#41 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 27 December 2013 - 03:02 PM, said:

Or just go play Hawken or CoD ;)

View PostImperius, on 27 December 2013 - 02:57 PM, said:

Vomit!!! Every RP pug I have met dies doing little damage and relaying no information because they are too busy typing out thier RP {Scrap} while getting blasted and then die. Wish they had a LARPING server for them so they would quit throwing matches...

Okay? I have NEVER seen this... Members of CGB RP to a fair degree, no one is hardcore Clan RP mind you. Still I do not think I have ever witnessed what you are saying. PLUS what do you expect when you PUG? LOL

#42 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:16 PM

Vomit!!! Every RP pug I have met dies doing little damage and relaying no information because they are too busy typing out thier RP {Scrap} while getting blasted and then die. Wish they had a LARPING server for them so they would quit throwing matches...

I bet you're playing on your own server already. ;)

I had never compromised my efficiency doing my little RP moments, except having mercy on those who shut down their mech and surrendered - but those poor people where always picked up by greedy teammates.

And only once I saw how lance of RP Clanners compromised game a little, by charging head on. :lol:

#43 FireSlade

• 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

View PostTank, on 27 December 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

I bet you're playing on your own server already. ;)

I had never compromised my efficiency doing my little RP moments, except having mercy on those who shut down their mech and surrendered - but those poor people where always picked up by greedy teammates.

And only once I saw how lance of RP Clanners compromised game a little, by charging head on. :lol:

I see a bunch of Clanners doing some RP on a (well almost) daily basis. They rush in head first and proceed to brutally destroy IS forces. I guess they are just bringing down my ELO when they do this as a certain someone has said... Or maybe, just maybe, doing some RP really does not hurt anyone and the person is a pile of surat ****... :lol:

#44 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 27 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

Your youth and inexperience shows, this is obviously your first multiplayer Mechwarrior game, having not been slaughtered by Adders, Wolves, Ravens and Ghostbears and Horses in the previous incarnations.

#45 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 21 December 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

The Coyotes have nothing to do ever. They spend their time praying to trees. Nova Cats do moon dances around a fire. Goliath Scorpion................ "Father, son, holy Mad Cat.". Cloud Cobra... They are just freaky. Its actually amazing how many Clans are religious but claim that they aren't. And no I refuse the life of a Mercenary. Mercs only seek money, have no loyalty, no honor, they just worship the c-bill. I may be unorthodox but I still have enough Clan in me to never ever be a Mercenary.

Which part of you is Clan? You are an anti-Clan troll.

#46 Errodien

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 227 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Posted Image

#47 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

While I dare not call you trothkin, I empathize with your desire to emulate our perfection. The issue I see is that you do not fully embrace the father and great father. The mere mention of such blasphemy is grounds for being put in dezgra status. Now, while I will not recognize you as a canon clan, perhaps with the right diplomacy you may be able to form a cluster in an organized canon clan. I wish you luck in your pursuit of our perfect society. May the blessing of the father find you should you be absorbed into another clan.

#48 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:57 PM

View PostGyrok, on 30 December 2013 - 12:18 PM, said:

While I dare not call you trothkin, I empathize with your desire to emulate our perfection. The issue I see is that you do not fully embrace the father and great father. The mere mention of such blasphemy is grounds for being put in dezgra status. Now, while I will not recognize you as a canon clan, perhaps with the right diplomacy you may be able to form a cluster in an organized canon clan. I wish you luck in your pursuit of our perfect society. May the blessing of the father find you should you be absorbed into another clan.

Marock, this is the best you can hope for - be a cluster or galaxy in a Canon Clan.

Then you can call yourself the Blood Scorpion Cluster of the "Whatever" Invading Canon clan you want EVEN part of Wolf because they cannot say you cannot be a cluster in the Wolf Clan. Nobody has that control over a Canon Clan. Easier way to get acceptance AND you can keep your "Blood Scorpion" label.

#49 Bongfu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:11 PM

If you wish, get a hold of me. I am the founder of Operation Revival. We are an alliance of Clans who welcome all clansmen in any form. We can provide you with a community of like minded players who want to further the Clans' agenda in the days to come under Community Warfare.

Feel free to come by and fill out an application. http://strana-mechty.net/

#50 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

Actually, the dezgra did make me pause and wonder about one thing:

Has anyone bothered to organize members of Clan Coyote? Do they exist in MWO? Listen, it is all well and good if us Nova Cats have exclusive access to the catnip, but we are not the only ones known for being a bit... out of our heads around here. If ever there was a pair of Clans that should have historically been strongly allied with one another.... I mean, even from the basis of their pseudo-religious viewpoints on things, there are quite a few parallels.

Edit:

You know what? This thread's topic is now changed to CLANS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE BESTEST OF FRIENDS BUT FOR SOME REASON NEVER WERE IN THE LORE.

Annnd.... begin!

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 30 December 2013 - 09:52 PM.

#51 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:04 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 30 December 2013 - 09:46 PM, said:

Actually, the dezgra did make me pause and wonder about one thing:

Has anyone bothered to organize members of Clan Coyote? Do they exist in MWO? Listen, it is all well and good if us Nova Cats have exclusive access to the catnip, but we are not the only ones known for being a bit... out of our heads around here. If ever there was a pair of Clans that should have historically been strongly allied with one another.... I mean, even from the basis of their pseudo-religious viewpoints on things, there are quite a few parallels.

Edit:

You know what? This thread's topic is now changed to CLANS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE BESTEST OF FRIENDS BUT FOR SOME REASON NEVER WERE IN THE LORE.

Annnd.... begin!

I think the Coyotes had enough on their plate post omni-mech development. They started out as one of the most powerful clans but couldn't stay on par with the big shots (Wolves, Jade Falcons, Smoke Jaguars...). Also the Coyotes hands down have the highest number of society cells working within them. They simultaneously influence the clan's diplomacy and limit it's scientific capacity, as the society actually withheld some weapons tech from the clans at large specifically to ensure that they would be on top when the time came for them to make their move.

#52 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Interesting. This I did not know, as I stopped following the bulk of the lore post mid 3060's. It just all seemed to go downhill, writing wise.

#53 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:48 AM

Ah Clan Coyote. Back in the MW3 days I lead my own little group of Clan Coyote.

#54 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 30 December 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

You see guys the thing is that I have very different values from the other Clans. I have some strong Warden beliefs and would love to be in Wolf but we are way to different in the ways of life. I would easily align myself but Operation Revival isn't in our agenda. We have sworn to the Inner Sphere to protect them from invaders. Our goal is the same as the Wardens and if Clan Wolf wants help in the protection of the Inner Sphere we will gladly aid them. We will not join them as a cluster, but as brother Wardens.

*looks at Marack Drock's sig.*

How can I call someone who wants to kill me freind? Even as a Wolf in Exile, you try to kill me.

So what are you REALLY fighting for "brother"?

#55 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:52 AM

You know how I know you are NOT Clan? By your words.

Kerensky's teachings freed us from the trappings of the inner Sphere. We ARE free. Our warriors are born in metal cans because we needed them to. If you had read the books as I suggested some time ago, you would know that. Our scientists determine our future & just as exceptional warriors are awarded Bloodnames, distinguished scientists can earn Labnames. How are civilians almost oppressed?

You admit you hate Kerensky's teachings simply because you cannot grasp them. You say you are Warden which would mean you are a Clansman, but you cast aside Kerensky's teachings, the same teachings that would see us Crusaders follow the words of both The Great Father & The Founder threrefore fulfilling our destiny by doing our duty?

Your attempts at trolling are whimsical. You seem to be very confused. I suggest AGAIN that you do some reading before you type.

#56 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Marack, your words betray you...

Your disdain for our most sacred of ancestors is troublesome. Yet you wish to emulate our perfection, it is almost as though you mock us as a Surat would play for a sibkin.

You talk of those who look down upon other social castes as though it were universal. However, the wolves, nova cats and ghostbears do not practice such policies. The jade falcons and smoke jaguars are of whom you speak. It is honestly unsettling to be lumped as one together when we are all clearly different, if not tied together by only our ancestors.

Your lack of knowledge, and willingness to pass judgement without forethought or research indicate to me that you are not worthy of being trothkin yet. You do not understand what it is that has brought about our way of life. So how can you ask for acceptance when you mock us through lack of understanding and knowledge, quiaff?

#57 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 31 December 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

And you people have no knowledge of my Clan yet are ready to pass judgement without research or asking me anything. Therefore you are no different.

It is hard to do research on a "Clan" who's history keeps changing.

#58 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 31 December 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

And you people have no knowledge of my Clan yet are ready to pass judgement without research or asking me anything. Therefore you are no different.

Actually, if the only knowledge I ever knew about your "clan" was that you do not follow The Founder and Great Father, then that would be enough to know that you are not our trothkin at all, and in fact, are merely making a mockery of us like a surat in a cage dancing for wafers.

Your blasphemy and apprehension will see you and your clan end up at odds with the children of Kerensky. Mark my words, if you intend to curry favor from us, you need to go about it in a manner entirely different than your approach in the current form. Frankly, after what I have seen here, I am not at all inclined to bother to listen to you any more than I am willing to entertain an audience with those who shall not be named. Should the remnants of their annihilated ranks arise again, their fate will be sealed...much as you progress down that path professing love in one breath, and preaching disdain the next.

History has many lessons to teach, it seems you have not learned any of the lessons your predecessors would urge you to witness.

EDIT: Perhaps the life of a mercenary is indeed what you should aspire to, as it is clearly not the founder you follow. It would save the rest of us a great deal of breath better wasted on other tasks (or not wasted at all).

Edited by Gyrok, 31 December 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#59 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 31 December 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

Nicolas started instituting rules and stuff that makes it so you can't have a sire name without killing someone.

Wrong. You have to DEFEAT all contenders; you do not necessarily have to kill them.

Posted Image

Nicholas created a new society free from the corruption of the IS. New ways of doing things were inevitable.

Or how about the Not Named Clan. They got wiped out and no one knows why.

Wrong. We DO know why. They refused to abide by the rules. They lost a Trial of Refusal regarding a Brian Cache & refused to grant access to the victors. They defied the Founder & the Clan way of life in open council.

In 2823, Clan Wolverine rejected a Grand Council decision on the division of equipment found in a Brian Cache in Wolverine territory, claiming that the cache belonged to Clan Wolverine alone. They invoked a Trial of Refusal and lost. They did not accept the ruling, but shocked the rest of the Clans by declaring Clan Wolverine totally independent.

They also used a nuclear device which was not allowed & wiped out a genetic repository tantamount to g e n o c i d e.

The reason we cast aside the stuff is because no one knows what Kerensky said.

Wrong. We DO know what he said.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ghost Bear decided to become a part of the Inner Sphere yet they still remain a Clan (how can that be?)

We started as the Ghost Bear Dominion & eventually became the Rasalhague Dominion.

I will take Kerensky when I know what he was doing. No one knows so how can you say what is true?

By opening a book & doing this thing we call "reading".

Every single Clan has a different view on Kerensky which means none of them can be accurate or true (Logic)

Logic? You do not even know the meaning of the word.

Logic, it is often said, is the study of valid arguments. It is a systematic attempt to distinguish valid arguments from invalid arguments. At this stage that characterization suffers from the fault of explaining the obscure in terms of the equally obscure. For what after all is validity? Or, for that matter, what is an argument? Beginning with the latter easier notion we can say that an argument has one or more premises and a conclusion. In advancing an argument one purports that the premise or premises support the conclusion.

Logic is the systematic study of valid arguments. This means that we will be developing rigorous techniques for determining whether arguments are valid.

An argument is valid if it has the property that if the premises were true the conclusion would have to be true. Why should we be especially interested in validity? It turns out that validity is a particularly nice property for an argument to have. For if you reason validly (that is, if your reasoning can be represented by a valid argument) and if you start with true premises you will never be led into error. And if you can get someone else to accept your premises as true, he has to accept as true anything which follows validly from those premises.

Why should one be interested in the study of logic? One pat answer to this question frequently given in elementary texts is that the study of logic will improve one’s powers of reasoning. Having learned techniques for distinguishing between valid and invalid arguments, one will be less prone to pass from true beliefs to false conclusions and better able to spot the fallacies in the arguments of others.

from Logic: An Introductory Course by W.H. Newton-Smith (revised & corrected)

The Clans are divided into two camps, Crusaders & Wardens. There are TWO views. One side has to be right.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah I wonder why they could never specify those "outside threats"........... :rolleyes:

Here is some logic for you.

Perhaps, one day, should mankind step back from the brink of the abyss, we, our children, or our children's children will return, to once more serve and protect and guide the Star League in mankind's quest for the stars.

That is the famous quote Wardens use to state their case, except with this thing called logic, it actually strengthens the Crusader cause.

Should is a reactionary word & IF the IS had stepped back, I would be a Warden; but they did not. The Great Father said if x happens we do y. X did not happen. The pre-condition was NEVER fulfilled. 4 Succession Wars + 1 Kentares Massacre = diving headfirst into the abyss. So following logic, you should be a Crusader because that is what The Great Father said.

Also why do you need to have your warriors born in a can?

Posted Image

If you had done ANY reading you would know these things.

Edited by Jaroth Corbett, 31 December 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#60 Lukoi Banacek

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 4,353 posts

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:48 PM

This is an example of poorly researched RP run amok.

Drock, we get that your unit is your little vanity project. Ultimately though, this side of the "community" does not really care what you are doing or how you are doing it. You have made it abundantly clear you will not be a Clan in any semblance of the term, so go enjoy your life in the Inner Sphere. See you on the battlefield.

Edited by Lukoi, 31 December 2013 - 04:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users