#61 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:31 AM

View PostNapes339, on 14 January 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Gotta be honest, I take back all the bad things I said.

I simplified what I was doing with my loadouts a bit and came up with this build GRID IRON

Love it! Usually not a fan of the UAC5 but it works on this thing and in conjunction with the SRM6 and the trio of MLas theres plenty of fire power for medium-short range.

Basically, I hadn't seen a 200K+ game in a while and with this mech I got 2 almost back to back.

I used this same build, I thoroughly have made people cry with this build.

I just happen to have a 260 Engine in there, with a SRM6, and less SRM ammo, and more UAC. Since I spend more time popping shots with that thing then my SRM's due to people not moving in close much. (Also I don't have Artemis.)

But when they do...HEHEHEHEHE.

Good job soldier! Love it!

#62 The Unknown Pilot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:07 AM

Using my Jager-S motor. I know this isn't a popular balistic weapon, but it works well for me on most other 'Mechs.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...631aae3d2407d78

#63 MungFuSensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:46 PM

GRID IRON

The LB10X and ASRM6 combo works wonders. It's almost like having 2 LB10Xs when brawling. With this build, I've come up with the concept of the "No-zone". It is a zone which extends around your mech, that when an enemy enters it, he starts to yell "NONONONONO" and runs away. We often think of speed as a replacement for armor, but we forget about fear. If we take into account fear as a safety measure, then how do we increase this metric? Weapons, and positioning.

This mech can hold ground like an Atlas can. The LB10X has a decent rate of fire, and plenty of ammo. You still don't wanna be out in the open, but even if it's a couple of assaults around that corner, they won't wanna be around that one-two punch of LB10 and ASRM6. This will keep them from rushing, and give you some time for the cavalry to arrive. If it's one-on-one, you can duel with little fear.

If left at long range, since you have oodles of ammo, feel free to plink away with the LB10. It won't be much damage, but it's easy to hit with, and every little bit helps. You'll still have plenty of ammo for brawling in the late game.

I know this build is just standard speed, but it doesn't feel like an issue if you can keep any eye on friendly positions and your minimap. Lack of speed just means you need to have more situation awareness, and need to think twice about positioning. If you can do that, you won't miss the speed.

#64 Viscount Hood

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

My latest build http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a83764d278917fe What It lacks in firepower it makes up in speed and agility for hit and run attacks and it's fun to play.

Edited by Viscount Hood, 22 January 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#65 MungFuSensei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostViscount Hood, on 22 January 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

My latest build http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a83764d278917fe What It lacks in firepower it makes up in speed and agility for hit and run attacks and it's fun to play.

I've run this build, and it works great. The hunch makes a great shield as the majority of your firepower is on the other side.

#66 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:21 PM

View PostMungFuSensei, on 22 January 2014 - 10:02 AM, said:

I've run this build, and it works great. The hunch makes a great shield as the majority of your firepower is on the other side.

Feels a little too brawly-for me. It is a very close quarters design.

But I may try it! Looks like fun!

View PostMungFuSensei, on 20 January 2014 - 08:46 PM, said:

GRID IRON

The LB10X and ASRM6 combo works wonders. It's almost like having 2 LB10Xs when brawling. With this build, I've come up with the concept of the "No-zone". It is a zone which extends around your mech, that when an enemy enters it, he starts to yell "NONONONONO" and runs away. We often think of speed as a replacement for armor, but we forget about fear. If we take into account fear as a safety measure, then how do we increase this metric? Weapons, and positioning.

This mech can hold ground like an Atlas can. The LB10X has a decent rate of fire, and plenty of ammo. You still don't wanna be out in the open, but even if it's a couple of assaults around that corner, they won't wanna be around that one-two punch of LB10 and ASRM6. This will keep them from rushing, and give you some time for the cavalry to arrive. If it's one-on-one, you can duel with little fear.

If left at long range, since you have oodles of ammo, feel free to plink away with the LB10. It won't be much damage, but it's easy to hit with, and every little bit helps. You'll still have plenty of ammo for brawling in the late game.

I know this build is just standard speed, but it doesn't feel like an issue if you can keep any eye on friendly positions and your minimap. Lack of speed just means you need to have more situation awareness, and need to think twice about positioning. If you can do that, you won't miss the speed.

Hmmmmm. Reminds me of my 4SP a bit with two 6ASRM's. I may try this as well!

#67 Blue Frog

• PipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 89 posts
  • LocationWhere You Least Expect...

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:45 AM

XL275, LB10-X, SRM6 w/ Artemis, and 3MLs for me. I need to upgrade the pilot, but there isn't a module or enough MC's for that! ;)

#68 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 January 2014 - 08:49 AM

With more speed & range?

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...260e78d8c4185c7

#69 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

I am no fan of AC/2.... but this one has been working well for me.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fae50c94ce50dcf

#70 FEK315

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 337 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 09:16 AM

Okay,
The Hunchy is my favorite mech, I want the Gridiron.( I have the all the others including the founders hunchy 10%cbill boost.)
I bought the Phenoix Shadowhawk and don't like as much but it has a 30%cbill boost.
I need cbills badly... :rolleyes:
I want cbills to by an Orion and parts. I thought about buying the Protector but I may not like it.

If I got the Gridiron I need to add 30 bucks to my MC, however it would be my primary Cbill maker for sure at this point.
I also want to buy the Kitfox, Nova, StormCrow and Sumner. I really can't spend all that money right now.

Here is my Question...
Do I buy the GridIron knowing I will always have a fun mech to earn 30%cbills with..
or
do I by premium time, use my other Hunchys and after a while possibly pay the same amount of money that would have if I had purchased me a Gridiron..
or
do I buy a GridIron and premium time and rake c-bills but not be able to buy anything for the next 2 months?

Bros, I need some insight I have 2 days left... :)

Edited by FEK315, 02 February 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#71 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:03 AM

if you like HBK's i say get it... the c-bill boost is really nice, and it has a lot of build options... I really wanna get one, but i think i will just wait for a sale on it..

(the limited edition is the one that goes off sale, the grid iron will still be available from what i have been told. Just the cheer leader won't be part of the mech)

#72 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:12 PM

After many trial and error, I think I finally found what works for me.

2x AC2 w 5t
1x LRM15 w 2t
XL 225
12 DHS

Plays as a support sniper, shaking a target up with twin AC2 while friendly brawlers move in.
24 shots of LRM15 for when I don't have LoS, but will also throw them at unsuspecting enemy within view.

Best performance so far in a GI.
Spoiler

#73 TheGunKnows

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 27 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:25 PM

So just a question. After the patch. My Hunchback is no longer considered a Hero-mech but instead a champion.

Anyone else have this issue?

#74 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 565 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:55 PM

View PostTheGunKnows, on 07 February 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

So just a question. After the patch. My Hunchback is no longer considered a Hero-mech but instead a champion.

I got the cheerleader/LE, and I have the same issue; my Grid Iron shows as a Champion Mech.

#75 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

View PostTheGunKnows, on 07 February 2014 - 11:25 PM, said:

View PostErtur, on 07 February 2014 - 11:55 PM, said:

I got the cheerleader/LE, and I have the same issue; my Grid Iron shows as a Champion Mech.

It still seems to be functioning as a Hero (IE you still get the 30% Cbill bonus)
Just mislabeled.

Interesting note: though sharing the same bonus as a Hero - the (P) mechs are also in with the Champions.
When they fix the Grid Iron... will the (P) mechs move?
I am curious to find out (Current bet from me is they stay though)

#76 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:18 AM

Hey Hunchback fans. This is what I run on my Grid Iron. I recommend equipping a Seismic Sensor so it's harder for lights to sneak up behind you. Your back armor is weak, but it's a necessity when you have to face all those assaults and heavies that saturate the game.

The extra ton of AC/20 ammo gives you the freedom to be a little more liberal in your shot selection. I will often take pot shots at passing lights knowing that I just need to get lucky once to ruin his day.

Don't underestimate the small lasers. They are a great source of DPS when you get in close. and it takes forever to overheat.

#77 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostJman5, on 10 February 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

Hey Hunchback fans. This is what I run on my Grid Iron. I recommend equipping a Seismic Sensor so it's harder for lights to sneak up behind you. Your back armor is weak, but it's a necessity when you have to face all those assaults and heavies that saturate the game.

The extra ton of AC/20 ammo gives you the freedom to be a little more liberal in your shot selection. I will often take pot shots at passing lights knowing that I just need to get lucky once to ruin his day.

Don't underestimate the small lasers. They are a great source of DPS when you get in close. and it takes forever to overheat.

Listen to Jman... he is one of the best and most well-known HBK pilots in the game!

#78 Sh4dow78

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 234 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:42 AM

Just play that meta gaming .... GRID IRON if u dont use PPC u doing it wrong ...

#79 One of Little Harmony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 159 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:04 AM

Slightly more useful than the dual AC/20 Trollcada, the dual LBX10 hunchback must make some compromises to carry its heavy ballistic load: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...339d026f0649635

I recommend dropping medium lasers if you feel you really need more ammo/speed/armor. The legs are very light on armor but you shouldn't be engaging in direct combat with this anyway.

Also you might be more useful in the zombie version: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5e564ba96febd63

#80 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostJman5, on 10 February 2014 - 10:18 AM, said:

;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users