1175 replies to this topic

#21 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

I am unable to read anything with the current font. Please add an option for a large font size.

I run a 42' 1080p screen and its really hard to read.. if I try to run lower resolutions the pixels dont' quite match up with the crappy thin font making it hard to read..

Also I don't remember where my modules are.. How the hell can I find them now without click through 20 of them? I should be able to select a mech, see its load and modules.. I should also be able to sort the equipment section and see where my items are equipped. For now I will not buy any of the new modules until I can find my old ones...

#22 80sGlamRockSensation David Bowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

I'll keep it nice and brief

Where the HELL is the paper doll to navigate through the mechlab?

Why in the HELL is the "save" button not only labeled as checkout (implying an MC transaction is being taken place) but also TINY and tucked away out of sight?!

Why are there several menus, followed by menus, followed by menus to find camo, modules, actual mechlab customizations and then upgrades?! EVERYTHING Should be accessible on one menu option!!

I could only imagine the trouble new players are having if someone who has been playing mechwarrior for years on years is having trouble navigating this!!

This is awful. I seriously hope radical changes are coming to the mechlab asap.

Edited by mwhighlander, 06 February 2014 - 11:03 PM.

#23 Serapth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

View PostSpaismahn, on 04 February 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Ammo text on the loadout screen is hard to read. Bright yellow background with white text doesn't work well.

Frankly all the text is hard to read. The font choice is terrible.

Edited by Serapth, 04 February 2014 - 01:23 PM.

#24 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Also, if I can make a suggestion; Can we move the game type selector into the settings instead of before every match? If nothing else, maybe add a checkbox in the selector that says "Do not ask me again." with a reminder that the selection can be changed in the settings.

#25 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:23 PM

There has to be a better way to navigate then having to repeatedly use a frikkin' "BACK" button.

It takes waaaaaaaaaay too many clicks to navigate.

Bad bad bad bad.....

#26 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:27 PM

The Good
1. 'Mechs look glorious! Now if I could only spin (and zoom!) them in every view...
2. Renaming 'mechs! Finally!
3. Fullscreen! But it should be a toggle, surely?

The Bad
1. Filters need work; they're either missing or incomplete (non-owned trial 'mechs when I filter on "owned"? That's an F).
2. Please add a paperdoll with the current 'mech stat and loadout instead of the rather useless "torso twist angle and slope gradient" popout. I'm much more interested in seeing what engine I actually have in that 'mech than what slope it can traverse or what engine is max. Please note that I'm not talking about the loadout screen, I'm talking about a loadout summary from the 'mech list.
3. Save Loadout - not Check Out. Just change it. No discussion, just change it, it's moronic.

The Ugly
1. Usability - whoever thought it a good idea to have more than half the screen width between clicks should really never be allowed near a UI again.
2. Usability II - too many god-damn clicks to do stuff. Click-click-click-back-back-back-click... Make some shortcuts or dropdowns.
3. Usability III - really, that smurfy view for the loadout screen can't come soon enough. Did someone really think that the current setup was a good workflow?

Edited by stjobe, 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#27 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

Ok, where did "Ready" mechs go?

I generally only have a half dozen mechs configured for combat and I track them by putting them in my "ready" group. This appears to have been removed. If so, this is a bad move. If not, it isn't clear where they are. At the very least add a "favourite" flag so we can tag game ready mechs accordingly.

Edited by Serapth, 04 February 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#28 Blurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Constant crashing after log in 3 times - gave up.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

O well cest la vie

ps did the trial grounds get removed? I pushed play but didnt see any test zone just the 3 game modes.

Also in Nvidia surround - wow it is horrible with the stretch ect. suggestion to make it all in the center for those who have eyefinity as well. just such massive gaps ect looks freaking terrible.

My first attempt I logged on but afterwards the last few is where I have run into issues.

Edited by Blurry, 04 February 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#29 Kingdom Come

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 31 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Ga

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

One thing I would like to see is a search button. This comes in handy when I want to locate a specific size engine located in one of my many mechs. It would work like a load out que where I would pick a particular item within the inventory and then hit search and it would display all the mechs that contact the item in question. With new interface, I have to select a mech and go under loadout and then select center torso to discover what engine it has. This is very time consuming. At the very least, please show the size engine any one mech has when I place my cursor over the mech. Right now it only displays maximum size.
Also, can you display how much ammo a mech is carrying, the number of heat sinks, and free slots available? Thanks, KC

Edited by Kingdom Come, 04 February 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#30 tucsonspeed6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostSerapth, on 04 February 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

Frankly all the text is hard to read. The font choice is terrible.

I do like the new in-game font.

#31 Krujiente

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:31 PM

[color=#959595]I can't seem to see what size engine I have in a mech without clicking on AND going into its configure page. I swap engines around all the times its a huge problem.[/color]

[color=#959595]I was sitting in the mechlab looking for a button to "Save Mech" before I clicked the checkout button. (this just takes getting used to)[/color]

[color=#959595]And the list function (instead of the giant annoy grid) does not appear to function.[/color]

[color=#959595]If anyone knows how to see the specific engine rating in a mech with the hover thing or on a click and I am missing it lemme know. Otherwise I really find this UI a downgrade for me.[/color]

[color=#959595]Also, hardpoints keep jumbling around to the detriment of mech builds, I thought this new UI would fix that glaring problem, it did not.[/color]

#32 Lupin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 955 posts
  • LocationKent, UK.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

Founder Jenner Missing from Battlemech Inventory ?

Unable to select top 2 mechs in Battlemech Inventory ?

Edited by Lupin, 04 February 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#33 Candun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 124 posts
  • Locationpotland oilgon

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:33 PM

only being able to see modules by configuring the mech is a bit silly

#34 C91

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

A mate and I have the issue that we can't have a look at Mechs in the store. We can see the mech-pictures with the names etc. but the model and loadout, chassis infos etc. won't load - we just see the last mech selected from the Mechlab.

#35 fleaToMiK

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

I don't like, i prefer the old UI style, too much operations for a config.

There are no useful infos about mechs, modules, tonnage of engines, useless sorting system.

If i will forget to unload the modules, i think they will be lost in one of my 60 mechs.

#36 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Well, was directed here after posting in the patch feedback area so hopefully this is the correct one.
1. Unintuitive, it feels like a minigame just trying to piece my raven together and am afriad to even touch my stalker.
2. The c-bills when purchasing items is very muddled. What I mean by this is when I go to select an engine, the engines I cannot afford atm look exactly the same as the ones I own other than a 1 next to the quantity. It leaves the impression that it might be usable when it isn't, not a big deal just one of the cherries on the cake.
3. 52'' flatscreen hd1080i and the text is hard to read. I may hook up something smaller and see if it's a scaling issue but, many use large monitors to play stuff. Yes my vision isn't the best and I wear glasses, that aside I had no problems with the previous text prior to patch.
4. Back to the mechlab, the information on the equipment is fantastic, good job. It takes forever to click through the tabs and just feels like it takes away from the previous mechlab. Ex: I click on a part, the screen zooms to that part and lays out very clearly what is in it. This version kind of does that once you realise those colored word boxes are symbolic of the parts you put on it. It just feels outdated, it really feels like this game was made in the 90's.
5. The social tab, while there, isn't exactly labeld. I'm trying to take this from a new person perspective. i.e.: I know nothing about this game where do I add friends? The rest of us know there's an option somewhere for talking with other people just have to find it. This may not be apparent to a new person, with a wallet, who wants to enjoy the game and bring friends, with wallets, to the game.
6. The turrets are a neat addition.
7. More playability over cosmetics, Srms are still glitched and sometimes don't register hits (stationary stalker 200 rounds of srms 36 didn't register at all) Granted no one said anything about that being fixed but, seems like a whole lot of effort went into making the game easier to buy stuff with MC rather than any sort of intuitive user friendliness. I've got no problem with people wanting to spend cash. I've just got a problem with the entire layout being more counterintuitive to feed the blaringly obvious "click this and spend money" as it looks almost like the requirement it isn't. You're in the business of making cash I know. Cash is needed to fix the other stuff, again, I know. That stuff takes forever to get fixed and a whole lot of resource went into designing more cosmetic stuff (again). After 3 years, it's just tedious.
8. I think most would overlook many things if the gameplay were looked at more heavily. Other than getting mechbays to make life easier on me, I'm actually afraid to get anything more in case something like this were to pop up and just completely lose interest in the game. (which i did... about 1 hour ago) All I can say is I'm glad I didn't spend anymore cash on this game and went with my smarter thoughts on it.
Anywho, for the few things that are actual improvements (weapons more clearly defined stat wise, mechs more clearly defined stat wise) and quite possibly a less glitchy social (which I'll never know because the UI turns me off to the entire process of wanting to play) It just feels like a giant leap backwards. Maybe I'm old and grouchy (high possibility) but, if you're designing something involving gamepads and joysticks why would everything else be so unintuitive? Personally, I use a mouse and keyboard (before that rage starts from some other commenter) But, you tend to cater to those types of gamers and then do a 180* on it.
Anywho, end of rant wall. See you next patch.

#37 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

I am currently unable to play do to the fact that after I log into the main area my screen goes completely black and then my monitor tells me "Video4 VGA Mode not supported." The size of the 'full screen' its set to is so large my screen can't handle it. Highly suggest that you guys at PGI revert it back to the windowed like it was before, or at the very least have an option setting at the log in screen so this way my self and others can set it to the size that our monitors can handle.

#38 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 01:37 PM

Ok seriously... you have to configure to see what engine is equiped???

How the hell does something like that get by QA?

#39 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Can I have the old UI back? I like it... but it's buggy... still testing it, but I would've thought with enough closed and public testing that things could've been fixed up better.

#40 HeavyRain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

That pop-up overview of your mech looks nice with the graphs and all, but it really really needs to show the engine and modules that you have equipped.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users