168 replies to this topic

#1 Spoo Hunter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:30 PM

How can you be a clan if you are not followers of Kerensky? Perhaps you are dark caste?

#2 Apocalypse Pryde

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:57 PM

What is this totem animal, Marack Drock, and how does it embody the Clan ideal? You say you do not believe the Vision of Kerensky. Why would you petition to join our grand society if you have no faith there in? Justify yourself, and your peers, so that we may judge appropriately and honorably!

(ooc: for the record, I love 'speaking' like that. Finding a way to phrase sentences to not use contractions and make them sound more 'prim and proper' was fun- doing so on the fly to stay in character was even more enjoyable. I also realize I'm a merc at the moment.)

#3 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 20 December 2013 - 07:59 PM

As a long time Blood Spirit, I would suggest you peddle your faux clan in the Mercs section where it belongs. If the game timeline was Dark Age, I would say have at it.

But it is not. It is almost 3050 (in gametime) and there are only 17 canon Clans.

Of course, you can call yourself whatever you'd like, but as far as the BT timeline goes, there is no Blood Scorpion in the Grand Council.

#4 Apocalypse Pryde

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 08:17 PM

Lore has seemingly been cast aside, Gremlick Johns- much to everyone's dismay. If he feels his People have the potential to fulfill Kerensky's Grand Ideals, he should be allowed to petition for inclusion in some manner. I fear for his people's sake that he will likely suffer a demotion to Galaxy Commander to an established Clan under PGI's ordinances.

#5 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

He does not share the Great Father's ideals...

#6 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 20 December 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Somehow Clan Wolverine "the not named" were until their annihilation and they were said to have rejected Kerensky.

To abide by Clan rules and honor is to abide by Kerensky. You are lucky no member on here immediately challenged you to a Trial of Grievance on the mere suggestion that you can be Clan without adherence to the Great Name of Kerensky.

I believe your history and understanding is incorrect. Those who remain unnamed (the mere mention of their filth-ridden totem is a ghastly affront by itself) were eliminated the very day they stopped believing. Their rejection of Kerensky immediately cost them their lives.

Kerensky is the Clans. You cannot have one without the other.

"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down to darkness"

#7 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

Without any bloodrights connected to the 800 (760) founders of the Clans I see no chance for your petition.

#8 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 21 December 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 21 December 2013 - 02:10 AM, said:

To abide by Clan rules and honor is to abide by Kerensky.

"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down to darkness"

True enough, but i would say the true Clansman is who believes in Alexander Kerensky's ideals (whatever vision they have of his words).

View PostMarack Drock, on 20 December 2013 - 07:17 PM, said:

I am Khan Marack Drock of Clan Blood Scorpion,

To the Grand Council of the Clans I put forth my petition to add Clan Blood Scorpion to the official ranks of the Clans. Our Clan (though not a believer of Kerensky) will abide by Clan rules of honor and respect all of our brethren. Does the council accept quiaff?

As i believe i told you, if you keep yourself separated by the Clan society as your Clan did splitting from Clan Wolf you are basically dark caste, so i would expect neither honorable combat nor official recognition by the other Clans, let alone a place in the Grand Council. Moreover, this exclusion might be another reason for the Blood Scorpion's distaste/hate for the other Clans.

You can make your own Clan but you cannot expect it to be accepted among the Canon ones. Merc units are different because the lore says there are countless unknown and unrated mercenary units in the Inner Sphere.. But for the Clans..

I, personally, do recognize your Clan but i cannot agree to make it part of the Clan society - it also does not fit well with your story :) .

Besides, a hypotetic Grand Council should not be composed of mercs, retired warriors and simple MechWarriors, quineg? ;)

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:32 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 21 December 2013 - 10:29 AM, said:

Neg. You are right I was just wanting to see the response of people. Also if we are Darkcaste it means that I have the backing of a lot of people whom the Clans are currently unable to get rid of. Anyways, this was just a "science experiment" (for lack of a better word). Sorry if I caused any uproar.

No uproar. Just helping you improving your story :D You may also say that you had to recruit refugees and bandits to make your Clan grow strong enough.

#10 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:53 AM

So much RP, I'm not sure what to even say... RP is never good for anyone. Next I'll see LARPing pics posted of you guys in boxes trying to be mechs... Smh

#11 Osis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBitterVet

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 21 December 2013 - 10:45 AM, said:

Aff. (fail) I'll (fail) do that. As we are already Darkcaste whats the harm in taking up an army of Darkcaste.

Contractions? Not Dark Caste, more Crayon Eating Short Bus.

I feel your group would be better suited to a Mercenary lifestyle, reaching for Bondsman would be the most you could expect.

But I doubt you would live past the encounter, perhaps one of the soft Clans would have mercy. The Nova Cats are always looking for something to pray about.

Edited by Osis, 21 December 2013 - 02:58 PM.

#12 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 21 December 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

And no I refuse the life of a Mercenary. Mercs only seek money, have no loyalty, no honor, they just worship the c-bill. I may be unorthodox but I still have enough Clan in me to never ever be a Mercenary.

I must say this is not entirely true. Famous units such as Wolf's Dragoons (ok they were from the Clans), Kell Hounds, Eridani Light Horse and Gray Death Legion are units in whose hands i could put my life.

#13 Hawkeye 72

• 1,890 posts
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostImperius, on 21 December 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Next I'll see LARPing pics posted of you guys in boxes trying to be mechs... Smh

Posted Image

#14 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

The Coyotes have nothing to do ever. They spend their time praying to trees. Nova Cats do moon dances around a fire. Goliath Scorpion................ "Father, son, holy Mad Cat.". Cloud Cobra... They are just freaky. Its actually amazing how many Clans are religious but claim that they aren't.

Nova Cat mysticism is one where we supplement the teachings of the Great General and the ideals of the Clans with an attempt to pierce the space between our reality and the untold many beyond to better understand both ourselves and our Clan's place in the universe. Our... "moon dances," as you call it, do not usurp Kerensky or his vision. They function alongside it. Not as an equal, however, as that would be far too presumptuous.

To turn ones back on the great vision of the General, however, is to directly affront what made us into what we are. To affront what helped to define us as Clans. That is... unacceptable.

#15 Lucian Nostra

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

View PostOsis, on 21 December 2013 - 02:51 PM, said:

Contractions? Not Dark Caste, more Crayon Eating Short Bus.

I feel your group would be better suited to a Mercenary lifestyle, reaching for Bondsman would be the most you could expect.

But I doubt you would live past the encounter, perhaps one of the soft Clans would have mercy. The Nova Cats are always looking for something to pray about.

The Coyotes have nothing to do ever. They spend their time praying to trees. Nova Cats do moon dances around a fire. Goliath Scorpion................ "Father, son, holy Mad Cat.". Cloud Cobra... They are just freaky. Its actually amazing how many Clans are religious but claim that they aren't.

And no I refuse the life of a Mercenary. Mercs only seek money, have no loyalty, no honor, they just worship the c-bill. I may be unorthodox but I still have enough Clan in me to never ever be a Mercenary.

And in her vision the wolf howled.
but the nova cat paced steadily on,
Undisturbed by the petty battles
Others fought, trying to cage it within the bars of
thoughtless sameness. The nova cat gazed
straight ahead, its heart and mind devoted to
The Ways of Seeing, devoted to a more perfect life.
- The Remembrance (Clan Nova Cat), passage 50, verse 5, lines 26-32

"Instead of viewing their lives as nothing but unchanging routine, unrelenting physical training and privileges denied, she ecouraged them to explore the spiritual and mystical aspects of their existence, to use ritual as a way to center themselves for battle, to push their awareness of their surroundings to peak efficency, and to visiualize their victory in the coming conflict"

Do not take us for fools, The 'Moon dancing' and 'praying' you Surats refer to our Ways of Seeing as offer us much and in no way go against the teaching of Kerensky

#16 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

There should be a Clan Platypus. I cannot imagine a more perfect totem for a non-canon Clan (looks like a joke, but will make you beg for the merciful release of death if provoked.)

#17 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:44 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 24 December 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Dude my Clan is religious too. We are against Kerensky but respect many Clans (mainly Coyotes, and Nova Cats). We respect you I was merely stating a point that you guys don't really do much. Our "Clan" (I am using it loosely also the Wolverines rejected Kerensky and are still called a Clan) is very unusual, we took elements from Goliath Scorpion and Blood Spirit to make the Clan. Our religious side comes from the Nova Cats (Our almost god like Clan which is respected above all others) and the Coyotes. Clan Wolf were our gene ancestors and we hold respect to them also. Jade Falcons are a thorn in our side that we wish to remove. Anyways. We respect you Coyotes and Nova Cats and almost worship you (we associate your Khans with much of our religion).

Do not do much?

We invented/refined the modern day Extended Range laser technology that all Clans use. We burned the last of the LAM facilities to the ground. We helped pass the vote for the Dragoon Compromise. We facilitated communication with ComStar which helped to conceal Clan movements across the entire front from Inner Sphere intelligence agencies. We had pacification success only on par with Clan Wolf on all captured planets. We out damaged any other single Clan in the (eventual) Tukayyid fiasco. Clan Nova Cat has been very busy. Very busy indeed.

You may not come here with disrespect intended, but your gross lack of information certainly paints you into a bad picture. One finds it hard to accept "respect" from one who spews falsities, quiaff?

Oh, one more thing; We are the patient hunter. The only thing that should be feared more than our claws is our silence.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 December 2013 - 07:55 PM.

#18 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts

Posted 24 December 2013 - 08:06 PM

View PostMarack Drock, on 24 December 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

My apologies Coyotes. We will do better in the future when speaking of you.

... Posted Image

#19 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:16 AM

Clan Fluffy Bunny, Clan Lesbian Sea Turtle, Clan Blood Scorpion... You can surely call yourself a clan in MWO, but not a Clan of Kerensky. Considering you keep brining up the Not-Named Clan... You can keep your home with those with the *****. :)

. . . 't a i n t' is blocked from the word filter... What The Hell is that about?

Edited by CoffiNail, 26 December 2013 - 06:17 AM.

#20 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:24 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 26 December 2013 - 06:16 AM, said:

. . . 't a i n t' is blocked from the word filter... What The Hell is that about?

It is about between there... and there.

If you do not respect the ways of Kerensky then there is nothing here for you.

Although, if you were willing to put up all your planets up for a Trial of Refusal, I am sure every Clan will jump at the chance to at least put your request to vote! Where is your Cluster?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users