Russ Bullock taking questions on Founders now.

948 replies to this topic

#221 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:05 AM

View Post3Nt1tY, on 19 June 2012 - 11:02 AM, said:

Sorry if this is obvious but, does this mean we eu players have to spend all the MC BEFORE transferring to an eu server?

No take the MC with you if you like

#222 Teralitha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,188 posts

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

I will risk saying yes to this

Russ you may end up getting alot more founders than you bargained for....eh

With so many player founders having a huge advantage over new players that join later... I hope you have a system in place by then to separate the new players from the old in the form of fair matchmaking so noobs wont be discouraged to keep playing when getting horribly owned by old players who are far advantaged from better equipment and skill trees....

#223 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Just want to say thanks Russ. This is incredible and as an old vet from mech 2 I believe you will capture that spirit of old and make it brand new again. :angry: thanks PGI...I'm an elite ya baby...:P
Ck

#224 cipher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationState College, PA

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

Russ, I didn't see this answered yet...

View Postcipher, on 19 June 2012 - 10:33 AM, said:

Can you go into more details about our names listed in the MWO Legends credits for those who bought Legendary?

Thanks! :angry:

#225 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

View PostRuss Bullock, on 19 June 2012 - 10:14 AM, said:

Anyone who buys a Founders Package whether Elite or legendary will still have 4 empty mech bay slots on top of the Mech's they get with Founders.

Thanks, brilliant news. :angry:

#226 Agaster

Rookie

• 7 posts

Are there going to be different payment options, while the founder packs are available?

#227 Dazc

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Would be nice if Garth kicked the server again and all Legendary Founders got into beta.
Just sayin'

#228 Argon3

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationTexas

View Postcipher, on 19 June 2012 - 10:49 AM, said:

I would seriously doubt that. Let's say you earn a total of two billion C-bills at some future point. Would it really be overpowered to have 2.5 billion vs. 2 billion? Probably not.

Getting a unique item/mech that's more powerful and that no one else could get unless they spent money may be OP, but never stuff to help you gain money/xp over time.

You get a standard mech but it makes more C-Bills
So the page to buy or above

#229 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

View PostDCM Mandark, on 19 June 2012 - 10:58 AM, said:

i got 1 questions about this post from the devs update PLEASE CLARIFY !! (that is no longer part of the update)

I should say that it is logical that this next round of beta testers will likely be drawn from those early purchasers of the founders program; it only makes sense since they have shown such dedication and are quite likely to be excellent beta testers.

any more info on this
PLEASE EXPLAIN !!
what are my odds now of getting into beta

From the Dev update:

On July 10th, we are scheduled to move to our production hardware, allowing many thousands of simultaneous players to enjoy the game, also known internally as the launch of Closed Beta 2. As we continue to ramp up the beta testers (drawn from those early purchasers of the Founder’s Program), the next milestone is the injection of the Founder’s Program assets on Aug. 7th.

View PostNatedog, on 19 June 2012 - 10:59 AM, said:

If you bought the legendary package and have all 4 mechs do you still get one other free mech at start, as a starter mech?

(sorry if this has been asked already, there are 11 pages of posts and it's slow going trying to wade through them).

You will still have your initial mech and 4 empty slots.. the founders will be in ADDITIION

Edited by Chuckie, 19 June 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#230 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

View PostFros7bite, on 19 June 2012 - 11:04 AM, said:

I bought the Legendary, got charged and nothing happened. Will I have to pursue this problem or will it be fixed for me?

Wait a few minutes most people say what you just said and then never mind right after because it showed up.

#231 Paladinred

• Pip
  • 11 posts

View Postdaniel castelo, on 19 June 2012 - 11:06 AM, said:

I just wanted to know what kinds of stuff I can buy with the $80 bucks

This has been answered. Read back. It was ~ 8-10 Med Mechs. More smalls, less super heavies.

#232 The Lonegopher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

So if I buy the elite package, once my premium time runs out I'll only get a 25% instead of the 50 + 25 bump on my founders mech?

#233 Sinner098

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 15 posts

OK, so I want the elite founders pack, I got the e-mail and paypal for that. I look at my e-mail now and i have an e-mail that says elite to legendary, i don't want that. Whats up?

#234 Thermal Scorpion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTalcott, Capellan March

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Russ thanks for taking all of these questions. Will Legendary Founders get an extra Mech Bays to account for the one they normally start with or just the 4 Mech Bays for each of the Founder Mechs?

Thanks,
Thermal

#235 KJ Crow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

Just a small request, not really a question.... please stop taking my money!!..... I only wanted Elite.... purchased this and an hour later I get told that I have purchased an upgrade from Elite to Legendary.... no....I didn't.... much as I may love the game and wish to support you, I only wanted the Elite pack as I don't want all 4 mechs.... personal preference....I don't like using Assaults and the light I will be using isn't included so only really had a choice of 2!..... so please oh please, hold off on charging me anything else!

#236 Paladinred

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

View PostThermal Scorpion, on 19 June 2012 - 11:09 AM, said:

Russ thanks for taking all of these questions. Will Legendary Founders get an extra Mech Bays to account for the one they normally start with or just the 4 Mech Bays for each of the Founder Mechs?

Thanks,
Thermal

This has been answered. The founders mechs come with a bay each. You will still have 4 free bays in your garage/hangar.

#237 Petrified

• Pip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in time

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

It would be nice if the $120 for the Legendary actually gave you more in the way of C -bills than eliite. Sure, 4 founders mechs, but what are they? What can we do with them (think customize)? I want to know that it is fiscally better than simply dropping $60 for the Elite package and then spending $60 additional on C-bills which could buy me more than I am getting in Legendary. Game credit is nice, but not enough to bridge the gap in price.

Convince me. The money is waiting.

*edit* - Serves me right for starting a post then not seeing if there was more posted two hours later before hitting submit. I think my shiny new tag shows I was convinced.

Edited by Petrified, 19 June 2012 - 11:54 AM.

#238 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Good to see we can upgrade. :angry: cause I just did. To lengendary...whoo hoo. My question is..these mech will have a unique look correct ?
Ck

#239 DCM Mandark

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationLuthien

i would prefer a dev reply to my post not a member misquoting a edited dev post

Edited by DCM Mandark, 19 June 2012 - 11:15 AM.

#240 Darcsyde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Are random Beta slections continueing upto Aug7? if so how will founders fit into that now that its released?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users