When Clans arrive, will you change?

416 replies to this topic

Poll: WIll you join the Clans? (1098 member(s) have cast votes)

Will you join the Clans?

1. Voted Yes (511 votes [46.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.54%

2. Voted No (396 votes [36.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.07%

3. Voted Depends (please say what it depends on) (191 votes [17.40%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.40%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 NotASecretAce

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:30 AM

It depends on if I can buy clan mechs as a MERC. :D

#62 CKell

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationNY, NY

Posted 20 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

For me it depends on how clans are implemented, if their more RP based with Zellbrigen, ToPs etc then it's of some interest. If it is just for a tech advantage, no thanks - would rather stick to a merc unit.

#63 Blue Shadow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 322 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Depends: I'll join any faction to pilot a Shadow Cat or Timberwolf, but I do like the FRR so I'd stay with them or a merc unit if I had access to clan mechs... It would be cool if the mercs and IS had access to a black market for clan tech.

#64 mastergenera1

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:16 AM

my fleet from STO is going to make a merc group,and our leader has always and will(if possible)declare allegiance to the clans when the clans come out.

#65 OperationExodus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:19 AM

whatever it takes to get a mad dog.

#66 Monoc

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 57 posts
  • LocationWhat?

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

View PostBarlourd, on 17 June 2012 - 01:27 PM, said:

If I cannot stay with my house and get the Vulture, I will be sorely tempted to switch.

Agreed, plus the Cauldron Born :D

#67 InADaze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

If I switch to the Clans it won't be for the tech. I like the lore. I have a feeling anyone staying in the inner sphere would say the same.

#68 C0VVB3LL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

I want to take advantage of clan tech but remain an IS free-birth toad merc.

#69 JackCrow

• PipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 95 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 20 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

Aff.

All the purist moaning about clan tech just demonstrates that the inner sphere needed liberating/subjugating.

#70 Joanna Conners

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationEn Route to Terra

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'm honestly not sure if I'd switch or not. I love the lore of the mercs, but I adore the Clans as well. I think it'll depend on what is made available to us, the circumstances, the mechanics and the people I play with in my unit.

#71 JHare

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

I'm gonna try to make a point of hunting clan mechs using IS only designs.

If I'm as good as my ego says I will be, I'm gonna hunt clan designs using stock IS mechs

#72 Sable

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 924 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

I'll probably stay a Freebirth Merc and buy my clan tech from the black market... no need to switch sides for that. As for buffing and nerfing i don't think you guys understand this isn't a traditional MMO with set classes or powersets. The weapons have specifications (heat, ammo, recycle times, and weights). I don't imagine them changing those factors from the original mechwarrior games or the table top rules on a regular basis. Its kind of a understood standard how each weapon functions with all of the variables. Changing one weapon wouldn't just effect how that weapon performs but would drastically effect entire variants. Clan tech's downside is that its rare and expensive to purchase and maintain for the inner sphere pilots. The only thing i ever see them adjusting or tweaking would be pilot skills or income and xp with different mech classes. The outcome of five assault mechs vs 10 light mechs is still going to most likely end with the assaults winning. I don't know anything about the match ups but there are obvious advantages for more weapons and armor vs less weapons and less armor.

#73 Jimmy the Tulip

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

I said Depends. If the Diamond Sharks are represented (when the reserve Clans arrive) then I would be sorely tempted to defect.
Also, if there is a means to change your affiliation in-game and I'm taken as a bondsman, I would love to test out for a Frrebirth Warrior position.

#74 CommanderOSIS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:20 PM

I was in clan cloud cobra when I was 13 on msn gaming zone. I want my kodiak back.

#75 Braedin

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:21 PM

of course i will change. i will change my normal weapons out for er versions :) and continue to whup clanners like step children :)

#76 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Meh, too many people join to get the mech they want.

I really hope that the devs will build in some harsh punishments for dishonorable play.

#77 Negoksa

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 27 posts
  • LocationU.S. - Pacific NW

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'm going to say it depends. Mostly on Friends staying with the Inner Sphere and what not. I'm hoping (and staying optimistic) that Inner Sphere players could use clan tech for an increased cost or something similar. I'd love a Timber Wolf, but really don't want to join the clans unless it can't be helped.

#78 Iron Horse

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • LocationIjima, Xinyang; Benjamin Military District, DC (IRL: Inglewood, CA)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Playing in a Clan should be like playing in hardcore mode. Outnumbered, but not outgunned, with positive outcomes coming from superior equipment and pilot skills. If this is doe right, there may not even be a need for zellbrigen and batchall.

#79 Kvidar

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 48 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

Why "go clanner" when I can simply cockpit some vatborn out of his vulture and strap it to my salvage track for later use.

#80 Sargt

Rookie

• 3 posts
  • LocationAbout two miles past the edge of the world

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Even if it is not meant to be roleplayed out the clans are not truely clans without their codes of honor and battle. I for one will join regardless of the others reasons for joining. For the glory of the blood of Kerensky!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users