#141 xhrit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 976 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation Zone

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:26 PM

View PostSandpit, on 08 January 2014 - 09:47 AM, said:

You do realize this is the exact game mode players were asking for right? So now it's blame PGI because the exact same thing we predicted could happen does happen? Not to mention I have yet to have a skirmish match end in anything other than by death. Have yet to see one go to time limit.

So all those mechs that are left at the end should just line up and shout out their coordinates so you can come shoot them?

Twice again last night. It normally happens when I am solo - when I am with a premade, I get carried. Anyways both times last night people on my team were giving away my position, so I could not get much done besides staying alive. Sad part is pretty much every time I get my location called out it is by someone with a lower score.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#142 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostDozier, on 07 January 2014 - 09:25 PM, said:

I have probably played a min 100 matches on this mode. Only one match resulted in some azzhat powering down. With BAP it only took about a min to put him to rest. And I watch for players on my team looking to do it watching their locations. You do it, Ill tell on your azz where you are.

The only person who will get in trouble is you Dozier, you wanna get banned from the game that's your choice however PGI has already said that if you have engaged the enemy (done damage) then playing hide and seek is perfectly within the rules they have laid out. What your doing is this-................

Team Treason
Treasonous provision of information to enemy combatants, also known as "bird-doging" is forbidden. This involves a player using the in-game chat to provide the enemy team with the locations of their own team mates. While we appreciate that some players may wish to have a round end early by calling out the location of an AFK team-mate, the risk that this could be used against an active participant of the match to deny them the use of cover and movement makes this a form of a griefing. You may declare a teammate AFK but not their coordinates or position.
If you cannot handle being in a drop for 15 minutes I suggest you un-install MWO and go play some COD.

Edited by Slepnir, 09 January 2014 - 02:04 AM.

#143 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:44 AM

The "ban" for relaying the position of a mech that's hiding is pretty trivial... MAYBE a day.

If you run off and hide to try and accomplish nothing but preventing your own death, then I'm going to tell folks where to go to kill you. I have no desire to facilitate your cowardice.

Please feel free to report me if I do this. I don't really care.

#144 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 09 January 2014 - 07:36 AM

View PostRoland, on 09 January 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

The "ban" for relaying the position of a mech that's hiding is pretty trivial... MAYBE a day.

If you run off and hide to try and accomplish nothing but preventing your own death, then I'm going to tell folks where to go to kill you. I have no desire to facilitate your cowardice.

Please feel free to report me if I do this. I don't really care.

Actually I believe its a week for the first round of punishment and goes up from there all the way to a complete IP ban/account delete. If your so impatient that you cannot wait for the 15 minute drop to be over then your playing the wrong game. since I am assuming you have not magically learned how to read minds you don't know what the last player is planning and since you already in the dead position its not your place to decide it. However if I see you doing it, I am certain I and many others will be glad to report you so that we may assist you In finding new gaming opportunities elsewhere.

#145 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 09 January 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

Actually I believe its a week for the first round of punishment and goes up from there all the way to a complete IP ban/account delete.

Oh really? Upon what are you basing this belief?

View PostSlepnir, on 09 January 2014 - 07:36 AM, said:

If your so impatient that you cannot wait for the 15 minute drop to be over then your playing the wrong game. since I am assuming you have not magically learned how to read minds you don't know what the last player is planning and since you already in the dead position its not your place to decide it. However if I see you doing it, I am certain I and many others will be glad to report you so that we may assist you In finding new gaming opportunities elsewhere.

For me, I honestly don't have any trouble waiting 15 minutes. I've suggested multiple times that the games actually need to be lengthened.

For me, the reason I will report on some guy who is hiding like a coward is because the guy's cowardice was a detriment to my team. He should have been fighting instead of running away to hide... especially since actually running off and hiding generally means that he wasn't even on the scene when his last teammate went down. He had already disengaged and just left his teammate to die... and for what? He gains literally NOTHING for hiding. Dying has ZERO cost in this game... so being a coward doesn't serve any purpose.

Honestly, this doesn't happen much at all.. I've seen it happen once or twice.. and in both cases, OpFOR found the guy anyway.

But sorry, I got no reason to support some {Dezgra} coward hiding with his mech shut down. It's not legitimate gameplay. It serves no purpose for anyone, not even the coward pilot.

#146 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

View PostRoland, on 09 January 2014 - 08:02 AM, said:

Oh really? Upon what are you basing this belief?

For me, I honestly don't have any trouble waiting 15 minutes. I've suggested multiple times that the games actually need to be lengthened.

For me, the reason I will report on some guy who is hiding like a coward is because the guy's cowardice was a detriment to my team. He should have been fighting instead of running away to hide... especially since actually running off and hiding generally means that he wasn't even on the scene when his last teammate went down. He had already disengaged and just left his teammate to die... and for what? He gains literally NOTHING for hiding. Dying has ZERO cost in this game... so being a coward doesn't serve any purpose.

Honestly, this doesn't happen much at all.. I've seen it happen once or twice.. and in both cases, OpFOR found the guy anyway.

But sorry, I got no reason to support some {Dezgra} coward hiding with his mech shut down. It's not legitimate gameplay. It serves no purpose for anyone, not even the coward pilot.

Standard military tactics when outnumbered and out-gunned are to retreat & re-group. the smartest thing a light can do in a skirmish game when his team has fallen is to run away, and attempt to isolate individual enemies for killing.

Running headlong into the enemy team after your team is dead and dying is just stupid, not bravery.

Not that this QQ was unexpected. Go play assault if you don't like it or can't handle it.

PGI should add running out of bounds as a "retreat" option, instead of blowing your mech up, this would help resolve this "issue"

The "issue" being fools who play skirmish and then cry when a perfectly acceptable tactic is applied.

Edited by Colonel Pada Vinson, 09 January 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#147 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 09 January 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

You are a fool if you think running and hiding and hunting for engagements is cowardice.

Ah, but I don't think that.
If you disengage in order to continually fight the enemy on your own terms, THAT IS COOL. I'm absolutely in support of that.

What is cowardice is just running off to hide and shutting down, with no intention of fighting.

#148 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostRoland, on 09 January 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Ah, but I don't think that.
If you disengage in order to continually fight the enemy on your own terms, THAT IS COOL. I'm absolutely in support of that.

What is cowardice is just running off to hide and shutting down, with no intention of fighting.

ok thanks for clarifying :)

I agree people just running off and shutting down is lame.

#149 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

If there were a way for the last player to surrender without dying, it might solve this problem completely. I propose an eject button.

#150 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 09 January 2014 - 09:01 AM, said:

ok thanks for clarifying :) I agree people just running off and shutting down is lame.

Yup, totally agree. If you run off and shut down or even just avoid engaging on Skirmish, you should just quit the game.

If you are a light mech with a couple ER Large Lasers and continually ambushing the opposition, scoring damage and maybe even kills...more power to you, that's what you are supposed to do.

#151 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 09 January 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

If there were a way for the last player to surrender without dying, it might solve this problem completely. I propose an eject button.

It's called escape and leave the game. It's really not that complicated.

#152 Ngamok

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostRhent, on 18 December 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

Got to admit, putting in a game mode where you can have 1 fast ECM mech vs 5 heavy/assaults and then have no way for the heavies/assaults to win the game and have to wait for a Time Out is possibly a poor thought out game mode.

I've already dealt with this on Skirmish a few times and its not exactly fun being forced to lumber around for 8 minutes while a light mech just runs around and doesn't engage. Skirmish needs this:

In the event there is 1 vs 4+ left, and there has been no weapon damage done in the last 30 seconds, the game automatically ends and the team with the most numbers win. It would prevent the light mech from griefing everyone, including his own team to make them sit out playing the game for 10 minutes. So at the very least, the light mech would have to do some kind of damage every 30 seconds to keep the game going. Eventually he's going to explode.

Of course if Piranha's intent was to grief the playerbase, then by all means keep Skirmish as it currently stands.

While I like your idea of doing damage to keep the game going, all it will do is make ER LL Ravens and Spiders keep hitting you at max range each time to avoid that.

View PostSandpit, on 18 December 2013 - 07:08 PM, said:

Posted Image

My god I miss this show. One of the funniest and longest running live action sitcoms ever.

#153 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 09 January 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Isn't that counted as a death? There are some people who are too scared to die in this game so they don't do that.

#154 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

Got to admit, putting in a game mode where you can have 1 fast ECM mech vs 5 heavy/assaults and then have no way for the heavies/assaults to win the game and have to wait for a Time Out is possibly a poor thought out game mode.

I've already dealt with this on Skirmish a few times and its not exactly fun being forced to lumber around for 8 minutes while a light mech just runs around and doesn't engage. Skirmish needs this:

In the event there is 1 vs 4+ left, and there has been no weapon damage done in the last 30 seconds, the game automatically ends and the team with the most numbers win. It would prevent the light mech from griefing everyone, including his own team to make them sit out playing the game for 10 minutes. So at the very least, the light mech would have to do some kind of damage every 30 seconds to keep the game going. Eventually he's going to explode.

Of course if Piranha's intent was to grief the playerbase, then by all means keep Skirmish as it currently stands.

It would also prevent the light mech from separating one of the lolssults away from his blobmates so the light mech can put up a decent fight and not just be a snack treat for the slavering killhunters.
You wanted skirmish kill all mode, now get to it.

View Postslide, on 18 December 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

If people ask for a dumb game mode, you'll get dumb results.

The only thing skirmish mode achieves is to placate those that want to kill, kill, kill.

How long will it be before the only thing you see in that game mode is Heavy and more likely Assaullts only?

It mostly is already I've seen. So many heavy/assault mechs it's not even funny.

#155 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

It's a minor issue in exchange for a long awaited and requested drop mode. PGI is watching it as they said in Devlog1. If there is any rebalancing needed they will address it.

If a light is the last man standing and has the ability to fightback, let him. A griefer in a light, hiding with ecm at the end of a match just to soak up 3 minutes will happen but only very seldom. Griefers have better ways to mess with you.

#156 Grickshaft

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

i have thought about this and, possibly proposing after a certain time (or at the start) the map starts to shrink in by 100 meters each minute or something like that

#157 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:13 PM

View Postkamiko kross, on 09 January 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

It mostly is already I've seen. So many heavy/assault mechs it's not even funny.

I actually see more medium mechs in Skirmish than any other game mode.

#158 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 09 January 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

It's a minor issue in exchange for a long awaited and requested drop mode. PGI is watching it as they said in Devlog1. If there is any rebalancing needed they will address it.

Wow, so no problem then, as this dev team has masterfully balanced the mechs and weapons so well. :)

#159 Tannhauser Gate

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 09 January 2014 - 01:05 PM, said:

Wow, so no problem then, as this dev team has masterfully balanced the mechs and weapons so well. :)

Takes time. MWO is still beta imo and I think no one will argue that it is missing major content and balancing that a fully released game would have. I have no illusions about the state of the game. Its -not- a fully developed game with quality issues from incompetent devs. It -is- a game that is barely past minimum viable product that has yet to be fully balanced, missing major content, from devs who imo are doing a good job despite setbacks and other issues. The fact that people complain like its the end of the world and that the devs are somehow nosediving the game is idiocy. We should talk again in a year or two when the content and balance is in the game.. as was the plan.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 09 January 2014 - 02:11 PM.

#160 xhrit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 976 posts
  • LocationClan Occupation Zone

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 09 January 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

Worthless advice. That does not end the game. the only thing it does is force the other team to search for a powered down mech who's pilot is not even in-game.

View Postkamiko kross, on 09 January 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

It would also prevent the light mech from separating one of the lolssults away from his blobmates so the light mech can put up a decent fight and not just be a snack treat for the slavering killhunters.

Thought it was going to happen again last night - 10 min left on the clock, score 1 to 11. I spent 8 minutes running away, as angry nubs on my team was once again giving away my location. The other side finally managed to kill me, but not before I took down 3 of them. I ended the game with most kills, most damage, and highest score, on my side.

Q: Why don't you just die?
A: Because I'm not a suicidal {Dezgra} like you?

Seriously. How about you {Surat} who are complaining that I don't die fast enough, learn to play? Good players know how to stay alive. Bad players charge in and die. Stop being bad and you won't have an issue with me being the last one left alive.

Edited by xhrit, 09 January 2014 - 02:38 PM.

83 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 83 guests, 0 anonymous users