• Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:31 PM

I would go for something like this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...844495fc1a3bf31
(Use left side for shield)

or this
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b8b06eafe5d9742
(Use the ER Large as much as possible, then use the right side as a shield for brawling. When ER Large gets shot off, the mech becomes more heat efficient)

#102 Corbon Zackery

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 11 October 2014 - 01:43 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fc14a86660ceea1

Its a tough one but this should be a good brawler.

#103 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:46 AM

HBK GI: Unnecessary Roughness

#104 WARG45M

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 11 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationDeployed.

Posted 18 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5017be462f369db This is what I plan on running. Big suprise when you start hitting them with those large lazors! PLUS, I've had such great success with the standard 275 in hunchies I can't persuade myself to put anything else in it!

#105 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:00 AM

So Is there any reason to NOT use an XL with a Gauss, meaning ease of explodeablity on my GI?

Here is my load out, I call it the JimmyZorn or TerryBradshaw:
275XL
2 mpl
1ML
Endo
Ferro
Single Heat Sinks

I set it up as a passing quarter back to cover long passes and short screens. If you don't understand it's a medium to long range build.

Once again, am I making my mech extra vulnerable by using a Gauss and an XL engine ?
Should I use a STD engine instead?

#106 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:37 PM

XLs automatically make every IS mech more vulnerable. In the case of the Grid Iron, it takes away your ability to use your left torso as fodder, to protect your hunch.

Since the Gauss quirks, I've been running mine like this. 83.8kph is plenty for this build, and 5t of ammo lasts long enough to put some serious damage down range. You could even drop to a STD225 (80kph) if you want another ton of ammo.

#107 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:48 AM

I use STD200, Gauss w 4tons & 3x MPL. Does very well on most maps. Usually sucks on the latest two, but then again, I suck on those no matter what I play (if it doesn't have jump jets). If I run out of ammo, it's always near the end of the match, so I don't really feel the need for a fifth ton of ammo. As for XL, that's a huge no-no. I very often finish the game with one side torso missing. If I fought well, it's the left one. If not, the right.

I'd like to up the engine, but I don't really want to drop the pulse lasers either.

#108 conan the snowmarian

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:20 PM

this is the grid iron i always run, I'm running a little over four hundred damage a match. i get a lot of ridicule for this mech. people do not like the cockpit target lock with a dual ac 2 and being whacked with three medium pulse lasers. along with the lrm 5 thats on it. makes good for getting those targets out of site and getting kill assists.

Ballistarius= http://mwo.smurfy-ne...echlab#modified

Edited by conan the snowmarian, 04 January 2015 - 03:22 PM.

#109 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

I usually run the Gauss+3 MPL build with XL engine. With Gauss quirks and cooldown module I need that XL to carry extra ammunition for the Gauss. As long as I keep my distance having XL is not usually a problem...

#110 MLM13

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 23 posts
  • LocationParadise City

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

View Postgoatreich, on 07 January 2015 - 02:12 AM, said:

I usually run the Gauss+3 MPL build with XL engine. With Gauss quirks and cooldown module I need that XL to carry extra ammunition for the Gauss. As long as I keep my distance having XL is not usually a problem...

Agreed. Before, I thought XL is not a good idea, but hit and run actually is the key to survivability, better than torso twist. Now, im using XL on all my hunchies except for 4SP and 4G(cant use it here).Also the radar dep module is necessary for this play style. This can be played long ranged or brawl and Im always happy to see more match score of 50+.(PUGs)

Before when Im with an STD, if I see an assault, I immediately almost go panic mode; now - 'Bring it on Mitch!'.

GRAWL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users