#1141 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

View PostSeraphims Blood, on 11 March 2014 - 03:29 AM, said:

1. the main view in the Mechlab should be some kind of Mech selection of available mechs.
2. when I have a mech selected in the main view window I should be able to go straight to Loudout, Moduls, Camospec etc., and NOT the long way around by clicking: Select Mech -> Cofigure -> Loudout
3. in mech selection view all loudout (with modules) should be shown when selecting a mech. Info like torso twist, arm range, weapon range and damage decay should be shown in some other detail window (or on mouse hover)
4. in inventory all parts should be shown, not just ones that are not on a mech, these that are on a mech should have that info (like: 300XL - total: 5 - not used: 4 - used: 1 in: FLAME)
5. mech skills - to make it look consistent mech skills should open in a dropdown matter under a mech, just like the list on mech chassis under mech type

ALL BEAUTIFULLY SAID!

#1142 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:56 AM

at least put an icon on each mech indicating if it has any modules equipped if nothing else. 2 weeks and im still hunting for a sceismic sensor.

the hover sound is super annoying.

mech info panel should be onclick, not onhover

finding engines is equally a nightmare.

could the inventory section include all stuff, not just unequipped stuff? this way we could find stuff a lot easier/know what we actually have.

#1143 Kill Dozer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostExarch Levin, on 08 March 2014 - 03:44 PM, said:

I just tweaked my ECM spider's loadout, my first foray into using the UI 2.0 mechlab, and it was a traumatic experience. ;)

Im pretty much playing the same builds I had before 2.0 was released, the mechlab is near unusable.

#1144 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 11 March 2014 - 04:09 PM

Just fix the damn rotating mech in the mech bay. It was one of very few things you got right and you went and screwed it up in the very next patch. Throw us a bone and fix this minor glitch. Remove hover-beeps as well and I'll have a new respect for you.

#1145 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:54 PM

View PostRolfS, on 10 March 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

My feedback: use the original BattleTech formatting...

1. The overview of mechs should be identical to the technical readout format from 3025 technical readout.

^ Now, there's an idea. I could live with that.
If PGI doesn't want to do that, then my happy place is in the UI for MechWarrior 2. Use that as the starting point, and get the computer voice right, and it will give me a warm, fuzzy feeling and take the edge off everything else that's wrong with the game.

5. When listing mech parts display a single part as text only and with some useful abbreviated stats to go with the part.

If you're saying that the UI devotes entirely too much space to pictures of weapons, and not enough space to legible text, I agree. A lot. We got by without the pictures just fine for the previous year that I played. The pictures apparently took precedence over practical considerations like being able to read.

6. include some of the text from the technical readouts somewhere in the UI.

RolfS, do you mean the "fluff"? The background info like where the mech was made, and it's combat history? It would be nifty if we could find that in the UI and not have to go to sarna.net or the MWO wiki. Game knowledge depends too much on outside sources, and then one might get the idea that PGI took liberties and did some sketchy sh!t.

Heaven knows plenty of people already think that, and PGI doesn't need to convince any more of us.

7. mech view should not show mech variants. The view should be split in "mech" and then "variant" not all mechs at the same time.

However the mechs are listed, the order needs to make more sense. They aren't in alphabetical order, or in order by weight, and I can't put them in any such order. Dafuq?!?

OK, I have figured out the order.
The mechs are in order by weight class (Light, Medium, Heavy, Assault), then in alphabetical order by name.
Well, that isn't much of an order.
If they must be in a fixed order, and the user can't select "Alphabetical" or "Weight", then at least put them in the order they appear in the TROs: By weight, then alphabetical.

Then again, the user should really be able to select what order to list the mechs. The order in the TROs would be a hassle without a Table of Contents or an index. I mean, imagine someone is looking for their Jagermech, and doesn't remember off the top of his head that it's a 65-ton mech.

8. less clicking. a lot less clicking.

THIS. PGI, there are a few places where I'm willing to do one more click to bring up information. I've listed them in this post, and my previous one in the thread. Everywhere else needs LESS clicking. The old UI had took less clicking, and I'm pretty sure it was partly because of the ability to click on a part of the mech and have all the available components show up. The current business of having to select Configure > Loadout > Body Part > Weapon/Equipment/Ammo is entirely too tedious.

9. get rid of all the fancy useless stats in the GUI

I think we need to see some of those stats, like the range of motion for torso twist. I know that information from the MWO wiki, but a lot of people don't know about that wiki or look at it. It makes sense for the information to be available while I'm looking at a mech. But, the text is awfully small, and the graphics are awfully small, because you (PGI) tried to fit so much stuff into about 1/4 of the screen.

And, I haven't figured out any reason to when it pops up. It's not just because the cursor hovers over a mech. No, if I've selected a mech, and mouse over the icon for that mech, those specifications don't appear. First, I have to mouse over a mech that isn't selected, then mouse over the one that I've selected. It should go without saying, but that's tedious. PGI, did you do that on purpose? I want more control over when this information appears.

I think those Range of Motion and Movement Speed specs should appear when I click on something. Then there's more room for the basic stuff like the weapons, hardpoints, and

What size engine does this mech have??? PGI, do you not realize that's important? Should I really have to look at my mechs' loadouts, one by one, to find out which mech has which engine?
I didn't have to in, the previous UI. I'd look through the list, click on a mech, and RIGHT AWAY the stats would pop up showing what weapons and equipment the mech had, what hardpoints, how much armor, and what size engine. And, it was all in a text big enough that I didn't have to squint to read it.

10. fix the physics to make it human possibly to build a good mech without smurfy's mech builder (like double heat sink to cool double heat and not cool square heat). i.e simplify and get rid of all arbitrary rules not visible in the UI design window.

At least make the rules readily available in the UI. Double heat sinks cool at 1.4 times the rate of standard heat sinks? It's all well and good to tell us in the tips at the start of a match - I'm sure some people read that - But it would be better still to tell us when we're looking at the Double Heat Sink upgrade, or when the cursor hovers over the mech's Heat Efficiency.

"Hmmm... My mech's heat efficiency is 1.04. Is that good? Oh, look! A hint popped up for how to make it better. Maybe I'll look into those 'Double Heat Sinks'."

#1146 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:02 PM

Since UI 2.0 came out, some of my (former) friends have told me "You'll get used to it."
There are things I want to get used to... For example, a stable game that never, ever crashes.
A stable frame rate that stays in the 60s and doesn't drop for certain maps, or certain weapons being fired.
So many C-Bills, I eventually have all the equipment I want and I might consider spending C-Bills on consumables.

...Not UI 2.0. I'm getting used to the new UI in the sense that I can navigate it faster than I used to, and it's still garbage, just like the first day. Every time I use it, it further undermines my desire to play the game, and my hope that PGI will un-f*** themselves.

If you come home to a house filled ankle-deep with garbage, do you get used to it? No, you start shoveling or bagging it, or somehow getting rid of the garbage. You want to roll back your house to a pre-garbage state, like I want a rollback to the previous UI.

http://www.escapistm...k-About-Games-1
UI 2.0 is the re-animation of an infamous corpse, and it's cross-eyed and has a peg-leg.

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 11 March 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#1147 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 11 March 2014 - 08:56 AM, said:

mech info panel should be onclick, not onhover
finding engines is equally a nightmare.
Could the inventory section include all stuff, not just unequipped stuff? this way we could find stuff a lot easier/know what we actually have.

^ What he said.

#1148 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

i thought i would post these images of a decent mechlab that almost everybody can understand at a glance
see how the lay out is everything is there with 1 or 2 clicksPosted Image very easy to use so do us all a favour and try something in this direction for the mech lab. the mech lab in ui2. 0 currently is a huge failure

#1149 Ebonkosh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 120 posts
  • Locationwashington dc

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:01 PM

Has there been any replies from the devs on whyit is taking this long to get EXP and cbills on the home screen? When I have a mech selected on the home screen I should be able to see the EXP I have on it and if I want to train by pressing skills it should default to that mech. Why do I have to select the chasis type and the mech again? Just two of the many things broken...I posted prior but this is taking way tooo long.

Ebonkosh

#1150 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostEbonkosh, on 12 March 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Has there been any replies from the devs on whyit is taking this long to get EXP and cbills on the home screen? When I have a mech selected on the home screen I should be able to see the EXP I have on it and if I want to train by pressing skills it should default to that mech. Why do I have to select the chasis type and the mech again? Just two of the many things broken...I posted prior but this is taking way tooo long.

Ebonkosh

They haven't replied once here. I heard someone mention they only read tweets but who knows. Basically.. this forum has turned into a place for venting your frustrations with the new UI rather than putting your fist through your monitor.

#1151 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 March 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 12 March 2014 - 04:14 PM, said:

They haven't replied once here. I heard someone mention they only read tweets but who knows. Basically.. this forum has turned into a place for venting your frustrations with the new UI rather than putting your fist through your monitor.

Where are the NEW skills that were supposed to be added with UI 2.doh?? Get rid of the useless Convergence and the questionable fast fire and put in something cool like ability to PUNCH when weaponless.

#1152 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 12 March 2014 - 09:56 PM

I'm sure this has been mentioned already, but the mech tree upgrades seem to require all 3 variants be present before you can get past Basic. I don't like the idea of contacting support to "work around this".

Also, the most obvious error... "Fast Fire" still claims to "increase" the cooldown of weapons when they mean it is supposed to "decrease"/lower the cooldown of the weapons. I honestly don't know how much longer that error should continue to be displayed.

#1153 MadTulip

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 262 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:40 AM

oh my god its so bad! 1,5 years of development for such a piece of crap.

- it doesnt display the information required
- it lacks required functionality
- its sluggish
- its layout and structure is unintuitive and to complicated
- its no improovement to 1.5
- i like the blue

smurfy, a single random guy from the internet coded something better then youre team did for lots of cash in 1,5years. as allways your code seems to be some combination of duct tape and coconuts barely working but in no way functional or usefull.

but hey, on the upside its so damn modular now that its easy to throw all of the frontend over board and rearrange all windows and buttons right, RIGHT? ;) ....... why dont you employ someone who knows what hes doesing for all the cash.

Edited by MadTulip, 13 March 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#1154 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:50 AM

After 58 pages of posts, it feels like beating a dead horse ... but here goes anyway with a summary after a few weeks of exposure to 2.0:

PGI seem to have some sort of ad-deal going which gives them revenue for every mouse-click we (have to) make in the Mechlab/UI. Seriously .. that's the only explanation I can come up with for the incredibly complicated way this thing works. Let's see ..

- Quitting the game: Requires 3 Mouse clicks. Log out, confirm log out, then another to actually quit the game on the login-screen. Should be two clicks, one to click on a big, fat "exit game"-button, then another to confirm. We also should be able to bring this down to one click by disabling the "are you sure?"-dialogue.

- Reconfiguring a Mech after a match: Takes at least 3 or 4 (prolly more) unnecessary clicks. The Mech *should* already be "active" (I just used it, *and* it is shown in the background after all), so why do I need to go through the Mech-selection-process again if I just want to rebuy a consumable?

- Getting from Mechlab to social: Takes way too many clicks and if you've forgotten the click on the "home"-tab, you'll have to close the social-window again and re-enter it afterwards. Doesn't help that opening and closing the social-window involves two different buttons in two different locations.

- (Re-)Building Mechs in Mechlab: Getting there and the actual build take more clicks than I care to count. While at the same time I'm working in the dark as to my current loadout, since there is no summary that would tell me stuff like how many slots I have free and no indication (visual or otherwise) of what my *entire* loadout currently is. The only workaround that I can see to this ATM is to build your Mech in smurfy's, then memorize it/keep it open on a second monitor/print it out and just copy the build component by component in the game.

- Finding *anything* take a gazillion of clicks and a lot of patience. Good luck locating a specific module or engine when you have 40+ Mechs in your stable. Should be a tool-tip that pops up when you hover over an item, telling you either "not owned" or "owned, available for installation" or "owned, currently mounted to Mech XYZ".

All this about the clicks may sound trivial, but when you're playing with a bunch of other people you really start to realize how the clunkiness of the UI slows everything down. Just re-buying stuff takes forever now. And God help you if you're trying to change a Mech and/or tweaking a build while three other guys are waiting for you. Doesn't help that saving any sort of change also takes forever.

S.

Edited by 1Sascha, 13 March 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#1155 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 13 March 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostEbonkosh, on 12 March 2014 - 04:01 PM, said:

Ebonkosh

No PGI representative has made the slightest comment regarding the player's reactions on the new UI 2.Click. I doubt that they are unaware of the public frustration; I believe they simply don't know how to answer it. It seems (just guessing here) that they didn't realize how disfunctional it was before they released it and now they are trying to find a way to apease the crowds by gradually tuning a few thigs up. They probably decided to proceed without making any anouncements; no plausible excuse can be used in defense of this bad interface and any single response from their side, would be followed by at least 20 pages of player's rage. They probably hope that this will blow of as time passes so they play the mute card.

#1156 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:58 AM

View PostIcemantas, on 10 March 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

hello,
ithink that

new interface is really

good and easy

not

to use

also

continue reading? [OK][cancel]

you sure? [OK][cancel]

you have selected to continue reading [OK]

thankyou for listening

You, Sir, made me chuckle.

#1157 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 March 2014 - 06:46 AM

View Post1Sascha, on 13 March 2014 - 12:50 AM, said:

After 58 pages of posts, it feels like beating a dead horse ... but here goes anyway with a summary after a few weeks of exposure to 2.0:

PGI seem to have some sort of ad-deal going which gives them revenue for every mouse-click we (have to) make in the Mechlab/UI. Seriously .. that's the only explanation I can come up with for the incredibly complicated way this thing works. Let's see ..

- Quitting the game: Requires 3 Mouse clicks. Log out, confirm log out, then another to actually quit the game on the login-screen. Should be two clicks, one to click on a big, fat "exit game"-button, then another to confirm. We also should be able to bring this down to one click by disabling the "are you sure?"-dialogue.

- Reconfiguring a Mech after a match: Takes at least 3 or 4 (prolly more) unnecessary clicks. The Mech *should* already be "active" (I just used it, *and* it is shown in the background after all), so why do I need to go through the Mech-selection-process again if I just want to rebuy a consumable?

- Getting from Mechlab to social: Takes way too many clicks and if you've forgotten the click on the "home"-tab, you'll have to close the social-window again and re-enter it afterwards. Doesn't help that opening and closing the social-window involves two different buttons in two different locations.

- (Re-)Building Mechs in Mechlab: Getting there and the actual build take more clicks than I care to count. While at the same time I'm working in the dark as to my current loadout, since there is no summary that would tell me stuff like how many slots I have free and no indication (visual or otherwise) of what my *entire* loadout currently is. The only workaround that I can see to this ATM is to build your Mech in smurfy's, then memorize it/keep it open on a second monitor/print it out and just copy the build component by component in the game.

- Finding *anything* take a gazillion of clicks and a lot of patience. Good luck locating a specific module or engine when you have 40+ Mechs in your stable. Should be a tool-tip that pops up when you hover over an item, telling you either "not owned" or "owned, available for installation" or "owned, currently mounted to Mech XYZ".

All this about the clicks may sound trivial, but when you're playing with a bunch of other people you really start to realize how the clunkiness of the UI slows everything down. Just re-buying stuff takes forever now. And God help you if you're trying to change a Mech and/or tweaking a build while three other guys are waiting for you. Doesn't help that saving any sort of change also takes forever.

S.
It's four clicks to log out. FOUR CLICKS!

The workaround is Alt-F4. They should call this new interface UI 2.workaround.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 13 March 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#1158 1Sascha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts
  • LocationMunich, Germany

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 13 March 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

It's four clicks to log out. FOUR CLICKS!

The workaround is Alt-F4. They should call this new interface UI 2.workaround.

OMG.. how could I have overlooked that one click? Well, I guess in the grand scheme of (clicking) things one more or less doesn't matter, right? ;)

But hey, at least we're getting that bloody annoying incredibly cool sound effect every time we click something or even hover over an item .. :D Thank God that thing can't be deactivated ...

Edited by 1Sascha, 13 March 2014 - 07:45 AM.

#1159 Aggressor666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 158 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:55 PM

I leave for a little over a month see the adds on FB about new mechs and stuff think to myself "yea been a while I'll give it another try"
download mega patch
load game
" oh cool new U.I. is finally up and running"
click....click....click......."what??"
click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click..... "the ****"
click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click....."is this SHIT!!"

#1160 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:57 PM

View Post1Sascha, on 13 March 2014 - 07:43 AM, said:

OMG.. how could I have overlooked that one click? Well, I guess in the grand scheme of (clicking) things one more or less doesn't matter, right? :wacko:

But hey, at least we're getting that bloody annoying incredibly cool sound effect every time we click something or even hover over an item .. ;) Thank God that thing can't be deactivated ...

Don't take what we say the wrong way in this particular forum.. all of us come here to vent.. so we yell, alot, we use tiny fonts to illustrate how ridiculous the UI designers are, use smarmy pictures to tell each other off, all to emphASIZE the POINT THAT this UI SUCKS D}CK and it's RUINING WHAT COULD BE A PERFECTLY GREAT GAME. And it's all in the hands of amateurs.. so YES, as if 3 isn't bad enough, it actually takes 4 clicks to EXIT this game. 3 clicks... if only we'd be SO LUCKY!

View PostAggressor666, on 13 March 2014 - 12:55 PM, said:

I leave for a little over a month see the adds on FB about new mechs and stuff think to myself "yea been a while I'll give it another try"
download mega patch
load game
" oh cool new U.I. is finally up and running"
click....click....click......."what??"
click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click..... "the ****"
click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click.....click....click....click....."is this SHIT!!"

HA, that was beautiful! Can you believe what they're doing to this game?? But hey you can now buy disco lights and disco ball for your cockpit.. so that more than makes up for everything!

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 13 March 2014 - 01:11 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users