Golden Mechs...make Me Feel Better About This....

183 replies to this topic

#181 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:52 PM

Don't know if trolling, or being serious.

#182 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:29 AM

View PostWu Jen, on 10 January 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Some people have very short memories.
Posted Image

"Our position at the time"
So I might be buying Gold colors and Cheerleader cockpit items later in the year, you never know with PGI.

Edited by Duppie1974, 31 January 2014 - 01:35 AM.

#183 DyerwoIf

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 22 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMemphis, TN area.

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Ive been playing mechwarrior games since crecent hawks, owned EVERY battle tech game since.(ever the super nintendo ones ect.) I have spent hundreds on mechwarrior for wayyyy to many years to count now. With all of that said, im a very low budget person. I build custom pc's ect. but i dont often have the cash to just make a large purchase, hence ive only "bought" myself up-to-date computers seldomly, and piece by piece. I had a gaming computer that was fine for everything i needed, but MWO's requirements were enormous. I spent around 800$ on a new setup JUST for MWO.(mind you thats buy every part individually at the cheapest prices i could, a prebuilt would of cost me around 1600$) With that said, my Income monthly is around 550$ a month, i live in the middle of nowhere. It took me 2 YEARS just to save for the Computer to handle this game.

I used to play veng/mercs more that 12 hours a day at points, thier was a time in vengence when player stats still tracked that i was the #1 player for allmost a year on end in brawler matches. I have allways held this game in my heart WAY closer than most, I watched as i couldent afford to pay the founder pack in any time, then the phoenix, and now this?

Look i agree with most people here that they haft to charge a certin premium on the free-to-play model, and that innovation on games such as this takes alot of money.

But what i see is a player base that is not large enough to warrent the inflation on the prices. I honestly think this game has become an extream side of "nich" gameing. The devlopers are carting too the people who are shelling out 700+ dollars on thier account. As they honestly Should. But at the same time i feel PGI is fearing the small numbers of their player base, and that if they dont "extort" this amount of money out of the people who care ALOT about this game, that they will run out of money in the coffers to pay payroll.

The system which they have devloped to fund thier game is flawed in the sense that the prices they have set are entirely infalted. 50 ish dollar for a mech, which is the ammount you have paid just to buy battlefield 4(an entire game), is compleatly absurde, and it drives the player base Down becasue of this. thier are alot of people who never even give this game a second glance because they see the price of MC and what it Dosent get you.

If the prices were more in-tune with the 98% of us who are BROKE IN A BAD WAY( lol ) they they would sell more units of items expodentially, in my opinion. You can sell 50 gold mechs at 500 a pop(which i seriously doubt they will sell 50) and make 25k quick, or you could sell 500 at 100, still have a rare item in game at thoes liquid numbers(not everyone is going to use it every match) and make double the profit, not **** off people, and encourage the player base to expand. Heavs/assaults should cost around 5-7$ a pop, not 30-55. 10 mechs(2 of every class) should be around the cost of a new game(55$).

I could go on this for days, all im saying is pgi should encourage a growing player base, not scare them off with "500$ for this cool **** in DIGITAL CONTENT"

Can SOMEONE tell me ONE GAME EVER THAT HAS CHARGED 500% FOR ANYTHING THAT WAS ONLY DIGITAL IN NATURE, NO PHYSICAL NOTHING!!!!, GIVE ME A #$^%$&*&^# DISK WITH A COPY OF THE GAME FFS, SOMETHING!

im done.

#184 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 03:47 AM

To refer to the original post:

View Postwikkedj, on 29 December 2013 - 10:08 AM, said:

So, I've seen several forum posts and seen lots of folks talking about it in game....team killing golden mechs.

So, for anyone considering buying one...what steps are going to be taken to make sure that a $500 purchase is usable with relative peace of mind? I know the IGP team can't control the actions of a person behind the keyboard and some blowback is likely.

The more I think about it, the more I can't see myself spending that kind of money on a mech that is, from what I've been seeing, likely to get me TKed in any game I pilot it in. :D

Reprt anyone trying to teamkill someone just because he is using a golden colored mech to support@mwomercs.com with the following information, if you have them available (but you should, as this is still a thing of the future and you now know what to do):
- name of offending player
- map played
- date, time and timezone
- type of offense
- names of other players involved (witnesses)
- screenshots
- links to video or other material that might prove useful to the GMs in solving this case.

Anyone thinking about teamkilling a golden mech...
- You are killing those who enable you and others to play this game for free!
- You are risking your ability to play this game, as intentional teamkilling can lead to you losing your access to MWO permanently including all assets you might have paid for.
- In essence: You are griefing yourself in a very short sighted attempt to grief someone else! Some of you even called the purchasers dumb... think of the irony!

Thread closed!
(and sorry I missed it for so long)

The other discussions in this thread will hopefully find new homes in the other threads about this sale. If not, fell free to create one that is fitting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users