#2941 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:11 PM

View PostRazor Kotovsky, on 14 December 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

Like every other new mech?

I think PGI is afraid implementing anything other than new mechs will cause even more client crashes and the scam will fall through.

I think he's worried that people will buy the Clan 'mechs, claim they are OP (SURPRISE!) and then have Paul running in with a Crayon screaming "AH CAHN FEEX EHT" and make up a system that only lets you fire a tiny amount of your massive Clan weapons at a time with zero user interface, and if you fire them too quickly, you'll overheat and explode---

Ohhhh wait.

Edited by Victor Morson, 14 December 2013 - 12:11 PM.

#2942 Aethon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 2,037 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, Niles, Kerensky Cluster

View PostNation Uprise, on 14 December 2013 - 10:06 AM, said:

They didn't do any heavy lifting? Read this:

"Because the project changes the play-style and feel of the game it is originally based on (Crysis and Crysis Warhead) so completely as to be unrecognizable in comparison, it is billed as a "full-conversion" mod, since little to no trace of the original game's art or play-style (besides the most basic menus seen when first loading the game) exists any longer within MW:LL." - http://en.wikipedia...._Living_Legends

There's a reason why the mod won many awards.

To be clear, none of the original Crysis assets were used in MWLL. Everything you see was hand-made by its devs.

Oh, and for the record, Crytek told the MWLL devs that adding mechs with pilots in them to any CryEngine game was 'impossible'.

MWLL made the 'impossible' possible. PGI is simply standing on the shoulders of the giants they shut down, and not even doing anything with the benefits of their position, while asking absurd amounts of money based on a promise...that coming from someone who has already gone back on their promises after people paid cold, hard cash for those promises.

#2943 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

... and since I still haven't seen the "{Godwin's Law} rants about the Clan-Pack prices"-video, here's another one that seems to fit quite well..

S.

#2944 DeathsStalker

Rookie

• 9 posts

sweet mother of god! about 3000 replies to the "clan invasion feedback" please do what the devs of warframe did when they did a mistake, they made an official statement about it and refunded those who wanted one but most importantly changed their ways and gave the community some shut up money. if they give every member of the community 1 variant of any clan mech they want, change the prices and release info on the clan mechs, CW and UI 2.0 people would forgive them!

#2945 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

A single mech costing 5 times the Legendary pack 2 years after and so little content added and bug fixing at the level of an Alpha.

Highly Unreasonable.

Not touching this with a 10 foot pole. Sorry PGI

Edited by Pilotasso, 14 December 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#2946 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostAim64C, on 14 December 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

Even if every human being alive were to purchase a gold mech - is that false advertising?

There are a limited number of customers, after all.

http://en.wikipedia....tio_ad_absurdum

#2947 Star Witch Esperanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 203 posts

i mean lets also not forget the gold mech is one of the worst values in the industry.

#2948 Banshee Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 431 posts
  • LocationUncomfortably Close

This is the same marketing department that chose a bull skull as the logo for a company named Piranha.

Honestly, is this clan business really that surprising?

#2949 Khan Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

View PostChronojam, on 14 December 2013 - 03:05 AM, said:

Posted Image

Quote this if you're down.

Awesome! Nicely done.

23 hours later....149 pages....2966 replies....awesome job PGI at irritating your player base beyond belief.

I can only wonder how many players you've already lost in 23 hours and how many more are going to follow them out the door...

#2950 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:16 PM

View PostDeathsStalker, on 14 December 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

sweet mother of god! about 3000 replies to the "clan invasion feedback" please do what the devs of warframe did when they did a mistake, they made an official statement about it and refunded those who wanted one but most importantly changed their ways and gave the community some shut up money. if they give every member of the community 1 variant of any clan mech they want, change the prices and release info on the clan mechs, CW and UI 2.0 people would forgive them!

Don't worry. Last time the forums were rioting about a serious problem, the devs were swift to act:
  • Insult everyone on Twitter and mock them for pointing out logic
  • Claim their way is going really great
  • Continually post up-beat messages about what a "success" it was
  • Shut down the official threads in which feedback was negative
  • Post an "apology" thread that was a back handed 'Sorry I didn't tell you.. that I'm gonna screw ya! haha'
  • Also shut down the apology thread when backlash hits critical levels
  • Optionally, claim you shut it down because of a "few troublemakers" and quote statistics the community verified and found total lies
  • Redesign the forums to hide negative feedback
  • Ban a ton of people
So don't worry, I'm sure that PGI will get right on their response!

149 pages in one day. If you're reading this a week from now, you are probably doing so in K-Town.

Edited by Victor Morson, 14 December 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#2951 JDH4mm3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

Edited because the previous quoted post changed.

meh

Edited by JDH4mm3r, 14 December 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#2952 DeathsStalker

Rookie

• 9 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

really? I got angry and despised the warframe devs for doing this once, but at least they accepted their wrong doings, sorry PGI but REALLY? WTF

#2953 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

I can't justify the package while we are stuck in two games modes. The modes we have should be practice ones for the main event that should be CW. Also how can the clans be coming just to do random assault matches, they may as well not bother invading as they can do the same at home ;)

So much was promised and we're still waiting. This pack is, IMHO, just a more pricey phoenix one with a new look. I can't see how this is going to move the game on.

If they don't push all the features that we need, not just want, the I can't see me considering any monetary purchases. CW should really have been running for at least 3 to 6 months before any clan mechs are even considered to appear in the game.

However, I am keen to see how the gold mechs in the game work when they drop onto toura, the sun (lighting) shines down on them and the reflection should light them up like a beacon :ph34r:

#2954 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

So... uh... content yeah? Where is it? Part of the big kicker to the Phoenix package were the loyalty points. Loyalty points to a game mode that I doubt has even entered the pseudo code stages.

Which means I dropped $80 on a package that is incomplete before you announced, as you were, started to sell the next package.

So Community Warfare yeah? How about some concrete data, check or hold?

This game is starting to smell like KY and Hate.

#2955 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

View PostPilotasso, on 14 December 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

A single mech costing 5 times the Legendary pack 2 years after and so little content added and bug fixing at the level of an Alpha.

Highly Unreasonable.

Not touching this with a 10 foot pole. Sorry PGI

Exactly. They're wanting more than double (i go big or go home) of what I have already pledged (120(founders)+80(phoenix)+30(sabre pack) = $230) and there isn't anything in the game yet to back it up this time. Too soon PGI!. Sorry!

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 14 December 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#2956 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

View PostVictor Morson, on 14 December 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

You know I do have to give PGI credit.

After people's disgust with Ghost Heat burned out most the rioters..
After 3PV burned out twice that number..

.. I thought they had nowhere left to go, and no demographic left to **** off that was left. Then they go and do something so nuts even their strongest supporters are now rioting.

Bravo. I underestimated "Rock bottom."

Just like Rob Ford.

First, it was just crack. Then it was soft **** comments regarding employees andhis wife and eating enough. Then it got worse when he actually managed to swear infront of a room full of 5 year olds.

and now there's rumours of heroin.

I think I've figured it out. Rob Ford owns PGI, and that's why things are as they are.

#2957 Khan Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostDeathsStalker, on 14 December 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

No they won't. This is about more than the prices of this Package and the ridiculous Gold Mechs, this is about undelivered promises now. This is about PGI making good on everything they said BEFORE the release the Clans.

#2958 Pilotasso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 365 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Ill add even more, this pricing is a hostile move against casual gamers like myself. Only the die hards will pay such amount.

Not good. Seriouly Im staying out, I cant even afford this even if I wanted too. Good luck.

#2959 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

View PostVictor Morson, on 14 December 2013 - 12:16 PM, said:

149 pages in one day. If you're reading this a week from now, you are probably doing so in K-Town.

Actually there are numerous sub-threads along the same lines. I bet (not an actual count) it is more like triple what is here, if not more.

#2960 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

You know what? Not one gameplay thing has been added since consumables.

Networking changes, check.
Balance changes that ANYONE reading this could replicate in 5 minutes, check.
Maps, slow going but check
Models & mechs, check check and check.
Small niche side projects, check (Thank you for being a Dev that does his job Thomas)
The rest of gameplay....

What, they moved the spawn points, screwed with the Gauss Rifle and.....? What a herculean feat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users