• Philanthropist
  • 46 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostChronojam, on 14 December 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Quote this if you're down.

Quoted.

And one more thing. Someone on these pages made a very good point: Omnimech-Variants...OMNIMECH-Variants..OMNI!!!!MECH!..Variants.

#1882 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted Image

Best reply in this thread yet. More rep to you, sir.. :)

S.

#1883 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 14 December 2013 - 03:03 AM, said:

Now, I'm in toss up mode. Do I toss my dreams of being a mechwarrior in a great mechsim because PGI has fail written all over it, or do I toss my money into proven quality developers like Chris Roberts and War Thunder, which in Beta remains better than MWO is today.

You can do both, just ease up on paying for MWO. I was cautious about their unique and limited offers right from the start. If I want CB bonus, I can always buy Hero Mech or Prem time, whatever is more convenient for me. I played MWO when I was tired of WoT and decided to not waste my gaming time on WoWP Beta anymore (as I already felt the flavour and there was a release wipe ahead). I played for free though. Results of my grind are still with me, I can switch to play MWO more heavily anytime I want. No grab deals though. I spent some money on WoT and WoWP (AFTER release) meanwhile.

#1884 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted Image

Thanks, I am down right now, very much appreciated.

#1885 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostVictor Morson, on 14 December 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

I have no idea how we only have 5 maps.

Making a good map for a game like MechWarrior is not the same as making a map for, say, a first person shooter.

There are people - many of which on this very forums - that have done better looking maps than most of those in the game in under a week. All you need is some satellite data, textures, and some nice models to put around the map. Making maps in Crysis is insanely easy.

I've known people who have picked up the editor and done maps of the quality in MW:O in under a week from first time usage.

So yeah, I want to know why we have so few maps, too.

PS: We wouldn't be in this state if Paul, Russ and the rest didn't just stop working for like 8 months after consumables got put out, counting on the mech artists to make them all their money.

Dude. Cmon. It costs 250K to make a map. You need 4 University educated idiots working 4 hours a day while checking facebook every 5 minutes and earning 100K a year to make 1 map in a month.

Explosions & destructible items & terrain not included.

dont you know anything Victor?

:)

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 14 December 2013 - 03:23 AM.

#1886 Antonius Prime

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 83 posts

View PostMal, on 13 December 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I'm not a Clanner..but, I'm glad to see clans packs coming.

It'd be nice to have some more information on how the implementation is going to be done (given how OP clan tech was when it first showed up in lore).

re: Complaints about price point. I'll just point to the Star Citizen price points, and I know that there are quite a few MWO players who are also backers of that game (myself included). How many of you considered getting an Idris during the Anniversary/End of LTI sale?

(That said, yeah, I think $500 might be a tad high for a single Chassis)

I'm sorry, but you cannot even begin to compare this to Star Citizen. Apples and Oranges, my friend.

SC is promised to be a way more expansive game. You will likely only own a few ships and not a whole armada. Certainly not ever variant of the same ship. You will be focusing on exploring and fitting into an entire world rather than just playing matches.

SC is coming from a proven developer (Mr. Roberts) who has a track record of delivering quality the past. PGI is suffering greatly in their track record with this community.

SC is doing a fantastic job of selling the dream and communicating with their community and backers. PGI is always getting flame for not giving enough information. All we see is some art and a video that shows absolutely nothing. The one thing they communicate quite clearly is how much money they want for it. Everything else is a guessing game. No one in their right mind should ever make a purchase with so little information.

I have been a loyal MWO backer. Elite Founder, Overlord + Reinforcement, several Hero mechs. I just can't justify buying yet again. This is:
Too soon
Too little info
Insensitive to paying customers who are paying for this f2p game and are awaiting more meaningful content (maps and mechs can only take us so far without CW and other game modes)

I also don't understand how this will affect the flavor of clan tech. It will just be strange and anti-climactic if everyone in the IS has access to Clan Tech when the clans invade. You might as well just invent some more Houses instead of Clans at that point. The whole point is that clans had the better tech and the IS feared and coveted it. You had to salvage it or find some other way of getting some. Instead, I feel like PGI is prostituting the clans (and I am not a clanner, NWH by preference) in order to keep feeding their money needs/wants.

We just don't really know what our money is producing. People are willing to invest gobs in SC because they feel they are truly helping to build something. They feel in the loop and a valued part of something special. Here I feel more and more like I am asked to blindly throw money out with only vague and scant promises that are always just over the horizon no matter how far I travel. It feels too much like a scam or a ponzi scheme.

If PGI wants SC level contributions, they need to deliver SC level communication and respect. SC is continually selling us on how and why it will be great. SC doesn't have an IGP. The supporters are the investors and are continually being treated professionally.

If you want the big cash, you have to earn it. If you are not prepared to do that, please give us a price that better reflects the game we being handed. You can't charge steakhouse prices for a McDouble. It won't fly.

I think it would be a wiser move to throw the community a bone and cut us a deal, as a sort of "we appreciate you and thank you for continuing to support us financially", rather than being asked to pay even larger sums of money than ever before. At least give a deal to those who have significantly supported all the other packages to date, exercising patience with continual delays. You are biting the hand that feeds you.

I truly hope this is not what it smacks of: A last grab for money before cutting and running. I would hope not, but the lack of any real info other than price makes me quite nervous. It's like, "Here, let's just throw this up real quick and try to make it look like we have something real and see how much more we can get before we shut this puppy down."

#1887 Cry0

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSEA

Wow! I'm glad I didn't fall for that Project Phoenix scam.

Now, I'm seeing where PGI is going here; it's like Zynga and even worse. -___- Goodluck PGI, you just lost another customer.

#1888 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

View PostReaper0084, on 14 December 2013 - 03:20 AM, said:

That Timberwolf looks like **** , arms too big , torso too big and ears too small - and the prices LOL ..

Do you really want it having big ears if they are the parts of side torso sections?

#1889 Legend_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

Posted Image

Time to protest with images? I'm down.

#1890 Galen Crayn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 443 posts
  • LocationKonstanz - Germany

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:24 AM

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

(Einstein)

#1891 Artgathan

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,764 posts

14 hours later and almost 1900 posts. That's 2.24 posts / minute. If this keeps up, PGI's going to have a lot of reading to do come Monday...

Not all that impressed with the Clan pack. More expensive than overlord (per / mech) and less value (less premium time / no loyalty bonus).

#1892 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

View PostVictor Morson, on 14 December 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

I have no idea how we only have 5 maps.
Eight, sorry.

Why in Kerensky's name PGI didn't let the community submit maps for consideration is beyond me. If they were smart they would have encouraged submissions and paid for them in virtual assets (eg. 3 free Mechs for every new map adopted).

There would have been very little real cost to PGI, and it would have created huge grind relief for the playerbase.

#1893 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

I think the timber wolf looks pretty good, when you consider they are obviously trying to make the shoulder pods part of the arm section (or maybe side torso, could go either way). With that in mind the size balance looks pretty good.

The team who design and build the mechs are doing a really good job at least.

Edited by Asmosis, 14 December 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#1894 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

I don't really like these tiered things. Why can't I buy each pack of mechs for 30$ or 40 or whatever, and then if I wanted to, I could go in for a bunch of all this other stuff. If I want the assault mech, I need to pay 240$, but I'll possibly never ever drive half the mechs in that pack, and some i'll maybe drive once? Why not give customers more options :)

#1895 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:25 AM

View PostCry0, on 14 December 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

Wow! I'm glad I didn't fall for that Project Phoenix scam.

I knew the Clan pack would follow it and immediately outdate it; predicted it over and over on the forums. I'm hardly a psychic, anyone with eyes open could see it.

Plus PGI doesn't know what makes a good mech or a bad mech, so they made the best 'mech in the pack the Shadow Hawk and put it out in November. So yeah. I could care less about the rest of it.

#1896 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 14 December 2013 - 03:13 AM, said:

Just going to re-quote this... It reflects how I feel about the game not being complete enough to back up this sale. In a post previous to this one I mentioned that there is a lack of meaningful content that gives purpose to the mechs. More mechs don't make shooting mechs more fun. It flat lined after Phoenix pack was released. This sale should have been saved for a June 17th announcement....

I will also re quote this. Either pgi makes good on their promises BEFORE you put the asinine clans in make them more affordable or lets all agree to stop playing and let the game die extremely fast.

Most smaller studios that were closed down due to funding have brought better quality content..hell they brought content at least.

These devs dont deserve the privilege of making games, much less a franchise thats been around longer than I have been around walking the earth. This is just pathetic.

If anything this feedback should tell them just how we think about them after this.

#1897 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:26 AM

Another image to protest with, if case it's helpful. It got buried quickly about 5 pages back, so apologies for the bump. (I do actually like Chronojam's better.)

Posted Image

Edited by Appogee, 14 December 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#1898 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:27 AM

View PostPOWR, on 14 December 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

I don't really like these tiered things. Why can't I buy each pack of mechs for 30$ or 40 or whatever, and then if I wanted to, I could go in for a bunch of all this other stuff. If I want the assault mech, I need to pay 240$, but I'll possibly never ever drive half the mechs in that pack, and some i'll maybe drive once? Why not give customers more options :)

Because then the only mech everyone would buy is the Thor, cause it has jumpjets and the right hardpoints to succeed...ie PPC & a ballistic.

Diashi is a stumpy atlas with no jets that has low slung arms. Not exactly primed for success in the current meta.

#1899 DrBlue62

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 154 posts

View PostArtgathan, on 14 December 2013 - 03:24 AM, said:

14 hours later and almost 1900 posts. That's 2.24 posts / minute. If this keeps up, PGI's going to have a lot of reading to do come Monday...

They don't care, this is the grab deal to end all grab deals. If the clan mechs even get released on time the game is finished before 2015 hits.

#1900 WTNoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 301 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk

While we pay this horror will continue

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

• Facebook