• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

View PostKillkie, on 12 February 2014 - 01:07 PM, said:

Thought on the S variant.

It should have ECM as an option, since the S1 variant is there and we've had the same...damn...ecm mechs FOREVER now.

But how do we keep it from taking away the action from spiders, ravens and commando's (oh my!) And, generally, keeping it from being op, while still keeping it canonical?

Simple, remove a module slot.

Like many laser boat mechs, have it be a one.slot wonder. This will make in a unique, light, ecm, brawler...but without being op.

I think that is fair, fun, and gives me a reason to buy one

Given that the Firestarter is all ready the most powerful light on the boards right now ECM suit would be over kill.

My H is sitting with a K/D of 4 and more important a win/lose of 4 .

I'm not a good light pilot.

These things are first on my priority list as a light pilot, to hunt, and I don't worry about streak mediums, piloting a Firestarter. I'm in, I shoot, I'm gone, I'm quite happy to take on two assaults..lol..

I'm so waiting for page after page of firestarters are OP nerf them..they must be broken, spiders are yesterdays hate mail.

Any light pilot that doesn't buy one of these, on the grounds of it hasn't ECM, well I, at a reasonable fee, can provide you with a hand gun, to shoot yourself in the foot with.

Medium, small lasers, beam and pulse, plus MG's...max enigine..max armour..anything else is a waste.

#102 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:41 AM

View PostCathy, on 13 February 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

Given that the Firestarter is all ready the most powerful light on the boards right now ECM suit would be over kill.

Armor concept oh armor concept with armor per variant, you'd truly be amazing. With it one Jenner and two Ravens would clearly outclass the Firestarters in armor. The others in speed and agility and/or ECM.

B)

LEaving the Firestarters with firepower. Because, get it, fire. :P

#103 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostFelio, on 12 February 2014 - 08:03 AM, said:

The hero is the weakest one? Pay 2 lose?

Nope. Not even close.

#104 Decep-Qi-Kons

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 122 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:06 PM

Obviously, you didn't read the sacrifice. Taking a module slot off of a light/scout mech is more than a small nerf. Module slots are where scout mechs bring a lot of advantage and power to a lance. Especially now that there are weapons modules.

Taking away a module slot means fewer sensor buffs, fewer air strikes, fewer artilery strikes, fewer coolshots, fewer weapon mods, fewer everything.

I think it's more than fair and I think it makes the mech unique in that now there is a masked, purpose build brawler. It will be the only mech designed for a direct fire role, with ECM. The scouting role will be forfieted.

Yeah, it will be powerful, but the ECM spider is powerful, and the Atlas DDC is powerful. I don't think it's going to be OP, it's going to be specialized.

View PostCathy, on 13 February 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

My H is sitting with a K/D of 4 and more important a win/lose of 4 .

I'm not a good light pilot.

These things are first on my priority list as a light pilot, to hunt, and I don't worry about streak mediums, piloting a Firestarter. I'm in, I shoot, I'm gone, I'm quite happy to take on two assaults..lol..

I'm so waiting for page after page of firestarters are OP nerf them..they must be broken, spiders are yesterdays hate mail.

Any light pilot that doesn't buy one of these, on the grounds of it hasn't ECM, well I, at a reasonable fee, can provide you with a hand gun, to shoot yourself in the foot with.

Medium, small lasers, beam and pulse, plus MG's...max enigine..max armour..anything else is a waste.

#105 mack sabbath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:45 PM

"Micro-Victor" FTW! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users