Red With Envy

215 replies to this topic

#101 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

Technically you can get colors for c-bills.

#102 IceCase88

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 689 posts
  • LocationDenzien of K-Town

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:42 PM

View PostProtoformX, on 10 January 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

Red with Envy? Red is anger, not envy. But lulz? :ph34r:

^^^^ What he said. Well said, My Friend... well said.

It really shows a like of attention to detail and general poor thinking. FYI It is green with envy.

The best word to describe this sale is "Flaccid." After a lame end of the year with no good sales to celebrate Christmas and New Years one would think they would start the year off with a bang to set a strong pace for 2014. Like another +30% MC sale and/or 30% off all hero mechs. We get a sale whose premise makes no sense and is completely lacking in every category. Very underwhelming. I hope February is as big as they say it is going to be. The player base is moving on because of lack of content and stagnant gameplay.

#103 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

Already had crimson red, but things like this are cool but if you ask me colors shouldnt be 1000 mc i feel like i wasted 14 dollars

#104 rekohunter

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 10 January 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Then answer this...WHy cant we buy paint schemes for cbills? We cant grind for them so obviously it's not a completely free. I'd understand this if they actually made good on their promises but even still to charge money for a different color is just greedy. I'm glad I uninstalled this. Hope this gets shut down and this disgrace of a game developer fades away.

Oh man. I totaly can't play this game unless I spend money on colors. Oh man, I totaly can't play this game unless everything is half off. Oh man it's not like I can get more stuff by PLAYING THE GAME.

Come on guys. Use your heads. It's a free to play game where you can pay for what you WANT if you even want to. You don't NEED to buy anything. All this moaning about "ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY!" Sure. They are a business. They want all your $$$, but they aren't forcing you to give it to them.

Look you wouldn't work for free. No one would. You also shouldn't be paid money for nothing. You clearly are getting whatever you paid for. Pay for a collor? YOU GET IT!

Hey... Hey guys... Hey guys... You read that last little blurb right? You fully worked it through your mind? If not we can wait. Go grab a soda, a burger, or hell watch an episode of Doctor Who. I just started it's a great series. Evil ex made me hate it for years till some co workers got me smashed and made me watch it. Any who! You back? You sitting down? You fully understood those words above this paragraph? Ok then. By reading further you legaly agree that you do!

Comunity Warfare.... UI 2.0.... new game modes.... new non hero mechs... new weapons.... new maps... dirext X11 support...
FREE!!!
Totally absolutely 100% free! Part of the main game. 100% Hop in, play with your mates. No charge, no charge. Absolutely 100% and absolutely free. All you have to do is log in and play. WONDEROUS! MARVELOUS! A true glorious thing!

Oh... hold on a tick. Didn't I just say no one should work for free? Well... Obviously someone has to work on this stuff. Someone has to get up, sit in traffic, come into work, and actually... produce this stuff... These things.... That you aren't going to be charged for. Must be some very generous folks! If you buy that last sentence I've got some sea side property in Arizona for 1$ for you!

The most likely senario is they sell you something else. Sell you something you don't NEED. Something that might be really cool and nifty or a quick route to something else you could earn normally, or a giant robot that plays HEAVY [redacted] METAL as it jumps on your face. See you don't need your mech to be purple and green stripes, mad props to the craziest little hunchie ever, nor do you need it to by any of the standard features in the game. Hell you don't need to shell out cash to play the game and have fun with your firends!

Everything they sell you is superficial. And hey guess what. It pays for all that stuff your clamoring for! It does! Think about it and quit throwing little temper tantrums. If anything NOT buying the colors and stuff helps these FREE features come out slower rather than faster.

So if you don't mind I'm gonna drop another few bucks on my clan package, eye that golden Mad Cat, and actually help get you all whinners exactly what you want! The FREE content! That I'm gonna play! FOR FREE! GLORIOUSLY FREE!

=====================
TL:DR due to ranting. They charge for NONESSENTIALS to pay for the essentials that are available for FREE
TL:DR 2 @$%# SPELLING!

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 10 January 2014 - 05:00 PM.
Filter bypass

#105 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

but then again, once you unlock the color its yours, so i can live with it

#106 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:56 PM

I just hope they do not shot my pc gamer atlas lol. I seen tk'ers of guys all red lol

#107 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Oh man. I totaly can't play this game unless I spend money on colors. Oh man, I totaly can't play this game unless everything is half off. Oh man it's not like I can get more stuff by PLAYING THE GAME.

Come on guys. Use your heads. It's a free to play game where you can pay for what you WANT if you even want to. You don't NEED to buy anything. All this moaning about "ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY!" Sure. They are a business. They want all your $$$, but they aren't forcing you to give it to them.

Look you wouldn't work for free. No one would. You also shouldn't be paid money for nothing. You clearly are getting whatever you paid for. Pay for a collor? YOU GET IT!

Hey... Hey guys... Hey guys... You read that last little blurb right? You fully worked it through your mind? If not we can wait. Go grab a soda, a burger, or hell watch an episode of Doctor Who. I just started it's a great series. Evil ex made me hate it for years till some co workers got me smashed and made me watch it. Any who! You back? You sitting down? You fully understood those words above this paragraph? Ok then. By reading further you legaly agree that you do!

Comunity Warfare.... UI 2.0.... new game modes.... new non hero mechs... new weapons.... new maps... dirext X11 support...
FREE!!!
Totally absolutely 100% free! Part of the main game. 100% Hop in, play with your mates. No charge, no charge. Absolutely 100% and absolutely free. All you have to do is log in and play. WONDEROUS! MARVELOUS! A true glorious thing!

Oh... hold on a tick. Didn't I just say no one should work for free? Well... Obviously someone has to work on this stuff. Someone has to get up, sit in traffic, come into work, and actually... produce this stuff... These things.... That you aren't going to be charged for. Must be some very generous folks! If you buy that last sentence I've got some sea side property in Arizona for 1$ for you!

The most likely senario is they sell you something else. Sell you something you don't NEED. Something that might be really cool and nifty or a quick route to something else you could earn normally, or a giant robot that plays HEAVY [redacted] METAL as it jumps on your face. See you don't need your mech to be purple and green stripes, mad props to the craziest little hunchie ever, nor do you need it to by any of the standard features in the game. Hell you don't need to shell out cash to play the game and have fun with your firends!

Everything they sell you is superficial. And hey guess what. It pays for all that stuff your clamoring for! It does! Think about it and quit throwing little temper tantrums. If anything NOT buying the colors and stuff helps these FREE features come out slower rather than faster.

So if you don't mind I'm gonna drop another few bucks on my clan package, eye that golden Mad Cat, and actually help get you all whinners exactly what you want! The FREE content! That I'm gonna play! FOR FREE! GLORIOUSLY FREE!

=====================
TL:DR due to ranting. They charge for NONESSENTIALS to pay for the essentials that are available for FREE
TL:DR 2 @$%# SPELLING!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 10 January 2014 - 05:01 PM.
Filter bypass in quote

#108 Hellen Wheels

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,326 posts
  • LocationDraconis March

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:03 PM

Every time I see a whiner post or that idiotic "N.O.P.E.", I commit a dollar to the game. Just to buy MC and save it up.

Edited by Hellen Wheels, 10 January 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#109 Pjwned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:12 PM

lol u mad bro lelbin epic meemee maymays xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#110 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 462 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:13 PM

How sad and incompetent are PGI? Use flamers?? Do you not know anything about your own damn game???

Edited by and zero, 10 January 2014 - 05:17 PM.

#111 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

FREE!!!

Ahh... So what you are saying is we shouldn't be waiting for the product to be released first, we should always pay first and I guess expect(hope) for the product later. Many have already done so and for a lot more than 200$, including myself. There comes a point in time where the content actually has to be delivered. UI2.0 and community warfare, I'll believe it when I see it and will have no issues with investing more money into the game once it happens, or if it even happens at all. "Playing" the game for free? What are we actually playing here? A few game modes with meaningless matches that have no context and don't really amount to anything.

#112 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 10 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

Every time I see a whiner post or that idiotic "N.O.P.E.", I commit a dollar to the game. Just to buy MC and save it up.

Time for N.O.P.E N.O.P.E.N.O.P.E N.O.P.E.N.O.P.E N.O.P.E.N.O.P.E N.O.P.E.N.O.P.E N.O.P.E.N.O.P.E N.O.P.E.

That's $10, get on it.

#113 Frost Lord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 10 January 2014 - 04:21 PM, said:

Then answer this...WHy cant we buy paint schemes for cbills? We cant grind for them so obviously it's not a completely free. I'd understand this if they actually made good on their promises but even still to charge money for a different color is just greedy. I'm glad I uninstalled this. Hope this gets shut down and this disgrace of a game developer fades away.

you can buy some with c- bills, I mostly buy them and use the extra MC i have after buying a hero mech to get the ones that are not. also spending real money on free to play games is what makes them free to play ironic I know but its nothing new.
if you feel so strongly about a game you no longer play, why are you lurking around the forums? it sounds rather spiteful and petty.

#114 AntharPrime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

View PostFrost Lord, on 10 January 2014 - 05:39 PM, said:

you can buy some with c- bills, I mostly buy them and use the extra MC i have after buying a hero mech to get the ones that are not. also spending real money on free to play games is what makes them free to play ironic I know but its nothing new.
if you feel so strongly about a game you no longer play, why are you lurking around the forums? it sounds rather spiteful and petty.

Which ones? I haven't seen any cbill paints available.

Edit: Never mind, I see those basic colours for 1.25 million each.

Edited by AntharPrime, 10 January 2014 - 05:47 PM.

#115 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

N.O.P.E.

That's $11 now.

#116 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 10 January 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

"Basic" colors if I recall correctly.

#117 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostAntharPrime, on 10 January 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

AntharPrime's sig had a nope, thats $12

#118 Victor Morson

• Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:04 PM

They could have used this chance to talk about the Combine reds.

They could have talked about other non-Combine units that run red.

Instead they introduce this sale with "U mad bro?"

:P

PGI, please, use your IP.

#119 ShadowMaw

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 10 January 2014 - 09:53 AM, said:

Forget the pitchforks, charge up your POTATO GUN and prep the flamers, it's time to get GREEN WITH ENVY.

Fixed it for you.

View PostSylvenkind, on 10 January 2014 - 03:18 PM, said:

This is a free to play game! No one forced you to pay a dime, and what you did pay for you got!

You are absolitly right it is FREE. And that is why I have not given them one cent until I see a game I want to spend money on. I was wating for the clans but now with all the content that has not been added and the nerfing of things like the potato gun, clan mechs it looks like I won't be spending a cent either. So I will just play it for FREE once in a while.

N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E N.O.P.E

Pony up 20 dollars for the nopes and 1 for the POTATO GUN whine. You owe PGI 21 bucks.... get cracking boy.

Edited by ShadowMaw, 10 January 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#120 rekohunter

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 January 2014 - 05:35 PM, said:

Ahh... So what you are saying is we shouldn't be waiting for the product to be released first, we should always pay first and I guess expect(hope) for the product later. Many have already done so and for a lot more than 200$, including myself. There comes a point in time where the content actually has to be delivered. UI2.0 and community warfare, I'll believe it when I see it and will have no issues with investing more money into the game once it happens, or if it even happens at all. "Playing" the game for free? What are we actually playing here? A few game modes with meaningless matches that have no context and don't really amount to anything.

Really? A product. Are you really going to pull this when it's so clearly spelled out for for you. These things you want. These things you are complaining about. THEY ARE NOT A PRODUCT! To be a "PRODUCT" as you so put it they have to charge you money for it. Are you totally daft, or are you so mad that you have gone temporarily bonkers? I'm going to break your post down. Point by point.

Ahh... So what you are saying is we shouldn't be waiting for the product to be released first, we should always pay first and I guess expect(hope) for the product later. Many have already done so and for a lot more than 200$, including myself. There comes a point in time where the content actually has to be delivered.

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG! YOU'RE WRONG!
You have gotten every single thing you have paid for. EVERY! SINGLE! THING! If you didn't then that would be theft and you are utterly mental if you think otherwise. MENTAL I SAY.
Let me break it down for you. Never once, never ever ever ever once was this game a "PRODUCT." There never was any "Pay X or you can't play." And no beta access does not count. Better cut that off before anyone gets any funny ideas. You bought founders. You got the mechs, premium, the mech cash. You bought Phoenix and got every thing out of it. You have literally gotten every thing you have PAID for.
There is simply no "PRODUCT" undelivered. What you are referring to is a feature that will be avialable to all. FREE OF CHARGE. That they never once explicitly put a price tag on.

UI2.0 and community warfare, I'll believe it when I see it and will have no issues with investing more money into the game once it happens, or if it even happens at all.

This is the only thing you're not being daft about. It's your opinion. You're entitled to it. You don't HAVE to pay anything to keep playing the game. You don't NEED to keep giving money to keep playing.

"Playing" the game for free? What are we actually playing here? A few game modes with meaningless matches that have no context and don't really amount to anything.

While I can't argue your own personal definitions of MEANING and MEANINGLESSNESS I sure can point out how utterly WRONG you are on the definition of "Playing"
Can you log into a match? Can you look at another mech? When you click do you not fire a gun(results may vary depending on control schemes)? Well guess what? YOU ARE PLAYING THE BLOODY GAME. You are interacting with a lump of computer code, putting in commands, and that code is reacting. REGAURDLESS of your opinion of the meaning of it the cold hard fact is that you are indeed PLAYING the game.
White Panther. You're a bright lad, at least I'm banking on that, but your grasp on basic concepts and definitions are warped at best. The game it's self is not a product. You have gotten everything you have paid for. You can play the game for free. You don't HAVE to buy anything in the game. You really don't.
You payed $200 or more? Good for you. So did I. So did a lot of people. The only thing I haven't gotten yet is the Clan Pack. Why? Cause it's not out yet. You, me, and everyone who has spent money on this game has gotten what they paid for.
THIS IS AN INDISPUTABLE FACT! IT CAN NOT BE ARGURED!
If you didn't get an item you paid for hit up CS. They'll get it for you!
Everyone needs to stop acting like, "Oh I paid for something in a free to play game. That gives me a right to feel entitled to gripe about them wanting money from their actual products that produce revenue cause they haven't finished a free feature."
White Panther... Everyone. Do you even really understand that this stuff costs money? Do you full understand what product development entails? The time it takes to get every thing right? The fact that a something you built 2 months ago is incompatible with something in your new feature that you now have to deal with? What if that breaks another thing? Time and money. Time and money.
I'm not trying to lay into anyone here.... wait... yes I am... BUT everyone seems to think they know everything about how to make a game. I don't and I've worked in the game industry. Had to report my own name as a bug. WAS GLORIOUS. The little ' in my last name crapped the creddits out. See! ONE LITTLE THING! All it takes it the smallest, most insugnificant, thing... AND BLAM! All up in smoke! The build is no go! The Atlas has no head, The jagger's arms fly off and send everything they hit flying... BOOM!
Development. It takes time and money. How do they make money on MWO? Selling MC and these packs like founders and clan. They give you access to colors and stuff quicker. A point could be argued as to Hero mechs being a cash grab due to their obvious benefits, but that's a topic for another time!

My overall point, past all the rantings and ravings of a mad man, is that in the bloody end they have to pay for these features we all want somehow. STOP HOLDING THAT AGAINST THEM! They have to pay their staff! That's how it works!
Ahem. I'm going to take a minute to point out something. Something said by someone that actually gets it.

View PostShadowMaw, on 10 January 2014 - 06:10 PM, said:

You are absolutely right it is FREE. And that is why I have not given them one cent until I see a game I want to spend money on. I was waiting for the clans but now with all the content that has not been added and the nerfing of things like the potato gun, clan mechs it looks like I won't be spending a cent either. So I will just play it for FREE once in a while.

YOU LOVELY AND WONDERFULL THING YOU GET IT! YOU REALLY DO! I could kiss you! You lovely bloody *******!

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users