#41 Mercules

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 5,136 posts
  • LocationPlymouth, MN

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 06 February 2014 - 11:34 AM, said:

It's not too slow... under-armed after ammo is dry... 2 AC2, 4 ton ammo, 2 SL, a few JJ and a 200XL (armour is slightly shaved) and you have a mech capable of 450+ dmg moving at 97kph pre-tweak.

The best fun I had in a Firestarter was legging an unamoured Victor poptart that was twitch streaming whilst in the middle of his entire team, it made my night because of the bad ELO MM set-up of the game. I am thinking of reverting to builds similar to my light's with a PPC, some lasers and MG's. But I will see, it could be interesting.

My 2 AC/2 Shadowhawk moves around that speed with more firepower and armor backing up those AC/2s. The smaller size does give it a long range advantage in sniping but I think a fast medium does that better.

#42 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:45 AM

This mech will in the foreseeable future become my favourite light. Max engine, 4 ML and 4MG,... Assaults without streaks are breakfast for these things. Because I can at this moment not yet elite the darn thing, Jenner still got top dog position though.

Edited by PyckenZot, 14 February 2014 - 06:50 AM.

#43 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:56 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...116f6a928d3c808

1 ac 5
5 small lasers
1 medium
jumpjet
134 kph
;)

Edited by kesuga7, 17 February 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#44 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:12 PM

0 armour on the head? Nice! I wasn't aware that head shotting and artillery strikes had been removed from the game...

#45 Maverick27

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

Just bought the FS9-K today and am loving it; replaces the Jenner F in my opinion. Currently running below but am no where near completing basics.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d462d58afb5580c

32 alpha from a light is awesome, and once I unlock better cooling efficiency I'm sure I'll do some more tinkering.

#46 Yiazmat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 531 posts
  • LocationCentral CA

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:37 AM

I'd shave armor off my center torso before my legs in any Firestarter
Max that out dude, seriously.

#47 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:04 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 17 February 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

0 armour on the head? Nice! I wasn't aware that head shotting and artillery strikes had been removed from the game...

Well, Firestarters are hot running, so you need all the Air Conditioning you can get........

#48 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 February 2014 - 06:04 AM, said:

Well, Firestarters are hot running, so you need all the Air Conditioning you can get........

I assume he just forgot to add the armour into the head slot, but perhaps he was actually using the variant with the sunroof? FS9-Miami!

#49 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 17 February 2014 - 05:12 PM, said:

well iv been running low cockpit armor on my ravens and cicada's for a while

its dam rare to get cockpited even
only things that have gotten me were dual ac 20's to me cockpit or gauss
airstrikes - no excuse you couldn't out ran em

Your a 140-150 KPH lightmech constantly running with jumpjets - chances are your not going to get cockpited with such a small hitbox

though the arm armor i admit i hate trimming but da heatsinks

#50 Baltasar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

Current builds that I'm running. I generally like running an ER large Laser in place of 2 mediums. Close to the same damage not much hotter and gives me the ability to do distance shots when I need it. So my K and E builds reflect that. Generally play both of those as striker/flanker builds. Prey on the weak and such. The S is more of a support striker atm. Threw a tag in there for spotting and ecm purposes and 6 med lasers is always nice (even though you have to pick and choose the torso shots. I generally like running at least 3 jump jets in my lights but it's kind of hard to squeeze them onto these builds. (although I could just drop the small lasers on the K but those things have saved my life and gotten the kill shot a couple of times).

FS9-K
FS9-S
FS9-E

#51 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:08 PM

View Postkesuga7, on 17 February 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...116f6a928d3c808

1 ac 5
5 small lasers
1 medium
jumpjet
134 kph
;)

ok....i have a new favorite set up thanks to you. not sure how you got that all on there but using my ember i went
4ML
1 AC5
3 tons AC5 ammo....

man it seems like i'm doing so much now, again not alot of kills but tons of damage being dealt per round and assists up the wazoo.

Edited by Bigbacon, 01 May 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#52 TheFlayedman

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

I just bought an Ember having fun with 2 ML 2 SL 4 MGs with 2t + case max engine and a jumpjet or 2 i forget

#53 LlamaOfSheep

Rookie

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

I run my ember very different,
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...82ffeea9865a84f

#54 CMetz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 289 posts
  • LocationCortlandt Manor, NY

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:27 AM

People are crazy to snooze on this mech. Best light in the game. I say that without reservations, and with a good deal of love for my Death's Knell.

#55 Smedlee

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:02 AM

I decided to have a fast, faster and fastest Firestarter. The "fast" variant is my FS9-S, which has two AMS. My "faster" FS has one AMS and my "fastest" has none. Below is my FS9-S build. Since it was to be the slowest of the three and I was short of c-bills at the time, I kept the standard engine in it. So it plays a bit more like a medium that can't take a hit. You need to stick with larger mechs, provide them with AMS support and pile on with your team when enemies are distracted.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c35e5f43b0fe576

#56 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostCMetz, on 28 April 2014 - 06:27 AM, said:

People are crazy to snooze on this mech. Best light in the game. I say that without reservations, and with a good deal of love for my Death's Knell.

I don't own that many mechs but 3 of them are Firestarters. I rarely use anything else. I love it, especially the ember.

#57 Lysander Davion

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 59 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:31 PM

I did nothing special but it worx for me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users