1175 replies to this topic

#1101 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

Where the **** can I see how many slots are free when constructing a mech?!?

#1102 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:12 AM

View PostVXJaeger, on 02 March 2014 - 11:34 PM, said:

Where the **** can I see how many slots are free when constructing a mech?!?

Trololoo, you can't :huh::D

Only viable way I've found is to:
1. go to smurfy and build it
2. make mwo windowed in 1024x768
3. strip the mech
4. build the mech from the smurfy template one part at a time
5. check out
6. make mwo full screen again

Such a hassle :S

#1103 Eric Generic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:26 AM

There are two things that PGI developers don't seem to understand:

1. Quick and complete information display.

2. Fewer clicks.

Neither of these were considered when developing UI 2.0.

#1104 VXJaeger

• The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostEdustaja, on 03 March 2014 - 01:12 AM, said:

Trololoo, you can't :huh::D

Only viable way I've found is to:
-snip-
Such a hassle :S

I think I just go and hammer a couple nails through my kneecaps. Less painful :ph34r:

Edited by VXJaeger, 03 March 2014 - 02:49 AM.

#1105 Ultraviper

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 74 posts
  • LocationThe INTERNET

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:32 AM

Store UI is terrible.
Mechlab: Mechs organized by weight class
Store: Mechs not organized at all

Mechlab: click and/or mouseover to view mech info
Store: can't view info at all

Do you really expect people to just buy mechs they can't even see the loadouts/hardpoints for? A lot of them aren't even on the website to view, are people just buying these blind?

#1106 HammerSwarm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 754 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

View Postodinsreign, on 02 March 2014 - 08:48 PM, said:

Is it me or is the old UI 10x better?
For an old player this is just confusing for a newer player why should they bother?
It went from easy to understand easy to read easy to play to " wtf is this shit " makes everything 5-6x SLOWER so UI 2.0? more like UI downgrade.

With this " update " It just makes me play less, Might as well play a new game. Thanks PGI.

#donewiththisgame

I am playing a new game, Thanks PGI!

#1107 Weapon Xproject

• Pip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 14 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Ok this is just my opinion, (and almost everyone I have talked with it about agrees) to help improve game play and over all player happiness. 1.) mech lab still needs a few more overhauls for starters "an un-equip button, the ability to see all hard points and exp. for all mech's, the ability to see your c-bills/MC/Exp. W/O having to go into mech lab. 2.) allow for a real training ground, I.E. .. A.I. controlled Mech's that return fire, the ability to create up to a full single lance and have a difficulty LV (easy, hard and vet) and an option to assault a single point or defend against a wave for the purpose of learning to work together as a lance and to improve over all player game play. simply a small map, up to 4 pilots (either friends or A.I. Pilots) ... No Exp./C-Bill/ELO. Gain. To many players as it is now have no clue how to actually work properly as a group/lance (Not locking targets, Chasing squirrel, coordination) and it can be a real issue, Unskilled pilots that either just shoot at what ever moves or Just in general show a lack of general game and group mechanics. 3.) lastly that I can think of is adding a single and co-op playable Story line Quest mode for added content as PVP can get old real quick. allow for C-Bill, EXP, and Salvage gain as well as possible mech pick-ups if all objectives are completed. All these options and opinions have been greatly discussed and would also generate a larger player base. Lets face it, you can only kill the same guys so many times on the same maps using the same heavy/Alpha/Run hot or Die builds before you no longer find the game interesting anymore. add that to the up coming community war. and adding a few special mechs like the Uziel, Blood asp, Vulture, Bush whacker, Cauldron Born, Mauler and Shadowcat. None of these Mechs are over powered or horribly over balanced and could be gained by either a Story mode or simply adding them as you have the other mechs. Last but Not least ... i'd like to be able to see what size engine is in a mech and to see what mod's I have w/o having to buy the mech or go into load out / Mods to simply see that as well as not having to select which game mode to go into ever time I launch. I liked having the ability to set it to Assault or Skirmish or Conquest and to just hit launch instead of having to go through 20 million tabs ..... ok, that may be a little over, but I feel like I have to go through that many tabs to get everything done. Simple and balance is good, I'd be willing to bet the House on the fact that you fix the few small issues you have plus add this with what your already adding in the Clans and Community War .... you'd be the next Big MMORPG with a player base almost as big as World of Warcraft .. before they became the big Joke they are now.

Just some Food for Thought. Feel free to Reply and see what you actually get.

#1108 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

View PostUltraviper, on 04 March 2014 - 06:32 AM, said:

Store UI is terrible.
Mechlab: Mechs organized by weight class
Store: Mechs not organized at all

Mechlab: click and/or mouseover to view mech info
Store: can't view info at all

Do you really expect people to just buy mechs they can't even see the loadouts/hardpoints for? A lot of them aren't even on the website to view, are people just buying these blind?

The whole UI is a joke and lacks alot of important info. I just bought a two camo's that were on sale and thought they would apply to all my mechs the same way that colors do. I learned the hard way that that's not the case. Most of this UI is guesswork on the users part.. click and see what happens. I feel sorry for new users trying to navigate UI 2.doh. Actually I feel sorry for the game and the direction it is headed..

View PostHammerSwarm, on 04 March 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

I am playing a new game, Thanks PGI!

Which game? WoT?

#1109 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

What happened to the revised mech lab that was supposed to be released today?

#1110 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:14 PM

View PostButane9000, on 04 March 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Anyone see any improvement with DX11 now supported?

#1111 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

View PostButane9000, on 04 March 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

They said March... and apparently the expected early date couldn't be today.

All I can say there's a significant number of errors in the omicron.log.

The only notable thing (I'll have to put up a screenshot) that when I don't have enough MC for the MC version of consumables, the error message is that "Not Enough C-Bills"... which is clearly the wrong message for the UI to display.

#1112 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

DO SOMETHING THAT MAKES SENSE FOR ONCE AND FOR THE NEXT PATCH TURN OFF THE FRACKIN BEEPING EVERY TIME YOU HOVER OVER A BUTTON! IT'S DRIVING MY WIFE AND I BERSERK!

IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE SO OBVIOUSLY YOU GUYS DON'T EVEN PLAY YOUR OWN GAME!

#1113 MADTIGERSr

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUS Arkansas

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:06 PM

Yes please help
patch today
now its to laggy to play
still cant read text in mech lab
tried all the settings for video dosent help
zero button still does wierd things with the menu
IN GAME IS BLURRY
ITS WORSE FOR MY FREIND HE HAS A HIGH PING NOW HE CANT EVEN GET A MISSLE LOCK

#1114 Stuka42

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:18 PM

Lol this UI is a joke. I might drop with a preconfigured mech once in awhile but I'm not spending a dime till they get this game back on track. I love battletech and would be happy to see this in another developers hands. They need to get some people on board that have a clue what they are doing. The lack of response to all the board fury is truly telling about what they think of their customers. We knew before releasing it that the UI was going to stink is not a valid response. Especially in light of the lack of improvements after 2 public tests!!

#1115 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

View PostStuka42, on 04 March 2014 - 07:18 PM, said:

Lol this UI is a joke. I might drop with a preconfigured mech once in awhile but I'm not spending a dime till they get this game back on track. I love battletech and would be happy to see this in another developers hands. They need to get some people on board that have a clue what they are doing. The lack of response to all the board fury is truly telling about what they think of their customers. We knew before releasing it that the UI was going to stink is not a valid response. Especially in light of the lack of improvements after 2 public tests!!

You are right. They haven't responded once in this forum to any of our concerns. I can only imagine how many users they are losing every single day.

#1116 Javenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:23 AM

The lack of response is really disturbing. If PGI thinks that there were serious design mistakes on the new interface, they should apologize and state a planned schedule of fixes. If PGI thinks that we are overeacting in regard to the new interface (i.e. UI 2.0 is a good product that just needs a little tweaking) after 57 pages of complaints, then I have nothing more to say.

#1117 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:01 AM

New Patch.

No new fonts.

I guess you really do not want our money.

#1118 Gamgan

• PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 06:25 AM

Since the patch where UI.2 came out something changed and I could no longer log in. Yesterdays patch fixed that after a month or so of not being able to place due to crash to desktop right after logging in. So yesterday was the first time I had a chance to see UI.2 for the first time.
I honestly do not think my post will be read by any one in the feedback or development team but on the off chance here are my initial thoughts.

In the US Military rules and instructions are written with a 6th grader level of english to ensure comprehension, Instructions and user level manuals are very simple and easy to understand. This UI.2 seems way to complex for what it needs to be.

At a glance:
Old UI- I could see my Mechs load out, engine, modules, and weight at one glance
New UI - I have to click several times to search additional screens to check each of these things individually. Its confusing to find.

When I am prepping for a 12 man or even a 4 man and my unit says, Hey bring a light with ECM or switch to a light with Streaks, it was a very simple process switching engines, Open mech #1 to configure, remove engine, save. Open mech #2 install engine, save. Click ready.
I tried doing that last nigth and it was a much longer process, it was hard to see what my mechs had, and finding the engine from this HUGE grid list of engines I didn't own was to messy and cluttered. A drop down menu like the first UI was much simpler.

Organizing mechs
Old UI - We could not organize mechs or rename them
New UI - We can click weight groups an rename mechs but cant organize them like I want.

I thought we would have the ability to Set up groups, my main mechs, my support mechs, my unused no engine scrapped mechs ect. I really do not like being shown trail mechs or additional mechs to buy when I ask only to be shown what I already have. I purchased Legendary Founder, and Overlord plus Saber Pack, now really considering Clan, Do I also need to be shoved these unwanted trail mechs in my list when I feel like I already have spent enough money on a game that I was unable to play for over a month due to crashes ?

My over all impression is that this UI was made way to complicated unnecessarily. Its cool to see weapon arches and speed and graphs and all that techy looking stuff but its not useful as say seeing engine, speed, weight, weapons and loadout plus modules. Leave that cool option in for Min-maxers but have that in mechlab under an analysis screen or something. Most of us don't need it.
The Old UI was simple, a few changes to it would have made it great. The ability to rename our mechs, allow us to organize our mechs either by tonnage or by letting us move them around to our preference. Getting ready now is way more complicated then before, with a simple button on top now I have to search several screens to get ready. Also the font is way to small.

Im sure this is all the same stuff others have said but like I said, I just saw my UI.2 last night for the first time. Hope PGI lets us know what they plan on doing with it.

Edited by Gamgan, 05 March 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#1119 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

For the love of my nerves and sanity, please remove those freaking sounds! Every time I try to equip mechs I go nuts after not even a minute, headaches start and I turn off the sound on my headset!
This is a UI! An optical interface. I don't need audio confirmation that I am hovering over a freaking button with my mouse!!!!
And why upgrades are not possible to make while fitting the mech is beyond me, as you already acknowledged that it was terrible in UI 1.0, and fixed it then!

#1120 SirDubba

• PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:56 PM

I opened MWO Launcher first time this year, downloaded patches and started the game. At first I was happy with the style and fullscreen view, but then I opened mechlab and... I was stunned. I waited this for so long and.. I don't even have the words. These 57 pages probably say everything there is to say, but really, how can the devs waste so much effort in creating an interface which is against the user in almost every corner. UI 2.0 was supposed to be more fluent, informative, logically laid out, and a better base for future implementations.

I was going to have a quick match before going to sleep but I got lost in my own mechbay, I couldn't get a good overview of what I had (Why are those trial-mechs shown on my on hangar?). I didn't remember the loadouts on most of my mechs, and when compared to the old UI, it is really painful to get the needed information out fast. When I finally found out where my engines are, I was staggering when I tried to move one engine from a 'Mech to another. During the transfer, I found out that I could not get a good overview of my single 'Mech in mechlab, the navigation listings on the left confuse me when I try to find out how many slots are free in my 'Mech and what equipments do I have and where is... well, everything. And in between there is a list of huge icons yelling at me.
Navigation lists are constantly changing and require more actions to move from place to place. Even mech/pilot trees are slower to check out now. If I click a 'Mech, why can't those efficiencies be shown over the 'Mech model on the right? There is just too many clicks, too much navigation, too much waiting for information of 'Mech loadouts and the basic information shown on the bottom of the screen is disappearing on the background because of its font, and it is also located far from where my cursor will be when clicking a 'Mech.

UI 2.0 looks good, it runs smoothly, overally. But it isn't quite what we waited for. I hope and believe it will be intuitive and more logical some day.. I had to abandon a bottle of beer when I got lost in my hangar and disappointed. Now I'll just open my bottle of whiskey and try to sleep.

Edited by SirDubba, 05 March 2014 - 01:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users