The Underrated Locust

4831 replies to this topic

#4101 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

Wouldn´t it be great if we folks could get a group drop in on patch day running all Locusts? Posted Image We could call ourselves the tiny brigade Posted Image

#4102 Vlasterx

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBetelguese

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:38 AM

That would be so much fun :) A swarm of locusts :D

#4103 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

soon also underscaled,

I wonder if this makes the locust able to pass through a few more and interesting locations on the maps.

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 June 2016 - 01:02 AM.

#4104 Kmieciu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:15 AM

I already have 4 Locusts, but after the rescale I'm tempted to buy a LCT-3S 4xSRM2 - the mini Oxide :-)

Posted Image

Edited by Kmieciu, 20 June 2016 - 01:25 AM.

#4105 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:25 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 20 June 2016 - 01:15 AM, said:

I already have 4 Locusts, but after the rescale I'm tempted to buy a LCT-3S 4xSRM2 - the mini Oxide :-)

you should use 2 and a half ton ammo and a small alsers, because that leaves you with a backup weapon in case you run out of ammo.

#4106 Kmieciu

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,437 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:51 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 20 June 2016 - 01:25 AM, said:

you should use 2 and a half ton ammo and a small alsers, because that leaves you with a backup weapon in case you run out of ammo.

I'll take an extra 50 SRMs (107,5 damage potential) over the one puny small laser. SRMs are safer to use (less face time, more rage) and work great combined with Locust mobility quirks.

#4107 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:07 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 20 June 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

I'll take an extra 50 SRMs (107,5 damage potential) over the one puny small laser. SRMs are safer to use (less face time, more rage) and work great combined with Locust mobility quirks.

Notice here, Kmieciu did not make a typo when he said "rage" SRMs on light mechs are fueled mainly by rage. Even moreso when they come from the tiniest li'l ankle biter that can.

#4108 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:27 AM

Screw you guys, you're making me seriously consider running a streakcrow for the FIRST FUNKING TIME IN MY MWO LIFE. Posted Image

Posted Image

#4109 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:33 AM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 20 June 2016 - 04:27 AM, said:

Screw you guys, you're making me seriously consider running a streakcrow for the FIRST FUNKING TIME IN MY MWO LIFE. Posted Image

Posted Image

Why not run a Locust with us? Be part of the swarm.

Posted Image

Edited by IraqiWalker, 20 June 2016 - 04:35 AM.

#4110 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:04 AM

My first game back in about 3 months. I hop into the LCT-1E with 6 SPLs, 591 dmg, 3kills, 6 assists.

It was a beautiful match, tbh. It was on Frozen City Night. I head into the tunnel, and as I spot an enemy on my seismic sensor, an ally joins me (ACH I think), we get bum rushed by a CDA-F, and a Centy (AL I believe), and out of nowhere, a friendly Ebon Jaguar pops up, we pew pew, and dakka dakka, and drop the centy quickly. After that we just drop down into the enemy's back line, and it's just us three for the most part, with my Locust and the friendly ACH just wreaking HAVOC on the enemy.

This was around the point when the enemy formation decided to just back pedal and smash us. Thankfully, our voice comms were filled with the angry cries of "What are you doing, charge them, they're all busy with our lights behind them!" Just like that, we go from panicked running and gunning, to honest to god hunter mode.

Thanks to the Locust being so tiny, I start dancing around some heavies, they try to take aim at me, and the flashy lasers that come from my mech, but then decide to focus the bigger mech smacking them with what seems like more dakka. Soon, the enemy formation crumbles, I start getting LRM'd by the enemy mechs which, being a Locust, is not unusual, nor difficult to dodge, until I run into an enemy Nova with 2 ERPPCs.

He was the mech I hated killing the most, because there was no way he was going to land a hit on me. Even with the new rescale for the Nova, I was still dancing around him, like he was a heavy mech, then the pilot decides to JJ up, and over a building, where I can't follow. My team starts wrecking them since they are exposed, and I take the kill by destroying it's legs.

After that comes the enemy LRM Stalker. I chase him, he tries to hit me with his MLs, then he dips into the passageway by B4 that leads down to the canyon. I follow after him. He was trying to limit my mobility, but since the 1E is made of speed, I zip by, get on some weirdly shaped terrain, and ninja myself behind him, where I now have a clear shot into his rear CT. 2 quick alphas, and the STK is down.

Last enemy mech? 2 LRM 5 raven. He zipped around, and through, our entire team multiple times, trying to delay us, and run the clock, before finally dying. A valiant effort, and a lesson to try and always pack a back up weapon, so you may annoy your enemies even in your last dying breath (is that redundant?).

This post could have been written significantly better, but it's 6 AM, I haven't slept in over 30 hours, so forgive/sue me.

TL;DR: LCT still alpha predator.

Posted Image

Edited by IraqiWalker, 20 June 2016 - 05:06 AM.

#4111 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:09 AM

Downloading patch... Waiting for Smallcust...

If we want a Locust swarm, we need a date to do it. Anyone got organizing skills?

#4112 Vlasterx

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationBetelguese

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostDarthHias, on 21 June 2016 - 10:09 AM, said:

Downloading patch... Waiting for Smallcust...

If we want a Locust swarm, we need a date to do it. Anyone got organizing skills?

Make a unit and let people apply for it on forums? :)

#4113 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:31 AM

Ohmyitssotinyandcute

Edit: First live evidence of Locust postpatch

Posted Image

Edited by DarthHias, 21 June 2016 - 10:41 AM.

#4114 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:58 AM

Well, first game in the Lil'Cust was a bust.. new Frozen City map, stationary minimap, I had a really hard time orientating myself lol

#4115 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

Yeah that minimap really gave me some headaches ^^

#4116 Takashi Uchida

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 496 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

Second time around, a bit better. HPG, 500 dmg 2k using the 1E. I still feel like I'm going to charge headfirst into the enemy at any moment! Miss the directional enemy indicators as will as the rotating map!

#4117 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:09 AM

View PostKmieciu, on 20 June 2016 - 01:51 AM, said:

so you like squishy arm only wepaons? thast fine.

View PostDarthHias, on 21 June 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

Yeah that minimap really gave me some headaches ^^

yes it will need some time getting used to it, especially since it makes it a bit harder to tell your own exact troso orientation after a bit twisting and stressy pew pew.

Edited by Lily from animove, 30 June 2016 - 02:06 AM.

#4118 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:33 PM

Heheheheh, first game in the Pirates Bane was an interesting one. 469 damage, and I managed to dodge under a Timby's laserfire.

#4119 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:17 PM

Tina was running a Locust in the dev stream Posted Image Gotta love a woman with a good taste Posted Image

#4120 shopsmart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 01:27 PM

Loving the smaller size. Lots of confusion with the mini map now enabling the locust to wreck havoc. HAVE to use the direction arrow which I never liked.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users