• LocationGermany, CGN

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:37 PM

Haha, this post was 200 pages long ^^

GJ Mods!

#3002 tvaughanx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

Ohh wow such a deal Omnimech's with variants....... only 10$ a mech 240 need i point out that it should just be the 8 clan mech's for 80$ and it should take 3x the exp to master one...... duh

#3003 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

View PostTarzilman, on 14 December 2013 - 12:31 PM, said:

Down.

#3004 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

View PostAgincourt, on 14 December 2013 - 12:34 PM, said:

This is deeply stupid, but I wouldn't expect anything less from PGI. Reminds me why I uninstalled this thing awhile back.

If you uninstalled then why are you still here. Take a hike and take your hate somewhere else. I'm sure you'd fit in with typical MOBA folks quite well with that attitude.

#3005 r4plez

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 812 posts
  • LocationFoundry

Stop giving them money! let them *starve* soon they will have to sell IP rights, maybe than we will have game we all dreamed of.

#3006 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

View PostN3RV315, on 14 December 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

It feels kinda like Crowd Funding for an IP I assumed already had a stable economy, or at least meeting the metrics of the business plan early stages. After all, it left beta and launched 3 months ago.

It had a stable economy, at least more stable, until:

PGI: GHOST HEAT AND 3RD PERSON
Community: We don't want this! If you force this on us bait & switch style we will quit.
PGI: HAHA NO YOU WON'T JUNKIES HAVE ANOTHER 'MECH

What they fail to realize is that people were not bluffing and not being dramatic. They left.

I know people who sold their accounts entirely and said screw it - Legendary founders who were HUGE supporters of the game and IP - because of {Scrap} like Paul's dumb as hell maths and Russ's mockery of the community fighting against bad changes.

They shot themselves over and over and at the time, the pro-PGI crowd, minority as they were, kept claiming "Let the whiners go haha we don't need them everything is great!"

Well it wasn't great. The player base is tiny as hell and everything is collapsing. Instead of addressing the reasons for that - say nothing of new content & features but fixing things we hate they added for no good reason - they just chose to make a final massive cash grab.

Counting the days until they talk about their "great run" and then blame the failure of MW:O on the IP.

View PostJacknife, on 14 December 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

This is a great release waited for by much of the community, and for which I'm sure the silent majority is grateful. However - UI2.0 seriously needs to see some progress after missed deadline after missed deadline. It is getting, shall we say, frustrating.

Hahahhahaah you still believe that?

90% of the people you can still see in game are all vocal forums users.

And should you ever receive a report for any of these idiots who say they would TK someone in a collector mech - please perma-ban their accounts. None of this 24hr waste of time.

TK them? Nah. Make endless fun of them and make snide comments if they're being destroyed by a pack of 'mechs instead of helping? Absolutely.

"In trouble, eh? Maybe you should offer to bribe them to back off on paypal, you obviously have the cash!"

Edited by Victor Morson, 14 December 2013 - 12:41 PM.

#3007 Skoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 994 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:41 PM

View Postpbiggz, on 14 December 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

If you uninstalled then why are you still here. Take a hike and take your hate somewhere else. I'm sure you'd fit in with typical MOBA folks quite well with that attitude.

Could be that he actually cares about the property? Who are you to question why someone's here? You're obviously one of the targets of the $240 Mad Cat and would blindly buy it because OMG CLANS OMG MUST RP ARYAN UBERMENSCH OMG

#3008 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 14 December 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Counting the days until they talk about their "great run" and then blame the failure of MW:O on the Publisher.

There i fixed it.

#3009 Agent Pires

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostChronojam, on 14 December 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Quote this if you're down.

#3010 CJF_Helly

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationBremen, Germany

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

lol this pricing is just pathetic.

I started to write a long text to show you my disappointment PGI but infact I can cut it down to one single sentence:

NO CW, NO UI2.0, NO SRM FIX = No money from me anymore.

With that kind of prices and the lack of progress in game development you have lost another customer.

Good Job PGI.

Bye Bye and welcome ESO in april.

bb

Edited by Helly, 14 December 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#3011 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

View PostHelly, on 14 December 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

NO CW, NO UI2.0, NO SRM FIX = No money from me anymore.

Be careful bringing up SRM fixes.

I've said several times on the forums now that the next riot that happens will bring a fix to the guns.

They quelled the Ghost Heat riot with upgrading SRMs and LRMs.
They quelled the 3PV riot by finally fixing PPCs.

Keep in mind both of these changes took the sum total of a minute or two tops. Less if they were fast about it.

My point: They will give us great SRMs and act like they've done a ton to turn things around as a result, in the middle of another weak apology.

I honestly believe the reason they don't fix the weapons even though it'd be easy is they want to save fixes for PR damage control instead of fixing the freaking game.

Edited by Victor Morson, 14 December 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#3012 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

OK, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if the folks now complaining about an available clan mech pack are the same who complain at the lack of clan mechs in game....

PGI - nice selection of mechs, love the look of them, nice work. Would have preferred two separate $120 packs, or better a pick and mix list based on $X per ton as is in place with existing hero mechs. But hey, bygones. Will I be buying? Probably, in a few months pending progress on other aspects of the game.

This is a great release waited for by much of the community, and for which I'm sure the silent majority is grateful. However - UI2.0 seriously needs to see some progress after missed deadline after missed deadline. It is getting, shall we say, frustrating.

The one thing I will criticise PGI for with these clan mechs - SERIOUSLY, a gold mech? Sure, for any folks with silly disposable income, do something by way of a collectors pack. But this is the best idea you guys could come up with? And at $500???? By far the stupidest idea I've seen in a game. Even if you don't consider the clans are supposed to be a martial, Spartan, minimalist society. Please, at least pay a little attention and respect to the background, after all, most willing to pay this sort of money will be mechheads, I'm sure they'd prefer something more true to the battletech background. Please don't ruin the look of the game with sodding gold mechs.

And should you ever receive a report for any of these idiots who say they would TK someone in a collector mech - please perma-ban their accounts. None of this 24hr waste of time.

rookie with only three post... hmmm... while your criticism warms my sole, your lack of understanding that this has been going on since closed beta makes me want to ram my head against a wall because pgi is sucking in yet another lost soul into the web of wasteful spending.

#3013 Whatzituyah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,236 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn a dark corner waiting to alpha strike his victim.

Only pack thats worth it the Masakari package because the gold packs are too much atleast the packages themselves seem reasonable enough. I mean really do the math!

$500
x 8 golden mechs
$4000 compared to $240 packs its expensive.

Edited by Whatzituyah, 14 December 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#3014 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

A plea to the Devs:

Stay the course. If everything goes well hopefully mwo will go under shortly after star citizen is up and rolling. Then a new publisher can take the IP off your hands and around the time I'm bored with star citizen a new mechwarrior game will be out.

#3015 Felbombling

• 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

On the bright side... at least this announcement wasn't made on Twitter first.

#3016 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:47 PM

View PostTolkien, on 14 December 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Remember - if you're like me and you're a legendary founder and an overlord package backer there is an important lesson in this:

We are to blame for not having Community Warfare or UI2.0 or any of the other features we really wanted in by now.

Why do I blame myself and fellow 'OverGolds'?

Because they told us in June 2012 that we would have all the features in game by open beta except community warfare, and that would follow within 90 days. (Link here)

We were gullible enough to believe them and give them $120 for a game sight unseen. From this they learned a $5 million lesson that Mechwarrior fans are gullible optimists that believe anything. Even after going to open beta with nothing in, people kept giving them money.

By 90 days after open beta they failed to deliver on CW, they failed to deliver on the 1:1 timeline, they failed to deliver on role warfare, they failed to deliver on pilot levels, they failed to deliver on skill trees, they failed to deliver on information warfare, they failed to deliver on UI2.0, they failed to deliver on DX11.

But then in March 2013 150 days after open beta they announced that community warfare would be released in 3 phases up until late summer. (video link here of Bryan saying it would be all 3 phases in up to launch/late summer.)

Up until June they still hadn't delivered anything from the list above, but hey they released phoenix and us overgolds bought it to reward their lack of progress. They told us it would come with a ~30% loyalty point boost and some medallions that would boost it a further 2%.

As of August they stabbed us in the back eyes over 3pv after having literally promised
Posted Image

We should have paid attention at that point because PGI had clearly declared that they were going to change their position no matter what they had outright promised in the past if it suited them financially to do so. But gullible people like me who cancelled our phoenix packs bought them again when they took 3pv out of 12 mans as a 'good will gesture'.

Fast forward to 3 months after launch which is now 435 days after open beta they failed to deliver on CW, they failed to deliver on the 1:1 timeline, they failed to deliver on role warfare, they failed to deliver on pilot levels, they failed to deliver on skill trees, they failed to deliver on information warfare, they failed to deliver on UI2.0, they failed to deliver on DX11, they failed to deliver on loyalty points actually being in game, they failed to deliver on the phoenix badges.

Notice how they correctly interpreted our weakness and gullibility to mean that they don't have to deliver any of the content they promised to make or promised not to make?

We who have bought legendary founders packs and overlord packages are to blame for the state of the game. If you want them to actually implement the features you want, stop giving them money so they realize the have to follow through on past promises to get money. We tried the carrot, now we have to resort to the stick of starvation.

Posted Image

Remember: Giving them lots of money for nothing is the reason we still have none of the above (ok we do have the island we're on). We tried giving them money, now it's time to try holding out. If they die as a company it's not like they'll be really moving much slower than they are now.

You are right we are guilty, and this is the only way to make them follow through on their promises. So from now on, if I don't see any of the above features, PGI won't see anymore of my money.

Edited by Duppie1974, 14 December 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#3017 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

$4000

i can fly to see my clan mates and eat/drink instead of buy 8 gold mechs

#3018 SlavKatyusha

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts

Seriously PGI?

We already bought the last tier of both Legendary Founders and Overlord Pack, and now this? GIve us a break, how about cut down 50-75% to everyone who bought the previous founders/overlord???

This is really insulting.

Edited by CloneWarrior85, 14 December 2013 - 12:48 PM.

#3019 elengil

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 23 posts
  • LocationDDC hometown

View PostChronojam, on 14 December 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Quote this if you're down.

Too true.

#3020 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

$210 for a hero Mad Cat???

You gotta be kidding... How can you even bring out, let alone TALK about clan stuff when we don't even have House warfare yet, or mercenary corporations, or planetary capture modes, or private lobbies, or all the things that make a game complete enough to launch into being. I bought into the Phoenix pack and wish I could get my money back. I didn't know that there wouldn't be other mechs out other than the phoenix mechs for us to pilot and wanted to get a head start. I was counting on them coming out with 2 mechs a month like they said they would. So for Phoenix purchasers, the wait for more content is even more excruciatingly painful because we don't even have new mechs to try out while we wait.

Also, question: With one mech a month, does this mean that if you don't pay $210 you have to wait until December of 2014 to get the C-bill version of the Mad Cat?

Now, what, I have to wait a total of 6 months (until April) from the Phoenix + Saber release to get a new mech to work on? Sucker me once, shame on you...

We don't even know if inner sphere loyalists will be able to play with clan mechs, and if they do, **** the lore, right? I practically had a heart attack as one of my guys hopped on teamspeak to tell me the clan mechs were announced, but after the initial buzz, I realized this whole deal isn't a deal at all. It's just more mechs for a stale game.

It just makes me kinda heartsick that this package came out so early. I know it's a Christmas marketing thing and I don't begrudge PGI for wanting to make a buck, but it's TOO EARLY for Clan stuff. Let's get the freakin' game up and running, THEN talk about the clans.

Also, I don't care if the Clan mechs are gimped: it doesn't seem right that the IS should have them when we haven't even had a chance to fight the succession wars, let alone try to fend off the clan invasion. Russ Bullock tweeted that he can't wait to see the IS fighting the Clans. Well, if the IS players can buy clan mechs now, then how will you know who is who to know who won the fight? Bullcrap, PGI, this is bullcrap.

Edited by Peiper, 15 December 2013 - 08:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users