Cockpit Glass Headache Toggle?

322 replies to this topic

#21 GearsAndSuch

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

This addition causes me headaches too. The fake glare effect is too real. Please put in an option to turn this off.

#22 JigglyMoobs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:56 PM

View PostR Razor, on 21 January 2014 - 06:47 PM, said:

Like I said, QQ some more.

The clowns begging for a toggle would merely use it to their advantage to give them a better view at range.........like the guys QQing about fog, haze etc......

It's supposed to be a battlefield Einstein, and those are usually smoke covered with all kinds of things making it harder to see your target............the only thing I'd support is ALL ON or ALL OFF, none of this toggle {Scrap} to give the whiners what they want.

Most of you people would probably complain if someone gave you $1000 because you think you deserve $10000.

How about, we paid for this game, and we'd like to enjoy it without it causing us physical discomfort? :)

#23 Dormax

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

I'm not usually negative about this type of thing... but... I have to agree with the headache/motion sickness factor.

#24 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:14 PM

I would prefer the ability to turn the cockpit glass effect off. I don't care for anything that obscures visibility.

#25 Winterwolf

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

I get totally motion sick. Please provide a way to turn it off (the same way games have the way to turn off motion blur).

thx
--WW

#26 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 07:52 PM

They said they will tone it down a bit...

#27 Winterwolf

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 08:01 PM

Turn it off is the only option for folks who are sensitive to motion sickness.

#28 MUDDD

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Its not making me sick or anything but it is just a bad idea. totally unneeded. Would rather have you working on new maps and fixing the match maker. Some thing worth while. I can see it now. A module to clean your windshield and then Nerf it so it doesn't work any more.

#29 Captain Stern

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:05 PM

I agree there cannot be a toggle, it would be a huge advantage to not have this glare-blindness thing going on. I just can't belive resources were spent developing this...WHO THINKS BEING BLIND IS MORE REALISTIC ? By that argument, just turn off the monitor and fire by sound. Make all the arguments you want about "real" or not in the game of 100 ton robot killing one another. This extra layer of motion sickness/headache/haze is not an addition to the game. Who has more fun playing that ? Who wants to spend money for "upgrades" like this..How about some of the features we had 10 years ago ? Or better weight balance ?

#30 RedRover55

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 09:28 PM

Eyestrain and headache +1 from the new glass.

:)

#31 oldhasu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 681 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

We need a hotfix for this

#32 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

wow got to break out my reading glasses that I never need. 3 game max before headache without glasses 1 game

#33 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:13 PM

You guys are ridiculous. I've been hitting stuff without advanced zoom at 1400m with erppc. the glass isn't even a factor at any level of zoom.

and PGI said they are still tuning it.

I find the tint a bit too green and the effect could be improved / made clearer, and I agree that the light source entering the model from behind is rather funny, but overall it's still a great effect and it does nothing major to hamper effective combat visibility.

Nevermind the immersion factor. even if it does hamper vision a little, it'd be a LOT worse if it was actually real glass, imagine the mud, grime, etc in a real battlemech fight, the tiny bit of glass you see now is nothing compared to the visual impairement that could exist. the blizzard on any frost map would leave big drops on your windshield too.

oh yeah, disable the cockpit glass. and freeze to death on frozen colony, or die from heatstroke on terra therma.

Too much QQ from mechwarriors to weak to man up to the simulation that's coming.

#34 warp103

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 342 posts
  • Locationdaytona Beach fl

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 21 January 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

You guys are ridiculous. I've been hitting stuff without advanced zoom at 1400m with erppc. the glass isn't even a factor at any level of zoom.

I find the tint a bit too green and the effect could be improved / made clearer, and I agree that the light source entering the model from behind is rather funny, but overall it's still a great effect and it does nothing major to hamper effective combat visibility.

Nevermind the immersion factor. even if it does hamper vision a little, it'd be a LOT worse if it was actually real glass, imagine the mud, grime, etc in a real battlemech fight, the tiny bit of glass you see now is nothing compared to the visual impairement that could exist. the blizzard on any frost map would leave big drops on your windshield too.

oh yeah, disable the cockpit glass. and freeze to death on frozen colony, or die from heatstroke on terra therma.

Too much QQ from mechwarriors to weak to man up to the simulation that's coming.

[Redacted]

To pgi think before adding scrap. May sure you have a off button oh just in case

Edited by Niko Snow, 22 January 2014 - 09:55 AM.
Vulgar/Insults

#35 smokefield

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Locationalways on

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:22 PM

posted by me minutes after the pacth was up and after 2 games played :

View Postsmokefield, on 21 January 2014 - 11:51 AM, said:

i get the idea of more immersion...where was this idea when 3th person was implemented ? ah..i remember..was the silent majority who wanted it right ?

well...i want a toggle for glass cockpit. its worse with it...blurs the vision, reflects the light in strange ways i dont need my eyes tormented more than they are now. I want to be able to disable the glass cockpit...or at least make it perfect transparent and add cracks when directly hit. i could live with that (unless it cracks on first touch of a small laser...)

#36 JigglyMoobs

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 21 January 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

It's not about the vision Pada. It's actually making people feel physically ill due to the effects of motion sickness. It doesn't affect some people at all but others are more sensitive to it.

I started to feel uncomfortable after a few minutes.

IMO it doesn't make sense in any case. I mean, come on, they've figured out how to fly across the galaxy and stick fusion reactors into gigantic mechs, but somehow haven't figured out how to clean glass properly? :)

#37 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:29 PM

it hasn't given me a headache yet, but i can't see anything out my windows in huge sections of the map due to glare. the game is unplayable for me now.

#38 Surmuri

• Pip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 19 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:39 PM

I think the glass fx is awesome and if it's removed I stop playing this game.

#39 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

I haven't had time to play much. Just logged into the testing grounds to see what the fuss was about. I tried Crimson Straits, Tourmaline and Frozen City day in a Stalker, Thunderbolt and Locust respectively and barely saw the difference. ( especially on the stalker! ) The glass is visibly dirty on Tourmaline but it hampers nothing. However I am pretty sure my settings aren't maxed out so here is my question: Is this glass effect dependent on graphics settings? I mean, I am not dismissing the reports of headaches by some, I am simply wondering if it might have to do with graphic settings and if yes, which one ...

As a side note, I have never suffered headeaches, dizziness or motion sickness playing a 1st person shooter going as far back as Wolfenstein 3D, so I am certainly a poor test subject. However those symptoms did prevent a few friends I have from playing games with me over the years so I can certainly sympatize with those affected.

#40 Mellowseven

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 37 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 January 2014 - 10:44 PM

it does nothing major to hamper effective combat visibility

you are wrong. i'm completely blind in areas now. i think that counts as hampering visibility.

Edited by Mellowseven, 21 January 2014 - 10:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users