Mwo Has New Google Ads

Answered

273 replies to this topic

#101 Spokes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 12 January 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Has anyone else seen these ads that aren't Goon, Kong, and SS? I used to see Mwo ads all the time. I've yet to see these.

I just pulled up Sarna.net and am staring at one of these ads now. They're out there.

#102 Lonestar1771

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:36 AM

[redacted]

Right I have facts you have opinion so I win, it is spoken so shall it be written. You may go now.

Edited by miSs, 12 January 2014 - 12:34 PM.
removed moderated quote

#103 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:40 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 12 January 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

Right I have facts you have opinion so I win, it is spoken so shall it be written. You may go now.

And yet, you've failed to provide any of these 'facts'. Just stop dude, you're apparently out of your league.

#104 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:44 AM

View Postvalkyrie, on 11 January 2014 - 09:14 PM, said:

Only if I can borrow your reality distortion field.

someone read steve jobs biography

#105 mualmoli

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:45 AM

Hi, my neighbors like to watch me and that kind of scenario is the only thing you should be scared of. One has sceliosis and walks like a hyper zombie while the other is rotund and likes to clean his driveway with a hose. Other than that there are a bunch of gardners who like to vandalize my wall and whistle while they do it. Are these the people who do good for society and deserve 'respect'? I think not.

#106 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:46 AM

View PostInfernus1986, on 12 January 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

http://mmotraffic.co...003721006906936
there is the direct ad link
mmo traffic info
surprise its another shady advertising country company
http://mmotraffic.co...w-us-operations

I was just about to post the same info.

Not sure how web advertising companies like these work, although I've seen enough of them do similar things. Not sure why they think its okay to use art assets not given to them directly.

EDIT: Also does this mean we get to blame the Netherlands for something?

Edited by DirePhoenix, 12 January 2014 - 11:50 AM.

#107 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:47 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 January 2014 - 11:40 AM, said:

And yet, you've failed to provide any of these 'facts'. Just stop dude, you're apparently out of your league.

There's leagues now? Roadbeer, you're better than this and frankly you're embarrassing yourself. I'm actually starting to feel bad. I mean you are so blinded by your inane need to troll you're missing the facts. If you're so hell bent on proving me wrong why not dig for yourself?

#108 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 12 January 2014 - 11:47 AM, said:

There's leagues now? Roadbeer, you're better than this and frankly you're embarrassing yourself. I'm actually starting to feel bad. I mean you are so blinded by your inane need to troll you're missing the facts. If you're so hell bent on proving me wrong why not dig for yourself?

So you have none... got it.

#109 Thunder Lips Express

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 905 posts
  • LocationFrom parts unknown

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

View Postdymlos2003, on 12 January 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

Has anyone else seen these ads that aren't Goon, Kong, and SS? I used to see Mwo ads all the time. I've yet to see these.

i've seen the ads on a couple different websites, hockeybuzz.com lordsofpain.net and sarna

#110 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 12 January 2014 - 11:46 AM, said:

I was just about to post the same info.

Not sure how web advertising companies like these work, although I've seen enough of them do similar things. Not sure why they think its okay to use art assets not given to them directly.

Yah, are they hired by IGP to drive views, or do they horn in on the ad revenue they are paying out by driving traffic there on their own? My guess is that it is unauthorized but not sure how that works. They may do it just to drive traffic to their site too.

Weird weird stuff.

#111 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 January 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

So you have none... got it.

There's plenty of evidence to support my side of the argument I just don't feel the need to repost what so many have proven time and time again. Just because you choose to disagree with facts do not make them less so. Try harder, bromigo

#112 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostLonestar1771, on 12 January 2014 - 11:56 AM, said:

There's plenty of evidence to support my side of the argument I just don't feel the need to repost what so many have proven time and time again. Just because you choose to disagree with facts do not make them less so. Try harder, bromigo

Well, if they're facts, and it's so prolific, it should be easy for you to produce one. Or even remotely reference one.
Fail Nerdrage is Fail.

#113 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:01 PM

View Postmualmoli, on 12 January 2014 - 11:45 AM, said:

Hi, my neighbors like to watch me and that kind of scenario is the only thing you should be scared of. One has sceliosis and walks like a hyper zombie while the other is rotund and likes to clean his driveway with a hose. Other than that there are a bunch of gardners who like to vandalize my wall and whistle while they do it. Are these the people who do good for society and deserve 'respect'? I think not.

The surreal is strong with this one. I approve.

#114 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:05 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 January 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

Well, if they're facts, and it's so prolific, it should be easy for you to produce one. Or even remotely reference one.
Fail Nerdrage is Fail.

So stop being lazy and look for yourself? I'm sure someone has already linked you to the proof several times, but I'm also sure you used your alternate reality machine to explain it away.

Nerdrage? Wow you really are slipping. How about you step away from the keyboard, count to ten, and have your mom make you some pizza rolls and then come back when you aren't so grumpy. That or have a snickers, I hear those are great for bringing you back to normalcy.

#115 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:09 PM

Ahem.

Hate to do this to you Roadbeer, but you leave me no choice.

Ladies! You're BOTH beautiful!

#116 Corvus Antaka

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:14 PM

Well if PGI/IGP has the rights to btech via microsoft, I imagine that any art created by fans within the universe belongs to battletech anyhow. So even if PGI is running these ads or some third party they hired is and is using old art assets fans made I really don't see the problem.

No different than harmony gold owning the unseen, etc.

It definitely "looks" like PGI or IGP is paying for this. Who else would stand to benefit paying for ads leading to mwo signup page?

it goes to your profile if you are logged in, signup if logged out.

I'm guessing for sarna this art was chosen as it's more old style btech and appealing to tabletop fans.

best place to find the ad is refreshing sarna.

odd choice considering the new art is much better, and the one thing that makes me suspicious, but given where the ads link to it does seem IGP is behind this.

#117 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:22 PM

View PostLonestar1771, on 12 January 2014 - 12:05 PM, said:

So stop being lazy and look for yourself? I'm sure someone has already linked you to the proof several times, but I'm also sure you used your alternate reality machine to explain it away.

LOL, so you're actually telling me to look for the reasons you feel that PGI has been misleading? How about you ask me to look for the reasons behind your belief/disbelief in God as well. :P

#118 Lonestar1771

• 1,991 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 12 January 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

LOL, so you're actually telling me to look for the reasons you feel that PGI has been misleading? How about you ask me to look for the reasons behind your belief/disbelief in God as well. :P

You were asking me so I only thought it was polite to return the favor. I mean why should I do something just because some {Dezgra} on the internet asked me to?

#119 Roadbeer

• Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Posted Image

#120 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 12 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

Is this in K-town until you can get more info on it, Egomane?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users