41 replies to this topic

#21 LiGhtningFF13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

LoL, are there any doors or not?! If I have any mechs with any kind of missiles I press the "open/L" button before I start to move my mech, just to be sure :P ! Except my ATLAS, I used it so often (cause im STEINER!) that the missiles almost go off if I only think so!

#22 Metafox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 360 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:36 AM

I apologize for creating the controversy. I did a quick test to make sure that I'm not crazy and the KTO definitely does have missile doors in the CT. You can see them visually in the mechlab as two horizontal bars in the CT, the top slightly wider than the bottom. You can find the indicator light in the middle of the right-side canopy bar in the cockpit. If you put a missile weapon in the CT, it will have a firing delay when the door is left closed. The exception is the KTO-20, which has no missile hardpoint in the CT.

Edited by Metafox, 08 January 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#23 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostMetafox, on 08 January 2014 - 10:36 AM, said:

stuff

I knew I wasn't going insane! :P Didn't want to start an argument, though.

o7

#24 Catalina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

Wow, what happened to this thread? :P

Finally I found the solution about the Kintaro and his weapon doors. Thanks a lot, Koolaid, for the new screenshots and helping me to solve this question and find the evidence.

The Kintaro also has weapon doors but... it just a center torso door. Here is the evidence:

If you don't own LRM or SRM in your center torso, the cockpit looks like this. The light is off, it looks black. This mech carries LRM but only in the side torso.

Posted Image

Only if you have put SRM's or LRM's in your torso hardpoint (yes, the KTO-20 doesn't own a center torso missile hardpoint) you can see the yellow or green light (closed/opened door). But there is no noticeable delay for firing the missiles. It doesn't matter if the door is closed or not.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This should help... I have edited the first post. Thanks a lot for your posts and help to solve this problem.

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 08 January 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#25 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

Ah, that clears up the Kintaro bay door. Thanks guys. ;) This is a well made guide btw and is sure to help newer players if these mechs get trials/or get into the rotation, or if a newer player wanted one mech with bay doors.

#26 chevy42083

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 114 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 02:40 PM

Huh... I knew that the "/" opened and closed. Learned about it around the time 3rd POV came out, so I always checked it.
I didn't know about the lights... which is way easier than going to 3rd person just to check it.

And I had NO idea it affected damage/armor. I usually opened first thing and never touched it again. Thanks for the info filled thread!

#27 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

View Postchevy42083, on 13 January 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

Huh... I knew that the "/" opened and closed. Learned about it around the time 3rd POV came out, so I always checked it.
I didn't know about the lights... which is way easier than going to 3rd person just to check it.

And I had NO idea it affected damage/armor. I usually opened first thing and never touched it again. Thanks for the info filled thread!

The problem with even taking a look at it 3pv is that not all mechs then can even see the doors. Like Kintaro would likely be hard, and Centurion is difficult to see the actual doors. Catapult and Stalker are probably easily seen though.

#28 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

View Postluxebo, on 13 January 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

The problem with even taking a look at it 3pv is that not all mechs then can even see the doors. Like Kintaro would likely be hard, and Centurion is difficult to see the actual doors. Catapult and Stalker are probably easily seen though.

I'd say that the Catapult and Stalker would be the only mechs you could do it for. The Centurion and Kintaro doors are on the front of the torso and occluded by the back of the chassis. The KTO door is on the CT!

#29 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

There used to be a way to look directly beneath your crotch in MW4 (looking directly at the ground), or directly behind you (seeing your mech in 3pv from the front without hud), but not in this game.

#30 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

Koniving stamp of approval. ;)

#31 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:52 AM

Smurfy's Page also provides Information on Doors.
Look at the Mech overview table: when there is a Door on a specific Launcher / Component, it is indicated with an four-squares-symbol next to the launcher mark (which also shows the tube count).

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#32 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:04 PM

Thanks chevy42083 for mentioning the " / " key. I was wondering how to open/close those doors. If anyone else is, it's the key that sits just to the left of the right shift key and shares the " ? ".

Good Hunting to all.

#33 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:56 AM

View PostAyrmoon, on 10 July 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

Thanks chevy42083 for mentioning the " / " key. I was wondering how to open/close those doors. If anyone else is, it's the key that sits just to the left of the right shift key and shares the " ? ".

Good Hunting to all.

There are plenty of different keyboard layouts all over the world. So this hint, as well-intentioned as it might be, is only true for US-keyboard layouts (I suppose).
E.g. on my keyboard the slash (" / ") is on the number 7, as 2nd function (have to press a key-combo to get it).That did not work ingame, not only it would have been clumsy, but also the game didn't recognize the key-combination. I had to remap the function in the settings.

Actually, I do recommend to take a look at the keyboard-mapping in the settings menu. Beside remapping functions as needed, you see which functions / features exists. (Like the weapon doors for example).

#34 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:27 AM

Ballimbo,

Yes you are right, I was referring to my keyboard layout (which is US-English type). I'm sorry for any confusion this might have caused others. I didn't intend to leave out our international neighbors.

And your tip of going into options and reviewing the keyboard-mapping is a great one.

Happy Hunting and don't forget to duck ;-)

#35 Ballimbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostAyrmoon, on 11 July 2014 - 05:27 AM, said:

Ballimbo,

Yes you are right, I was referring to my keyboard layout (which is US-English type). I'm sorry for any confusion this might have caused others. I didn't intend to leave out our international neighbors.

All fine, it wasn't my intention to objurgate (?) you or something. It was more an introductional explanation for the remaping / hinting to the keyboard settings, I hope you don't mind :D

You too, have fun

#36 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:32 AM

View Postsneeking, on 08 January 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

how complicated do doors need to be ?

its beyond a joke...

Makes perfect sense from a mech design point of view if you look at the stock builds, the torso has SRMs by default and you'll want to fire those immediately when a target gets close enough, whereas the LRMs on the arms give you time to pick targets so a delay is acceptable, and they'll need to be protected when you're fighting at close range.

#37 F R A N C I S

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 64 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

so how much more damage would you suffer from leaving them open?

#38 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 14 July 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostiUDEX nCr, on 14 July 2014 - 07:31 AM, said:

so how much more damage would you suffer from leaving them open?

You take normal damage for having them open.

You take reduced damage for leaving them closed.

Easy to test out as well - the Catapult in the testing grounds (Forest Colony)

40 armor in it's arms, weapon bay doors closed.

Shoot it twice with an AC20 and the armor is till there (if almost gone)

Open = normal damage
Closed = 10% less damage

#39 testhero

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 86 posts
  • LocationOrloff, Dutchy of Orloff

Posted 13 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

It appears that the House Marik technicians have removed the bay doors on My Centurions!
Perhaps in the last round of FWLM-wide updates.
At the same time they appear to have removed the frame reinforcements (quirks) I suppose since there is no longer a quirk to modify they saw no benefit to having the doors.
Don't recall any of the Kintaro's I have shot at opening any CT bay doors but they are quite a scarce mech over here in the Dutchy of Orloff.
The techs seem to have left the lights in. Lazy sods!

Edited by testhero, 13 January 2016 - 02:33 AM.

#40 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 09:18 AM

You forgot the archer that has weapon doors

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users