24 replies to this topic

#1 Meta 2013

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNorth Eastern US

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:18 PM

For months and months people have complained. I was one of those, and when I complained. People came up with all kinds of excuses ... mostly that I had no clue. Well .... enough, I've spent a good pile of money on this game, and even when they "fix" something... it still amounts to nothing. 10% of nothing is still nothing.

I just finished a match where a spyder stood still and shot at me( he also over heated once) ...this allowed me to shoot back ... 4 times hit his front with 2 ERlarge lasers ( that's not including the numerous passing shots when he was circling) ... and then he killed me. I was in a stalker.

So what is the real damage ratio .... how may points have to hit before 1 point of damage registers.

What is the Magical Buff you have given them so people will play them. 3 to 1, 4 to 1,?

its one thing to get death circled, but the guy was just standing still ....any other mech would have gone down with the damage it already had...but not the magical spyder.

Well it does not matter. I Was truly hoping this game would at least be decent, but the fixes are horrible, and the fun of it just keeps slipping away. The matcher maker is a true joke. So many matches where one team has 1 heavy and everything else is lights or medium, and the other team has 3 atlas and a highlander, and at least 3 heavies. Total mismatch. What fun is that? Some will try and say it's a challenge ... ahhh no not When 4 or 5 of them are in Trail Mechs. Its just a 12 to 0 roll ... can only play so many of those before the sour taste stays.

The Game will add a lot of stuff ... but it will never have balance, just ***** nerfs like ghost heat.

Seriously, Folks ... these guys cannot even balance inner sphere mechs ... how are they ever going to pull off clan mechs without neutering them or add more brilliant ideas like ghost heat.

Guass and ER PPC ..waste... Even just 2 erppcs on an assault mech cannot be made heat neutral. That right there, says it all ... How can you run an Awesome with only 2 ppc's for total weapons and Not be heat neutral or damn close.

The game is at the point now where if they don't add some new talent that knows how to balance this type of game, community warfare will kill it off. NOT CW itself, but when all the players come back for it, and then realize the game play itself still lacks the basics of balance, that is not achieved with smoke and mirrors they will be off to spend money on star citizen or something else.

I see no new mech package for me. I've spent my last dollar here.

#2 Alex Warden

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts
  • Location...straying in the Inner Sphere...

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

i don´t count anymore how many spiders i oneshotted lately... they are by far not that "immortal" as they used to be anymore... maybe something wrong on your side or what ever... *shrug*

as for PPC´s ... i run a combination of ERPPC and PPC alot lately... they are not supposed to be heatneutral at all, but they aren´t as bad either (my Battlemaster ER/PPC 2AC5 runs at around 1.5 HE, and thats very well manageable...) 2ERPPC´s okay, i agree, too hot for my taste...

Edited by Alex Warden, 18 December 2013 - 11:34 PM.

#3 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostAlex Warden, on 18 December 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

i don´t count anymore how many spiders i oneshotted lately... they are by far not that "immortal" as they used to be anymore... maybe something wrong on your side or what ever... *shrug*

as for PPC´s ... i run a combination of ERPPC and PPC alot lately... they are not supposed to be heatneutral at all, but they aren´t as bad either... 2ERPPC´s okay, i agree, too hot for my taste...

You one shot spiders all the time? Wow you deserve a special award.

In my ctf-3d i one shot locusts and commandos all the time. A locust i can alpha strike with two ppcs and two ac5's easily right in his front chest from far away and hes downed. For example poptarting over pass on crimson straight while hes standing on epsilon lol. But i've never once one shot killed a spider. in fact, they are very hard to take down, alpha after alpha. Only chance is try and leg him in my atlas with large lasers...and then spam ac20s on him till he eventually dies.

Edited by RichAC, 18 December 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#4 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:38 PM

View PostRichAC, on 18 December 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

You one shot spiders all the time? Wow you deserve a special award.

In my ctf-3d i one shot locusts and commandos all the time. A locust i can even alpha strike with two ppcs and two ac5's easily in his chest and hes down. many times. But i've never once one shot a spider. in fact, they are very hard to take down, alpha after apha. Only chance is try and leg him when i'n anohter mech with lasers...and then spam ac20s on him haha.

not saying always, but very often lately... alone twice today , frontal shot with PPC and ac20, and the other one right into the back... the most funny was last week, jumped over a building right into my crosshair ...soo funny ;) gotta admit, a locust is laughably easy compared to spiders, but anyway...

might be that the one or the other was damaged already, but that´s not the point here...just the fact that they can be hit very well

Edited by Alex Warden, 18 December 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#5 RichAC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 661 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:40 PM

View PostAlex Warden, on 18 December 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

not saying always, but very often lately... alone twice today , frontal shot with PPC and ac20, and the other one right into the back... gotta admit, a locust is laughably easy compared to spiders, but anyway...

wow. commandos are easy one shots too alot of times. can't remember about raven or jenner, but I never once did it with a spider. what mech you using, highlander?

Edited by RichAC, 18 December 2013 - 11:43 PM.

#6 Alex Warden

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 11:44 PM

View PostRichAC, on 18 December 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

wow. commandos are easy one shots too alot of times. I never once did it with a spider. what mech you using, highlander?

yea mainly HGN, Battlemaster and my lovely little Cat K2 with only 1 ac20 and 1 erppc... mobile, agile and hardhitting (i prefere that one tbh, the wepon mounts are very tight ) ;)

but sure, you have to wait (or get the luck) for the right moment, it´s not that i always kill them on sight ;)

Edited by Alex Warden, 18 December 2013 - 11:49 PM.

#7 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:37 AM

View PostAlex Warden, on 18 December 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

as for PPC´s ... i run a combination of ERPPC and PPC alot lately... they are not supposed to be heatneutral at all, but they aren´t as bad either (my Battlemaster ER/PPC 2AC5 runs at around 1.5 HE, and thats very well manageable...) 2ERPPC´s okay, i agree, too hot for my taste...

On the flip side I have lost count of the spiders that I see shrug off damage that would cripple any other light or medium mech.If you have not ever seen a Spider soak a 40 point alpha while shut down and power up and toddle off then you are missing one of the true joys of MWo.

I have that exact same Battlemaster well close enough I also have pair of small lasers.

I am however finding ER-PPCs a beast to get to function at any level of efficency on a 55 ton chassis.I have two wolverines.

A 6R with AC 10 medium laser and 3x SSRM2 10 DHS works awesome heat is breezy to manage

A 7k with ER-PPC,medium laser,3X SSRM2 16 DHS has no staying power can't even come close to the brawl potential of the AC 10 on the 6R.Six additional double heat sinks and I can't get this mech to stay powered up for 5 shots.

#8 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:55 AM

View PostMeta 2013, on 18 December 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

The matcher maker is a true joke...

Seriously, Folks ... these guys cannot even balance inner sphere mechs ... how are they ever going to pull off clan mechs without neutering them or add more brilliant ideas like ghost heat.

I've spent my last dollar here.

Agreed....
It seems that the old problems are stille here (hit registration, poor matchmaker and no Ui2.0 with tonnage limits....).

And here is a nice example for the tonnage unbalance. I made this screenshot yesterday....
Posted Image

#9 Lord Perversor

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,815 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in New Aragon

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 19 December 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

Agreed....
It seems that the old problems are stille here (hit registration, poor matchmaker and no Ui2.0 with tonnage limits....).

And here is a nice example for the tonnage unbalance. I made this screenshot yesterday....
Posted Image

Watch Red Team Alpha and Beta lances.. Now watch Blue team Alpha and Beta lances.. can you spot a recurring theme?

Match making works to an extent but it's those 16 ppl dropping in premade and chosing any mech they wish who screw the matchmaker, wich after XX time is forced to put them in a Match with as much Vs another premade.. if the Other premade goes the Derpassault route you can get even team.

And this will keep this way until weight limits are added.

#10 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:14 AM

View PostSnowhawk, on 19 December 2013 - 02:55 AM, said:

Agreed....

Posted Image

LOL From the look of it there are 4 4mans in that match. You are expecting a "balanced" fight in that situation? Folks You get what you get. We are playing a "Combat" game. Not a Football game. You Faced the 10th Lyran Guard with some Mercs.

The 2 Lyran Lances are what you would face when dropping against the 10th. You didn't know they would be on planet when you raided. Intel sucks, Bad intel Sucks more. Take your beating and move on without any cost to you but a bruise on your ego.

#11 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:19 AM

@ Lord Perversor/ Joseph Mallan

We, the FRR's, were not premades... maybe it looks like but this was coincidence. There is no fun if pugs and one Davion premade team were thrown against aussault premades.

#12 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:21 AM

Just wait tell 2-11 can drop against pugs soon.

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

#13 Darzok

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:39 AM

The Spider is still broken the other day in my X5 a spider beat me stood still shooting a ONLY a ML why my 4 SPL and 2 SRM2 unloaded in his chest doing over 100 damage i was twisting to spread his damage and i lost WTF is with the hitbox on the spider still.

Thats not the only time on my FB i hit a spider twice with double PPC's at around 300m first time was a ST hit after that he turned to look where the hit came from allowing me to wack him in the CT with that he just runs out as if i did nothing at all.

I do that to any other light apart form maybe a max armor jenner and bang crippled it yet spiders still seem to have this lag shield even after the fix.

#14 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 04:52 AM

This record is broken!

#15 Silentium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 629 posts
  • LocationA fortified bunker in the mojave desert.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:01 AM

Mmmmm, I can smell the cake already.

#16 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

View PostMeta 2013, on 18 December 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

For months and months people have complained. I was one of those, and when I complained. People came up with all kinds of excuses ... mostly that I had no clue. Well .... enough, I've spent a good pile of money on this game, and even when they "fix" something... it still amounts to nothing. 10% of nothing is still nothing.

I just finished a match where a spyder stood still and shot at me( he also over heated once) ...this allowed me to shoot back ... 4 times hit his front with 2 ERlarge lasers ( that's not including the numerous passing shots when he was circling) ... and then he killed me. I was in a stalker.

So what is the real damage ratio .... how may points have to hit before 1 point of damage registers.

What is the Magical Buff you have given them so people will play them. 3 to 1, 4 to 1,?

its one thing to get death circled, but the guy was just standing still ....any other mech would have gone down with the damage it already had...but not the magical spyder.

Well it does not matter. I Was truly hoping this game would at least be decent, but the fixes are horrible, and the fun of it just keeps slipping away. The matcher maker is a true joke. So many matches where one team has 1 heavy and everything else is lights or medium, and the other team has 3 atlas and a highlander, and at least 3 heavies. Total mismatch. What fun is that? Some will try and say it's a challenge ... ahhh no not When 4 or 5 of them are in Trail Mechs. Its just a 12 to 0 roll ... can only play so many of those before the sour taste stays.

The Game will add a lot of stuff ... but it will never have balance, just ***** nerfs like ghost heat.

Guass and ER PPC ..waste... Even just 2 erppcs on an assault mech cannot be made heat neutral. That right there, says it all ... How can you run an Awesome with only 2 ppc's for total weapons and Not be heat neutral or damn close.

The game is at the point now where if they don't add some new talent that knows how to balance this type of game, community warfare will kill it off. NOT CW itself, but when all the players come back for it, and then realize the game play itself still lacks the basics of balance, that is not achieved with smoke and mirrors they will be off to spend money on star citizen or something else.

I see no new mech package for me. I've spent my last dollar here.

Spiders are not the problem. Rather, they are only a symptom of it; The problem is Hit Detection and Host State Rewind. Some hits are simply not registering, which is something i've seen in the Testing Grounds where my Medium Lasers were registering different damage results between group fire and chain fire despite the same number of lasers fired.

This is a programming and network communication issue. While i can see the appeal of Star Citizen to many people, i've been participating heavily in online gaming for 20 years and not once has any game or 'ground-breaking system' been as successful as the developing entity claimed simply because there is no 'solution of absolution'. You cant plan for every problem and not every problem has an immediate solution. Spiders are not invincible and it's more likely you were the victim of bad hit detection in reference to problematic spider hit boxes.

In the end, Star Citizen, regardless of the hype (That happens time and time again) is not going to live up to the expectations both the players and development crew have initially set for it. Only time will tell, and some things take more time than others... that doesnt mean they are unworthy of your patience or a hopeless cause.

#17 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:13 AM

Not only is a spider killable, but if the other team grossly out tons your team, you can still win.

Posted Image

Edited by Belorion, 19 December 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#18 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 19 December 2013 - 05:25 AM

Spiders are fine, I've killed plenty and when using it have been one shot several times. I do pretty well most of the time but they are fast and hard to hit anyways their profile makes it hard to really concentrate your weapons in one spot and has more armor than most of the other lights. That and it has 4 machine guns and one er large laser which is a great set up.

#19 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:00 AM

What I don't get is this: For some people, Spiders seem to take a huge amount of effort to kill. However what NONE of those people ever mention is that those Spiders do tiny amounts of damage. Like really pathetic amounts. It's one thing to get rear cored by a well played mlas Jenner, but what, exactly, do you guys do while being tickled to death by a Spider? I mean, you know you have trouble fighting them, yet over the ten minutes it takes for the Spider to scratch your paint, at what point do you decide to ask for help, or plod over to the rest of your team?

#20 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 December 2013 - 06:23 AM

Just yesterday I twice downed Spiders with snap shots from my BLR's PPCs. I'm about ready to call them "Spider Hammers".

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users