To All That Have Not Read The Command Chair Posts.

42 replies to this topic

#1 Silence Jin Mang

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 170 posts
  • LocationVirginia, america

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:33 PM

They have not said you cannot change the armor number on the omnimechs, but the armor type. Ei. Ferro or standard. Which means we can armor our mechs to the fullest :3. And UI 2.0 is coming out as well. So celebrate it`s happened, and I was right, PGI has delivered and implemented what we requested. So no more griping, lets all be friends, and enjoy MWO for what it will become, Greatness :3.

#2 Thell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 176 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Shhh, you must not speak rationally here.

#3 Skye Storm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 250 posts
  • LocationPeriphery

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

Your logic is invalid, go to bed.

#4 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:44 PM

Yeah, the new info is cool. Also, the apparent lack of flexibility in the Clan mechs (versus IS mechs) might mean that Clan weapons don't get nerfed too hard. Looking forward to seeing how this all works out.

I'm sure the haters will chime in though.

#5 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

it wont matter how hard pgi works, someone will just come along and say........."they have broken promise after promise after promise". even tho the only promise was CW but the clans are coming ETA summer so does any of that matter. there is a sickness that prevents people from moving and looking forward, rather they are stuck 2 years in the past. anyways all lovely information, keep at it. I cannot wait till UI 2.0 and more importantly Dx11, gonna be righteous

a little sad that the turrets will only be on some maps for the time being, ohh well

#6 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 03 February 2014 - 07:54 PM

You have no idea how happy I was reading that bit about the armor. Kit Fox and Adder can survive being a little slow, as long as they have armor. They are armed to the gills otherwise. That, and there was mention of MASC. Do I hear the pitter patter of Firemoth feet in the distance?

#7 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

i am galaxy bluestar of clan hater and i will consider the PGI batchall...

*wallet rumbles*

#8 Tuann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 203 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard, with a beer, chocolate and waffles

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

love the way they plan to implement it, including Quirks for sticking with the original configs.
still quite skeptical on the balance of clan weapon nerd vs disadvantage of fixed engines. Light & medium survivability is in speed & maneuverability, NOT in armor. IS meta pop snipers or alpha strike builds will shred a slow Clan light in seconds.

it is going in the right direction though ! looks like the game is gonna last :-)

My wallet will open for a Clan pack.

#9 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:14 AM

Yeah.. Omnies are spposed to be more customizable than Battlemechs.. I applaude them for having the balls to implement the BT rules for Omnimechs instead of going with the lazy way.

But.. Some things make little or no sense.

I mean, i understand they have to adapt the rules to their 3 variants system but Omnies are supposed to share many standard Omnipods, so why each one can only be equipped to its original variant? And there is no sense in OmniMech's "variants". Basically they have swappable standard hardpoints instead of true OmniPods..

"A Mad Cat can only equip Mad Cat omnipods". Nonsense!

Omnies have standard parts while most Battlemechs need their own components etc. It should be exactly the opposite! If we had a Mad Dog, we should be able to switch its legs with those of a Timberwolf and viceversa, and the same with the Summoner, Hellbriger and Timberwolf's weapon pods.

Really crazy stuff: how is an Atlas AC20 the same as a Blackjack's AC20?

Well, at least.. Kerensky be praised! No stravag mixtech!! Posted Image

Edited by CyclonerM, 04 February 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#10 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 February 2014 - 08:48 AM

Poor clan light mech's will be DOA with those tiny engines.

#11 Uncle Totty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:23 AM

View PostSilence Jin Mang, on 03 February 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

They have not said you cannot change the armor number on the omnimechs, but the armor type. Ei. Ferro or standard. Which means we can armor our mechs to the fullest :3. And UI 2.0 is coming out as well. So celebrate it`s happened, and I was right, PGI has delivered and implemented what we requested. So no more griping, lets all be friends, and enjoy MWO for what it will become, Greatness :3.

It's one thing for them to say it, and another for them to show it. :) I'm keeping my "yays" and "nays" to myself till the 4th. ;)

Edit: Wait, that is TODAY? :D

Edited by Nathan K, 04 February 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#12 CoffiNail

Oathmaster

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 4,285 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSome place with other Ghost Bears. A dropship or planet, who knows. ((Winnipeg,MB))

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

Nah, I play a Jenner atm, not even full 8 basics that is built like a Adder. Double the TT armor value as MWO does. Goes 97 kph without speed tweak. Use both LPLx2 and ERPPCx2 at times. Both can be a lot of fun, you are not a fast light... it is not so much the point with the Clans.

#13 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 04 February 2014 - 09:34 AM, said:

Nah, I play a Jenner atm, not even full 8 basics that is built like a Adder. Double the TT armor value as MWO does. Goes 97 kph without speed tweak. Use both LPLx2 and ERPPCx2 at times. Both can be a lot of fun, you are not a fast light... it is not so much the point with the Clans.

Playing it as well (2ERPPCs + a flamer) and it is really fun though i do not have really mastered it yet.

#14 GalaxyBluestar

• 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 04 February 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

Yeah.. Omnies are spposed to be more customizable than Battlemechs.. I applaude them for having the balls to implement the BT rules for Omnimechs instead of going with the lazy way.

But.. Some things make little or no sense.

I mean, i understand they have to adapt the rules to their 3 variants system but Omnies are supposed to share many standard Omnipods, so why each one can only be equipped to its original variant? And there is no sense in OmniMech's "variants". Basically they have swappable standard hardpoints instead of true OmniPods..

"A Mad Cat can only equip Mad Cat omnipods". Nonsense!

Omnies have standard parts while most Battlemechs need their own components etc. It should be exactly the opposite! If we had a Mad Dog, we should be able to switch its legs with those of a Timberwolf and viceversa, and the same with the Summoner, Hellbriger and Timberwolf's weapon pods.

Really crazy stuff: how is an Atlas AC20 the same as a Blackjack's AC20?

Well, at least.. Kerensky be praised! No stravag mixtech!! Posted Image

firstly the BJ and atlas ac20 will be changed in time, this is what they're doing with the catapult, ppc's shrunk so that their size fits on the locust etc. expect mr impotant atlas to arrive soon...

yes the non mix tech announcement was excellent news, why people complain when they have mechtrees and modules coming along to make the freeborn stuff "worthy" is beyond me. people jumping the gun about IS xl's being {scrap} when they can use STD engines and get exclusive zombie mechs. of course they lack honour to torso twist to defend themselves which we do by default once a side torso is lost, they don't understand that our CT's are "stretched" between 2 hotboxes.

i'm overall happy with the omni stuff though no engine tweaking is a little of a let down but i suppose we have to wait for the right chassis to become available for speedy strikers {my ghostbear sibko await in earnest for their true tourman to arrive} the armour value stuff is a HUGE relief.

i await further news from the ashes of UI 2.PGI Pentagon about weapon values, faction banners and especially STAR DEPLOYMENTS before i grant honour to further the will of the clans...

yeah kinda sucky at roleplay stuffz

#15 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:54 AM

There is too much rational speaking in the OP.

#16 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 04:53 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 04 February 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

firstly the BJ and atlas ac20 will be changed in time, this is what they're doing with the catapult, ppc's shrunk so that their size fits on the locust etc. expect mr impotant atlas to arrive soon...

I meant, we buy an "AC20" and we can put that AC20 on an Atlas and then remove it and put it on a Blackjack. The same weapon! Does it "transform"? :ph34r:

#17 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostAshnod, on 04 February 2014 - 08:48 AM, said:

Poor clan light mech's will be DOA with those tiny engines.

You know what else was DOA, due to its size? The Shadowhawk.

Look how that turned out.

#18 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:35 AM

I think they just forgot to mention it.

#19 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostArnold J Rimmer, on 05 February 2014 - 05:00 AM, said:

You know what else was DOA, due to its size? The Shadowhawk.

Look how that turned out.

Posted Image

#20 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 06:24 AM

View PostGalaxyBluestar, on 04 February 2014 - 11:42 PM, said:

i suppose we have to wait for the right chassis to become available for speedy strikers

Stormcrow wants a word with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users