#61 Sheraf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostThorasta, on 22 December 2013 - 10:14 PM, said:

There have been some changes to the UAC5

Several months ago:
It jammed 25% of the time, and took 3 seconds to un-jam.
the mean DPS was just over 5.0 making it the highest damaging weapon in the game.

Now:
It jams 20% of the time for 5 seconds.
in 7 tests to get a rough mean, it is doing 3.6 DPS (the average is also 3.6).

Facts:
This means the UAC5 is averaging 30% less damage than it used to do.
You will get higher burst damage in the first few seconds of firing, but other than that I see no advantage to using this over the AC5.
Since you cannot torso twist while using the UAC5 it is an inferior weapon to the AC5.

Opinion/synopsis:
They over-nerfed the UAC5. There is no longer a DPS benefit to having an inconsistent gun.
When you factor in the extra tonnage cost, the UAC5 went from a superior weapon to a vastly inferior one compared to the AC5.
While the gun jams 20% of the time rather than 25%, it takes 5 seconds to unjam instead of 3 (66% longer).

Testing method:
Fire 100 shots and time it. 100 shots is exactly 500 damage, divide 500 by the timed seconds to get DPS. Repeat this test many times. Stop repeating when you have an odd number of results so you can pick out the mean.

Don't test it by statistic, test it by using it. UAC5 works well for me. My chance of winning increase significantly on my K2 whenever I use it compare to the AC2 :)

#62 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:10 PM

compared to ac/2......not ac/5..... (basic ac5 is higher burst damage then ac2 ya know, 15 vs 12 damage done in 3 seconds of constant fire at people)

#63 Sheraf

• Mercenary
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostJust wanna play, on 22 January 2014 - 01:10 PM, said:

compared to ac/2......not ac/5..... (basic ac5 is higher burst damage then ac2 ya know, 15 vs 12 damage done in 3 seconds of constant fire at people)

The OP was saying UAC5 is weaker. What is AC5 doing here?

#64 Stelar 7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 315 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Why was a UAC thread necroed up from December?

#65 Just wanna play

• 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostSheraf, on 22 January 2014 - 01:29 PM, said:

The OP was saying UAC5 is weaker. What is AC5 doing here?

saying uac5 is weaker then before, im question why compare it to something that it is known to be weaker then and saying that its better

#66 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,612 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:31 PM

Still does 2x dps per ton or more than the Gauss, and they totally ruined the Gauss for the average player with a first person shooter desync nerf. Be happy they didn't desync the UAC5 too.

I think you are pressing too much if you don't turn away. I just single-fire it unless I think I can get away with a sustained burst and possible jam. You are playing the odds with MWO's UAC5, sometimes you get very lucky and it's a UAC10 for 4-5 seconds, sometimes it jams and you get nothing. Play the situation, not the weapon.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users