it was you!

#400 Varent

• 2,393 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:24 AM

View PostCimarb, on 09 January 2014 - 08:20 AM, said:

Paul Blart??? I knew it was you!

I work in admin mostly these days. So actually my job is usually this.

Posted Image

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users