When Clans arrive, will you change?

416 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you join the Clans? (1098 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you join the Clans?

1. Voted Yes (511 votes [46.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.54%

2. Voted No (396 votes [36.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.07%

3. Voted Depends (please say what it depends on) (191 votes [17.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Zaron

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:13 PM

It depends on what it takes to get my hands on clan tech. If I can buy clan tech from somewhere, or salvage it from battle, and stay with house Davion, I will. I don't like the clan mentality. However, one of my favorite setups in MW4 Mercs was a Supernova bristling with Clan ER PPCs, heatsinks, and coolant pods, and I will do what it takes to obtain the same/similar setup in MWO.

Edited by Zaron, 17 June 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#42 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Im with the Jaime's Dragoons ... we only switch sides for money.

#43 Lethal Joke

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWith the Regiment

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostKANE LIVES, on 17 June 2012 - 02:02 PM, said:

SCREW DA CLANNERS!
Only in the Lyran Alliace do you get pre-battle parties, mid-battle parties and post-battle parties.

Yeah, but the parties are always so stuck up. You need serious dough or one hell of a position.

I'm a merc. Blood for money.
Clanners don't pay. Therefore they are the targets of contracts, and nothing more.

#44 sirjackinthebox

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 70 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

If i could stay loyal to House Davion and own a clan mech i'd do that but i don't think id change sides just for the tech, but then looking at where the game could turn for the worse, if it comes down to Clan mechs being a dominant turn on the field do to game mechanics and losers all turning to them, yeah id be forced to go clan just to keep on par with the other "500" people using them... I've seen where this can go in WoT and it wont be pretty but we will see if Parahna can pull this off...

#45 CCC Dober

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,881 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

View PostLethal Joke, on 18 June 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

Clanners don't pay. Therefore they are the targets of contracts, and nothing more.

They do it in their own way (Omni Mechs, blood name, fame/remembrance). The IS makes you worry a lot about the small details and keeps you from reaching your potential. The brightest and the rich may not have such problems, but the rest seem to struggle a lot just to stay ahead of loan sharks. If you are up to real challenges, you can't skip the Clans at all. They've got plenty of trials to scare most average players stiff and then some. Especially if the opponents are not the average 'warrior' of the Inner Sphere, but something much more deadly and refined. Past titles however have shown that the Clan technnology has attracted a different, rather exploitive mindset and that really hurts the Clan's reputation and playability. If tech is all they got going for them and nobody bothers to heed the code of honor when picking them (that includes bidding to level the playing field), then they are hollow and dead on arrival. It's not just a treasure chest that people can plunder at will or a boogey man to put all the blame on. It's a whole different way to play the game and with concepts that appear alien on the outside. As I said before, the Clans do pay, but the currency is different.

Edited by CCC Dober, 18 June 2012 - 10:07 PM.

#46 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

I've been waiting to play Clan Wolf again since MW2, I'm sick and tired of playing a merc.

#47 Xtron2112

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

If I can get a Dire Wolf while staying a merc, I will be very, very happy! If not, guess I'll go Clan.

#48 Chef Kooker

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 18 posts
  • Locationswe

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:45 AM

I want to take a Mad Cat for a spin on the street, i'm even willing to betray my people for it, wait can't i be a spy. Yes i'm a spy taking my Mad Cat for a spin.

So yes maybe i will change maybe not. But the temptation of double PCC and good old fashion LRMs with decent speed and sexy look, how can you not desire a baby like that :blink:

#49 Asterisk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 107 posts
  • LocationVandenberg AFB, CA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

Started out playing Clans, way back when. As soon as they give me the option to climb back into the cockpit of my Thor or Vulture? Count on it!

#50 Sargt

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationAbout two miles past the edge of the world

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

Yes. yes I will. For Clan Nova Cat!

#51 OfTheDark

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOh...you know...

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Clan Blood Spirit for me...still hoping we get our own group, even though we are not in the invasion...

Why? Well a vulture is a dangerous bird...but a Mad Dog is much deadlier :)

#52 ripper vtol

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 18 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTucson,AZ

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Clan wolf warden from the start :) Davion is as close as i can get for now, but i cant wait to get in my Summoner again :blink:

#53 Halfbot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationFort Bragg, NC

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

The Jade Falcon Summoner will be my tool of destruction against all the Freeborn scum.

#54 Rajen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

I for one will not join the Clans when they come...Wardens should join US, and Crusaders better beware!

I for one will not join the Clans when they come...Wardens should join US, and Crusaders better beware!

#55 Alexandr Britten

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • LocationElizabethtown, PA - USA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:22 PM

It probably depends more on how much fun I'm having in the faction I am in (most likely DCMS) and what you have to give up to become a Clanner. I plan to buy the Founders Pack (probably Legendary) this payday (Friday)... so if I have to give up the four Founders mechs, that would certainly be a consideration. I would hope they offer some compensation if, as a paying Founder, you chose to become vat-born, quiaff? I will only choose Clans if Clan Nova Cat is a playable faction. If not, I will probably stay with DCMS (depending on my enjoyment).

Oh yeah, and I hope to pilot a Shadowcat and/or Warhawk, if available. I have little doubt the Warhawk will be available at some point, but the Shadowcat is questionable (but I believe most who will play Clan would vote for it as an important multi-purpose Omni - mainly scout, attack, countermeasures depending on the loadout). I will not question that both are min/max mechs, and somewhat munchkin. But then, the batchall can 'fix' that by removing BV.

I am wondering if/when they open up the Clans, what process determines selection.

Edited by Alexandr Britten, 19 June 2012 - 04:26 PM.

#56 chappy

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

kind of a pointless thread really. given the very reasons u list in ur OP.
we dont even know if we can join them or they will actually arrive at all. (theres a lot leeway in development once a game has released, in terms of what is promised and what is delivered in my experience)

#57 kimorsen

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Ever since the MW2 I am a Clanner at heart and will certainly join them (Clan Wolf perhaps) if there will be such option. It won't however be for superior tech, but for the valor and honor of the Clans. You are a MechWarrior in your heart not in your armor. Playing for the Clans again would be a dream come true for me. We'll retake Terra or die trying. The glory awaits!

#58 Rummy Kegstealer

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:43 AM

I will stay true to my Merc unit. Don't mean ill not use clan tech.

#59 Precentor_Apollyon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 191 posts
  • LocationNürnberg

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:23 AM

I voted "Yes", but not because i am attracted to overpowered clan omni mechs. It is an ideological decision, the clans are the best thing that could happen to the inner sphere. I want to be a part of nicholas kerenskys vision of a reunited inner sphere under the holy banner of the true star league. I will play MWO until a jade falcon Ilkhan rules the galaxy.

#60 Logan Doyle

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationTundra

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

Yep sure will.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users