• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 26 December 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Honored Members of the council,
Today we wish to join the council no longer as Darkcaste but as a Clan. Will you accept our Clan as a part of society quiaff?

As a long time player holding to Clan Blood Spirit principles, I find the desire to create any out of canon "Clan" and try to bring it into the established milieu tiresome. As the core of the Clan concept, being the only Clan named for a Human quality (the Warrior Esprit-de-Corps), the Blood Spirits, as the true holders of Nikolas Kerensky's vision, deem your efforts misplaced and think your goals would be better served by making yourselves a Merc entity holding to higher standards within the IS. That is how you will gain respect and possibly acceptance by the True Clans 10-15 years down the road in this new fiction. How about 3067 in the timeline?

In short, regarding your desire to become a new clan - No!

Same goes for Clan Black Sheep. Black Sheep Clan is okay, because that does not identify you as a canon Clan, just a player run group that considers itself a clan/Family.

I know I don't speak for the True Clans, but having played as a Clansman for so long, I believe I know the other's minds.

#22 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:02 AM

3067 timeline seems to be a bit to late for this game ..

However i always had mixed feelings about not-canon merc units and especially Clans.. So i will leave this judgement to the rest of the Clan community.

#23 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 27 December 2013 - 09:46 AM

In addition to stealing Blood Spirits coveted "CBS" designation,

Not even having some Goliath/Blood Spirit ties in their lore,

Nor having any holdings in the Pentagon worlds,

Nor having any worthy codexes,

Nor having any Bloodnames assigned to them, they cannot increase our strength.

They have nothing to offer, they are freeborn merchants at best.

#24 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

View PostTechnoviking, on 27 December 2013 - 09:46 AM, said:

In addition to stealing Blood Spirits coveted "CBS" designation,

Not even having some Goliath/Blood Spirit ties in their lore,

Nor having any holdings in the Pentagon worlds,

Nor having any worthy codexes,

Nor having any Bloodnames assigned to them, they cannot increase our strength.

They have nothing to offer, they are freeborn merchants at best.

I like the cut of your Jib!

#25 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 27 December 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Well then our founder will be held up high and our original goal will come back. We will not stoop to become mercenaries nor Clans. We are Clan Blood Scorpion first of the Black Grip Clans of the outer rim worlds beyond your Pentagon. Never again will we regard Kerensky as a revered leader, he is our enemy as it was written. Those of you who have our respect will be the only honored. The rest will be our victims.

P.S. I never wished this to be a canon Clan just small fun faction. (Oh by this way his game will never have any amount of lore as Community Warfare will never allow it).

I admire you and your clan for trying to follow RP of the clans while not following it at all. Using planets outside of clan space within canon is smart on your part. I agree with you for the most part there will be no lore within MWO since we are not part of the canon but sometimes it is still fun to do. So I support your claim for wanting to be of the clans and to tread your own path. Unfortunately I am just a grunt with no say, so my support equals very little. I think that you should look over Kerensky's ideals and why him and his forces left the Innersphere long ago on the great exodus. He is the reasons that the clans exist; all their honor, ideals, and strengths are because of him. So to be clan is to honor Kerensky.

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 27 December 2013 - 11:58 AM, said:

He is the reasons that the clans exist; all their honor, ideals, and strengths are because of him. So to be clan is to honor Kerensky.

Here i assume you are talking about Nicholas, quiaff?

We have no proper Grand Council so i wold say whoever cares about this decision shall give his vote. On the matter at hand, wheter we shall or not recognize Clan Blood Scorpion and his claim to be among us but outside Clan space, i say Aye.

#27 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 December 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

We have no proper Grand Council so i wold say whoever cares about this decision shall give his vote. On the matter at hand, wheter we shall or not recognize Clan Blood Scorpion and his claim to be among us but outside Clan space, i say Aye.

I think it's too late, he already pledged his allegiance to IS, here.

P.S. Marack Drock, I think you haste your decisions too munch. This makes it confusing even for RP. :P

#28 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:34 PM

View PostTank, on 27 December 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

I think it's too late, he already pledged his allegiance to IS, here.

P.S. Marack Drock, I think you haste your decisions too munch. This makes it confusing even for RP. :P

Wow. This is getting confusing. :blink:

#29 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:36 PM

Aff, but also Aleksandr Kerensky who started it all by leaving the Innersphere and the corruption that plagued the Star League. Both their ideals is what was the foundation that formed the clans. So ultimately to be a clan is to follow the ways of Aleksandr and Nicholas.

Possibly Marack Drock could modify his original post to state this and petition a moderator to allow for a vote within the topic and we could put to vote if we will recognize Clan Blood Scorpion as a clan.

#30 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:38 PM

View PostImperius, on 21 December 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

So much RP, I'm not sure what to even say... RP is never good for anyone. Next I'll see LARPing pics posted of you guys in boxes trying to be mechs... Smh

Who are you to judge?
Who are you to say that their rp is lame while you are both a Legendary and an Overlord buyer?
Who are you to draw a line between "cool" and "uncool" fan expression worthy of your scorn?

If you are unsure what to say, it probably means you should not say anything at all. People are allowed to be fans as they wish. RP is never good for anyone?? lol.. I say, bring on the RP! Speak like Clanner if you are one. Bring the Clan ways to life, even if just in chat, so that the game is that much more in depth and the community is that much more involved.

Naysayers can suck it.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 27 December 2013 - 12:44 PM.

#31 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 27 December 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Who are you to judge?
Who are you to say that their rp is lame while you are both a Legendary and an Overlord buyer?
Who are you to draw a line between "cool" and "uncool" fan expression worthy of your scorn?

If you are unsure what to say, it probably means you should not say anything at all. People are allowed to be fans as they wish. RP is never good for anyone?? lol.. I say, bring on the RP! Speak like Clanner if you are one. Bring the Clan ways to life, even if just in chat, so that the game is that much more in depth and the community is that much more involved.

Naysayers can suck it.

Seyla! :P

If you are a Clansman, you always speak like a Clanner, quiaff? You even speak in VOIP without using contractions, quiaff? You shall all abide by the rede of it! :blink:

#32 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:57 PM

Agreed!

I'm not a Clanner but I obviously support anyone's choice to rp as one. Clanner, House, Pirate, Merc whatever, people should RP as rich and immersed in their character (or not) as they wish. It just makes the game better for everyone.

Carry on.

#33 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostFireSlade, on 27 December 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

Aff, but also Aleksandr Kerensky who started it all by leaving the Innersphere and the corruption that plagued the Star League. Both their ideals is what was the foundation that formed the clans. So ultimately to be a clan is to follow the ways of Aleksandr and Nicholas.

Sure, what i meant was that Alexander had no idea of the new society his son will create so the Clans are technically born from Nicholas' mind.

#34 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 December 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

Sure, what i meant was that Alexander had no idea of the new society his son will create so the Clans are technically born from Nicholas' mind.

Aff... But any Wolf member would disagree with that statement. The Great Father was the one who named us, the Great Father who gave us our totem.

To say Alexandr Kerensky did not create the Clans would most likely be seen as an insult by most clanners, not only Clan Wolf, quineg?

Edited by Vincent V Kerensky, 27 December 2013 - 01:18 PM.

#35 DerangedShadow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 124 posts
  • LocationAnoka, Minnesota, USA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 27 December 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

Aff... But any Wolf member would disagree with that statement. The Great Father was the one who named us, the Great Father who gave us our totem.

To say Alexandr Kerensky did not create the Clans would most likely be seen as an insult by most clanners, not only Clan Wolf, quineg?

Wrong

Aleksandr Kerensky did not create the Clans at all. He is just the father of the creator of the Clans, Nicholas Kerensky. All that Aleksandr did was to bring the Star League into exile and vowed that they would return to rebuild the Star League. The Clans were formed from those who believed that Nicholas was the true leader of the Pentagon Worlds when they revolted against the idea of one group from all the Inner Sphere factions

Aleksandr

Nicholas

#36 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 27 December 2013 - 01:55 PM

FWiW, PGI has the last say in what goes for Clan factions - which it has and there are only the 17 Canon Clans extant in 3049/3050. If a player-created group) is outside of Canon (a made-up Clan) It will not be part of PGI's story, whatever that is.

#37 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostVincent V Kerensky, on 27 December 2013 - 01:14 PM, said:

View PostDerangedShadow, on 27 December 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Wrong

Aleksandr Kerensky did not create the Clans at all. He is just the father of the creator of the Clans, Nicholas Kerensky. All that Aleksandr did was to bring the Star League into exile and vowed that they would return to rebuild the Star League. The Clans were formed from those who believed that Nicholas was the true leader of the Pentagon Worlds when they revolted against the idea of one group from all the Inner Sphere factions

Aleksandr

Nicholas

He has a point Aleksandr was the Great Father that led the SLDF away from the Innersphere in the Great Exodus. The problem was that the SLDF was comprised of soldiers from each of the houses so obviously loyalties broke down. Nicholas, Aleksandr’s eldest son, took the forces loyal to him away to Strana Mechty and started the original Clans. He then returned and conquered the SLDF and made sure to separate everyone so that no single loyalty existed except to the ilKhan and his or hers’ Clan. IlKhan Nicholas also started the program that created the perfect soldier using the best DNA from the original SLDF.

#38 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 27 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostLakeDaemon, on 27 December 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Who are you to judge?

Naysayers can suck it.

Vomit!!! Every RP pug I have met dies doing little damage and relaying no information because they are too busy typing out thier RP {Scrap} while getting blasted and then die. Wish they had a LARPING server for them so they would quit throwing matches...

#39 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostImperius, on 27 December 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Vomit!!! Every RP pug I have met dies doing little damage and relaying no information because they are too busy typing out thier RP {Scrap} while getting blasted and then die. Wish they had a LARPING server for them so they would quit throwing matches...

Then try to get better to compensate.
This game has an amazing background and true fans know it. Deal with it.

Or just go play Hawken or CoD :P

#40 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostImperius, on 27 December 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

If you said premade games I could see your point. In pugs though? Well your anger is just funny. Youve heard of premades, right?

Since youve decided to judge all rpers using LARP as a slur, its safe to say you dont know what youre talking about. Haters gonna hate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users