Ui 2.0 Preview 3⅓ - Feedback Questionnaire

357 replies to this topic

#261 RighteousDude

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

1) it did not save my mech until I was Entirely done with it, so that I could move incramentally as I thought of things to change. The como/color options was easier to go through, although I still do like having a list of all of them. The fact that you can spin your mech everywhere except the home page was cool, will be nice to see when there are mech specs on a list with mouse over info like in the current UI attached to it.

2) Having to remember and attempt to document any forms of bugs I may have encountered.

3) good start. I do believe have the Shift+Tab to bring the social overlay up (like steam) is totally the way to go, leaving more for both hands to do makes things less tedious. It all does seem to be working as intended.

4) buy, sell, remove, equipment, modules, weapons, mechs, It was all there. fairly simple to navigate. having it all as a list helps. again, good start in the right direction.

5) I think this question is applied towards "while in a drop". so, the same as it is now? quite good. pre match ready and post match overview still work and seemed accurate.

6) Only two things I can think of. first: while in the mechlab, having all reading material on one side of the screen I feel would be most useful. Everything you click goes to a sublist which is nice, but any mouse overlayed information should be kept neerer to the clicked object, and all current and adaptive information about the mech should also be near where you click, keeps the eyes from moving around so much, especially when looking accross a 26" monitor, or bigger. the second: having the total overlay of information about the mechs either as viewed in the mech bay (as it is now) and while you're buying one. And under both instances, I do of course mean ALL available information about a battlemech. Current total spent, current unallocated space, weight, unallocated armor points (without having to go to each section, having a hovering overlay on the mech itself would be most appealing, such as the smurfey-net.de mechlab/info site, while having the 3D mech behind that). All in all, it does look like it's coming along very very well, and while some feature may be for a start somewhat tedious or irritating to try and use, it could be because I'm inexperienced at the changes. Having to learn a new system of doing something I've been doing for a year can be difficult. Also, I was unable to set my weapons groups to Chain Fire or Sync fire until in a match.

Edited by RighteousDude, 16 January 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#262 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview?
It looked visually polished, at the log in/main screen
2) What do you like least about the UI 2.0 Preview?
What weapons are on the mechs I am thinking about buying? Where are they equiped? Why are the balistic weapons, and energy weapons coded with the same color? Ran out... lol
3) What are your impressions of the Social system in the Front-End?
Half of my friends that were online I couldn't see, they couldn't see me, we had to play the invite this guy, quit group to change leaders, then invite that guy... blah, blah,blah...
4) What are your impressions of the Store menus in the Front-End?
The old store functioned way better.
5) What are your impressions of the in-game interface?
meh so so.
6) Any other comments or concerns?

What myself and many others had wished was to be able to actually move around our mech bay full of mechs, see them together, stand different mechs next to each other as we see fit.

Others like myself don't want to see trial mechs in our line up, when we look at owned. Perhaps have options - All, Available, Owned, Unowned

Also Why does it have to be a full screen game for the dammed UI... I have to tab out to do random things while waiting for my group to ready up.

I might suggest sticking with UI 1, and just dedicating time to CW- this.. took a year? And we still can't launch a group of more than 4 people... rather the options are still 1- 4, or 12...

Edited by Necroconvict, 16 January 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#263 Savant101

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 2 posts

[color="#959595"]-Polished navigation, especially regarding social features.[/color]
[color="#959595"]-3D preview of mechs: lets you admire your mechs and fiddle with video settings[/color]
[color="#959595"]-Clearly see all owned mechs (though I would like to be able to move them around/change their order since I use some much more frequently)[/color]

-When in the mech selection menu, clicking on a mech will not bring up its stats, load out, or modules making it difficult to remember where in the heck I left that AC-20 and advanced seismic sensor
-Changing the load out on a mech is clunky now that users are forced to use the tabs. I was expecting a menu similar to Smurphy where all parts of the mech are visible.

-To be honest, any change from what it used to be is an improvement.
-In general I would move away from having a tiny 'x' button for such a large pop up menu. Making it so that clicking any space not obstructed by the menu would close the social system would make the menu more intuitive. (eg take some pointers from Steam on their menu navigation)

-It'll take some getting used to but I like the changes

-My cursor does not disappear when I drop into a game. Tabbing out doesn't fix it. I conversed with other players in game and it seems to happen frequently.

-The dirty glass is nice, but please tone it down.
-The cursor bug is rather distracting in game

#264 Parmeggido

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

1:
I like the lists, the way weapons etc. are all separated into their own sections in the Mechlab, I like blue, and therefore find the overall color scheme pleasant.

2:
Non functionality of the Mechlab. It's still a bit obtuse to use, and the installed items need some borders around them so you can better tell them apart, such as if you have a ppc and large laser intalled in an arm, it looks like a solid block of gray filled crit slots, instead of 2 seperate things. Once the ability is added in to see an overview of the mech and everything in it, I would begin to see it as being better than the current 1.5 Mechlab.

3:
I have one person on my friend list that I don't think has played for awhile, so did not try these features.

4:
Store menus were ok. It seemed to work and get the job done, but in no way made me go Wow!

5:
No problems for me, cockpit glass was a little opaque when it picked up strong light.

6:
Get the Mechlab worked out. It is one of the most important features of the game, and should be a big step forward in UI 2.0. The current implementation has potential, but just isn't where it should be yet.

#265 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 January 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)
  • Larger, clearer view of 'Mechs during configuration.
  • Cockpit glass effect is nice
  • Weapon and 'Mech stats graphs
  • Full screen
  • Still can't paste passwords into the login screen
  • Can't see 'Mech hardpoints or loadouts before purchase
  • Can't see engine weight, heatsinks, heatsink slots w/o equipping.
  • Have to mouse back and forth from the right nav to the customization fields
  • Can't select 'Mech location from the 3D image
  • Can't double-click to equip/unequip items

I would prefer a slip out social pane to one that disables the rest of the UI.
If it is going to disable the rest of the UI, clicking the social button should also hide as well as reveal the social interface.

Once I clicked on the store, the interface was clear. It wasn't immediately obvious that that was how I could get more 'Mechbays.

The in-game screens are much crisper.

#266 Troutmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,776 posts
  • LocationAdelaide, Australia

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

1) What is it that you like about the UI 2.0 Preview? (Please enter as many items as you wish.)
Graphics, colours and text are high quality. Look good

Pretty much everything else. MechWarrior has two main things - Building Mechs and fighting with them.
UI 2.0 makes it incredibly hard to configure your mech, and from the limited time I had I could see no way of previewing a mechs current loadout. UI2.0 adds NO functionality, take away some old functionality and whats left is stupidly hard to navigate. Walls of icons make it difficult to scroll through options. Way too many clicks to target for any option.

1. YOU MUST make a summary of any selected weapons, equipment and hardpoints (Current UI already has this)
2. YOU MUST make the loadout editor show each piece of the mech at the same time, same as smurfy.
3. YOU SHOULD make a strip-all button for equipment and armour.

These are the thing's we want in UI 2.0. Shiny interface is nice but if it's harder and takes longer to use it's essentially a downgrade.

What social system?

They look nice?

Looks nice. Way too many clicks to target.

I am deeply concerned that you have NOT taken on the advice that we have given you in the previous two test. You have to fix the MechLab. It's way too slow and confusing to use now, and lacks functionality. We NEED to see every part of a mech at the same time, and we need Mech Loadout summaries. If you implement UI 2.0 without these I will have to stop playing, because Mech customisation as it currently stands is a massive exercise in frustration.

The rest of the menus have way too many clicks to target, and that needs to be better thought out.

For the love of god please give us a view similar to this: (care of TanE)
Posted Image

And heres a video of me struggling with the interface right before it went down
http://www.youtube.c...d&v=6vm12cwIp7M

Edited by Troutmonkey, 16 January 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#267 Osric Lancaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Edit: ^^^^^
Yes, for the love of Blake, this. Smurfy uses this style of interface for a reason.

- Did you actually do a thing here?

- Wall of 'Mech icons with limited or no nesting. Mech 'store' purchase function unnecessarily duplicated in Mechbay. Showing purchased vs owned like this is redundant visual garbage. 'Mechs should be sorted in nesting Menus by weight class, chassis, and then variant as in your skill tree dialogue.
- No information available from UI on 'Mech weapons or hardpoint layout.
- Unnecessary confirmation dialogue boxes. Your UI already shows owned items.

- Bug where selected engine / component can't be equipped via 'equip' button or dragged to 'Mech after 'buy item' dialogue cancellation.
- Million click shuffle for camouflage/color selection, and then you purchase colors or camouflage automatically when you back out? Yeah, there is no chance anyone's going to accidentally spend MC on colors or patterns that they didn't want.
- Uninformative symbolic mouse-over dialogues.
- No information displayed on upgrade effects.
- No information displayed on what a Mech has equipped.
- Still unable to rename mechs or save variant builds.
- Still only able to check only one preferred mode of play or 'any'.
- Way too much space used for purchasable equipment, and way too little used for the section you are equipping. (Which is crammed way off to the side why, exactly?)

You threw this up for one day weeks before supposed release and it's more or less the same thing we were shown months ago. This test server should have been up a year ago. It should have been kept up and tweaked for months so people could give input, find bugs etc. Just don't let people launch matches if you're worried people will play your test server instead of your game. It feels like the entire point of this exercise was to try and make the community go "You know what, on second thought you can keep UI 2.0, thanks."
I spent more time downloading the client than I got testing, but as far as I can tell this is a poorly done redesign of things that didn't need a redesign and the addition of nothing that was asked for. Garbage. Fix the current UI and add features to that instead of continuing with this farce.

Edited by Osric Lancaster, 16 January 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#268 Ungol

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:25 PM

1. Thumbs up:

I liked the large graphics for the mechs. Beautiful.
I liked the ability to sort my battlemechs.

2 Thumbs down:

I found I hard to read names and titles at a glance. The fonts and colors used blended in with other items on most tiles.

In mech configuration, It was less intuitive and harder IMO. I could not readily figure out how many slots I had on the mech available (total). I could not readily identify the number of heat sinks (total). The only useful screen for looking at the mech weapons loadout was the weapon group tab. Confusing that in the mech bay all I get is a firepower bar. I could not double click items to load them. I could not click mech parts to select them. Loadout screen components have less data for items than the current UI or the info was too hard for me to find.

3. None of my contacts were on to interact with, but my first impression is that once again the social aspects of this MMO are restrictive and poorly implemented. This is a "social" game, the chat functions should be up front most of the time.

4. it was slightly better in that I could see more items and had a summary loadout window for goodies.

5. About the same. Cockpit glass looks interesting, but was not a big deal for me.

6. Over all this looks like a better direction to go, but I think it has an over reliance on the upper left tabs to interact with mech configuration.

#269 BlackHawk K

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSpringfield Oregon

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

- some of the updated graphics i liked.
- i like the clear view of your mech in mechlab.
- i DO like the ability to sort out your mechs by weight in mech selection.
- most of it i neither liked or disliked. i was trying to not really compair it with the older UI. thinngs were different, and i expect a learning curve till you can find things that you were used to before.

- the HUGE! item icons in mechlab. i have no idea why they need to be so large and take so much of the mechbay screen.
- the lack of a load out screen or info in mech selection. i often forget what i put on my mechs, especially if i havnt played them in a while. it would be nice to see whats what without having to take it all the way into the mechlab and sort threw every part of your mech just to see what you did to the thing. even a info ballon on mouseover would be usefull. much like the vairient info screen that comes up with you mouse over the mech in slection.
- i miss the interaction between highlighting a weapon or equipment and having it show on your mech like the old mechbay.

- all i had time with was the friends list. none of my friends were online at the time. so didnt see anything more to mess with there.

- the store seemed ok to me.

- i was only able to play in one game. the 2nd time i tried i got a ****memory allocation for 5592404 bytes failed **** the third game i tried, it loaded to the map spash screen ( the one before you are grouped up with players) then i got ****memory allocation for 8432397 bytes failed**** the 4th attempt ended like the second with **** memory allocation for 559240 bytes failed **** i have no idea what caused these errors.
- from what i noted on the first drop. the only real difference was the mech 'glass' i kind of liked it. it didnt seem to obstuct my view and kind of made it feel a tad more realistic. i did not get hit in the cockpit so i dont know about the glass cracks yet.

- nope, that about covers it.

#270 venomman2

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationWisconsin (SE)

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I like the artistic direction of the interface. It would be nice if we had a couple different color options like blue, orange or green.

The mechlab is... ok but I can see it being REALLY confusing for a new player. I hate to sound like a broken record but when people say "do it like smurfy" they really have a point. TT record sheets didn't have a separate page for each component, it just doesn't make sense.
Also, the delay for the hover-over information is a little long. This should be reduced to about half a second before the pop-up shows.

Can't offer any feedback here, I don't have any friends. But if anything, I think a faction-level chat windows should be built into the interface and open 100% of the time. Having an always-on social window would enforce the idea that other people are out there playing.

I feel kind of indifferent. It's there but it feels like just an extension of the mech purchase screen. I think it needs some flair, each individual item getting a backdrop and some fluff.

Indifferent.

No stability issues. As far as I'm concerned, what I witnessed was acceptable for production release. Just some design changes I would like to see in the future to the social window and the mechlab.

#271 CompproB237

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:31 PM

1. The presentation of the mechs in the hanger. Cockpit glass (although it would be nice to have the weather effects apply to the glass -> wind and rain -> rain droplets that move on glass...). Easier to find mechs (both when buying or equipping).
2. Mechlab's clunky interface.
3. Didn't look at it much.
4. Seemed ok layout but didn't get much time to mess with it.
5. Nice looking but some very unintuitive placement of things. Stats on items in mechlab was frustrating to get it to show.
6. Mechlab should have the item you click show the stats or have a panel you can open/close to have it shown when you want. When purchasing a new mech and not having the required mechbays, the store should offer to add the mechbay to the cost (with confirmation). Some various confirmation dialogs needed to be removed altogether (don't remember + not enough time). Mechlab refused to tell me how many heatsinks I needed to add to total 10. Either that or it was that unintuitive.

Edited by CompproB237, 16 January 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#272 NinetyProof

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:41 PM

Another Note: Cockpit Glass = " Terrible with a Dose of Awful"

All it does it make it *harder* to see stuff ... what's worse, is that to minimize the effect, you have to turn DOWN the video quality. So the answer is to always run the game in "terrible mode" so you can try to see stuff.

This is the sort of change that will drive away players. You can only play a game in "terrible video quality" for so long before it gets really really old.

#273 DarkCain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 149 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

6. Comments and concerns

Viewing test client at 1920x1200 resolution.

Overall impression of menu system – While I was expecting a centered drop down menu system aided by a left side menu, this left centric menu system works. In the future, a menu system that can be adjusted/relocated by the user to suit personal tastes would be preferred. While sharp, crisp, and visually appealing in appearance, still feels clunky; not as intuitive as it should be. Mouse over focus takes too long to display data.

Store -> Home: The front page of the Store menu has space to continue displaying data downward. No need for a right/left menu scroll.

Store -> Battlemechs: Needs sub-menu system classifying mechs by weight and hero class. Mechs appear to be displayed by weight, but not by alpha-numeric order. Gives is a messy feel to it. This will need organized by filters/menu system or it will be nearly un-usable in the long run as more mechs are added to the game.

Current mech selected on some models appear to be floating off of the floor by a few pixels.

Mechlab –> Select Mechs: Filter system is nice. Needs data displayed organized by weight and name. If the Owned filter is selected there should not be any mech not own being displayed. This includes the Trial mech of the week. Displaying a trail mech for sale that ignores my data filter selected is really annoying. Another data filter for not owned mechs should be included in this menu system.

Home -> Inventory -> Battlemechs: Unless you are mass selling off your mechs and quitting this game, there is no reason for this. Get rid of this and incorporate this sell feature into the Mechlab -> Select Mechs as a tiled menu with button on the bottom left.

Home -> Inventory -> Weapons Systems/Equipment/Modules: The addition of a buy button would be nice. The user needs to be able to manually enter a number for quantity desired sold when selling items of large quantity. I do not want to be sitting there waiting for the game to increment upwards/downwards in number with a left mouse click hold only to miss the target number desired. Example is the 111 single heatsinks in my inventory. Data filter option to display equipment not owned in event player desires to purchase items without going directly into the mechlab itself.

Home -> Statistics/Redeem Code: Given the UI’s ability to display data, is there any reason to pop out of the game into the web browser for this info?

Home -> Social Menu: Friend logged into the UI 2 test at the same time (not listed in friend’s list) did not receive friend invites. Tried from his end to send them – none received.

Mechlab -> Loadout: The left centric menu system is an impediment to the mech customization process. Step backwards over current system. With the amount of space available, the loadout should display all of the mech sections at once. The left menu system only needs to display Ballistics, Energy, Missiles, Equipment, Engines, and Ammo with additional links below to Upgrades, Modules, Camo, Cockpit, and Weapon Groups to be more intuitive in nature. I shouldn’t as a user have to back out of something so I can go into another area of the Mechlab. It is the two clicks versus the one click efficiency. The tonnage for each item needs to be listed instead of waiting for a pop up. I do like the fact I no longer need save before exiting the Mechlab on Loadout changes.

Mechlab -> Camo: Another area needed much tlc. Mouse over focus with left click should set the color selected in addition to left/right clicking on that square. My guess is this area has yet to be fully worked on. Will re-examine in future update.

Mechlab -> Cockpit: The yellow panels saying cockpit were entertaining for the few seconds that they were up there.

Mechlab -> Weapon Groups: Will chain fire option be added in?

On the damage graph displayed for the individual weapons, do you think you could add the ability to drag a mouse over focus to specific parts on the graph so the nuts n’ bolts players know the exact range of the weapons versus damage output?

Play Now: Select Game Mode could be a drop down menu for those not wanting to screw around with it every single drop.

Cockpit glass haze needs toned down some. The glare is horrendous when you are in shadows.

#274 EV1LSPOCK

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 15 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

Overall, Mechlab organization is much improved.

Larger mech models are a great; providing a excellent level of detail.

The Crusader pattern and cockpit glass effects are fantastic.

In general, mech configuration seems more complicated through this interface.

Armor configuration in the mechlab. I couldn't find one place to see an overview all armor values. The armor values can only be edited by clicking into each portion of the mech. This is executed better in the current build.

Would like to see more filter options in the owned Mech lists; specifically I'd like to be able to sort all mechs by chassis type (i.e. I'd like to be able to have my X-5 grouped along with the rest of my Cicadas).

Mech scaling in the right-hand panel. I love the larger display models, but would prefer them to be a little smaller so that the entire mech is visible. Currently, a decent portion of the leg/foot area can't be seen.

Almost didn't notice it was there at first. Once clicked, it appeared to be similar to the current version.

Provides a nice central area to buy mech upgrades, premium time, etc. I got the impression that this section was still a work in progress.

Seemed to be the same as the current version, minus the 'MechWarrior fonts'.

Overall, I'd say this a great step in the right direction that will only get better with some further tweaks.

#275 happy mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

i like the info when hover mouse over a mech in mechlab
many submenus, hard to find information (total heat sinks, free slots)
chat with scrollbar would be nice
working
i would like an option to have the map static, and cancel match queue
i like the new mechlab, but i like the info about heatsinks and free slots, and armour in one screen, from the current system when equipping the mech

#276 GrizzlyViking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

1. Like: Efficiencies Level icons, full mech view in mechlab

2. Like Least: Overall too complicated and busy. (new players will be lost) Many features need to be condensed into fewer screens/tabs. In the mechbay all of a mech's information including weapons loadout, speed, armor, modules, cockpit items, etc. needs to be listed in one location.

-Weapons, ammo, modules etc.need to be drag and drop on one page for the entire chassis like MW4 instead of these excessive lists with individual tabs/pages for every location on the mech. The current layout is excessive and unnecessary.

-target lock times for streaks/LRMs was increased and advanced target decay was non-existent

-matchmaking was clearly not working

-still no "strip all" button in the mech lab

-Still no ability to reorganize mechs in the mechbay and/or rename mechs. Tabs in the mechbay should be able to renamed by the player as well as added/deleted at player discretion.

-no ready list

- artillery strike module did not show up in game until reequipped on some mechs

3. Social System Front End: Unable to adequately test due the malfunctioning friend's list.

4. Store Menus: Did not get to them.

5. In-game interface: Seems about the same to me.

6. UI 2.0 is entirely too complicated and busy. It needs some significant streamlining before it will be a viable replacement for the current UI.

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 16 January 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#277 Leo Kraeas

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

The full mech preview of your currently selected mech is nice. It really allows the mech models to shine.
The inventories for both the items and mechs allows for a quick purview of assets and the ability to easily get to selling your equipment. These were previously harder to get to or required more scrolling.
Overall visually striking and the menus allow for expansion through dependencies.
The new Pitch and Yaw information as well as acceleration info looks nice and is information that was not available before.
The new Weapon data is visually nice and gives a better picture of what a weapon will do in combat (If it were only EASIER to access...).

The lack of informational overview when buying or viewing mechs. This includes hard-point and engine information pertinent to decision making about purchases (why buy something that you can't distinguish?).
The mech lab is set up in such a way that you never get a complete picture of what is equipped without extra clicks (I would go so far as to say that there is a general lack of overview information).
Overall the lab seems LESS new player friendly than the previous version.

The social button is minute and unresponsive. When creating groups no visual is displayed for the recipient unless the social window is open at the moment of contact. overall very bare-bones and underwhelming.
When choosing a game type as group leader, the ability to select multiple is not an option. (e.g. choosing conquest & assault, but not skirmish.)

The store alleviates a previous complaint I had about not being able to even SEE mechs available for purchase if you didn't have a open mech bay. The store also looks nice with the mech thumbnails.

The in game interface seems brighter than it was before. Except for the cockpit glass I did not really notice a lot of difference. (then again, sometimes it is the small QoL improvements that mean the most...)

Overall the UI looks nice, but seems less user friendly than the current UI 1.5 . The filter menu being small and camouflaged within the top left of the pop-up window being a good example. It still has a bit of work before it becomes "Intuitive".

Off topic: I am still concerned about the monetization of "space" for mechs (the mech bays). I know that the community is still small and that money is tight, but the mech bays are a "tax" in a very literal sense. In addition they make the game seem not really free since you cannot own more than 4 mechs without paying money. Similar games don't charge a tax on new characters and given the incentives for owning 3 chassis of the same type the problem is simply magnified double.

#278 The Verge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

View PostNiko Snow, on 15 January 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

This thread is to cover any qualitative feedback regarding UI 2.0. If you would like to report specific bugs with the preview, please use the New Issues thread.

Please follow the questionnaire provided. This is to help us better organize and process your feedback after the test.

1. It's stability is great for my system.
2. -not being able to rotate the mech in the main menu
-Not showing all items you can put in a single part of the mech before narrowing it down.
-Tutorial needs more work, or more period.
3. Social is ok
4. Store is ok
5. In game interface is ok.
6. I recommend putting the Mech and it's components (outline) in the Center and the information around it. Much like Smurfy's setup.
Yours goes from left to right, with the outline being on the right hand side.

#279 Smitti

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 475 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFrog-blasting between BioVent Core #88A and #88B

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

Ok so after one match and a bit of a play in the mechlab:
Shiny. Looks very nice, with a more high-tech feel
The mechlab, hands down. Counter-intuitive, difficult to find out information about your mechs. Basically +1 to everything that has been said about the mechlab so far. Didn't like the inclusion of trial mechs in your hangar, with the "buy" button on full display. Bought the Highlander champion, yet the trial one was still listed for sale next to it.
Did not try it out
Had a quick look, would be nice to see more information regarding mechs before you purchase. Not sure if its just the way i was looking at it, but it seemed to display all the mechs for sale at once, I didnt see if there was a filter available to narrow down the search (light, medium, heavy etc).
Having to go into a different menu just to buy an additional mech bay every time you buy a new mech is also a little daft.
Pretty but counter-intuitive, achieving simple things often required doing it in a round-about fashion.
6) Any other comments or concerns?I think some more effort needs to go into streamlining the process of kitting out a mech, or assessing loadouts/crit space etc.

Would like to see the ability to create our own filters/tags for mechs regarding their configured roles, eg light hunter, lrm support etc so we can quickly and easily find what we need for a given role, rather than having to scroll through everything.

Would also like to see a "lock loadout" check box, so you can lock your loadout/modules for that mech that'***** the sweet spot, and can't meddle with it unless you REALLY want to.

#280 ThunderHart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 165 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 16 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

I was in the first test and now this one. You have really done a lot of work great job I dont like it at first but know its great love everything about it. Game play has a lot of tweaks as well games were very fast thou but smooth, clear and clean.
For the amount of work that needed to be done from from part 1 you get a outstanding.

Nothing; I love the entire new direction it leaves room for a lot of great upgrades & features.

Did not see it in the lower right hand corner so it was really out of the way good idea.

I love it can you add the same to CAMO so that we know what colores we have purchased?

Did not notice it much just a lot cleaner as I played with the MechLab more and some matches everything seems so much cleaner and clear and game play is smooth all I can say is WOW ;)

1.) I agree on font for description can be little bigger
2.) Add more filter option

3.) Inventory:
Great Layout but can be much more useful if you associate the parts with a mech to see what you have available to equipped another mech or sell if you have to much.
4.) Mechlab:
Great new Mechlab but can you bring back the highlights were it highlighs the section of the mech your working on this only needs to be in the mechbay?
5.) CAMO:
In camo: I like the new layout you can also add to the left side or right of the mech the menu that in have under the store to camo so that you can see colors that you have purchased and if you click it it will show up down below as selected.
6.) Dont forget the mech strip button and the mech default button.
Great working looking forward to the new changes!! ;)

Edited by ThunderHart, 16 January 2014 - 06:58 PM.

44 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 44 guests, 0 anonymous users