215 replies to this topic

#181 WanderingSoul

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 64 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

They're making new content, look what I found! PGI leaked it to me directly, totally.

Posted Image

#182 Alabaster Black

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:35 PM

View PostFunbags, on 10 January 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

Yup.

Yup. I bought my Phoenix and reinforcement package with glee (and insane money on MC prior.) but until I see real new content and some promises delivered, I lack the confidence to spend more money on the Clan stuff. It is hard to get a refund when a game goes black. Is there a way to see financials or a more current development schedule?

If I have missed it on the forums, then my bad. Are the trolls just getting to me, or are there real reasons for concern?

Edited by Alabaster Black, 11 January 2014 - 10:37 PM.

#183 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:38 PM

I'm fine with the pricing on colours and patterns but this game sucks nowdays and not really worth throwing money at anymore. All the fun is gone. Bringing in a 1 vs 1 mode and lobby would help keep it on life support.

#184 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

All these opinions!

Posted Image

#185 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:02 AM

I really, didnt want to waste good MC on colors, skins i can understand.

#186 Featherwood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:52 AM

View PostWanderingSoul, on 11 January 2014 - 10:29 PM, said:

They're making new content, look what I found! PGI leaked it to me directly, totally.

Pee Gee Eye? That made me chuckle ^_^

#187 Hellz Own

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:09 AM

N.O.P.E.

#188 Jay Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 209 posts
  • LocationJumpship in the Periphery

Posted 12 January 2014 - 08:41 AM

View PostEgomane, on 10 January 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:

This is an MWO thread, not one to advertise Star Citizen. Please do that in the SC thread in Off-Topic!

Posted Image

#189 Mindwyrm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts
  • LocationIndiana USA

Posted 12 January 2014 - 09:53 AM

View PostWanderingSoul, on 10 January 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

Agreed but there are other ways to communicate with them besides punching them in their funding? News to me.

Yea. A lot of people are choosing to communicate with raging and trolling of PGI. Or deliberate campaigns to downvote MWO's meta rating. It's an option, but not one I believe will work. I do believe PGI will listen to the $. Hence, N.C.N.C. I'll give money to PGI for this game when this game gets the content I've patiently been waiting a very long time for.

View PostHellen Wheels, on 10 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

Every time I see a whiner post or that idiotic "N.O.P.E.", I commit a dollar to the game. Just to buy MC and save it up.

You going to donate for N.C.N.C. as well? :P Won't matter to me, I don't think your $1 is going to make up for the ~$800 I've got in this game. Or the hundreds more I had planned to spend for premium time, Hero mechs, or Clan package.

Edited by Mindwyrm, 12 January 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#190 Caballo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 416 posts
  • Location"Mechs are mobile war machines. You're either moving, or you're dead"

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

View PostHellen Wheels, on 10 January 2014 - 05:03 PM, said:

Every time I see a whiner post or that idiotic "N.O.P.E.", I commit a dollar to the game. Just to buy MC and save it up.

You're gonna need a huge wallet, troll...

#191 Ausrick

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

If the Apple Jack pattern is on sale... When do we get our Rainbow Dash pattern?

#192 Ichijo

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:15 AM

View PostEgomane, on 11 January 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

It's always great how time frames are expanded, when someone desperatly wants something.

We can't even play MWO for two years yet. Earliest I have seen where some Developer reports about awesome battles in late march 2012, in their friends and family beta. Closed Beta began two months or so later. So at best we now have 20 months of gameplay. Open Beta was started in October 2012, which is 15 months ago.

So wherever you got your numbers from, they are wrong by a serious margin.

Time for a lesson in reading comprehension:

He was saying that by the time CW is currently scheduled to hit that it will have been 2 years...

#193 TheRealPope478

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 01:49 AM

My feelings on this game are mixed at the moment. I haven't spent any real money on this game (I bought a few mech bays is all). The reason being that nothing they are trying to sale really catches my eye. Even if they offered a misery of heavy metal on sale I doubt I would buy one. I have so many mechs that its hard just for me to get all my daily doubles done.

I am worried too that even the plans that PGI has in the works are not going to change my opinion much on this game. I'm unsure how CW will actually work and I have no clue why UI 2.0 is such a big deal. PGI has pretty much said that all other developments hinge upon UI 2.0, but I haven't been able to find any real posts about how it and CW will actually work.

I watched a Vlog about some of there ideas and it seemed that most of there of there stuff is still in the planning phase. There wasn't very much that seemed set in stone. Which makes me have very real doubts that PGI will hit its last set of time lines which they posted.

I know this seem off topic but I feel my opinions are shared by a great number of the players in this game. We are not interested in color sales or new hero mechs. We would like updates and any new REAL intel on UI 2.0 that you have when we log in. PGI you need to realize that a lot of very hard core MechWarrior fans have lost there trust in you. You promised UI 2.0 in feb. and that is just around the corner. If you don't have any NEW announcements regarding this fast approaching deadline that YOU set, then you are asking for trouble.

Don't take this wrong I actually like playing your game, but the fewer players there are the less fun it is. I REALLY liked the game play in MechWarrior living legends but it's not as fun when it's only about 4 people playing.

#194 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

Ruby says:

I am totally into RED BUT this latest offering is soooo yesterday ... sigh ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Aidan, 13 January 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#195 Capriel

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

View Postfocuspark, on 10 January 2014 - 12:43 PM, said:

The asterisk subtext says "each purchase unlocks patterns or all 'mechs within a chassis type" leading newbs to believe if they purchase one of the 'mechs they'll get all the other 'mechs in the chassis type (i.e. all Victor version). Sombody aught to fix that.

If my company (a UK retailer) put this advert out, even though these are "obviously" typos, we would be OBLIGED by law to honour the advertised deal.

I am certain similar laws exist in Canada, even if my national laws do not apply to sales from overseas websites (which they actually might....)

Where are ALL my mechs of a chassis type for 50% off the price of one, PGI, like you advertised?

Fetch your lawyers or the free stuff, please.

#196 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:23 AM

View PostAidan, on 13 January 2014 - 07:45 AM, said:

Ruby says:

I am totally into RED BUT this latest offering is soooo yesterday ... sigh :D

Posted Image

Need this as a cockpit item. But since it says nVidia when the game launches, well.........

Edited by Ngamok, 13 January 2014 - 08:23 AM.

#197 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 08:40 AM

Some personal thoughts on Mech cosmetics:

Colors are too similar in-game, therefore it makes little sense to charge that much for a simple tone. The good thing is that this is an asset you can apply to any current and future mech.

The patterns are another issue. I know that they take time to adapt to each mech, but not being able to use an expensive purchased pattern in every one (especially due to the fact each pattern exists on every chassis) is a complete let down that I never understand considering the hefty price tag.

The fact that we cannot program camouflages (for example, greens to Forest Colony, whites to Alpine, etc...) is something that PGI misses and would capitalize the investment in no time - possible allowing a permanent price drop. People would buy more since colors would become a tactical issue.

Also, having the hability to save presets and to manage squad/lance-wide colors in a drop, would be a tremendous value increase on colors and patterns in my humble opinion.

#198 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

I agree with sabujo, especially considering the fact that no matter what colors one might purchase and use to customize their mech just the way they want, most maps completely wash those colors out or alter them outright to match the environment.

#199 focuspark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostCapriel, on 13 January 2014 - 08:11 AM, said:

If my company (a UK retailer) put this advert out, even though these are "obviously" typos, we would be OBLIGED by law to honour the advertised deal.

I am certain similar laws exist in Canada, even if my national laws do not apply to sales from overseas websites (which they actually might....)

Where are ALL my mechs of a chassis type for 50% off the price of one, PGI, like you advertised?

Fetch your lawyers or the free stuff, please.

Yup. Same laws apply in most* of the United States as well. I believe the difference here is that MWO is trafficking in its own currency and not a nationally regulated currency. This likely gives them wide latitude.

View PostAusrick, on 12 January 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

If the Apple Jack pattern is on sale... When do we get our Rainbow Dash pattern?

Oh god - I actually understood this reference. What has my 2 year old daughter done to me?

#200 JohnnyBlue07

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 66 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

View Postrekohunter, on 10 January 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

Oh man. I totaly can't play this game unless I spend money on colors. Oh man, I totaly can't play this game unless everything is half off. Oh man it's not like I can get more stuff by PLAYING THE GAME.

Come on guys. Use your heads. It's a free to play game where you can pay for what you WANT if you even want to. You don't NEED to buy anything. All this moaning about "ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY!" Sure. They are a business. They want all your $$$, but they aren't forcing you to give it to them.

Look you wouldn't work for free. No one would. You also shouldn't be paid money for nothing. You clearly are getting whatever you paid for. Pay for a collor? YOU GET IT!

Hey... Hey guys... Hey guys... You read that last little blurb right? You fully worked it through your mind? If not we can wait. Go grab a soda, a burger, or hell watch an episode of Doctor Who. I just started it's a great series. Evil ex made me hate it for years till some co workers got me smashed and made me watch it. Any who! You back? You sitting down? You fully understood those words above this paragraph? Ok then. By reading further you legaly agree that you do!

Comunity Warfare.... UI 2.0.... new game modes.... new non hero mechs... new weapons.... new maps... dirext X11 support...
FREE!!!
Totally absolutely 100% free! Part of the main game. 100% Hop in, play with your mates. No charge, no charge. Absolutely 100% and absolutely free. All you have to do is log in and play. WONDEROUS! MARVELOUS! A true glorious thing!

Oh... hold on a tick. Didn't I just say no one should work for free? Well... Obviously someone has to work on this stuff. Someone has to get up, sit in traffic, come into work, and actually... produce this stuff... These things.... That you aren't going to be charged for. Must be some very generous folks! If you buy that last sentence I've got some sea side property in Arizona for 1$ for you!

The most likely senario is they sell you something else. Sell you something you don't NEED. Something that might be really cool and nifty or a quick route to something else you could earn normally, or a giant robot that plays HEAVY [redacted] METAL as it jumps on your face. See you don't need your mech to be purple and green stripes, mad props to the craziest little hunchie ever, nor do you need it to by any of the standard features in the game. Hell you don't need to shell out cash to play the game and have fun with your firends!

Everything they sell you is superficial. And hey guess what. It pays for all that stuff your clamoring for! It does! Think about it and quit throwing little temper tantrums. If anything NOT buying the colors and stuff helps these FREE features come out slower rather than faster.

So if you don't mind I'm gonna drop another few bucks on my clan package, eye that golden Mad Cat, and actually help get you all whinners exactly what you want! The FREE content! That I'm gonna play! FOR FREE! GLORIOUSLY FREE!

=====================
TL:DR due to ranting. They charge for NONESSENTIALS to pay for the essentials that are available for FREE
TL:DR 2 @$%# SPELLING!

I get your point about this game being "free", but if I dig deep down, all I hear is this: You suck the devs and publisher's gauss rifle, and you pay them real cash while you do it. Afterall, their gauss rifles are free to suck, paying them is optional.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users