• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2014 - 10:30 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 06 February 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

Umm....no. They did it right at the very start of Open Beta (The last reset). Which was why unless you had the YLW, you had to wait for the release of the CN-9D to get beyond the Basics.

It was a bad move, the reasons didn't add up, and it created a wound that will continue to fester. As I said, it is only pride that prevents the re-introduction of the AH.

no.............?
I know when they did it lol
You literally logged in and it was gone out of your mech bays. It raised a ruckus because (was it Artemis holding it up?) there was something that we had to wait on for the new variant to be released. I pitched a fit. It was ridiculous and their answer was it was a "placeholder" for the yen lo and they had already planned to remove it.
The problem was they forgot to announce that to everyone and we had players that had come to love their AH (me included) and it was just gone :)

#62 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 07 February 2014 - 05:43 AM

The CN9-AH wants to thank everyone for their support.

#freeCN9-AH

#63 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostSandpit, on 06 February 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

The problem was they forgot to announce that to everyone and we had players that had come to love their AH (me included) and it was just gone :P

This was the beginning of a troubling pattern of making changes, not disclosing them, and claiming that it was part of the plan all along, but no one remembered to mention it.

It's like Russ was checking his mail every day for another AOL Online CD with 10 free hours of time so that he could communicate with us but the mail man just didn't come.

Then when the changes went live some one says," oops, our bad, we forgot."

the 9 AH is a cool mech, it should be re-added, it's not like they have already done the weapons pass for the Centurion yet.

Announce the AH as a MC champion on sale for a week before c-bill release and do your graphics pass on the centurion, Do this is march, tell us ahead of time what the plan is. This way you eak out a bit of money from the die hards to pay for another few hours of dial up to keep communicating with us.

#64 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostHammerSwarm, on 07 February 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Announce the AH as a MC champion on sale for a week before c-bill release and do your graphics pass on the centurion, Do this is march, tell us ahead of time what the plan is. This way you eak out a bit of money from the die hards to pay for another few hours of dial up to keep communicating with us.

I would pay MC for an -AH, as long as they leave off that silly (C) nonsense. Just give us the basic -AH with its stock load-out. If you want it to have some sort of special designation for being a limited run MC purchase, then call it CN9-AH(OG). :P

#65 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:57 PM

An apology to Sandpit.

I just checked my archived e-mails.

The Centurion AH was removed in the October 25th, 2012 update (version 1.0.134!). Open Beta was on October 29th, 2012. There were no patch notes e-mailed out.

This is oddly worded because when they did the patch announcement for October 25th they included all the mechs and such that were advertised as being new in the open beta update.

Centurion CN-9D was reeleased 6th of November 2012.

First mention of the removal of the Centurion AH in the forum archives seems to have been October 31st, 2012.

#66 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 07 February 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

An apology to Sandpit.

I just checked my archived e-mails.

The Centurion AH was removed in the October 25th, 2012 update (version 1.0.134!). Open Beta was on October 29th, 2012. There were no patch notes e-mailed out.

This is oddly worded because when they did the patch announcement for October 25th they included all the mechs and such that were advertised as being new in the open beta update.

Centurion CN-9D was reeleased 6th of November 2012.

First mention of the removal of the Centurion AH in the forum archives seems to have been October 31st, 2012.

The only reason I remember it is because I had one lol
I was more than a bit pissed about it. They refunded monies and exp spent but still, there was no call for it other than they didn't want it to "compete" with the Yen Lo. They put the AH back in and I'd probably buy a clan pack the same day on good faith alone lol

#67 CDLord HHGD

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:40 AM

Bump for justice!

#freeCN9-AH

#68 Hobo Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 597 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:44 AM

My second attempt at twitter solicitation on this issue has also fallen on deaf ears…

#69 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostHobo Dan, on 10 February 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

My second attempt at twitter solicitation on this issue has also fallen on deaf ears…

Keep trying man; you're representing all of us.

#70 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:05 PM

I agree, a reasonable approach, without trying to overload the PGI staff is more likely to get results.

You are representing us all Hobo Dan. I applaud your initiative in contacting via Twitter, and giving reasonable time to respond.

#71 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

I, too wheeled that -AH around.

Heck, I use a Shadow Hawk like an uptonnaged one. Streak racks + AC/20. Boom-whoosh-whoosh.

Still miss the AH. Put it back in, there wasn't a good reason to remove it other than to try and make your Wangs look good: And those were just half off.

#72 Bagheera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

View Postwanderer, on 11 February 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

Still miss the AH. Put it back in, there wasn't a good reason to remove it other than to try and make your Wangs look good: And those were just half off.

Posted Image

#73 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

View Postwanderer, on 11 February 2014 - 09:23 AM, said:

I, too wheeled that -AH around.

Heck, I use a Shadow Hawk like an uptonnaged one. Streak racks + AC/20. Boom-whoosh-whoosh.

This reinforces the issue. The AH had a unique hardpoint layout. The fact people emulate it with the Shadowhawk shows that there is a need for the basic config (without a need to disregard energy hardpoints).

#74 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

I don't pilot Centurions myself, but I'll 'like' it, after all, the more variants the better I say.

#75 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:20 AM

View PostMonsoon, on 13 February 2014 - 08:49 PM, said:

I don't pilot Centurions myself, but I'll 'like' it, after all, the more variants the better I say.

This isn't really about the more variants the better.

In a Nutshell: -
- Canonicity. The Centurion AH was in every Battletech Technical Readout that described the primary mech, the Centurion 9A.
- Beta-tested. The Centurion AH was present throughout closed Beta, up to the release of the Yen Lo Wang.
- The argument "it wasn't very good" doesn't hold water, especially since the Stalker 4N remains in play, a mech whose hardpoints are duplicated on other Stalkers, and existed in Battletech only as a way to ease structural fatigue by removing an LRM launcher.
- Unique hardpoints. The hardpoint layout of 3 ballistic in the arm/2 missile torso only exists in the Victor 9B. The Victor is 30 tons heavier, has jumpjets, and also has 2 energy in the left arm.
- Fanbase. The Centurion fans back this move.
- Unique situation. The Centurion AH was the only mech ever removed from game.
- Correcting a mistake. It was a mistake, but a correctable one. Admission of fallibility seems to stop with the Centurion AH.

#freeCN9-AH

#76 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostSandpit, on 06 February 2014 - 10:30 PM, said:

no.............?
I know when they did it lol
You literally logged in and it was gone out of your mech bays. It raised a ruckus because (was it Artemis holding it up?) there was something that we had to wait on for the new variant to be released. I pitched a fit. It was ridiculous and their answer was it was a "placeholder" for the yen lo and they had already planned to remove it.
The problem was they forgot to announce that to everyone and we had players that had come to love their AH (me included) and it was just gone :lol:

I don't think this was actually how it went down.

I seem to remember them doing it in synchronization with a reset which happened periodically back then... they did a reset, you got all your mechs and crap refunded, and no longer had the option to buy that mech.

It was a while back, but I don't think they actually removed it from our mechbays (or rather, they removed ALL the mechs from our mech bays).

#77 Reggimus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 341 posts
  • LocationQueenstown, New Zealand

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:49 PM

Tweeted Russ and Bryan asking how they feel about #freeCN9AH (not #freeCN9-AH, isn't hash tag friendly) becoming a thing, we now need to make it a thing.

#78 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I'm so Dizzy...Another Variant.
It won't happen because the CN9-AH is just too wicked for our World! ;)

#79 BarHaid

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationMid-Cascadia

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:35 PM

Bump for great justice!

The re-arrival of the AH would get me back into the centurion pilot seat.

#80 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:28 AM

I wasn't even playing this game when it was removed and I would like it put back in. 3 MGs and 2 SRM-6 make for one awesome spray-and-pray build [I never cared for 'good' builds anyway XD].

What I'd like to know is, why take it out altogether when they could have... you know... just ninja-ed in the lower arm actuator so it couldn't use an AC20 since for some reason, they considered it unacceptable to have 2 cents that could?

Edited by GrandLocomon, 15 February 2014 - 07:30 AM.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users