Golden Mechs...make Me Feel Better About This....

183 replies to this topic

#161 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostNoodlesoup, on 09 January 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

i'm not sure what the hubbub is about. people already paint their mechs gaudy colors with *gasp* paintjobs that cost money. i could paint a mech gold today already (the color is in the palette already). So i hope the golden clan mech is something more special than metallic yellow.

And on THIS note, I shall do the fallowing in the future:

1. Buy a free Timber Wolf when it comes out for C-Bills.

2. "Rent" the gold paint job of it. (For just a handful of MC.)

3. Troll those who have paid an upwards of $280 for that very same setup. :ph34r:

#162 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:20 AM

Well, enjoy waiting to buy that Timber Wolf late this year, if not next year...

#163 Imperius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

View PostNathan K, on 10 January 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

And on THIS note, I shall do the fallowing in the future:

1. Buy a free Timber Wolf when it comes out for C-Bills.

2. "Rent" the gold paint job of it. (For just a handful of MC.)

3. Troll those who have paid an upwards of $280 for that very same setup. :rolleyes:

Good luck with that :ph34r: gold won't be a color for sale already confirmed it's per gold mech only.
https://twitter.com/...478086694014976

#164 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts
  • LocationFiddler's Green

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

Maybe this can put the Gold Mechs into perspective:

I for one will not TK a Gold Mech as this will probably result in a ban from PGI. PGI will probably take TKing a Gold Mech very seriously if only to protect those who they see as loose with their money. On a personal note I will deal with Gold Mechs (and the narcissists who buy them) by not supporting them in any way and using them as human shields. The Gold Mechs are going to be the redheaded step children of MWO. They symbolize everything that is wrong with this game. Players who buy these mechs are going to get really tired of being the first to die every match. A guy in a Gold Mech is going to get targeted faster that a PGI employee during a "Kill a Dev." challenge. They might as well have painted a big bullseye on the center torso if they want to stand out that badly. Oh, and I hope that "unique bonus module" gives them a "cloak of invisibility" or something because they are going to need it. Feel any better about purchasing a Gold Mech?

Edited by Airborne Thunder, 10 January 2014 - 12:17 PM.

#165 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 10 January 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Well, enjoy waiting to buy that Timber Wolf late this year, if not next year...

And may you, my fellow Mech Warrior, enjoy to continue to stuff hundreds into PGI's "Jar-of-Faith" for mere crumbs of content (content I find this game should be brimming with by now :ph34r:), a pat on the head, and empty promises of the game getting better.

#166 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

View PostAirborne Thunder, on 10 January 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I for one will not TK a Gold Mech as this will probably result in a ban from PGI. PGI will probably take TKing a Gold Mech very seriously if only to protect those who they see as loose with their money. On a personal note I will deal with Gold Mechs (and the narcissists who buy them) by not supporting them in any way and using them as human shields. The Gold Mechs are going to be the redheaded step children of MWO. They symbolize everything that is wrong with this game. They are going to get really tired of being the first to die every match. They might as well have painted a big bullseye on the center torso if they want to stand out that badly. Oh, and I hope that "unique bonus module" gives them a "cloak of invisibility" or something because they are going to need it. Feel any better about purchasing a Gold Mech?

Not worried myself in the slightest. I'm used to leading the sheep like yourself, might as well do it in style. You sound like the pug player that gets thrown on my team to balance my high ELO, and are as useful as the lava pit in Tera Therma and the Trial Mech noobs.

#167 Ohari

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

people that will TK someone for having a Gold mech are just jelly hippies that camp out in streets ******* on cars bitching about the evil 1%ers . However ... spending $500 getting a fake Goldy is a little pretentious...so maybe I'll just blow off a leg or arm! :ph34r:

In all seriousness, its their money to blow. Just like someone said...print screen

#168 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:34 PM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2014 - 12:15 PM, said:

Not worried myself in the slightest. I'm used to leading the sheep like yourself, might as well do it in style. You sound like the pug player that gets thrown on my team to balance my high ELO, and are as useful as the lava pit in Tera Therma and the Trial Mech noobs.

"Leading" that sounds like something someone pretentious enough to shell out $500.00 on a Gold Mech would say. You are going to turn around and find yourself all alone with no one to support you. You might as well yell "We're going streaking!” or "Leeeeroy Jenkins!" when you run off unsupported in that shiny gold mech of yours. Enjoy your Gold Mech :ph34r:

#169 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

View PostAirborne Thunder, on 10 January 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

"Leeeeroy Jenkins!"

But he has CHICKEN. :ph34r:

Edit: Wait! Does THAT come with the Golden Mech as well? :rolleyes:

Edited by Nathan K, 10 January 2014 - 12:54 PM.

#170 Wu Jen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 08 January 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

I wish I could be a mod sometimes. I would be deleting nonsensical posts left and right. It would be glorious.

Hot Rod pattern was never stated to be exclusive, just that you would get it for free. The rest? How is that tin foil hat working out for you? Is it itchy?

Some people have very short memories.
Posted Image

#171 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:42 PM

I for one will not TK a Gold Mech as this will probably result in a ban from PGI. PGI will probably take TKing a Gold Mech very seriously if only to protect those who they see as loose with their money. On a personal note I will deal with Gold Mechs (and the narcissists who buy them) by not supporting them in any way and using them as human shields. The Gold Mechs are going to be the redheaded step children of MWO. They symbolize everything that is wrong with this game. Players who buy these mechs are going to get really tired of being the first to die every match. A guy in a Gold Mech is going to get targeted faster that a PGI employee during a "Kill a Dev." challenge. They might as well have painted a big bullseye on the center torso if they want to stand out that badly. Oh, and I hope that "unique bonus module" gives them a "cloak of invisibility" or something because they are going to need it. Feel any better about purchasing a Gold Mech?

Narcissists? Really? Hyperbole much?

Why don't you call them Genocidal Maniacs as well? What's it to you what someone else buys? Are you a ***** to your neighbour as well, if he buys a nicer car then you are a fancier Barbecue?

Last I checked almost everything available to buy nowadays is made in countries like China, Bangladesh, India, Cambodia, etc... Meaning we're paying well over %1000 about the 'cost' of the item in question. $150 shoes? Sure when Doc Martins were made in England, I was paying for the quality and cost of them. Now, I'd just be over paying for a pair of shoes that use to last me five years and now break in the same year I bought them in, and the rest of the money would be just for the 'brand'.

So $500 for a digital item(s), I suppose that's no more crazy nowadays to paying $500 on any item that cost the Manufacturer $5-10 to make in a sweatshop in a country with no human rights.

Edited by Monsoon, 10 January 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#172 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:52 PM

View PostAirborne Thunder, on 10 January 2014 - 12:34 PM, said:

"Leading" that sounds like something someone pretentious enough to shell out $500.00 on a Gold Mech would say. You are going to turn around and find yourself all alone with no one to support you. You might as well yell "We're going streaking!” or "Leeeeroy Jenkins!" when you run off unsupported in that shiny gold mech of yours. Enjoy your Gold Mech :ph34r:

You must not pug often... Match starts with spinning mechs and test fires. Then they realize a few that have some time under thier belts have already pushed forward to get vantage points and block bottlenecks and they follow like aimless sheep. You said you were going to hide behind the gold mechs. Just like the little bo-peep you are.

#173 Airborne Thunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 562 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostImperius, on 10 January 2014 - 01:52 PM, said:

You must not pug often... Match starts with spinning mechs and test fires. Then they realize a few that have some time under thier belts have already pushed forward to get vantage points and block bottlenecks and they follow like aimless sheep. You said you were going to hide behind the gold mechs. Just like the little bo-peep you are.

Err, what? Wait, I'm confused... Am I a sheep or the shepherd? In your first post I was a sheep and in your second post I am the shepherd. Anyways, GG. Enjoy your Gold Mech.

#174 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:45 PM

[color="#b27204"]Airborne Thunder[/color]

Posted Yesterday, 07:44 PM

I for one will not TK a Gold Mech as this will probably result in a ban from PGI. PGI will probably take TKing a Gold Mech very seriously if only to protect those who they see as loose with their money. On a personal note I will deal with Gold Mechs (and the narcissists who buy them) by not supporting them in any way and using them as human shields. The Gold Mechs are going to be the redheaded step children of MWO. They symbolize everything that is wrong with this game. Players who buy these mechs are going to get really tired of being the first to die every match. A guy in a Gold Mech is going to get targeted faster that a PGI employee during a "Kill a Dev." challenge. They might as well have painted a big bullseye on the center torso if they want to stand out that badly. Oh, and I hope that "unique bonus module" gives them a "cloak of invisibility" or something because they are going to need...

Alright well first of all, to point out the getting targeted first, I run green and yellow. I am almost always the first to be targeted, but I know how to pilot my mech, and I do not die. If you die because you are focused, you are not doing your job right, even for an IS pilot. If you get focused twice then you have the right to lose a limb, then if you get focused a third time you may die. If you cant manage to survive a focus you shouldn't be piloting the mech in the first place.

Secondly, did you even happen to glance or notice my post about why buying the gold mechs is a good idea for those who wish to support the game. Or do I have to go and do the math again, because trust me I will. Now I suggest you either go read my post or shut up, as both are logical choices and both embody what is good for you and the fine people in this side of the forum. You are awarded no points (as I lost brain cells from reading your posts), and don't even deserve to be an IS freebirth pilot. May you participate in cowardly acts and the like for the rest of your days. You are what is wrong with this game, and let me guess, you either do not play or you pilot a boomstick, I highly doubt anything else.

#175 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

Are you really so jealous of people who have the money for and want to spend it on gold mechs, that you are making passive aggressive threats? Quite pathetic.

#176 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 08 January 2014 - 09:21 PM, said:

The fact is, you guys *****, and *****, oh and did I forget to mention, *****, that this game sucks and PGI doesn't listen, when I`m pretty sure they pretty much kneel when you call. Yall are like a group of spoiled children, you beg for a toy. Your parents buy the toy, and then the kid down the street gets a new toy as well, which is much cooler than yours. So you beg him to let you play with his toy (lets call it a GI Joe) and he says sure, well you play with the GI joe and when he asks for it back, you give it back reluctantly. So you go home and beg mommy and daddy for that same toy, they look at each other and say ok, but in a few weeks. So you complain, but I want it now! And your parents say, sorry but we don't have that kind of money. So you throw your fit and they finally agree, to make you shut up, and go and get you the toy the next day. Well the kid down the street gets a bike the next day, and its way cooler than that GI joe, so you go and beg your parents again. They look at each other and tell you in a few weeks we don't have the money for it. So you throw your fit yet again, but this time they say the same thing, so you throw an even bigger fit screaming and kicking, and so they say in a week to calm you down. You are unhappy with them for the next week, but play with the GI joe in the meantime. A week passes they say, not today sonny, I`ve got work to do, next weekend. So the same thing happens, and repeats until a few weeks later you get the bike when they actually get the money again, where as the kid down the streets parents are rich.

In that case I'll just move in with the rich kid. (Spend money on better games.)

Also, the thing with PGI being "mom & dad" is just stupid. You can never replace parents, but you can always movie on to a better game.

#177 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:48 PM

What people should be doing when they see gold mechs is wait for it......... say thank you for putting your money in the game so I don't have to.

#178 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:03 PM

i hope im in the right place to ask what should i get?
(one of my favorite mech at the moment is the locust doing 400-800 damage in it.)

A Gold Adder? its a small target not even my team mates can hit me in it XD but sure every one will try and thats perfect with the clan wepons its going to be one hell of an assasin knock back is coming with MASC and Flea so lights wont be to popular.

or A Gold Daishi ? its massive lots of armor i can turtle for my team and for sure ill get the atention so its great for my team. instead of loseing 1 or 2 heavy\medium mech i just lose my arm and a side torso.
(i do great in an assault mech but i like speeed may be a Masakari is a better choise

oh and if a team mate try to shoot me in the back HAHAAHAHA ........ MUHaHaHaHaHa.............
its gona be so mutch funn when i turn around XD

#179 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

View PostAirborne Thunder, on 10 January 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

Err, what? Wait, I'm confused... Am I a sheep or the shepherd? In your first post I was a sheep and in your second post I am the shepherd. Anyways, GG. Enjoy your Gold Mech.

Go read the poem and educate yourself. You claim you're a leader, but you're really just a wannabe. You hide behind people because your not a leader. Bo-peep was a pretty good description of your character. Sorry the rhyme is above your comprehension level.

Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep,
And can't tell where to find them;
Leave them alone, and they'll come home,
Bringing their tails behind them.

Little Bo-Peep fell fast asleep,
And dreamt she heard them bleating;
But when she awoke, she found it a joke,
For they were still all fleeting.

Then up she took her little crook,
Determined for to find them;
She found them indeed, but it made her heart bleed,
For they'd left their tails behind them.

It happened one day, as Bo-Peep did stray
Into a meadow hard by,
There she espied their tails, side by side,
All hung on a tree to dry.

She heaved a sigh and wiped her eye,
And over the hillocks she raced;
And tried what she could, as a shepherdess should,
That each tail be properly placed.
Source: The Dorling Kindersley Book of Nursery Rhymes (2000)

#180 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:47 PM

I'm Clan, and this would will be a very tough sale for me to even consider. Especially since the very idea of Golden Clan Mechs is a slap in the face of Clan Ideology. But I certainly do encourage all you Freebirth pilots to purchase at least one, two, or even all the new Golden Limited Edition Clan Mechs. Its very understandable that you would have a complete collection of them. Seyla

Edited by Danny Fubar Col 21C RHG, 31 January 2014 - 12:39 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users