#4141 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostBlind Baku, on 24 June 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Abaddon/Apolyion is called the king of the locust, oddly enough a creature that "has no king"...

Nice! Ill have to look that up to see if i can fit it in. Logo is gonna need condensed anyhow. So i will try to make variations on a theme.

#4142 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:01 PM

View PostVirlutris, on 21 June 2016 - 04:12 PM, said:

Nono, try Plague Local No. 8.

Locusts were 8th of the 10 plagues on Egypt, and the collective noun for Locusts is "a plague" of locusts. It works on multiple levels ;)

Where's 3xnihilo? He'll back me up (I hope).

You summoned me? I have been taking a break due to an unusually busy real life for the past month.

You are correct locusts were the 8th plague on Egypt. However, while it is perfectly fine to refer to a swarm of locusts as a plague of locusts, swarm is probably the proper descriptive of a large gathering of locusts. Plague does better reference the destructive qualities of a locust swarm though ;)

And, am I properly reading that locusts have been resized? Sorry it takes to long to read a month of posts on here. What is new with our small friends?

Edited by 3xnihilo, 25 June 2016 - 12:28 PM.

#4143 DarthHias

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:03 PM

I like this semantic discourse on the destructive capabilities of a gathering of Locusts.

Also that picture, I will totally drop that on some Antilight Crusader when it´s finished Posted Image

#4144 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

View PostBlind Baku, on 24 June 2016 - 12:59 PM, said:

Abaddon/Apolyion is called the king of the locust, oddly enough a creature that "has no king"...

Fittingly enough Abaddon (Hebrew)/Apollyon (Greek) means "the destroyer".

It is kind of odd using using my theology and Bible training in a discussion about a video game :P

#4145 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 02:50 PM

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 June 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

You summoned me? I have been taking a break due to an unusually busy real life for the past month.

You are correct locusts were the 8th plague on Egypt. However, while it is perfectly fine to refer to a swarm of locusts as a plague of locusts, swarm is probably the proper descriptive of a large gathering of locusts. Plague does better reference the destructive qualities of a locust swarm though Posted Image

And, am I properly reading that locusts have been resized? Sorry it takes to long to read a month of posts on here. What is new with our small friends?
Locusts have significantly reduced in size, while basically all other IS lights have generally increased in size, and the 35T mechs are now medium sized.
Several light mechs also received an increase in movement archetype, making them more sluggish overall.

#4146 3xnihilo

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 25 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostOvion, on 25 June 2016 - 02:50 PM, said:

Locusts have significantly reduced in size, while basically all other IS lights have generally increased in size, and the 35T mechs are now medium sized.
Several light mechs also received an increase in movement archetype, making them more sluggish overall.

Ah, got ya! Thanks. I am going to be a week catching up on everything I think.

#4147 Solahma

• Fury
  • Fury
  • 1,364 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNerv HQ, Tokyo-3

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:46 PM

lololol this thing is tiny, and delicious

http://plays.tv/vide...ac8d/super-sola

#4148 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 24 June 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Concept for Local 8 Locust Union of Plagues

Posted Image
By no means finished, im just avoiding packing and moving out of my apartment.

So,

We have overall 'salty tears' shape.

Pyramid up top - Illuminati style with 'L' for Locust.

20 tons established 6-2016(hidden joke, established as in 'made man' or 'finally viable') this last patch.

The 'shadow' of the pyramid is a pentagon referencing pentagram = evil. Shadow is bigger than pyramid referencing its greatness.

'Local 8' as in the 8th plague of Egypt.

'ordo unius legionis' is google translate for roughly 'Tier 1 is leagion' or 'Legion is tier 1'. my Latin sucks.

And at the base, 'SALT' and 'RAGE' the building blocks of the Union

Input, please.

Also, ive had a stint as a designer but type was never my forte. So if anyone more skilled wants to have a go at it, go ahead.
This is for the community. This is for solidarity against all the poo poo sour butthurts who got too comfortable in their fatmechs.
This is to have something to rock on your sleeve come decal-day...or whatever we gonna call it.

Enjoi !!!

I was wondering. Can we make the tear shape more .. tear-y? Less polygons, more streamlined curves? We'd still end up with a triangle at the top either way.

Other than that, I am loving this. If they ever allow player made Decals into the game, I'm slapping this one on all my locusts.

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 June 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

It is kind of odd using using my theology and Bible training in a discussion about a video game Posted Image

They're all connected!

Posted Image

#4149 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:03 PM

I had the distinct honour of running half of a Pirate's Bane light pair tonight, one of whom kept flamer locking the enemy. It's so unfair for those poor heavies an assualts, locust no matter where you turn, not enough heat to maintain pressure an no missile support.

Not sure about the decal though.

~Leone.

#4150 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 25 June 2016 - 08:45 PM, said:

I was wondering. Can we make the tear shape more .. tear-y? Less polygons, more streamlined curves? We'd still end up with a triangle at the top either way.

Yeah, ill just have to refresh myself on how to bezier curve stuff. I use InkScape, which is free and decent, but i really havent done much design work in 10 years.

I also need to pare down some of the symbolism, but it can be kept via other means.

#4151 DarthHias

• Shredder
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 06:56 AM

I just salvaged this from Bush Hopper:

Posted Image

Use at your own discretion on salty Assault players Posted Image

#4152 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 04:44 PM

Oh man, I just got a good look at the new Locust - it's amazing!

You can't get a proper look from the cockpit or from the other side of my LBX30 dire ( to much explosions )
But I got to ride a spectator of someone behind a friendly and with heavy engagement of an enemy one.

It looks great!
Tiny, with it seems better suiting animations.

#4153 Virlutris

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 1,443 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVery likely goofing off in a match near you.

Posted 27 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 June 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

You are correct locusts were the 8th plague on Egypt. However, while it is perfectly fine to refer to a swarm of locusts as a plague of locusts, swarm is probably the proper descriptive of a large gathering of locusts. Plague does better reference the destructive qualities of a locust swarm though ;)

View Post3xnihilo, on 25 June 2016 - 12:09 PM, said:

It is kind of odd using using my theology and Bible training in a discussion about a video game :P

Precisely why I bade you to weigh in. :D

Welcome back!

#4154 Maugged

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:47 AM

After reading some ridiculous posts about the Locust being the new bully around, i decided to make a few memes(inspired by MBTI memes). Use them at will:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Maugged, 27 June 2016 - 09:52 AM.

#4155 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 10:30 AM

i have great fun running the V using a LPL, with the quirks it is as close to a pinpoint laser weapon you can get.

#4156 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:52 PM

View PostEaerie, on 27 June 2016 - 10:30 AM, said:

i have great fun running the V using a LPL, with the quirks it is as close to a pinpoint laser weapon you can get.

Lol, I think you meant FLD weapon. Lasers are pinpoint by nature, XP

#4157 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

View PostMaugged, on 27 June 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

After reading some ridiculous posts about the Locust being the new bully around, i decided to make a few memes(inspired by MBTI memes). Use them at will:

From last year?

Posted Image

#4158 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 05:53 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4159 Web Death

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 June 2016 - 12:30 AM

I've only really fallen in love with the Locust.. The speed.. The small size.. The ECM.. the LOLZ as I go behind the enemy.. and drop a UAV behind their Missile boats.. Or better.. drop it behind the entire enemy team! Or even better.. Stalking a bigger mech and just observing it as if you were one of them... Until you start poking them that is. And sometimes even then.. its funny when they just keep ignoring you! And then they die! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Best match I had, despite the loss.. and the fact that I'm only rank 5... Was a Conquest where I got 3 kills.. Too bad they over capped us. Posted Image

And that B33F tactic still works with the air Strike.. I use it all the time. ^_^ Usually when I'm scouting for my UAV drop I'll also call in an Air strike to hit the whole enemy team as they are marching towards their setup point to soften them up Posted Image

#4160 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 June 2016 - 09:51 PM

The image links are broken :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users