1175 replies to this topic

#1161 tuffy963

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:01 PM

I have not logged-in in 5 weeks.

Wonderful Personal Insight: I want to log-in and redesign a couple of mechs and try those builds on the battlefield.
Not-so-wonderful Personal Insight: I have come to hate the mech reconfiguration in the new UI 2.0. I can't even consider trying to design a mech using this UI.

The new UI is the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

6,000 games played, 56 mechs, ~$200 dollars invested; all in hopes that I was investing in a game that was evolving into something valuable. UI 2.0 has convinced me that this game is churning not evolving.

Based on current development tempo of PGI, I will stop back by in six months and see how things are going. Until then... World of Tanks is a game that is evolving!

Edited by tuffy963, 13 March 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#1162 Karr285

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 445 posts
  • LocationAB, CAN

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:52 PM

I took a 3 month break, came back saw that garbage they called ui 2.0 and immediatly closed the game.

PGI the only company that wont undue a terrible desicion because they spent forever working/hiping it, lawl,

game is deing and its PGI/IGP holding the rope around its neck.

#1163 StrykerRYo

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostCaemric Thunder, on 04 February 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

With all due respect PGI - are you on crack?

I don't even know where to start. This guy sums it all up, and just about every complaint in this thread is valid. Using the thing is a mess. I got on after maybe a month or more since last (busy, other games). Someone telling me things I couldn't believe.. I had to get on myself to see it. What did you guys do.

The mechs in shop are missing data like just where the hardpoints are on the mech. Then I went to the lab and find the most monotonous and poor organization I've ever seen, a listing of more parts than I need to see at one time, and the writing made really small, I can't see what my mech's total weight is anywhere, I just don't know what to say. Just what happened guys.

#1164 Aggressor666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 158 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:34 AM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 11 March 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Since UI 2.0 came out, some of my (former) friends have told me "You'll get used to it."
There are things I want to get used to... For example, a stable game that never, ever crashes.
A stable frame rate that stays in the 60s and doesn't drop for certain maps, or certain weapons being fired.
So many C-Bills, I eventually have all the equipment I want and I might consider spending C-Bills on consumables.

...Not UI 2.0. I'm getting used to the new UI in the sense that I can navigate it faster than I used to, and it's still garbage, just like the first day. Every time I use it, it further undermines my desire to play the game, and my hope that PGI will un-f*** themselves.

If you come home to a house filled ankle-deep with garbage, do you get used to it? No, you start shoveling or bagging it, or somehow getting rid of the garbage. You want to roll back your house to a pre-garbage state, like I want a rollback to the previous UI.

http://www.escapistm...k-About-Games-1
UI 2.0 is the re-animation of an infamous corpse, and it's cross-eyed and has a peg-leg.

yea this .... this right here sums it up I've tried a couple more time to USE this new U.I. and yea all I want to do is just turn the game off and play somthing.... anything but not this ....

swapping an LRM 5 for a streak 2 was a colosal pain in the @ss

can someone tell me what in the hell was wrong with the old U.I.???

till this gets rolled back or something as drastic,I'm sorry to say this game is dead as far as I'm concerned

Edited by Aggressor666, 15 March 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#1165 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

Missing textboxes in DX11 (not sure about DX9) in UI 2.0. I had added friends in a patch, and found that textbox missing. Also occurs with renaming a mech. The textbox is simply missing.

#1166 David Sumner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 470 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 16 March 2014 - 01:13 AM

Twice now. bought a mech bay, and after waiting > 5 minutes for "refreshing data" had to kill the game and restart. Skill tree, when expanding a node, make the whole node visible (e.g. Stalker on full list) And how about by default exapdn and select your current mech.

#1167 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 05:02 AM

NEWS FLASH

THIS JUST IN

UI still SUCKS, I really dont know where to start, so I'll say what I like about it

#1168 Carlhosan

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

The same people who thought the UI 2.0 it's ok, can't fix it. PGI need someone who can think better.
I bet many gamers here can think better. PGI should ask the community for a UI design.

#1169 1Grimbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,123 posts
  • Locationsafe. . . . . you'll never get me in my hidey hole.

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

why is this the most popular thread when half of the players are ctd'ing 100% of the time i can't even complain about the UI because i can't get this game to work since the new patch......... HOTFIX please

#1170 Pblogic

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 04:05 PM

I have to agree. The new UI is unintuitive and time consuming to use.

#1171 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

View PostStrykerRYo, on 13 March 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

...I can't see what my mech's total weight is anywhere, I just don't know what to say. Just what happened guys.

Look at the text by the mech's feet...and squint.

View PostCarlhosan, on 16 March 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

PGI need someone who can think better.
I bet many gamers here can think better. PGI should ask the community for a UI design.

I think PGI might have outsourced the UI design.

Someone, somewhere had the idea that whoever designed UI2.0 doesn't play the game. They designed it to look pretty, on a certain size monitor.

I glimpsed UI 2.0 in one of the public tests, and the feedback PGI wanted was in the form of a poll. You clicked the radio buttons to indicate that you had found such-and-such feature. (Hunting down all those features took so long, the thread was closed before I could give text feedback.)

From that poll, I got the idea that the UI itself is designed to conform to a checklist of features:
"UI allows you to rename a mech: Yes or No."

One of my friends thought PGI had interns fresh out of school design the new UI. I don't know about that. Interns might have goofed off and played the game in their free time. Anyone who plays the game, much less configures a mech, would have wanted a more streamlined UI.

I think PGI must have outsourced it to someone who had never heard of MechWarrior, and gave them a checklist. They must have approved the results on the theory that "anything new must be better" and "any publicity is good publicity".

Regardless, I'm pretty sure UI 2.0 is proof that the developers don't ever go into the mech lab. They would have rolled back the UI by now.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 17 March 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#1172 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 17 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 12 March 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but the mech tree upgrades seem to require all 3 variants be present before you can get past Basic. I don't like the idea of contacting support to "work around this".

In the old UI, if you moused over the right thing, it spelled out that you had to unlock the basic efficiencies for 3 variants of a mech before you could access the elite efficiencies. (That's why there have to be at least 3 variants of a mech, purchasable by C-Bills.) So, this is working as intended, and there's no work-around.

Granted, it could be a real pain if you're trying to work with the default 4 mech bays.

I was going to collect mechs and try a bunch of variants anyway, but for those who weren't this is one of PGI's incentives to buy MC. That, and I believe they've nerfed the payouts for everything you do in a match, to make us consider buying premium time.

Since UI 2.0 lists champion mechs among your "owned" mechs, I'm pretty sure that was devised to see if they could trick people into spending MC. Then they have to buy more MC. Every other thing PGI does is a cash grab, often at rates that are outrageous compared to other games.

PGI doesn't have to listen to the forums as long as there are schmucks buying MC, which is why I've stopped. My remaining MC are reserved for mech bays.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 17 March 2014 - 07:47 AM.

#1173 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 17 March 2014 - 07:44 AM, said:

In the old UI, if you moused over the right thing, it spelled out that you had to unlock the basic efficiencies for 3 variants of a mech before you could access the elite efficiencies. (That's why there have to be at least 3 variants of a mech, purchasable by C-Bills.) So, this is working as intended, and there's no work-around.

Yes, but you're missing my explanation.

Let's say you mastered 3 Catapults (K2, C1, A1) and you wanted to consider the Jester next, since you wanted to keep it because of the hero C-bill bonus. Let's also say you sold the 3 Catapults (for whatever the reason).

In UI 2.0, the game would not allow you to get past basic in the Jester, because despite having mastered the Catapults, the game only considers you passing basic if 2 other catapults passing basic are in your active inventory. Once you "repurchase" 2 of the Catapults, you can proceed grinding through Elite for the Jester.

In UI 1.5, you would have had zero problems progressing because you had mastered 3 Catapults in advance, despite having sold them off.

I hope this clears up the confusion for you.

Edited by Deathlike, 17 March 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#1174 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:09 AM

^ Yeah, that's got to be a pain. ...Like many other things about the new UI.

Well, as of the latest technical update the Devs claim "We've been hearing out your concerns and comments since the release of UI 2.0"
http://mwomercs.com/...echnical-update

But now that I've read the technical update, they aren't saying anything about the UI, itself.

#1175 Solothkar

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 18 March 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

But now that I've read the technical update, they aren't saying anything about the UI, itself.

Let me just add this. Even in this long awaited patch there is hardly enough UI2 stuff in it. The mechlab is horrid but the colors of the itmes in the slots make it almost impossible to find out what is equipped. Taking out a few obsolete "okay, I really wanna do this. Really, trust me." boxes couldn't be so hard to do? I was hoping for a major patch reading dozens of UI2 fixes and now they have a problem with Highlanders and Victors turning torso speed? WTF?

Why does the search function in the module part of the mechbay not give out the mechs where the modules are installed in?

Too upset to write more. Really bad work for a patch after the UI2 debacle.

Hang in there and don't start chewing nails...

Solo

Edited by Solothkar, 18 March 2014 - 09:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users